C-C Role PLAY!

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

(OOC: Ok, go here: http://www.geocities.com/huroot/

However, only the Dragon Masters faction is up at this time.

How do you like the backgrounds and colours?)
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

Maybe I could help with this, I have Dreamweaver MX :) or at least, can I do my page?
~ Matthew Taylor
[url=http://galacticbrick.com/arda][img]http://galacticbrick.com/lotr/new-site/banner-main.png[/img][/url]

The Adm is for Admiral not ADAM! :-p
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Heh! I have Dreamweaver MX as well.

Yeah, you can do your own page if you wish.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Great job. Devari, you go above and beyond expectations.

I'm awarding the first ever C-C roleplay point to ye.

Points list. Update whenever a point is awarded.
Devari: 1

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

(OOC: Ok, Matt, I've got your page up. Just go to http://www.geocities.com/huroot/YY.htm to see it, or go to http://www.geocities.com/huroot/ to link to it.

Part of my plan is to eventually make a fancy Flash-based site with the info... However, that is far in the future.

One final note - there is a LEGO RP game currently in development that may appear soon... It was started quite a ways back. And no, I'm not going to tell you what ti is. :))
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

so you have studio MX too, eh? well I will get my part of the site into a flash movie soon! :)
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

(OOC: Yeah, I love the MX suite. I got it for free through my distance-ed school last year, and didn't have to give it back. If you ever need any Flash help... Send me a message.)
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

ok then, how do you make a link? ;)
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hey DM,

Give me some time, I work at night and I was designing the track for a Train show last night.

I will be in full writing mode tonight. Now pics will come later as I have not unpacked my figs since my move. I also have to Track down a few Dragon Master capes etc... as I have none :shock: I must have sold them at some point, aside from the torsos and roman helm, the Dragon Masters line was not a fave.

As to your main character, I have all the parts for him sans cape :? I am hoping I can remedy that on Tuesday, my day off. I will assemble him and hopefully a DM Army, If you look in my gallery now, the Dragon Masters use Black Knight and Black Monarch shields and have assorted mercenary helmets, so I am hoping someone from my lug will be helping me out with a few shields and capes.

As to the writing, It should be up sometime late tonight.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Don't worry about it too much. The cape is no big deal. HE can go without for the battle. We'll say he accquired it after the battle. Don't worry about the sheilds either. Your Dragon Slayers army would be perfectly fine as is for the DM army.

I can't wait to see it.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

Three years prior....

Sportimer woke with a start. The stars were still gleaming brighlty as they slowly, steadily made their way across the sky. He then remembered where he was. Alone. Miles from home. The images of bloodshed several weeks prior were still burned in his head. He was convinced he had done the right thing. The King's men were not. If they had not violated the long standing agreement with the people of the Forest, Sportimer would not have to what he had done.

Killing five of the King's men is not a matter to be taken lightly.

Sportimer did not regret anything he did one bit. They were cutting down trees so ancient, no mortal man had ever seen them as seedlings. "The Kingdom needs bigger ships," they had said. He had to stop them. They were tampering with a mystical power they would never begin to understand.

The men at the tavern had talked of Darkwood Forest and some legendary figure named Jethro something. Sportimer was bad with names. Darkwood seemed like the place for him. Tomorrow he would find out.

Sportimer drew his cloak tight around himself. No room at the tavern. Fine with him.
wlister
Sheriff

The beginning...

Post by wlister »

To begin our story, we must know some of the history that has passed before us. There was a land made up of 11 provinces, each province had a King and they fought bitterly with each other. The province of Linnaeus the largest and most populous province in the land of Ameth was ruled by King William Aethmael I, a strong-willed and brilliant military strategist. Tired of constant border battles, he sought to unite the 11 provinces under his rule he spent decades in battle bringing the other provinces to heel. After many years, his quest was complete. As a provision of their surrender, he allowed the Kings of the other provinces to rule provided they paid homage to him. Border skirmishes were outlawed and many years of peace followed his rule.

His son and successor William Aethmael II was a just King and loved by many. Being the second King in the Aethmael line also had its advantages, 10 kings paid homage to him and their rule was only guaranteed by their loyalty to him. He had the riches of 10 kingdoms flowing into his coffers and he was generous with his wealth. As a sign of good faith when he took the throne, he allowed the other Kings hereditary rights, meaning their sons would rule by right, and not as vassals of the High King. This would eventually lead to many conflicts upon his death, but for now we will begin this story with his eventual successor, William the III.

William Aethmael III, like a dog on a leash, William’s life had always been a struggle. As the only male heir to the High King; he was always protected and unable to prove his worth as a man. He had recently completed his training as a knight and had shown remarkable talent as swordsmen and surprisingly with a war hammer. This was not the weapon of a prince, but he used it anyway. Traditions and court politics were not his concern. He was young and eager to prove himself.

Now at the time of William III’s knighting, a strange man had taken the ear of his father, the high king; this man was named Aranar and he had quickly become a favored member of the High King’s court. He acted as bard and told of wild tales of the lands past the Dragar Mountains, of endless treasures and fantastical creatures. When he spoke it was almost as if you could see these wonders and the tales he told settled in the minds of the young prince.

