CCRP March Discussion Thread

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I'll sidestep the issue of doodstormer's rules for a moment--though I think there's some common sense in them, and give you fellows a stern lecture on the etiquette of RPGing:

Basically, respect other people. Respect their characters. Respect their storylines. Instead of browbeating and forcing them into situations they don't want by posting about them, TALK to other RPer (we DO have a Private Messaging system, you know). Ask them if it's okay to do stuff that may interfere in their storyline. Let them know what you want to do with their characters.

If someone asks to do something with you--be respectful. Consider it. If it seems out of character, you have absolute control to say no. In past RPGs here, if someone posted something about your character that you thought was out of character, or done without permission, you had the Right to get the post taken down. Now, I don't know that such a rule is implicit in this RPG, but you should consider it as the most basic of courtesies in any case.

A Role-Playing Game is NOT--I repeat: NOT--a competition. It is not a game in the sense that it has a winner. It is a playground on which everyone can tell their stories, in collaboration or alone.

As a final note, Firebender, please do not post in all-bold. This is considered shouting on the internet, and while shouting may be what you intend to convey, it is not acceptable behaviour anywhere on this forum.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming and Forum Moderator~
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

FullNelson wrote:1. No God-moding (controlling other Player characters, not dying/getting even slightly wounded in huge battles, etc.)
2. The army limit is now 500, excluding your own characters. This is to prevent unfair outnumbering of solo characters.
3. 1 square of travel per post. 2 if on horseback or by ship.
4. No signing up as/slaying canonical Lego characters. This includes (but is not limited to): King Leo, Vladek, Rascus, Gilbert the Bad, Cedric the Bull, and the Evil Wizard.
5. Stay in character! No spontaneous switches of attitude. If your character hates the Black Falcons, he's not going to just switch around and join them.

1-yes
2-no
3-yes
4-yes
5-yes

2- I think that some factions should be limited ie wolfpack forestmen but some should not the ones that are "bigger" ie crusaders, crownies etc
Not under one leader though, if two or more joined then an army larger that 500 could be created, not before. Guys try to hold this one together, we're approaching where the other one died, so keep your heads.

EDIT: just saw Formendacil's post. Thanks, you seem to have it covered.
FullNelson
Apprentice
Location: My head is floating in a far off land alone. My body is unfortunately stuck on Earth.

Post by FullNelson »

ok I see what your saying Ranger I do agree with that I thought you ment the whole country. srry
<iframe></iframe>
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

FullNelson wrote:ok I see what your saying Ranger I do agree with that I thought you ment the whole country. srry
I can see where you're coming at. No problem, I started to think the same thing, until my brother gave me a hand.
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Post by FirebenderDude2 »

Formandacil: Sorry. :oops:

And I disagree with all of those rules. No army larger than 500? I don't think that's right. Also, Matty and I are good friends, so we have been conversing back and forth both cyberneticly and in person. We've got everything under control. And Chris ran into him. Plus, how can we have have a good storyline if someone post one sentence, someone posts another sentence, and we end up with 10 posts for one paragraph! That's not going to work, dude. What your proposing will send the RPG spiraling down. Let's just stick with the rules we have. No more, or it won't be fun anymore. But that's just my opinion.
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

FirebenderDude2 wrote:Formandacil: Sorry. :oops:

And I disagree with all of those rules. No army larger than 500? I don't think that's right. Also, Matty and I are good friends, so we have been conversing back and forth both cyberneticly and in person. We've got everything under control. And Chris ran into him. Plus, how can we have have a good storyline if someone post one sentence, someone posts another sentence, and we end up with 10 posts for one paragraph! That's not going to work, dude. What your proposing will send the RPG spiraling down. Let's just stick with the rules we have. No more, or it won't be fun anymore. But that's just my opinion.
The last RPG was scrapped because of large armies. So 500 a leader (create two leaders and viola!)
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Yes, but God-Moding is what is keeping this thing alive. The RPG is the heart, the people are the beat, and God-Moding is the blood!!!!!! It will all fail without God-Moding. As I said before, keep the original rules. NO MORE! :evil:

Also, two leaders could lead to a lot of contention. If that is the case, make it 1000 per commander, at the least.
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.
doodstormer
Bailiff

Post by doodstormer »

FirebenderDude2 wrote:Yes, but God-Moding is what is keeping this thing alive. The RPG is the heart, the people are the beat, and God-Moding is the blood!!!!!! It will all fail without God-Moding. As I said before, keep the original rules. NO MORE! :evil:

Also, two leaders could lead to a lot of contention. If that is the case, make it 1000 per commander, at the least.
If God-Moding is "the blood", I might as well strike you all down with lightning and start apocalypse.
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

doodstormer wrote:
FirebenderDude2 wrote:Yes, but God-Moding is what is keeping this thing alive. The RPG is the heart, the people are the beat, and God-Moding is the blood!!!!!! It will all fail without God-Moding. As I said before, keep the original rules. NO MORE! :evil:

If God-Moding is "the blood", I might as well strike you all down with lightning and start apocalypse.
Seriously... Fire: please no god-moding. It has been the murderer of hundreds of RPGs, both myself and Doodstormer are on a another forum with lots of RPGs.
FullNelson
Apprentice
Location: My head is floating in a far off land alone. My body is unfortunately stuck on Earth.

Post by FullNelson »

when you say no godmoding do you mean no godmoding at all not even for a simple sentence. That is fine with me just want to clarify
<iframe></iframe>
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

I concur with all these rules and apologize to the RPGers as a whole. I've been out of control lately. :cry: I'll tone it down from here on out. Thanks for pointing all this out people. I didn't realize until now that things were going the same way as the last RPG. :cry: I'm really sorry. :cry:

Edit: Fire, I have to disagree, God-moding is not the blood. Look at how much trouble it's getting you and me into.

P.S. Fire and I have worked things out between ourselves, so there shouldn't be anymore petty arguments between us over what's happening with our characters.

Edit: Sorry for the double edit. I don't agree with the rule that bars us from killing off official characters. That's just not right. I mean really, why shouldn't we be able to kill off an unclaimed official character?

Edit: Yeah, I know beyond good taste right here. I think that if official characters are off limits, dragons should be as well, unless they're being controlled by a Mod or Admin. Kinda like a Game Master controls the beasts and enemies in D&D.
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

NO WAY! I'm keeping Draco. And I agree only with Matty's second Edit.

EDIT: I'm gonna be a conservative on this one. NO MORE RULES! It won't be fun anymore. If there are too many rules, than I'm quitting.
Yes, this IS an RPG. RPG is supposed to be like REAL LIFE! (Except in our case it's LEGO's brought to life :lol: )

DOUBLE EDIT: Off that annoying topic, is everyone OK with Mark becoming King? Speak now or forever hold your peace.
Last edited by FirebenderDude2 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FullNelson
Apprentice

Post by FullNelson »

Matt are you still controling BeDar or not doesnt really matter to me just wondering
<iframe></iframe>
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

FullNelson wrote:when you say no godmoding do you mean no godmoding at all not even for a simple sentence. That is fine with me just want to clarify
Bingo. Realistic is the best. And fire: is that massive dragon Regnar's perchance?
doodstormer
Bailiff

Post by doodstormer »

FullNelson wrote:when you say no godmoding do you mean no godmoding at all not even for a simple sentence. That is fine with me just want to clarify
Godmoding in a simple sentence depends on what you're doing. If someone else's character is talking, you can't make them say something. If someone's character takes an axe swing at you, you can duck and say they missed. Do you see what I'm talking about?