88%
No
13%

Total votes: 8

venvorskar
Bailiff

Murder Mystery Idea

Post by venvorskar »

How would anyone like to do a Murder Mystery like on Eurobricks? Please tell me what you think. (It can be set in the Middle Ages, to keep it Castle)
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Didn't you just make a topic about this were I just replied?
I think you should have gotten an admin dude to edit the original.
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

What are you talking about? This happened before to me, I made one post, but it was made into two posts. Please, Admins, edit this.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

This could be a really cool idea (if set in castle settings). Something like a MacBeth or something (only no one would know what really happened).

I'd love to see it!
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

TheOrk, ottoatm, and ENIGMA; you are the "Admins" of this story along with me. I might let BloodyJay in too, seeing as he created the EuroBricks CLUES, and so has expirience in Lego mystery writing. We can discuss story ideas in Chat, or by PM. If it is Chat, all of us will have to be there at the same time, so we must set a date and time for it.
eNiGMa
Justiciar

Post by eNiGMa »

It might be hard to meet on chat, considering we're scattered across the continent :wink: . But PM meetings sound good, even if a bit tricky. Of course, we don't want to get into anything too major before the admins give us the go-ahead.
Nathan Cunningham
[url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] | [url=https://www.facebook.com/nathan.cunningham.9]Facebook[/url] | [url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html]MOCs[/url]
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

eNiGMa wrote: Of course, we don't want to get into anything too major before the admins give us the go-ahead.

Of course. Admins, where are you?
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

I haven't participated in the Eurobricks mystery (Didn't Bloody Jay make it? Or is that my imagination?), but I have plenty of time to waste at work, so I'm open to the idea.
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

Dragonlord Esq. wrote:I haven't participated in the Eurobricks mystery (Didn't Bloody Jay make it? Or is that my imagination?), but I have plenty of time to waste at work, so I'm open to the idea.
Yes, BloodyJay did make it, along with the Brickster. I PMed him about this to see if he might be interested, but he has not replied. I've got plenty of time too, but we need aproval
from the Admins, and they have not given it yet.
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

I can make pics. PM me, I got an idea about the location and story... :wink:
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
TheBrickster
Peasant

TheBrickster is Here

Post by TheBrickster »

Hello All. I just became a new member of CC and discovered this thread in searching for various topics of interest. I was the creator of the first Lego Murder Mystery on Eurobricks. The mystery was the Murder on the Lego Express. My 2nd mystery was Murder at Crowley Mansion that Bloody Jay of EB built the MOC for (and did a great job), of which you are discussing on this thread. I wrote the story and has asked Bloody Jay to build the MOC. I shared a 3rd mystery that was never solved called Murder on Flight 514. You may find these mysteries under my Index on EB here:
http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eur ... topic=2937

I would enjoy creating a new mystery (as time permits, if the members of CC are interested in this idea). The interest on EB fizzled out, just recently revived by EB member Hinkley. I had a few ideas relating to the new 2007 Castle Theme in my head that I may pursue, just not quite sure how to orchestrate exactly - but it may be very interesting to do so in the form of a mystery. I was a big D&D fan in the 80s and made a number of modules involving castles and dungeons.

In any case, I never got a PM as one of these messages indicated (at least that I read) - perhaps it was sent to Bloody Jay, but would be willing to Host a Murder if the interest is strong and the Admins support it. Let me know, and we'll go from there. I'm already loving the CC forum!
-TheBrickster
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

Wow, I'm amazed that you posted here after two years!

I am still interested in doing the murder mystery, if it's actually going to happen. The Hordesman Pmed me and said he thought that the story could take place in a castle MOC he was building, but as of May 2006 it still wasn't finished.

It was BloodyJay that I PMed, but he never replied.

So I am still interested in doing it, but I don't know exactly how to start...
TheBrickster
Peasant

Surprised

Post by TheBrickster »

Wow, I too am surprised. I just realized the year on this original post. I saw July and thought it was just a month old. Didn't even notice the year. I was a little surprised to see a thread related to a mystery I wrote a few years ago. I'll blame it on "new member syndrome" - sorry about that.

In any case, I was thinking more along the line of a ghostly sea castle/pirate haunt vs. just a murder in a spooky castle. This would tie in with the new 2007 Castle Theme. I would be willing to take the lead an orchestrate the entire mystery providing I have the blessing of the admins of this board. I would keep the rules very simple for those interested in participating. I would also need time to write the mystery.
-TheBrickster
venvorskar
Bailiff

Re: Surprised

Post by venvorskar »

TheBrickster wrote:I was thinking more along the line of a ghostly sea castle/pirate haunt
That actually sounds a lot more interesting than just a castle murder. It's fine if you want to write it, but I am interested in helping with the story too. Although I don't know how good I would be at writing a mystery, since it's difficult to write a good one.
TheBrickster
Peasant

You Bet

Post by TheBrickster »

Sounds like you'd enjoy co-hosting this mystery. I sent you a PM if you're interested in my thoughts regarding the mystery.

Do we have an endorsement from the Admins?
-TheBrickster