Wolfpack renegades

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Nick
Steward

Wolfpack renegades

Post by Nick »

With who are the wolfpack renegades allied in the 1990s
sets? I know there are three sides - the dragon masters, the black monarch, and the wolfpack. I suppose the wolfpack is neutral, or against all, just robbing trade carts and raiding villages, but I am not that sure. There are only three sets for the theme, with very few minifigures - what kind of a raid can 6-7 people organise??? That's why I thought that they must be someone's allies, or maybe mercenaries.
Jojo
Master

Re: Wolfpack renegades

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Nick wrote:With who are the wolfpack renegades allied in the 1990s
sets? I know there are three sides - the dragon masters, the black monarch, and the wolfpack. I suppose the wolfpack is neutral, or against all, just robbing trade carts and raiding villages, but I am not that sure. There are only three sets for the theme, with very few minifigures - what kind of a raid can 6-7 people organise??? That's why I thought that they must be someone's allies, or maybe mercenaries.
You are totally entitled to come up with your own story for them. Anyway, there are Wolfmen in 6086 (Dungeon Master's Castle) and 6082 (Fire Breathing Fortress), in each case as prisoners.

For me the Wolfmen simply were robberers. Not evil, but not noble either, in contrast to Robin Hood and his Merry Men aka the Forestmen. For the simple purpose of enhancing my Foestmen gang as well as adding some variety to this green mob I added the three Wolfmen I used to have as a kid to my Forestmen, though.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Nick wrote:With who are the wolfpack renegades allied in the 1990s
We can't really be sure, because there wasn't much story back then, but I remember reading that they allied with the Black Monarchs to stop Majisto and the Dragon Masters.

- Matt
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Sir Kohran wrote:We can't really be sure, because there wasn't much story back then, but I remember reading that they allied with the Black Monarchs to stop Majisto and the Dragon Masters.
Unfortunately they didn't succeed. Alas!

(And again: How many monarchs are there at the same time? A monarch is a single ruler, an autocrat. Greek mónos = alone, archós = leader. So "the black monarchs" (plural) is quite mindless. If they are from the same faction, that is.)

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

If I remembered right, they were first called "Black Monarch" and later when Black Monarch's ghost came out, Black Knights (meaning his brethren took the power afterwards).

In one catalog the Wolfpack had their tower outside the Forestmen's "village", and stormed the Black Knights, the Forestmen didnt do anything special in this catalog, just feasted there.

Two interesting commercials from 1993(after the forestmen's defeat):

Black Knights vs Dragon Masters:

Black Knight leader: Now my men, today we storm the Wizard's fort and take his gold! (Evil grumpy voice)

Men: Yes! Haha!

*The men ride towards the Firebreathing fortress*

*Black Knights storm the Firebreathing Fortress, no Dragonmasters to be seen*

*Majisto arrives on Dragon's back*

*Black Knight leader falls into the trap door and gets caught*

*The Black Knights run for their lives*

Wolfpack vs Dragon Masters:
*Begins outside the Dragonbreathing fortress as a wagon passes by*

*The men onboard the wagon sneaks into the Firebreathing fortress and takes a chest of gold*

*The wagon flees, chased by Majisto on dragon's back*

*They finally arrive to their hideout, walks over the bridge to hide it in the tower*

*BOOOH!! The Black Monarch's ghost scares them off the bridge, into the water*

*Majisto and his men takes back their treasure, the wolfpack to be seen nomore*

The End

I remember these two commercials very good since then Ive allways placed the Dragon Masters as defenders and not as evil conquerors, and the Black Knights as evil imperialists who wants gold above all, not as heroic dragonslayers.

As for Wolfpack (I got 10 real ones, one of my favorite factions ever) Their normal number is about 4-5, so I guess they are a rouge guild, since the only thing they do in the commercials and catalogs is robbing. In one of them, two wolfpack members run out from the Dungeonmaster's Castle with the chest, and the entire Black Knight horde chasing them!

