Announcing the Classic-Castle Story Telling Contest

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
R_The_Falcon
Freeman

Post by R_The_Falcon »

Athos wrote:Do you think we could get all the entries grouped in a central location? I'd like to check out the competition...

Steve
I agree. I think the ending of the Classic-Castle Story Contest should be on the main page as well as a link to the entries.
Shurtugal
Bailiff
Location: On the Albertan Prairies, listening to some slow country music

Post by Shurtugal »

Do you think we could get all the entries grouped in a central location? I'd like to check out the competition...
Yeah, I second that.
~Andrew C.

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]MOCpages![/url]

Eka ai fricai un Shur'tugal! I am a Rider and a friend!
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Shurtugal wrote:
Do you think we could get all the entries grouped in a central location? I'd like to check out the competition...
Yeah, I second that.
I'm definately going to do this. Probably this weekend when I get some time. Some of the stories were emailed to me as attachments, so I am going to arrange to have them uploaded somewhere so that others can download them.

But yes, there are 12 or so entries, evenly distributed between story and comic. I am looking forward to reading these and giving away some prizes!

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Shurtugal
Bailiff

Post by Shurtugal »

there are 12 or so entries
Only 12?

My family was wondering how many entries there would be, I guessed 15 or 20, and they thought it would be way more than that...
~Andrew C.

R_The_Falcon
Freeman

Post by R_The_Falcon »

I know you judges are very busy, but could you give us new deadline, or at least an approximation of when the judging will end and the winners announced? (The old deadline said it would end during the first half of october.) I'm sure all the contestants would. Thanks in advance!
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

R_The_Falcon wrote:I know you judges are very busy, but could you give us new deadline, or at least an approximation of when the judging will end and the winners announced? (The old deadline said it would end during the first half of october.) I'm sure all the contestants would. Thanks in advance!
Yeah, yeah - I suck. I keep telling myself that this contest won't be like the others. Anyways, I've been busy grading papers for my class and haven't looked forward to yet more grading. This next week, we're going to buckle down and get this graded and completed.

Falcon, you did the right thing by private messaging me - I haven't had time to read the forums much and thats the best way to get my attention.

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Uhm.. not to be whiny or anything, but how´s the judging going? Been more than a month since I last heard anything now..

I know that you have lives besides LEGO and I respect that, but so do the contestants (including myself) and we (or I at least, can only speak for myself) spent one **** of a lot of time and effort on this... Seeing this fade out into nothingness wasn´t exactly what I hoped for when I sacrificed weeks of homework...

That said; good luck with the judging, I do hope reading the entries turns out to be more of a pleasure than a pain ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Maedhros wrote:Uhm.. not to be whiny or anything, but how´s the judging going? Been more than a month since I last heard anything now..

I know that you have lives besides LEGO and I respect that, but so do the contestants (including myself) and we (or I at least, can only speak for myself) spent one **** of a lot of time and effort on this... Seeing this fade out into nothingness wasn´t exactly what I hoped for when I sacrificed weeks of homework...

That said; good luck with the judging, I do hope reading the entries turns out to be more of a pleasure than a pain ;)
I hear your criticism and accept it. I sincerely apologize.

My wife and I recently had a baby, and she's had some problem with infection that required a few nights in the hospital (she's better now). Plus its the end of the semester, and I'm writing papers and grading papers, and since that's my job, it has to take priority. Now all of that is hardly an excuse, because the contest was over a few months ago. I'm a lazy bum, and again, I'm sorry.

These will be evaluated and a winner chosen as soon as possible. Realistically, that is looking like being finished by January. I'm sorry for the delays, once again, I suck. I honestly didn't realize how much work teaching for the first time + having a baby would be. My fault and no one else's.

I swear the prizes are real and they will be distributed!

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Sounds like how I felt when I was writing my story :lol:

Congratulations on the baby and hope your wife is doing better.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

No, you don´t suck.. and now I´m content after hearing the reason at least. It was the silence that bugged me...

Congratulations on the baby and hope everything turns out well for you and your wife.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Shurtugal
Bailiff

Post by Shurtugal »

Glencaer wrote:I'm a lazy bum,
Well, aren't we all :wink:

And really, you don't suck, man! Sounds like life is pretty awesome for you right now! Congrats on the baby, a healthy wife, and hey, you have a job, which is better than I can say :wink:
~Andrew C.

Lonan
Foot Soldier

Post by Lonan »

Glencaer wrote: I honestly didn't realize how much work teaching for the first time + having a baby would be.
It sounds like you've got a full plate. Having a puppy and going to school is enough work to drive you crazy, I can't imagine trying teach and go to school and have a baby. Don't worry about it.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=koolhand77]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/msm1977/]The Graven Hawk[/url] a short story
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Not to nag or anything, but is there any word on result?

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Wow, I actually didn't think it had been this long. But I was a bit shocked when I read the date of the first post- Thu Jun 29, 2006

I wouldn't like to nag you about the results either, but it would be nice to see them.

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

OK... I know nagging doesn´t help but.....

...it´s been more than seven months now...
- Augustinus Hipponensis