As a knight, the prince was allowed more freedoms and he chose to explore the lands beyond the mountains. He took a small contingent of 9 knights, his squire Dean and a few of his closest friends. His father, nervous about the expedition also sent Ermel, the family’s Earth Warden to protect William. William’s party traveled for many weeks and sent news of their travels by owl almost daily. As they traveled father into the mountains, news took longer to reach the King. Finally after 3 months with no word, the King became worried.

He sent a tracker by the name of Rizel to find his son’s party. News returned from Rizel that he had found the trail and then no messages followed. The king fearing something foul had happened decided to send 100 soldiers and 50 Horse into the Mountains. Led by General Treyven, they traveled for two weeks into the mountain ranges when they came upon a large band of mercenaries in a clearing. The mercenaries carried large shields with a blue dragon as a herald, they said they followed a wizard named Majisto and they were called the Dragon Masters, an odd name, but the general paid it no mind. The mercenaries seemed reserved, but they were not hostile. After exchanging a few pleasantries, they left the camp, more concerned about their prince than a band of mercenaries they had never heard of…

…About three days ride from the Dragon’s camp, General Treyven and his soldiers found the remains of several of the Prince’s party, due to decay, the General was unable to identify whether or not the Prince was part of this massacre, but the body count did suggest that the prince could well be dead, he sent an owl to the King demanding the right to roust the mercenaries and force them to reveal what had happened. The King agreed and ordered no mercy. The general was instructed to kill them all, but to bring one man to back to question. After a hard two days ride back to the mercenary the General rested his troops for the remainder of the day. They posted sentries and watched the Dragon camp until well into the night.

Once the General was convinced most of the mercenaries were asleep, he ordered his archers to kill the Dragon sentries; all were killed quickly and most importantly quietly. He then waved his soldiers into the camp; they came from all sides and brutally began killing the men in their sleep, some tried to fight back, but they were overwhelmed easily. The slaughter was brutal and no quarter was given, one man was tossed in a sack and the rest of the camp was set to the torch. General Treyven gathered his men and began his march back to King William.

Little did the general know, but one man had survived the battle the Dragon’s commander, he was badly injured and buried under the dead, but he was alive. After pulling himself out from under the charred remains of his comrades, he realized that the only reason he was alive was because the blood of his men had kept him insulated from the fire. That moment covered in blood he swore to the gods that he would have revenge!
He named himself The Dragon Master and vowed revenge on the Royal Knights of King William Aethmael II…

So begins our tale, with a missing prince, a mysterious court bard and a Vengeful Commander who wants nothing better than to destroy the Royal House of Aethmael.

Where is the Prince?

Who is Majisto, what power does he have over The Dragon Master?

And who is the Mysterious court Bard Aranar?

All will be told and battles will be waged, so begins the War!!!

Enough of a story to start this little role-play with? Of course other the factions can be from the 10 kingdoms or from the lands beyond the mountains. We have motive for the course of our game.

Tell me what you think,

Will

My apologies if it was a bit too long, but I have a ton of ideas and this was just the start...

I am hoping to start taking pictures to illustrate this story starting on Tuesday; unfortunately most of my mountain pieces are part of a store window display until after Christmas. I will have to creatively produce some mountainesque landscape. I will start by fleshing out characters and perhaps building a Throne room, a bit of a road and a clearing. Then to the massacre… :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

jeff_o_rama wrote:Three years prior....

Sportimer woke with a start. The stars were still gleaming brighlty as they slowly, steadily made their way across the sky. He then remembered where he was. Alone. Miles from home. The images of bloodshed several weeks prior were still burned in his head. He was convinced he had done the right thing. The King's men were not. If they had not violated the long standing agreement with the people of the Forest, Sportimer would not have to what he had done.

Killing five of the King's men is not a matter to be taken lightly.

Sportimer did not regret anything he did one bit. They were cutting down trees so ancient, no mortal man had ever seen them as seedlings. "The Kingdom needs bigger ships," they had said. He had to stop them. They were tampering with a mystical power they would never begin to understand.

The men at the tavern had talked of Darkwood Forest and some legendary figure named Jethro something. Sportimer was bad with names. Darkwood seemed like the place for him. Tomorrow he would find out.

Sportimer drew his cloak tight around himself. No room at the tavern. Fine with him.
Great begining, jeff_o_rama! I'll add to the story sometime today! (school...grrrr)
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Pictures of some characters are online:

Jethro Argus Tahmyll

Blyme

Jair

Gonderin

Miss Scarlet

Pablo

Dawl

and a captive :twisted:
Lord_of_the_LEGO, those are great!!! I will hopefully be able to post a pic of Sportimer in a week. I need to get home from school, to where my legos are. Here's my plan for sportimer so far:

regular smiley head or one with sparse facial hair
brown foresterman cap, no feather
forestman torso with red collar
brown arms
green legs with black waist
bow
quiver
green, brown, black cloak

Anysuggestions? Would black hands (gloves) be good? Again, those minifigs are GREAT. Good photography too.

-Jeff