Ikros: Chaos Skies Chapter 6

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Ikros: Chaos Skies Chapter 6

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Yup, that's right. I'm pleased to announce that it's finally finished.

Ikros: Chaos Skies

Chapter 6: Betrayal

Just like Chapter 3, this chapter does not follow our hero, Garadaine, so be forewarned.

PLMKWYT!

Ikros:Chaos Skies website

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

WOW.....that was rather interesting... :D
I must say, that was the best chapter I've had the pleasure to read in chaos skies...
I think I'll wait on pointing out my favorite parts in that chapter.....
wouldn't want to ruin it for those who have yet to read it :wink:
Anyways keep up the good work. 8)

--Joey
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Oh, it's great! I must say, I hope you won't be as long producing the next chapter as you did this one.

Mr. D
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

W0W!
i have just finished reading it and its great!
i cant wait until the next instalment!

Nikos
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Another great installment as usual Anthony.

Your ability to create scenes within your MOCs is excellent. I have played around a bit with taking pictures inside my castles at minifig level, but the flash tends to overpower the image.

Even with the time between chapters, my enthusiasm for this story has not waned. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

wlister wrote:Another great installment as usual Anthony.

Your ability to create scenes within your MOCs is excellent. I have played around a bit with taking pictures inside my castles at minifig level, but the flash tends to overpower the image.

Even with the time between chapters, my enthusiasm for this story has not waned. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Will
I don't ever use a flash when taking pictures. I use other sources of lighting so I can control where the light is coming from and how much of it there is. The best sorts of lights to use, in my opinion are:

Indirect sunlight - such as in a room with a large window. Typically you don't want your MOCs actually *IN* the sunbeam, but that also works. The abient lighting from the reflected sunlight should be enough to take very good pictures of your MOCs, while retaining good color ratios.

Combination lighting - such as an artists lamp. This uses a combination of flourescent lighting and a normal light bulb. Normal light bulbs give off a yellow hue, while flourescent lighting gives off a more blue tint. The combination of the two will create almost perfect fake sunlight. If you don't have an artists lamp, taking a picture in a room with both a flourescent light and a light bulb illuminating your subject will work, as long as the light sources are from similar directions.

'True Light' bulbs - these are the new fangled light bulbs that don't have the yellow hue that normal light bulbs have. These work almost as well as combination lighting, but work best, IMO, when used together with combination lighting (yes, three light sources).

Oh, and thanks much, I'm glad you liked my story! :) Hopefully the next chapter will come soon. That way I can begin construction on the long awaited (by me) Castle Halcyon.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

Anthony - I enjoyed chapter 6 as usual. Great stuff.

I see freebies coming your way...

Let me know if you want anything specific.
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

Very nice!

I am not sure why I like this so much, but I think it is the best in a while. Perhaps it's because it focuses on a small amount of characters, instead of big traveling parties.

But most of all, great product placement! (and ever-so-subtle naming)
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
Lionheart
Serf

Post by Lionheart »

Hello! im new here!

Nice work

The storys that you manage to write are awe inspiring, this is no exeption! i like the new Stonebarrow Keep!
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

THis is amazing work! And now Garadaine has gone and joined the evil people. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.
'I no longer have a son'
Man thats cold *Slaps Garalt* Bad king!
Keep it up Anthony! Two thumbs way up!
Dusty
Apprentice

Post by Dusty »

Loved the chapter as usaual. I love the detail in the pictures that you add to your MOCs. It gives me ideas that hopefully some day I will put into brick.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

punx842003 wrote:WOW.....that was rather interesting... :D
I must say, that was the best chapter I've had the pleasure to read in chaos skies...
I think I'll wait on pointing out my favorite parts in that chapter.....
wouldn't want to ruin it for those who have yet to read it :wink:
Anyways keep up the good work. 8)

--Joey
Thanks much! I think it's ok now if you feel like sharing your favorites. Glad you enjoyed it!
Mr. D wrote:Oh, it's great! I must say, I hope you won't be as long producing the next chapter as you did this one.

Mr. D
Thanks! I now have a good reason to get at least part of chapter 7 taken care of, so maybe someday soon I'll be able to get that out (I promise not to let it be as long as the last time).
the_great_one wrote:W0W!
i have just finished reading it and its great!
i cant wait until the next instalment!

Nikos
Thanks much! The sooner I get Chapter 7 worked on, the sooner I can get to work on Castle Halcyon, so here's hoping...
Blasterman wrote:Anthony - I enjoyed chapter 6 as usual. Great stuff.

I see freebies coming your way...

Let me know if you want anything specific.
Thanks Jeff! Sending me freebies isn't necessary, but see my PM to you.
Bricksidge wrote:Very nice!

I am not sure why I like this so much, but I think it is the best in a while. Perhaps it's because it focuses on a small amount of characters, instead of big traveling parties.

But most of all, great product placement! (and ever-so-subtle naming)
I couldn't have asked for a better product producer! I mean, is that fate or what? Jeff Byrd producing the armor for the Lord of Stonebarrow, home to my version of the Black Falcons. Heck, Jeff's helm is a bit pointy and beak-like anyway! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it Kevin! I aim to please. I agree with the big parties bit. Sometimes keeping track of who's saying what gets a bit tedious.
Lionheart wrote:Hello! im new here!

Nice work

The storys that you manage to write are awe inspiring, this is no exeption! i like the new Stonebarrow Keep!
Thanks much! I'm glad you enjoyed it, though I don't know if I'd go so far as to say they're awe inspiring :)
Barbapple wrote:THis is amazing work! And now Garadaine has gone and joined the evil people. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.
'I no longer have a son'
Man thats cold *Slaps Garalt* Bad king!
Keep it up Anthony! Two thumbs way up!
Hehe... well, Garadaine doesn't KNOW he's been playing around with a bad person yet :) He's the hero, he can't turn bad! ...or CAN he? ;) Let that one roast your noodle for a while. Glad you enjoyed it!
Dusty wrote:Loved the chapter as usaual. I love the detail in the pictures that you add to your MOCs. It gives me ideas that hopefully some day I will put into brick.
Thanks much! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. If I only inspire people to build with LEGO, I've done what I set out to do.

--Anthony

kaloo
Laborer

Post by kaloo »

I know you've inspired me a few times, more than just with me heavily downloading and printing you torso stickers, I must have 60 of them by now. (about forty are peasants)
Anyway, now that I can post here 1 It (ch 6) was great. 2 all of Chaos Skies so far is great, and three, everything on your website is great!!!!
Also Nice use of Jeff's pieces. And I'd love to see that red and white Templar of Ikros appear somewhere. Other than my own sigfig, It's my fav custom fig!!!!!!! I have my own version of him on my desk to distract me from homework.

And I wonder how Formeathon will return...
Lollius has been placed by the side of the road so that all who pass may say 'hello Lollius' - Inscription on roman tomb