The Wanderer

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

The Wanderer

Post by SavaTheAggie »

The want to be accepted is universal for all creation; Mankind as a species has always sought to be accepted by its' peers. For some, this want is fulfilled by overcoming their past; for others to be simply accepted for it. It is for a select few, however, that the want to even be near another human being is all but non-existant. For these wandering souls, the cry for human companionship is just a whisper; the feel of another's touch just a distant memory.

The waves broke briskly against the hull as a small crab clung to the barnicles to prvent being carried away. The captain of Soaring Eagle should have been pleased with the weather conditions on this day, the sky was clear, the wind was more than favorable. But today Captain Harden was uneasy about the upcoming voyage, for his cargo was most unusual and most unpleasant.

"Captain, we've lost two more, John and Valin didn't come back from breakfast." The voice was a loud whisper in the his ear, but he did not flinch by the sound. Captain Harden continued to stare off into the horizon anxiously.

"Sir, if we lose any more men, we won't be able to sail!" the voice said again, "Perhaps we should tell him to find another ship..."

"No!" the Captain interrupted in a whisper, turning to face his first mate, "he's willing to pay us 500 gold pieces, we can't pass this up!"

"The men don't care for him, Sir,"

"I don't care much for him either, Trib, but his money is good."

"Well, I suppose things around here won't be getting any better if we stick around," the first mate sighed uneasily.

"With King Garren on the throne, no one will be safe around here for much longer. That war mongering tyrant will be the death of us all."

"Ikros is going to Megablocks, isn't it Sir?"

"Aye," Harden replied with a nod, turning back to face the sea, his eyes narrowing into a squint. Taking in a deep breath of the fresh, salty air, he closed his eyes and imagined his future with the payment he was about to collect. He could finally sell this leaky boat, pay his debts, and find a good wife to settle down with. This should be a easy trip, he thought, clear day, clear sailing. The time of year was perfect for such a voyage.

But Captain Harden's thoughts were interrupted by a new figure stepping foot on his boat. It wasn't so much the sound of the footfalls onto the deck that alerted him as much as it was the smell.

The cloaked figure was tattered and dirty, reaking of odors that had no business mingling together. His ancient cloak engulfed him entirely, and only his face could be seen through the hood. His face seemed to be always hidden in shadow, only the flicker of sunlight off the water gave any hint to the presence of the man's eyes.

"Ahh, Mr... what did you say your name was again?" Captain Harden asked uneasily.

"I didn't." The man's voice was harsh and aged, cold and emotionless like a battle hardened warrior. The stare he gave the First Mate sent the man running off to elsewhere on the ship looking for work to do.

"Yes, of course," Harden replied.

"Here's half your payment," The figure spoke slowly, dropping a large leather purse on the deck at his feet. His hand never appeared from under his cloak, it just seemed to drop out from under it.

"We'll make way as soon as you are ready, I can have my men pick up your cargo immediately" The Captain nodded, motioning to one of his crewmen to collect the bag of payment.

"I'm ready." The figure began walking to the bow of the ship quickly. A dark air seemed to follow him wherever he went, a sense of dread that filled anyone who would look upon him.

"Ready the ship!" Captain Harden called out, climbing up to the forecastle, barking orders which grew more and more slient as the figure walked further away to the edge of the railing at the bow.

He could no longer stay in Ikros, his once beloved home of long ago. There would not be a single soul in the entire kingdom who would miss him, or even mark his absence. He had become nothing more than a wanderer; a face that you would only walk by and forget just a quickly.

Beggar, thief, killer, he had been called many things, but none of it mattered anymore. His quest was far from over, and he would not rest until he saw it through.

The sails of the Soaring Eagle billowed quickly as they were unfurled into the wind. The large ship creeked forward slowly, gaining speed as it left the port. The sun shined down brightly, but it did not warm him any. Standing close to the railing the man stood, staring out into the horizon before him.

