CCRPG April Discussion Thread

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

FirebenderDude2 wrote:Bad run in with the DMs?

BTW guys, how do you like my new title?
Legion of the Aggie? Ha... That's good. Anywho: Draco (Strabo, srry) has arrived and now what say anyone for an adventure into Stoneworthy? (No armies, just heroes now)
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Hmmm, maybe. As long as Fire leaves the CT out of things, fine.
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Matt BeDar wrote:Hmmm, maybe. As long as Fire leaves the CT out of things, fine.
Agreed. But the CT might appear later. :twisted: As an opponent, neutraly controlled. (See The Mummy? Same idea)
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Hmmm. I'll think about it. in the mean time, what in the heck are we going to do? Currently, we have a dragon, alright he's friendly but still, in our midst, Gerodal despises dragons of all types for a reason that shall be revealed at a later date. :twisted:

I think I'll get most of my guys back up to New Bull territory and establish it as a nation of mercenaries. :twisted: Won't that be fun? :twisted: I'll probably have Stephan go to New Bull territory and keep studying the sword, eventually finding out the blades secret. :twisted: Might have Gerodal go on a personal quest for his own reasons. Other than that, I won't be doing much.

Edit: You forgot to change split the Bull Knights into the New Bulls and the Bull Knights. The border would run through the middle of J-3, from the South-West corner to the North-East corner. Roughly.
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Post by FirebenderDude2 »

I don't like the neutral thing unless he is eventually trapped in the sword and the sword is returned to its rightful owner, Mark, for safe keeping.
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

No way in high heaven above is that sword going anywhere but in a stasis spell, sealing it off from the world. I'm not gonna run the risk of that tin can running amok, or trying to get back at Stephan for studying it so carefully.
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

OK, now that is cheap magic. You complain to me for a half mile thick wall, and then you go off and make something that can send something into the vortex of time or what-not? I don't think so, bubba. NOT gonna happen. That sword is rightfully mine.

Also, Chris might leak some info to the Orcs and then betray them... :twisted:
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Vorex of time? What nonsesne do you speak of? I simply need to put the sword in a protective bubble that seals its energy and kills anyone that touches it.
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

I still want that sword back. And for stealing an ancient artifact of power that belongs to the Black Falcons (NOT as a whole), I could put up so much evidence to go to war that the KK2 might join me!

EDIT: OK, that's all I got. But that's still enough to go to war, and I don't think that your puny little floundering nation can stand against the Black Falcons. It's the American Revolution without the victories, and I could easily get an ally in it... :twisted:

THE ORIGINAL BULL KNIGHTS!!!!!!
Last edited by FirebenderDude2 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Matt BeDar wrote:Vorex of time? What nonsesne do you speak of? I simply need to put the sword in a protective bubble that seals its energy and kills anyone that touches it.
Like Vladek. And I agree, that weapon is just as bad as Tinnie. It must be sealed away, safe from all. But we might come back and free it when our hour is deire. :wink:
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Actually, that weapon is what "Tinnie" is trapped in.
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

FirebenderDude2 wrote:Actually, that weapon is what "Tinnie" is trapped in.
*Stops and stares*... What? Could, between the tow of you, explain exactly where, what, why, how, when: Tinnie and the Sword are?

EDIT: what about sending the BF to war? I have the King. And Bf are out of all wars unless the fate of the world is included.
Last edited by Black Ranger on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil-Galad
Villein

Post by Gil-Galad »

FirebenderDude2 wrote:I still want that sword back. And for stealing an ancient artifact of power that belongs to the Black Falcons (NOT as a whole), I could put up so much evidence to go to war that the KK2 might join me!

EDIT: OK, that's all I got. But that's still enough to go to war, and I don't think that your puny little floundering nation can stand against the Black Falcons. It's the American Revolution without the victories, and I could easily get an ally in it... :twisted:

THE ORIGINAL BULL KNIGHTS!!!!!!

THe last i checked, King Edmund the Third was in controll of the Black Falcons. YOu do not have the authority to send them to war. Not to mention that "Puny floundering Nation" is pretty powerful, and has strong allies.
And Edmund seems to agree that the sword should be locked away.
Sorry to say, but the Black Knights are now the "Puny floundering Nation" as their lands have shrunk CONSIDERABLY

EDIT: How can you easily attain an ally? MattBeDar already has all the goog ones lol :D
[img]http://www.thelandofshadow.com/mordorgate/d ... imitar.jpg[/img]
I'm gonna stick you!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

You guys are crazy... *shakes head* And yes, I'm looking at you two, Matt and Fire.

Anyway, as far as my input goes about walking suits of armour: sounds like a cool idea... but.... (there is ALWAYS a "but"). But you've got to use it with caution.

With EVERY new, cool, magical thing you chuck into the Roleplay, I really, really, really recommend thinking it through ahead of time, and BUILDING IN an Achilles' Heel. Not only does it make it fair to everyone else not have some "all powerful hero thingy", it just so happens that all powerful hero thingies are boring.

Seriously.

Boring.

We don't want boring, do we?

In the case of "tinnie", what would this mean (aware as I am that, in the 12 hours since this situation sort of came up, it seems to have resolved itself)? Well, while it might be cool for the Lord of Stormdog to have some sort of magical suit of armour walking around protecting him, the story is going to be flat if there isn't something the armour can't deal with. Maybe it can't cross rivers or something? Maybe it can only walk 12 miles away from Stormdog. Maybe it was built with a chivalrous ideal, so it can't fight a woman. Whatever the weakness, consider the potential for DRAMA! Imagine the scene: the Lord of Stormdog is in the middle of a great battle: enemies are all over and his men are losing. He calls in the CT, and the battle seems to be going his way... then BOOM! A woman warrior shows up, or the CT is lured towards a river, or more than 12 miles away... and all of a sudden Lord Stormdog is completely alone and surrounded by enemy soldiers, and it's up to good, old-fashioned grit to get him out of it.

That's the real problem with these all-powerful hero thingies: they make it so that there's no place left in the story for brains, brawn, and good old steel. This is supposed to be a Castle roleplay, right? So what's the point of it being a Castle roleplay if there's no role archers, swordsmen, or knights can play?

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Forum Moderator~
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

I was thinking of having his weakness being getting a sword under the flap in his armor, like the ones that most minifigs wear, where there is that little upside down 'v' in the armor.