power of your wizards

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

power of your wizards

Post by Merlin of Lego »

the power that my wizards have is not something that is normally seen. they are similar to Gandolf you know he can do awsome things but dosn't do a lot of vissible stuff. The only reason that there would be a scene in my story that a wizard throws a fireball is so that the reader knows that the wizards can but now realy to develope the story.

How power fule are your wizards and is it a seen power?
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Well. I have different Level of wizards. I kind of base my staus off of Star Wars and the Jedi. Theres is a Wizard aprentice, a Wizard and a High Wizards vs. Star Wars Jedi aprentice, Jedi Knight, Jedi master. Basically the same thing.

My wizards do great thing visible and not so visible if you know what I mean. Most do visible things such as healing, fireballs, water waves, levitaiton, etc.....

So I guess the answer to your question is YES. My Wizards are powerfull in many different ways.
Space rocks.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

forester3291 wrote:Well. I have different Level of wizards. I kind of base my staus off of Star Wars and the Jedi. Theres is a Wizard aprentice, a Wizard and a High Wizards vs. Star Wars Jedi aprentice, Jedi Knight, Jedi master. Basically the same thing.

My wizards do great thing visible and not so visible if you know what I mean. Most do visible things such as healing, fireballs, water waves, levitaiton, etc.....

So I guess the answer to your question is YES. My Wizards are powerfull in many different ways.
The wizards in my story and basicly almost every published story I've read have the same hierachy.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

TheOrk wrote:The wizards in my story and basicly almost every published story I've read have the same hierachy.
Hierarchy?

My wizards have no set hierarchy. The good guys are all pretty much loners. Members of a common community, but generally not in contact with each other, and they do not work together as a group.

As for the baddies, its a system of value. How valuable are you to the evil overlord-sorceror. You might not be the second-most powerful, but if you're really valuable in other ways, you might be his chief deputy. It's a system of competition.

As for the original question my wizards range in power from pretty much miniscule to the great overlord-evil-sorceror himself, who's power reaches nearly worldwide.

Most of the prominent wizards in the story are somewhat sub-Gandalfian. Perhaps a bit more willing to use magic, but without the angelic power for good of the Istari.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Re: power of your wizards

Post by Teh Stud »

Merlin of Lego wrote:the power that my wizards have is not something that is normally seen. they are similar to Gandolf you know he can do awsome things but dosn't do a lot of vissible stuff. The only reason that there would be a scene in my story that a wizard throws a fireball is so that the reader knows that the wizards can but now realy to develope the story.

How power fule are your wizards and is it a seen power?
Hey Merlin of Lego. I went to Crescent Valley High in Corvallis! (The power of my wizards enabled me to leave after high school :)

On topic, I enjoy creating wizard minfigs of different types, but I've never really thought about what "powers" they have. I just use them for diaramas.....
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

I too have diferent levels.
Minor magic like the one of your wizards and SUPIRIOR MAGIC of Red Knight(Almost unbetable:Sauron SQUISH. Melkor:SQUISH. Illúvitar SQUISH. All smashed upp) Renzel(its bud)
Bat Lord(Evil Equal to Red Knight good).
DRAGON GODS: Master Dragon(Red, equal to Red Knight, seen that he gave him half of its soul, or it would be totaly unbeatable). Black Dragon(brother of Dragon Master, and as powerfull as him, did not gave soul).
HAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
kingkastle
Laborer

Post by kingkastle »

I haven't really gotten into power levels for my wizards and sorcerers but do have a basic idea of their abilities. On the side of good :D I really only have two wizards with what would be considered only defensive or passive abilities (kind of like Gandalf). As for the side of evil :evil: I have about ten sorcerers with offensive powers (fireballs ect..) but nothing that would make them any more deadly than an evil soilder. As for those that I do give immense powers (that could clear a battlefield in seconds) I place these wizards, conjurors, and sorcerers on the neutral side as what reason would any of these figs have to chose sides if they can basically controll the fate of the entire world?