Black Monarch

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
destroyer4147
Villein

Black Monarch

Post by destroyer4147 »

I believe that the great King of the Black Knights was...

THE GHOST

The Black Monarch's castle did not have a king. The next Black Knight set was Black Monarch's Ghost right?

The name of the set implies that it is his ghost, therefore he (the ghost) is the king.

I also believe that, in his passing, the new king is none other than...

The knight who is meeting with him. If I am not mistaken, is this not the knight who first wears Euro armor and a pivoting visored helm? He then makes it a standard for the army, thereby making that faction the greatest faction ever!!!

BTW the Dragon Masters are not the same as the Black Knights. The Dragon Masters defeated the Black Knights because they cheated by using magic, and green dragons.

But...what happens when the Black Monarch summons the blue dragon of his shield?

The mighty, BLUE.......T-REX comes to his aid!!!!

Bwahahahahah!!!!
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Agreed.

Now all you gotta do is work in the black dragon.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Intersting story. The only part where I disagree, I believe the dragon masters were orginally from the black knights, but they rebeled against them, thats why they have some similarities. Civil war? The wizard helps them. However, I do agree with you that the black knights are the greatest faction ever!

Not sure if they were the first to get euro armor though, I think king's mountain fortress was, or was it?
:?

DAn
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Me thinks that the Black Dragon was the European cousin of the Golden Black Dragon from China (orient expedition).

In Japan the Red Ninjas and the Emperor had that black dragon symbol on their flags as well as the Emperor's horse's barding. Guess some of them (golden black dragon) might've gotten caught by the Kamikaze (hurricane) trying to fly to Japan.... thus there's only golden dragon parts in the Ninja theme.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

No. I thought his son Sirion became king.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/loner ... ture15.jpg

and wasent the name of the Blue dragon on the sheild Beleriand. who later died along with the dragon name oroth gamus? and all that was left was his head?
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/loner ... ictur6.jpg

And I'm 99% sure that the Black Knights still live on and the Dragon masters never defeated the Black Knights.

LR
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

I do agree with you on some things.

One thing I don't agree on was that the Black Knights were defeated by the Dragon Masters.

Though my favorite two factions are Royal Knights(Great ovoid shield) and the Forestemen(Good set design and awesome shield)

And the Falcons tie with the Black Knights and the Dark Forestemen for 2nd. They all had great set desighn and nice shields. Hey the shields make the faction don't they?

3rd would have to be the Classics. Yes if I had been around when the ywere out I might like them for 1st. But I didn't even know there were Classic knights until I joined here.
Space rocks.
Jojo
Master

Re: Black Monarch

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

destroyer4147 wrote:I believe that the great King of the Black Knights was...
THE GHOST
I agree. He's dead and burried but couldn't find rest because he never sieged anything, never conquered any foe's castle. Heck, 1491, 1917 and 1971 ain't serious siege weapons, are they?
The Black Monarch's castle did not have a king.

Right. Because the King was on crusade :-) The Black Monarch is not the King but he is only the illegitimate ruler while his brother is kept imprisoned by Duke Leopold of Austria in Trifels Castle. And that's why the Lion Knights ("Crusaders") don't have a visible king either (in any Castle set).

BTW the Dragon Masters are not the same as the Black Knights.
Of course they aren't! Not at all. They are the product of a lazy LEGO employee who didn't want to invent a new shield design.
The Dragon Masters defeated the Black Knights
I'm not sure if they did. There's not much evidence of them ever having met each other. There is only this poster:
Image And in 6078 and 6079 Dragon Master knights are carrying Black Knights' shields. But they only imprisoned some Wolfpack men.
But...what happens when the Black Monarch summons the blue dragon of his shield?
The mighty, BLUE.......T-REX comes to his aid!!!!
That might actually be the truth. I believe the real dragons have been dinosaurs. Of course only the carcasses of long gone dinosaurs...

Bye
Jojo

And I wondered if this thread would be moved to "Stories" because of the story part, or rather moved to "MOCs" because of Loneranger's MOC post....
Last edited by Jojo on Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This topic is your story and speculation about the factions. Because of this, it is more appropriate in the "Stories" forum and I will move it.

The reason why I believe it is speculation is because obviously no king had a crown until Royal Knights. Personally I think that certain knight's of the Monarch's and even the Lions were the Kings because of unique bardings or shields. (But that would also be speculation on my part :wink: )
CC Sets Admin
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Well, anything goes. That's the beauty of the old themes, they didn't come with stories attached.

Now, I think of the ghost as belonging to the Black Monarch, his servant/subject. The King is the white-winged knight with the Dungeon Master's Castle, #6086.

In my world, there is little or no connection between Black Knights and Dragon Masters. Except that they hate each other.

Actually, the story tended to change from game to game. I never bothered with complete consistency. I just reused what I had liked from previous games.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Now, I think of the ghost as belonging to the Black Monarch, his servant/subject. The King is the white-winged knight with the Dungeon Master's Castle, #6086.
I agree with Formendacil. That guy from #6086 with his white dragon wings must be pretty important. He has a white flag with him, and all others BK's always carry blue or red flags; and white is some sort of royal color isnt it? That's my theory: the white dragon wings guy is the king. And one more thingy: you can only have those white wings in #6086, so... :mrgreen:
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

due to my lack of buying power during the black kinght and dragon master age I have very few of each. I use the dragon shields for a group of nobel knights that my wizard council (se my The history of your wizards thread) hand picked to keep the dragons in check, in a land outside and to the north of the realm. Each of the knights was given a special sword and shield. The different collors of the shields have to do with the various enchantments placed on them.