Who's against who?

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Somehow I got the impression that they were trying to figure out who wars against who according to what Lego determined. Silly me. :?

Also, about Bat Lord vs. Witch, I think they are sorting out their differences with a friendly game of killeachotherwithswordsandmagic. :)
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Cyclonis wrote:I like to think that there just the same king, but one is an aged version and the other one is him in his prime :)
This is also how I've used it, generally speaking.

I think some people are trying to find out how LEGO meant the factions to be, and others are solely using their imagination, and still others are doing both in this thread.

I beleive one conclusion that was drawn from this topic (at least the conclusion I drew :wink: ) was that it doesn't matter what LEGO intended then, or now... it's all about what the fan wants.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Slobey
Foot Soldier

Post by Slobey »

Believe it or not but I've made vladek a 'good' king -with unfortunate choice of heraldry :D and the jellybeans as the neighbouring warlords who swap and change alleigances as only warlords can.

The rouge knights will become my mercenrys for hire
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has limits
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I always thought that the Royal Knight's king was King Leo's father or grandfather or something. They're probably not the same person because of the different heraldry. Maybe they're brothers or cousins.

~smcginnis
Last edited by smcginnis on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

I supposed that would be this way.....
(not countering the first legoland castle knights)

Black falcons and Crusaders came in the first medieval ages.....
they were the main kingdoms then.Forestmen were with nobody and helped nobody... :twisted:,the forest bandits... And then,as the two kingdoms destroyed each other,the
new order of knights rised in their power-the BLACK KNIGHTS...and of course the new bandits arrived wolfpack...Dragon Masters were in the alliance with black knights(I think that 'cause of their some same shields and same helmets),and Majisto was with them,too...And so great force went to conquer
the lands and meet the Royal Knights in their kingdom....so it goes like this:

Black Falcons vs Crusaders vs Forestmen
Black Knights+dragon Masters vs Wolfpack vs Royal Knights

Fright Knights were for them selves and they cannot be fit in the story
(I don't hate them,but they were surely in the pact with their mystic-magic-budies Dragon Masters and wouldn't that be a really big army for one earth?)

KK are not bad,but KK2 are even not worth of mentioning....

sorry for my bad english... :D
greetings from serbia
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Classic Castle/Knights .... peaceful

Black Falcons -vs- Crusaders -vs- Forestmen

Black Knights/Monarchs -vs- Wolfpack -vs- Royal Knights -vs- Dragon Masters

Fright Knights -vs- Royal Knights -vs- Dark Forest

Emperor/Princess (red ninjas & green ninjas) & Shogunate (blue samurai & gray ninja) -vs- Ronin (robbers/bandits) & Red Warlord (red samurai & black ninja)

Knights Kingdom 1 -vs- Bulls

KK2:1-2 jellybeans -vs- Shadow Knights
KK2:3 jellybeans -vs- candy corn (Vladek & his 2 knights)
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

Well the official storyline is somewhat clear (although it was better when the minifigs didn't come with names and a complete CV) but I think that it's better to unite fractions who had the same crests and see them as a development of the previous one, e.g. the Royal Knights and KK1 King Leo are sequal to the Crusaders; the Dragon Masters to the Black Knights; Dark Forest to the Forestmen and so on. At least it worked until KK2 and their colourful world.
amadeus
Apprentice

Post by amadeus »

Wait, the Wolfpack according to the comics were just a bunch of hooligans. I always thought of them a thieves and highwaymen. I don't think that they can be classified as a faction or army, just because they were too small. In my opinion, they were just some rebels without a cause.

The only true rebels in Lego were the forestmen, because didn't they fight the Black Falcons, and eveyone else vigorously?

Oh, and JPinoy, by princess, didn't you mean Princess and here white ninjas? Because I remember a friend having theninja princess set and having some kind of white ninja guard i the set too.
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

amadeus wrote: Oh, and JPinoy, by princess, didn't you mean Princess and here white ninjas? Because I remember a friend having theninja princess set and having some kind of white ninja guard i the set too.
The white ninja WAS the Princess, which made her awesome.

Anyway, as a kid, I saw things as this:

Dragon Masters were the Black Knights' overlords.

Dark Forest, Forestmen, and Wolfpack were all allies.

Crusaders and Black Falcons were together.

Royal Knights and Fright Knights were at war.

A small group of Black Falcons defected to the Black Knights long ago.

Keep in mind that I wasn't going by any catalogues as a kid. All of this was a result of the 1990 idea book and the inserts that came with the sets. :P
Your ad here.
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

Zacku wrote: Crusaders and Black Falcons were together.

Keep in mind that I wasn't going by any catalogues as a kid. All of this was a result of the 1990 idea book and the inserts that came with the sets. :P
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I'm keeping that in my mind,and it's still bugs me.
How could Crusaders and Black Falcons ever be together? They were the first orders of knights that came...and they were in war,that's for sure...
In other way,those beutiful rams/siege machines doesn't make any sense :wink:
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

dJOLe_sk8 wrote:
Zacku wrote: Crusaders and Black Falcons were together.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I'm keeping that in my mind,and it's still bugs me.
How could Crusaders and Black Falcons ever be together? They were the first orders of knights that came...and they were in war,that's for sure...
In other way,those beutiful rams/siege machines doesn't make any sense :wink:
Like I said, this came from having only the 1990 idea book and post-1992 booklets to go by. The Idea Book features castles owned by the Black Falcons and Crusaders.
Your ad here.
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

Zacku wrote: Like I said, this came from having only the 1990 idea book and post-1992 booklets to go by. The Idea Book features castles owned by the Black Falcons and Crusaders.
Well I didn't know that... Can you link that?
As I know they've shoved like an opponents in every catalog since they've released...If there's any facts about LEGO,the fact is the one that Crusaders and Black Falcons are very opponents...
Of course it's all about imagination... You could say that Willa is the queen if you want,it's your gaming... :lol:
I'm just saying this'cause of purpose of this topic :wink:

Greetings from Serbia
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

dJOLe_sk8 wrote: Well I didn't know that... Can you link that?
http://www.peeron.com/scans/260-1/31 Here ya go.
Your ad here.