He was unsure of what he would find there, but he knew that for what he was searching lay far in the west.
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

Wow, that was a nice read! Does it have any connection to Chaos Skies, or is it the beginning of a short story?

Seriously, you should continue the idea of actually publish the first book atleast. Ive actually long tried to write a real book but my choice of words are thin, but your story and writing are both great!

And another thing; "Going to megablocks?" Interesting line... :)
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

The Hordesman wrote:Wow, that was a nice read! Does it have any connection to Chaos Skies, or is it the beginning of a short story?

I agree that it's a good read, and the fig is fascinating too.

As for "megablocks", either Sava wrote that word for posting, or the forum filter changed the original word (which would likely be the four-letter common name for Hades :wink: ).

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Nice story! I hope it continues :D
"Ikros is going to Megablocks, isn't it Sir?"
Did you get that from the CCRP? We use clonebricks and swears over there...
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Very nice indeed! I am watching the writing style of mr. sava get cooler and cooler... 8) It kind of reminded me of the shanara series with jerle ohmsford... Nice fig too... I was thinking there must be something that can be done with those HP phantoms. This has to be one of the best uses. :wink:
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

The Hordesman wrote:Wow, that was a nice read! Does it have any connection to Chaos Skies, or is it the beginning of a short story?

Seriously, you should continue the idea of actually publish the first book atleast. Ive actually long tried to write a real book but my choice of words are thin, but your story and writing are both great!

Thanks! This story is only connected to Chaos Skies by the Kingdom of Ikros itself, and takes place much later in time.

I keep finding myself with less and less time now that I have a job. My attention is pulled in ten different directions at once. I'd like to finish Chaos Skies before talking about a physical book, just to get my ducks in a row.
footsteps wrote:I agree that it's a good read, and the fig is fascinating too.

As for "megablocks", either Sava wrote that word for posting, or the forum filter changed the original word (which would likely be the four-letter common name for Hades :wink: ).

Alan
Thanks much! And yes, I wrote a different word :) It's the forum filter's fault!
TheOrk wrote:Nice story! I hope it continues :D
Thanks much! I hope I can continue it as well. I've been planning this character for a long time, and I've been looking forward to fleshing him out.
ottoatm wrote:Very nice indeed! I am watching the writing style of mr. sava get cooler and cooler... 8) It kind of reminded me of the shanara series with jerle ohmsford... Nice fig too... I was thinking there must be something that can be done with those HP phantoms. This has to be one of the best uses. :wink:
Thanks, I'm glad to hear I'm improving :)

As soon as I saw the Dementor cloak I knew what I wanted to do with it. It took me quite a long time to save up enough money to get my hands on one (before I was employed).

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Aviah102
Laborer

Post by Aviah102 »

Wow, Mr. Sava, your writing is both intriguing and poetic. So far, I only have read a small portion of it and there have been several unique lines that have made me stop and wonder...Why did'nt I think of such a phrase. In my opinion, you know writing is good when you ask yourself such questions. I too, think you should get your work published. Maybe one day I can share some of my writing with you.

P.S. Can you get that cape and cloak in the same set? I want the figure more and more every time I look at it.
eNiGMa
Justiciar

Post by eNiGMa »

Aviah102 wrote:Can you get that cape and cloak in the same set? I want the figure more and more every time I look at it.
They come in the Harry Potter 3 sets as dementors.

Anyway, that's really great writing, Tony. Keep it up!
Nathan Cunningham
[url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] | [url=https://www.facebook.com/nathan.cunningham.9]Facebook[/url] | [url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html]MOCs[/url]
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

I think it was a great story and I love the minifig! :D I also think you should publish Ikros as a book. If you do I will be sure to buy it! :D
I am in the process of making a website on which I will put a LEGO story.
:)
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Very nice, Sava! The story is both philosophical and mysterious, a tricky thing to achieve, but you've done it well here. A nice intro to your roleplay character. Something I might try myself, in fact... :twisted:

EDIT: 200 posts! And I'm a foot soldier! Yay!!!!!!!