CCRP Discussion Thread!

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

"We decided to scrap the old RPG since it was drifting to far from what makes it unique, Lego!"

Ah, I see now.
I think getting rid of the old roleplay is a good plan, last I looked in there things were getting really crazy.

"..we started up a new RPG using a map made by Formendacil. The new RPG uses official Lego castle factions, from the Classic Castle factions, all the way up to the new Castle 07 factions."

Sounds excellent, I signed myself up a character earlier, and should be contributing soon!

I love the idea of there being a map to begin with (I also just love the map in general-very nice!), the last two roleplays lacked a good base like that, and got pretty confusing.
Had nothing to do today, so I decided to play around with Paint.Net. Not sure if this would be useful 'round here or not, but I had fun with it: 'Link'
Credit goes to Formendacil of course, for creating this brilliant map. 8)

I like the idea of putting a picture in the RP, though I do think it should be something that is done sparingly, we wouldn't want a bunch of pictures in one post, and should have to keep them at a fairly small size.

I'm sure we would some some beautiful MOCs turn out this way, and it may even bring more people into the gaming forum to either read, or participate in the Roleplay.

~Amanda
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

FishRfine wrote:unbreakable armor
FishRfine: No body has that kind of armor. That's like saying: I totally pwn!@$&%! I pwned 40000 guys! So please tone it down. Unbreakable stuff is unfair and we want this RPG to last long and be fun. So please: get some normal armor. No offense meant...

EDIT: FishRfine: saying that a month has past is too much we all move at the same speed. This is one continent (technically saying) so day-night pass in both places atthe same pace. Also KK2 is on the other island! If you want to say they're attacking you then move to Vladek's place. But KK2 to DM area is a long go and three other factions are in-between. So please: war is a little to soon for now.

-Black Ranger
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Hello,

I have a couple of suggestions for the roleplay:

1- This is kinda more long-term, but as this new roleplay goes on, I think it's important to start a new game topic every (Or every-other, depending on how active it is.) month. Last time the thread consisted of alot of pages, which was pretty overwhelming, especially to new members who wanted to join in.

2- This was suggested to me in the second roleplay by a member of the first; Check the box to disable your signature when you post in the gaming thread.
It makes the gaming thread look much nicer, and gets rid of any non-story clutter. :)

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

I'll start the new discussion thread then.
Dwarves shall conquer all!!!
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
doodstormer
Bailiff

Post by doodstormer »

Lamanda2 wrote: I have a couple of suggestions for the roleplay:

This is kinda more long-term, but as this new roleplay goes on, I think it's important to start a new game topic every (Or every-other, depending on how active it is.) month. Last time the thread consisted of alot of pages, which was pretty overwhelming, especially to new members who wanted to join in.
While I understand the concern, That'll really be an unnecessary cluttering of topics. Also, we'll cause major confusion for new members. I don't know why people force the new people to read all that...
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

We had monthly discussion threads (and game threads) in the first CCRP. Trust me, the clutter on the forum is hardly anything, and spares a lot of headache in looking for things. As I approve, this, the old topic, is closed. Discussion is continued in the January Discussion Thread.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~