In Freedom's cause, story planning

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Yeah good idea. Brickshelf is nice and they will let you change your password. Heck, they even deleted my account because it wouldn't work. Could I have the new password. Working on library search for Henty, but nothin' comin' up. Reading pending.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I'm going to log in and create a new folder "InFreedomsCause". I will then download all the pics in the brickshelf folder to my CPU and re-upload them to the new folder, with their respective titles, descriptions and sub-folders. I will not delete the old folders until you all say it is OK. The reason I'm doing this is so that there can be more than one Henty story uploaded, and you will be able to go to each separate story from the main gallery. I'm also going to resize all the pics to 400x300 pixels or smaller, so that they can be posted in the story thread without being changed to links. If any of this doesn't make sense, feel free to ask me to explain it.

~smcginnis

P.S. I have never read anything by G.A. Henty, but I will try to find some of his books in the library.

Edit: Please no one log in at this time, until I edit this post again, or I will automatically be logged out.

Edit 2: Okay, I've resized the pics, and re-uploaded them into their new folders. People can log in now. Please put any new folders in the "InFreedomsCause" folder, and when you all agree, I will delete the old folders on the main page. Hothir, in the story thread, could you update the pics with their new forms? Thanks. And you're welcome :wink:.

Edit 3: Could someone scan a cover from the book and upload it to the new folder I made? I know Brickshelf lets you put non-LEGO images in the galleries sometimes if it is related to the MOCs there. Another idea would be to scan the cover, remove the art, and replace it with a LEGO version of the same thing.

P.P.S. This is getting to be a long post.

Edit 4: Here is a link to the gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Henty-story

Ok, I would like everyone reading this to regard all below this next line as a new post, because I don't want to double post.

All right. All additional illustrations of the book In Freedom's Cause will please be placed in a new sub-folder in this folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Henty ... edomsCause .

If you would like to do an illustration from a different book, with a different thread, please create a new folder in the main gallery, linked to in the "previous post", and put a sub-folder of the new illustrations in it. It would help organiztion, however, if we only did one book at a time, so unless you have a great idea for a scene, please refrain from doing it until In Freedom's Cause is finished. At any rate, even if you do upload new pics, don't start the next story thread until the first is completed. If anyone is confused by this, please post your questions here, or PM me. Thanks,

~smcginnis
Last edited by smcginnis on Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

Post by Hothir Ethelnor »

Another instruction! if you upload pictures to the brickshelf account don't make them any larger than 400 by 300 pixels, so that we can put them in the forum and others are allowed to post in the actual story topic just as long as you are posting a part of the story. and all of you that have questions or would like to comment on the story do so in this topic here. Thanks. Hothir
"The lad parried it, and leaping back, struck at the horse's leg. The animal fell instantly, and as he did so Archie struck full on the helm of Sir John Kerr" Excerpt from, In Freedoms Cause by G.A Henty
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

I have now changed the title of this post to In Freedom's cause, story planning. :D
"The lad parried it, and leaping back, struck at the horse's leg. The animal fell instantly, and as he did so Archie struck full on the helm of Sir John Kerr" Excerpt from, In Freedoms Cause by G.A Henty
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Hothir Ethelnor wrote:Another instruction! if you upload pictures to the brickshelf account don't make them any larger than 400 by 300 pixels, so that we can put them in the forum and others are allowed to post in the actual story topic just as long as you are posting a part of the story. and all of you that have questions or would like to comment on the story do so in this topic here. Thanks. Hothir
Just to add on to this, anyone who is familiar with the Classic-Castle Roleplay (see the Gaming forum), this is basically the same system. One thread for the actual story, one thread for discussing/planning it.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

he he he. If only the English officer knew what would cme to Lanark a few years later. This regarding the story.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

By the way who put up the front piece photo's on brickshelf? please pm me within two days or I will post pictures of my own and continue with the story and delete your pictures. I'm not sure but I think it was HenrytheV. :?
Anyhow we have gotten to that part of the story now and I am almost ready to do it, after you pm me I will pm you back to tell you what part of the book to quote or if you don't feel like doing it just let me know and I will continue on. Thanks! :D
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I've noticed that no one is posting any story in the story thread except Hothir. While he is the only one who has posted there yet, that does not mean that only he is allowed to post there. If you want to illustrate and/or post a section of the story, just ask here or PM him.

~smcginnis

P.S.[Happy Rant] I like being a sort of admin to this project, and while I still haven't read the book (I really need to get to the library), I think I did help with the brickshelf gallery. I hope to be able to contribute to the story soon.[/Happy Rant]
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

Since no one has contacted me I will go ahead and write the next section of the story using my own pictures. And next week I will be gone at a conference so the story will go no further unless someone else is able to do a part of it. :(
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Hothir Ethelnor wrote:Since no one has contacted me I will go ahead and write the next section of the story using my own pictures. And next week I will be gone at a conference so the story will go no further unless someone else is able to do a part of it. :(
I'm sorry. I went to the library today and searched for the book (in person and in the online catalog), but I couldn't find it anywhere (or anything else by him). I will try to find it somewhere.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

smcginnis wrote:
Hothir Ethelnor wrote:Since no one has contacted me I will go ahead and write the next section of the story using my own pictures. And next week I will be gone at a conference so the story will go no further unless someone else is able to do a part of it. :(
I'm sorry. I went to the library today and searched for the book (in person and in the online catalog), but I couldn't find it anywhere (or anything else by him). I will try to find it somewhere.

~smcginnis
Never fear, I have a cure! The whole book is online here, for your reading pleasure.

As for the actual story, I'd be interested in joining in at some point, when I get some more Royal Knights, to build up my English army. :twisted:

Just as long as we don't end up illustrating Braveheart, I think this is a great idea. :wink:

- Matt
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

Wow I never knew they had a place you could read the whole story online. I wonder if they have any other Henty books. Anyhow I am back so the story will start up again, and I have not seen Braveheart so no fear of me copying it. :D

Also I do NOT have a very large Lego collection so I will need other people to do the parts that need large amounts of troops. :D
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

There hasn't seemed to be any interest lately in the story :( and I have some more bad news I will be away from my Lego collection all summer :( :cry: But before I leave I will try to get two more segments of the story online :D