If I Were in Charge of KK2...

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Fry_slayer
Steward

Post by Fry_slayer »

You guys need to realise that KK2 is so much cooler then LOTR.
A very unlikely but interesting statement, however after all these years alive I have understood most of the time things are more than meet the eyes. Please put forth your reasons/theories. 8)

The only reason Jayko wins every time is because he cheats with the Heart.
Nah, it is because he is fast; being fast itself, in chinese martial arts theory, is equivalent of being invulnerable (read: theres no defense which cant be break, only being faster than your opponent is invulnerable) Just like the old times Sega Sonic cartoon.

THE GOOD GUYS WIN?!?!?!
Same feeling I have for LOTR. Dark Lord Sauron is one of the worst military strategist in my book, ever. May be being an eye a top of a tower for too long has its side effects....
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Fryslayer]Brickshelf[/url] | [url=http://brickgamers.blogspot.com/]BrickGamers[/url]
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

I agree with you Fry_slayer on all points, though the third, is so-so. Just about any badguy in JRR Tolkien's books uses the same strategy: "Smash 'em!".

What I do not really understand is one of Lego's policies when it comes to badguys and goodguys- they think its a good system. As a child, when I played with my Black Knights and Dragon Masters, etc, the only badguys where the skeletons, ghosts and the obviously evil witches and batlords. All the others were human kingdoms who fought for stupid reasons like the ownership of gold- no badguys there.

Now, Lego write as if "Good vs Evil" is good, but this leads to groupations, "us against them" views, which with time can lead to gangwars, fanaticism and other evil things, children shouldt learn that "these guys are good, and those are bad", since in real life, noone is purely evil, and noone can be purely good, and children shouldnt learn good vs evil.

However, I would encourage stories with someone who can't see the difference between good and evil, or stories with someone who simply has an extremely radical view of the world- think Dalek.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

If I were in charge of KK2...

King Mathias would have another name. King Mathias is a man hididng from his past where he originally was Vladek's brother. When Vladek started to get wild ideas and off-track, Mathias lead a rebellion to defeat Vladek and cast him out of the...KK2 land instead of killing him.

It was a very grave mistake seeing as Vladek would return completely out of his mind after years of studying dark arts fed by his obsequious revenge that he wants to enact on his brother. Where did Vladek learn his dark arts you may ask? Well, he was taken under the instruction of a Necromancer and completely left void of anything besides thoughts of vengeance.

The four knights were picked by the king himself. All four were veterans from years of fighting with Vladek. They are bestowed with cool sheilds and cool swords and different helmets and cooler designed armor. They are charged to lead the armies of...KK2 land and only defend it from Vladek and the Grip of the Necromancer.......But can they do it? :twisted:

New story line comes when KK2 sets keep releasing.

I reserve the right to kill anyone who mimics this story line or any other one that I come up with and choose to publish in any way, shape, or form.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Sir Kohran wrote:
Anubisconq wrote:You guys need to realise that KK2 is so much cooler then LOTR. 8)

- Matt
Cast him into the Fire! He must die! LOTR would kick serious butt and wipe KK2 out of the memory of everyone! How dare you make a statement of that nature when there are avid LOTR fans and semi-KK2 haters in this forum! You deserve to be baked for this! If you EVER say something like this again, I will destroy you! On my life, I will destroy you!
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Fry_slayer wrote:
THE GOOD GUYS WIN?!?!?!
Same feeling I have for LOTR. Dark Lord Sauron is one of the worst military strategist in my book, ever. May be being an eye a top of a tower for too long has its side effects....
Well, I thought he should at least get some credit for mustering an army greater than that that attacked Minas Tirith in only a few months. And also that he can get other men to side with him is a plus side.

(if the Mods want to merge my posts, please do. I don't know how.)
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Lord Nev wrote:(if the Mods want to merge my posts, please do. I don't know how.)
Two simple controls: edit and delete in the upper right corner. We mods and admin's aren't going to do everything for you.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Fry_slayer wrote:Same feeling I have for LOTR. Dark Lord Sauron is one of the worst military strategist in my book, ever. May be being an eye a top of a tower for too long has its side effects....
Wait! Hold on, Sauron had the worst military strategy? What about Elrond? If you ask me, the council of rivendell should have been like this:

Elrond: You will be the fellowship of the ring.

Gandalf: Um, actually I could just Moth-o-gram my eagle friend and airmail the ring to mount doom overnight. Gaurenteed or your money back!

Clearly, neither side had any idea what they were doing.

Oh, was this theard about KK2? Ahem, back to your lives citizens, the off topic rambling is over.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The Green Knight wrote: Oh, was this theard about KK2? Ahem, back to your lives citizens, the off topic rambling is over.
Yes it was and should be about KK2. Discussions about LOTR are irrelevant since LEGO does not have the license to those stories.

Ben
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Awwwww....but it's so fun to make stuff abut it! :(
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Interesting story, Rogue, with an interesting idea. I'd like to see the necromancer idea tried out in a setting other than Morcia, though, if you're still working on this.
A very unlikely but interesting statement, however after all these years alive I have understood most of the time things are more than meet the eyes. Please put forth your reasons/theories.
Okay - I was joking when I wrote this. I've been reading Tolkien's works for years, and love each one, and their respective movies. Middle-Earth is almost a part of me.

But now that I think deeply about it, I know why I really like KK2. It's not just fancy swords, big castles and cool armour - it's also the feelings and emotions I get from it. The heroism of simple good guys; the valour against great enemies; the bravery in the face of danger - all things we need more of in this grey, complex, real world.
If you EVER say something like this again, I will destroy you! On my life, I will destroy you!
Oh yeah, what are gonna do? Stab me with Anduril? That thing couldn't even dent the Shield of Ages! :P

Seeing as this is heading off-topic...

- Matt
Danju the Clever
Artisan

Post by Danju the Clever »

Sir Kohran wrote:Oh yeah, what are gonna do? Stab me with Anduril? That thing couldn't even dent the Shield of Ages! :P
That goes double for me!
And now, back on topic. For as strong as the shield is, it can never match the wrath of the admins. :wink: