Classic Castle RP: Game Topic!

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Classic Castle RP: Game Topic!

Post by Lord Tyler II »

It has begun! Begin posting your character posts now! Post characters in the Entry Thread. You may talk out of character in the Disscusion Topic.

Play Well!
Last edited by Lord Tyler II on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doodstormer
Bailiff

Post by doodstormer »

Arthas led his men out of the Black Falcon territory and into Crusader's lands. Jeer was getting restless, so Arthas let him fly around for a bit while he figured his plan of action. he only had 25 men, not enough to do anything substantial to his motives, besides some small raids or ambushes. He heard som rustling in the bushes, then ducked just to avoid a Crusader arrow. Jeer swooped down and shredded the man's face, while Arthas roused his men. four swordsmen leapt out in his way, and he heard the familiar galloping of a horseman. drawing his sword, he swiped away a swordsman's sword and thrust it into his ace, then swung around to block another sword. one of his soldiers fired an arrow into the knight's leg, dismounting him. The axe of a Night Falcon cleaved another swordsman's skull, and Arthas dispatched the last one. He then made way to the wounded knight. "Who would you be? And why must you bother me with your petty attempt at an ambush?"
(If anyone wants to take the knight, I'll spare him.)
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

The Black Ranger sat right on the border of the Forestmen, the Black Falcons, and the Black Monarchs. He sat for awhile eating some bread from his sack, and heard a slight rustling form his right.
"What do you want?" he asked causually as three forestmen stepped out.
"Oh, it's you! How are ya taday?" One of them asked, the Black Ranger was a friend to 'hiding' people.
"Very good. Do you know of any war?"
"No... Goo'day!" with that the Forestmen left the Black Ranger. "Hmmm..." he thought "there must be someaction around here." he than stood and headed south, towards his 'friends' the Black Falcons, they did not mind him, so long as he did not cause any trouble of any sort. "I'll get a boat and go see the Crown Kingdom, maybe even cause some trouble while I'm at it..."
FullNelson
Apprentice
Location: My head is floating in a far off land alone. My body is unfortunately stuck on Earth.

Post by FullNelson »

J-9

The Ranger sat waiting in the dark bushes of the Giblon Forest (No names of forests on map so I am making some up it is where my guy starts in the Goblins/trolls territory). He took a glance up at a tree and saw 3 of his rangers waiting in a tree bows ready. All around him cleaverly hidden where 50 or so rangers. Out of the darkness of the forest there came a steady beating sound then slowly it got louder and louder. In the distance small torches could be seen approuching. Soon they came into veiw and and a small army of goblins could be seen. From the looks of it there where 75 goblins and 5 trolls. They kept marching untill they where right in front of Strider then suddenly his rangers let loose. 30 rangers firing three arrows each let loose. The goblins and trolls were ripped apart without even knowing what was happening and without Striders swordmen coming out. All in a days work The Ranger thought. No one escaped. Right.

Hiding in a small bush knife in hand was a small creature with burning red eyes. So he had been ambushed, but now his king would know what had happened, and soon this forest will be free and the Crown Kingdom will be ours thought the creature......

J-9
Last edited by FullNelson on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<iframe></iframe>
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

The Black Ranger had spent most of his day heading south, he had been given a horse (well, he leaves horses with farm owers and then uses them as he heads certain wasy, and he pays good) and made it past Falconia, the capatiol and was only a few hours away from the nearest port town: Port-Falcon. While he rode he saw a comapny of Black Falcon Knights heding towards him. "This should be good" he thought as they closed in.
"Gooday.." The Ranger said.
"You are under arrest as a spy for the Black monarchs!" The lead knight said. The Black Ramger just stared with his stony expression.
"Ha! Like you'll catch me" The Black Ranger's expression was stll as it was but suddenly he broke into a full gallop, the Knights, caught off quard rode after him, but the Black Ranger had to much of a head start, and they were approching a farm. The Black ranger stopped in front and knocked, a peasent answered.
"Whut do ya wunt?" he growled, but then, upon reconizing the hooded figure showed him to the farm and gave him another horse. Black as usually.
"Thank you." The Black Ranger said, handing some gold coins over and then rode off again. Moments later the Knights arrived, and questioned the peasent, who pointed them towards Falconia, North-ward. They rode off, giving the Black Ranger he time he needed.

He reached Port-Falcon and gave his horse to another peasent, and some gold. He then turned to the task at hand: a boat and journey. A man walked by and the black ranger stopped him.
"Is your ship headed for the Crwon Kingdom?"
"Why yis, mi-sire. Yis it 'tis. Are ya wuntin' a ride?"
"Yes..." and the Black Ranger paid him and boarded the vessel named the The Wee-Salior He took his cabin and laid down, though keeping a knife in each hand and both eyes open.

(I'm only posting a lot 'cuase I realized i spawned elsewhere than I wanted)
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

O-8

Reeve fought for his life. He had been ambushed, and most of his men were dead or wounded. There would be explaining to do to Vladmir, his current employer; he didn't usually lose so many soldiers. Then again, Jayko's Knights were not known for the cranial capacity necessary to formulate and carry out a successfull ambush. However, there were more pressing matters on his mind at the moment.

Such as which Knight to kill first.

The two Knights he faced were by no means experts. Doubtless they had been chosen for their strength at wielding the curious clumsy two-handed swords that Jayko used to arm his men. Still, Reeve's katana simply did not have the strength to block a full blow from a zword, and their armor, though weak, was unlikely to be penetrated by his katana. Instead, he was ducking, dodging, and weaving, allowing the two Knights to trip and stumble from the weight of their heavy blows. Every now and then, he would slam his buckler into their helmets, but evidently they were gifted with extroardinarily thick skulls.

An exceptionally heavy blow from the Knight on his left caused the other to clumsily dodge, and there Reeve took his opportunity. He crouched and swiveled, his outstretched leg catching the Knight on his right , who thudded to the ground. The other knight, still reeling from his wild swing, exposed his underbelly to Reeve, who quickly impaled him. He twisted out his blade, then threw his buckler like a discus at the surviving Knight. The unfortunate soldier was thrown to the ground yet again, and his zword went flying. Reeve kicked the hilt and caught the reversed blade, stabbing the downed Knight through his visor. He heard the clumsy attempts of the final surviving Knight trying to sneak up on his ungaurded back, and swiftly turned, hurling the blade at the offending Knight. The man was impaled to a wall, the soft metal of the zword softly thrumming from the impact.

Reeve exited the small keep. The wooden walls of the outlying fortress were silent, having been emptied of its garrison by lack of food in the outlying areas. At least, it had seemed deserted by his men when they selected it to bed for the night on their way home from a raid. Somehow, the Knights had known they were coming, and ambushed them as they explored the fort. Most of the plunder from the raid was destroyed, and he had no hope of carrying the rest with his small band, so he felt no qualms about torching the entirely wooden fort after the corpses of his men had been dragged out. Once they were buried under a thin layer of shale and dirt, he set off throught he mountians, steeling himself for the reaction to his monstrous error.

O-8
Last edited by HeartOfDarkness on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

"Who would you be? And why must you bother me with your petty attempt at an ambush?"
Gerodal just sat on the ground, tending to his injured leg, studying the man standing in front of him. "I wasn't ambushin' ya', ya stupid clod. I was tryin' to get these idiots to listen to me and not attack ya'. Look how much help that did," Gerodal pointed at the bodies of the men that had attacked the group of Black Falcons.

"As to who I am," Gerodal snapped the arrow stuck in his leg and pulled it all the way through, "urgh, I'm a mercenary for hire. I've been workin on findin' some old friends of mine. These idiots," once again, he motioned towards the dead Crusaders, "said they knew where some of the lads were."

Gerodal stood to pull the pack off his horse, keeping his weight off his injured left leg. Gerodal searched through his pack until he found the old shirt and medicine bag he had been looking for. The old man ripped a strip of cloth from the shirt. Gerodal then pulled the stopper from a bottle and soaked the cloth with the contents. He then wrapped the makeshift bandage around his injured limb and gingerly lowered it to the ground.

"So, I'll just be on my way then. I can see that you don't need or want help from an old fogey like me." With that, Gerodal remounted on his steed and rode north, towards the Black Falcons capitol city.

Turning back, Gerodal saw the men with bows setting shafts to their bows and drawing back to fire. "Think they can hit us, huh? Well, lets show them what we do best." Reaching into a hidden pouch in his sleeve, Gerodal pulled out a smoke bomb that he saved for just these kinds if situations. Throwing the bomb to the ground behind him, Gerodal urged his horse into a full gallop. Arrows whizzed through the smoke behind him, hitting the ground a few feet behind him.
Dwarves shall conquer all!!!
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
doodstormer
Bailiff

Post by doodstormer »

Arthas was taken aback that one knight had managed to escape him. "Should we pursue?" asked one man. "No, no. just let him go. Soon the world over will know and fear me, why bother with one man?" The soldier just shrugged and went back into formation. They proceeded down the road, opposite the knight's direction, and saw a farmer's house along the road. "Hmm... come to think of it, we seem to be a little slim on supplies..." said Arthas, grinning wickedly. The men took the hint and went to the door. An old pair of eyes peeped out. "Who is it?" a weary vice said.
"It is Lord Arthas, of the Night Falcons. We demand that you surrender this house and all-" Arthas was cut off as the voice said "Night Falcons? I've never heard o' them..."
"You soon will, old man."
The door disintegrated as three men pounded the door away, and the old farmer was flung back. Arthas gazed around to see a little girl and an old woman. The soldiers cast them out into a ditch, and stole everything they could lay hands upon. Arthas ignited his sword, and set the house and the farmer's field on fire. The three peasants were cowering in the ditch, weeping, as Arthas and his men marched off. Arthas fed an apple to Jeer, and told his men to shelter in the woods for the night, to ambush any unfortunate traveller.
FullNelson
Apprentice
Location: My head is floating in a far off land alone. My body is unfortunately stuck on Earth.

Post by FullNelson »

J-9

The Ranger was walking back to his camp on the edge of the woods, soon they would be leaving soon to another island in his boats. Suddenly an eagle came soaring through the sky above. The Ranger regonized it at once. It drooped a small note into his hand with the kings seal on it. No what does my brother want he thought probabley another favor. He opened it up and to his surprise he had been invited to the kings castle. He had been before but had never been invited. Twice he had almost been arested for seeing his own brother armed. He raced back to camp and mounted his horse then told his two commanders to follow him and put the squad leaders in charge. Then he told his men to stay low and hide in this area. Then he was of racing across the country to the Capital of Crown Kingdom

H-9
Last edited by FullNelson on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<iframe></iframe>
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

The boat finally reached the coast and the Black ranger got off. "Good to see land again..." he thought and headed for the nearest peasent.
"You..." he said flatly.
"Yes?" was the reply.
"I'm looking for a black horse, or any kind. Do you have one?"
"No sir, I don't..." the paesent fidgeted a little "You're new to these parts, sir?"
"Yes," the Black Ranger replied and handed the paesent two gold coins. "Five more for a horse."
"This way, good sir." the paesent led him to a small stable where a black horse was kept, the Black Ranger mounted and rode off towards the capital of the Crown Kingdom, intent on being hired by the king or running into the mysterious rangers that roamed these lands.

It was not long before he reached a forest. His skilled eyes looked around and noticed several men hiding in the trees and bushes. He smiled.
"Hail! I am the Black Ranger from the north! Show yourselves, you think you're invisible, but not to a fellwo ranger!"
"What do ya want?" a ranger stepped out, his hand on his sword.
The Black Ranger just looked at him for awhile. "Where is you're chief?" he said at last.
"That's none of your business." The ranger said.
"I need to speak with the king, which way to the castle?" the Black Ranger asked.
The other ranger pointed southeast. The Black Ranger galloped off with a gesture of valediction to the hidden Rangers. He then looked ahead and rode as fast as he could; speed was his motto after all. He stopped suddenly and dismounted to observe the ground. More hoof tracks, heading towards the castle as well. "Must be the leader" he thought and saw there were three horses ahead by at least five hours.
"We must hurry if we are to catch up!" he said quickly mounting and galloping off.
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Tyler II »

Deep in the Mountain on the Southern Shore there stood an ancient tower... Beneath the tower ran a network of tunnels that spread throughout the entire mountain, now haunted by nameless things. But atop this tower, in the mountain fog, stood a figure. A rusted winged helm atop his head and a long red cape across his back. The Bat Lord!
He recalled now, the days of the Villains Court, and his eventually banishment as a "Second-rate Villain." He'd show them. They'd pay! They'd all pay!!!
"Harold!" he shouted.
A hatch in the tower floor opened and a stout man wearing a similar helm hopped out.
"Aye, M'lord?"
"I've finally got a plan to take over this miserable island!"
"You've finally decided to get some help, sir?"
"Don't be a fool! I've actually decided to... um, yes quite right..."
"Good idea sir!"
"Of coarse it is! Now, call me the Ghost."
"Aye, sir!"
At the word the herald withdrew from his pocket an ancient horn. Ghostly faces and skeletons were carved into its surface. And as he blew the sound of a haunting voice (not a horn) echoed through the mountains. As he blew a shape could be seen in the fog. Floating at the height of the tower! As it came closer it could be seen as a loose shape, but human in proportion.
“Hello, Ghost.” Said the Bat Lord.
“Yaaaaawwwwwnnnn… Did ya ‘ave to wake me at this hour?” said the ghost.
“Yes, you’ve got some work to do.”
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

O-8 (mostly)

Vladek sighed. Life in the enchanted blue sphere, or '!@#% bubble', as Vladek knew it, was quite boring, to say the least. His loyal soldiers had attempted to hire a mage who could free him, but with their source of income encased in magic atop a rickety tower in the middle of Morcia, all the skilled mages were out of their price range. Without anything else to do, his men had signed themselves into a year of indentured servitude to one of his cousins, with the assurance that the finest mage possible would be hired for them at the end. Unfortunately, Vladek knew none of this, and spent his days dreaming of the finer points of ripping anyone who so much as mentioned the words 'baby blue' in his presence limb from limb. Still, even the best pastimes got old after eight months , and Vladek was tired of it all. His only hope, though he knew it not, was the loyalty of his men.

Most of whom were now lying dead in an obscure mountian pass on the border of Orkosan.

Miles away, Reeve struggled through the footlands of those same moutnians. The thin desert soil held only scraggly cactus, and the wounded, though endowed with their fill of salvaged rations, moaned in tortured agony as they quickly dehydrated. Vladmir's domain was mostly desert, where he made his living by collecting the strange, dark liquid that oozed from the sand and was in high demand as fuel. Reeve now led his men towards one of the refining stations set up near the collection points, where sweaty workers dragged enormous sieves through masses of oil to seperate the thickest sludge from the lighter material, both of which could be sold seperately at greater profit. More to the point, the station was sure to hold food and water, and perhaps even trained dromedaries to hasten their journey to the grasslands in the east. Vladmir's main fortress was located there, as was Vladmir, who would need an explanation as to why Reeve was returning with less than a third of the men he set out leading.

At the moment, Reeve was wracking his brain for an explanation of exactly that. Why had he been so surprised at the sudden cunning shown by the Knights? The ones he had fought were by no means especially knowledgeable warriors. He had lost his men solely because of the sheer numbers that had surprised them. He had plundered and destroyed all the farms in the outlying regions, which was why he had considered it abandoned in the first place, so such a large band of men couldn't have been there for long. They were evidently waiting just for them, in precisely the right place, at exactly the right time. How? The only option he could think of was that a traitor had infiltrated Vladmir's circle of lieutenants, and was somehow communicating with Morcia. The Knights he had fought wore the gold livery of the King, not provincial red, meaning that this was a scheme not limited to Orkosan. Why would the King be interested specifically in Vladmir? There were plenty of other raiding parties that would be easier to ambush, yet it was usually rare for any raider to be killed by the Knights.

Reeve's thoughts were interrupted by a loud, nasal howl. It seemed one of the dromedarian beasts had escaped from its pen at the refinery, and was trotting in their direction, persued by frantic handlers. Reeve rolled his eyes and sprinted to head off the beast, his thoughts of threachery left forgotten in the gently swirling sand.

Vladek gazed forlornly out of the enchanted sphere. If he ever escaped, there would be Megablocks to pay in Morcia many times over. With that contented thought, he curled into a ball, closed his eyes, and slept.

Still O-8
Last edited by HeartOfDarkness on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FullNelson
Apprentice

Post by FullNelson »

I-9

Strider had been riding for many days now with his group. Once or twice on the journey he had felt like he was being followed and watched but he had brushed the feeling off. Now as he approached the castle his two ranger friends turned of course to find a hiding spot and follow strider. Then he continued on to the castle.

The King had been waiting finally The Ranger arrived. "How was your ride brother?”
"It was good but let’s get to the point why did you summon me"
"You always did rush to the point. Anyways as you now the war with the Sorcerer has been going good."
"Shouldn’t it be over you won the joust?"
"Yes well I was getting to that you see the Sorcerer has betrayed the ancient laws of the joust and now has been thrown out of all trade deals, but he has resummoned his army only now it is stronger. If you kill one skeleton it just comes back in exactly 24 hours. The only way to defeat him is to kill his army in one day. That’s why I need you. My men are planning an attack but they can not do it alone. All I need you do is guard my army from being flanked. Don’t worry I will send some of my men to help you to."
"Really some of your men eh."
Yes 100 of my finest men."
"Really can they all run 100 miles in a day with equipment?"
"Brother that is impossible no one can."
Really explain the 50 men hiding in your forests now and what about the 31 women and 16 children to. Sure they are a bit slower but they can still do it in a day."
"What do you mean by Woman and Children?"
"What do I mean, I mean my soldiers wife and children."
"They woman and Children can’t really be able to keep up with the men can they?"
"Of coarse they can in fact my wife and son are faster then some."
"Wait wife and son!!"
"Yes you didn’t think I was gona let the line of kings die so easily do you. Speaking of which do you have a wife or any kids yet."
"You now perfectly well what happened."
"O ya that was one lucky archer he almost destroyed hundreds of years of family honor with one arrow that didn’t even kill anyone. Save for the fact that your little brother is still "intact" haha....
"Ya very funny anyways what do you say will you help me."
"That question is not up to me."
"Why not."
"Every big decision is voted on between me and my two commanders isn’t that right."
Suddenly the two rangers that had followed him hear sprung out of nowhere. The king and his guards seemed very surprised that they got in here then after they realized what had happened they got over it.
"Well what do you say guys." said the Ranger
The commanders who had been listening for a long time and where still half laughing where both ready to fight for the Crown Knights. So it was decided thought Strider. I will save Crown Kingdom or die trying side by side with my brother.
"So then with your 50 men and my 100 reinforcement we have 150 soldiers."
"Wrong you forgot about the women me and my commanders we have 184 soldiers."
"WHAT your women are brave enough to fight."
"Yes infact some of them are the best archers I have seen."
"Well then we have more soldiers then I thought then it is decided. We will march upon the sorcerer."

F-9

(Sorry about the long post)
<iframe></iframe>
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

F-9 (last two posts have moved from E-7 to E-8 to F-9)

The Black Ranger finally rode into the city gates, where two guards halted him.
"On what business are ya 'ere?"
"I must see the king."
"No one enters."
"Really?" The Black Ranger leapt off his horse and landed past the guards, who were in totalt shock of what just happened. The Black Ranger took advantage of their shock, whistled for the horse and jumped back on and galloped twoards the main palace. With guards shouting and running after him. He smiled and watched as more guards joined in the chase and peasents watched in total amazement. Finally he reached the main palace and found fourteen guards ready and the other twenty behind him.
"Git off, da 'orse." one growled.
"Fine." The Black Ranger said and dismounted. The guards took him into the palace and to the King's room, they knocked.
"Come in." said the King, and the Blcak Ranger saw two Rangers and a third by the king, and plenty of guards.
"What is this?" the King asked.
"'e didn't stop wen told, m'-lord."
"I see, what is your name?"
"I am called the Black Ranger, I come from the north seeking war and honor, I'm a semi-mercenary. I was searching for your" he gestured to the Ranger, "Men and found them and followed you here. I wish to join you and fight."
The Ranger obseverd the newcomer, he was like other Rangers except he wore all black.
"Hmm...." he mutterd and then turned to his brother. "185 now."
"I agree." the king said. They then dimissed the guards (only the ones who had chased the Black Ranger) and told them their plans. The Black Ranger agreed to go under the Ranger's command.
"This should be fun.." he said.

(Long posts are fine, they had more story)
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Tyler II »

O-8

The Ghost knew exactly who to find for the Bat Lord's purpose. He had seen much in his wandrings over the world.
Now he flew across the mountains to the ancient tower where the one was held. Atop the tower was the Sphere, but the one inside was sleeping...
"The Bat c'n do it ta' me so why not? Oy! Vladek! Wake up!"

(I know he doesn't have a character yet, sorry! He's a ghost and a spy for the Bat Lord, but he can't feel anything. He can only talk to and hear people. And be seen.)