Hope it helps.
:)
Last edited by The Hordesman on Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

The Wolfpack hail from the Black Forest, and are secret allies of the famous (or infamous) Two-Tonic Knights in their wars against the enemy, the Teutoburgerking of the Teutoburgerwald.

I doubt LEGO views this as canonical...
8)
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

I use the Wolfpack as allies to the Dark Forest/Forestmen (Same faction in my mind). The first Lego Racers game showed them living in theDark Forest, which made me believe that they are indeed allies.
Your ad here.
Nick
Steward

Wolfpack

Post by Nick »

Thanks! It does help. I used to think that the forest people were the subjects of Majisto, and that the black monarch recruited the renegades for money-stealing raids. I did think that the black monarch was an imperialist though.
Well, that makes a few things clear...
Keep posting, guys! I am sure there is more that I didn't know.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Thanks for the commercial scripts, Hordesman. Now if only Lego could do what MegaBloks does and store them up somewhere... :wink:

I view the Wolfpack as being bandits, striking out from their Lair at the other factions in their carts, stealing treasure. Despite their opposition, the Black Knights and Wolfpack allied to stop the Dragon Masters, but even then, the Wolfpack were only looking out for themselves, and the Wolfpack Boss betrayed the Black Knights to Majisto, in return for money. However, as soon as the Black Knights were defeated, Majisto betrayed the Wolfpack Boss and his men in turn, and allowed the bandits to be incinerated by Ogwen and his dragons, as the Wizard didn't want traitors in his Dragon Master army. Only several years later, under the visionary leadership of King Richard of the Royal Knights, with the help of the Dark Forest rangers, did the better Wolfpack members who had stayed with the Black Knights resurface, and help them defeat the Dragon Masters. They then settled down in the hills, and formed the nation of Alendan.

8)

- Matt
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

The wolfpack broke away from the forestmen group. They are extremists and use violent tatics which the forstmen don't really like. Where as the forestmen are like Robin Hood, they rob to help others, the Wolfpack rob just for themselves. They'd even rob poor people.

Thats what I always thought.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: Wolfpack

Post by Robin Hood »

Nick wrote:Thanks! It does help. I used to think that the forest people were the subjects of Majisto, and that the black monarch recruited the renegades for money-stealing raids. I did think that the black monarch was an imperialist though.
Well, that makes a few things clear...
Keep posting, guys! I am sure there is more that I didn't know.
Just so that this is clear, there is no real way. All of the above posts are just people's views on how the situation was set up. The commercials, catalogue pics and little info strips were just ideas for kids. They were only put there to help spurr on the imagination.

So don't worry if you feel that you don't know all there is to know. There is no right way. If you feel that the wolfpack should be the evil overlord power, and the Dragon Masters and Black Knights allies to stop them, or whatever, its the right way. So long as you have a great (and maybe slightly crazy) time with them, its all good.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Just so that this is clear, there is no real way. All of the above posts are just people's views on how the situation was set up. The commercials, catalogue pics and little info strips were just ideas for kids. They were only put there to help spurr on the imagination.
You're a very liberal Legoist!
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I´ve never bothered much with factions...I tend to make up my own factions and alliances. But i wish I had more wolfpacks though. They are cool.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

I like to think of the sets and catalogs as LEGO story canon. Looking at old catalogs and piecing together a coherent story makes me feel like an archeologist. Take the Sea Serpent set- did the Black Knights ally with the Black Falcons, or is the Black Falcon aboard the ship a slave/vassal? And what happened to the Crusaders? As far as I know there were no sets that showed them in direct conflict with the Crusaders. Rather, they were were jousting together- a relatively peaceful activity. The catalogs might show them at war, but unfortunately I can't find the website with the catalog scans... can anyone send me a link?
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

can anyone send me a link?
Sorry they were on brickshelf but were deleted. I think they are still on one the LEGO sites around here... :roll: