DOOMBLADE: LEGO-LIVE-RPG! (Revised Edition 2.0)

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Because of my humble role-playing experience when it comes to official role-playing games I've managed to enlist my buddy Quickblade22 to help me create, define and expand upon this role-playing concept I have. He will serve as a secondary GM and he's graciously designed a rather outstanding battle system for our game which I will call upon him to introduce to you, the players.

I will continue to outline the story working from what I've already written and prepare our adventure.

While this role-play will follow a strict battle system, it will primarily be very free-form in nature and will allow the most player-creativity as is possible.
Last edited by LORD DOOM on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

What faction you claim?
Black Knights

What are your three primary weapons?
Shortsword, lance and mace (Brown stick 4L Lightsabre with light gray 8 tooth gear)

What is you primary discipline? Fighting, Weaponry, Magic etc.
Being the Black Knight himself: Fighting.

What is your characters appearance? ((Images are especially appreciated.))
The Black Knight ;)

What is your characters backstory as the respective member of your claimed faction?
The Black Knight is the Black Knight, 'nuff said!
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

What faction you claim?
Falcons

What are your three primary weapons?
Lance, shortsword, bow and arrow

What is you primary discipline? Fighting, Weaponry, Magic etc.
Weaponry

What is your characters appearance? ((Images are especially appreciated.))
My sigfig

What is your characters backstory as the respective member of your claimed faction?
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

In accordance with Lord D00M, I have worked on a game system that should be easy to grasp and fun to play. Without further rambling, I present:

DOOM BLADE

All you need is a regular deck of 52 cards

Agility = Clubs
Intelligence = Diamonds
Strength = Hearts
Wisdom = Spades

Numbered cards are of equal value.
Aces = 1
Face cards are as follows: Jack = 11, Queen = 12, King = 13
EDIT Jokers are in play now, but they will be a mystery as to what they are for.
Cards will also wrap around, like in normal card games.
An action is determined by a player drawing a card. He then adds or subtracts the number from his relevant ability score to determine the range value. The GM then draws a card to determine the opposing value. The player must be within the target range of the opposing value to succeed.

The object is to get closest to the GM’s card to succeed. Players draw first. This prevents players from cheating, and adds to the level of surprise at the outcome of events. The GM could cheat, but then that would defeat the purpose of the game, to have fun.

Action example 1: A player (a rogue) wants to scale a wall. The GM declares that this is an agility feat. The player draws a card (10 of spades). Since the player is a rogue, he has a 3 to his ability range (see character class stats). That means he will succeed within a range of 3. So the GM draws a card (2 of clubs). Failure. The Player needed the opposing card to be between 7 and King, (or 6 and Ace if the card was the same suit).

Action example 2: A player (this time a Dark Wizard) wants to attack an opponent. Since he is using his weapon, the GM declares this a strength feat (which is a 2). He draws a card (8 of spades). So the opposing card needs to be between 6 and 10 (or 5 and Jack if it’s the same suit….spades). The GM draws. It’s a 10 of clubs. Success!

As for damage during combat……well, we’re still working on it.

Life points (or Hit Points), will be determined by having all characters starting with the same amount for balancing purposes (still to be determined). Opponent Hit Point values will be determined later as well.

The purpose is to have fun. While failure and defeat will happen, we are trying to make the game as enjoyable as possible by making it not difficult to succeed. Death may not be around every corner, but defeat, capture, unconsciousness, and failure will have its place in the game. Think of it more as a comic where characters are constantly overcome or beaten, but rarely lost forever.

Character Creation:
The ability scores will determine what a starting character can accomplish. At the beginning of character creation, the player will choose a character class within the four class types, each corresponding to one of the four suits. The classes are as follows:

Warrior = Hearts
Rogue = Clubs
Light Wizard (Elemental) = Diamonds
Dark Wizard (Warlock) = Spades

Starting packages:
Warrior: 3 Str, 2 Agl, 1 Int, 1 Wis
Rogue: 1 Str, 3 Agl, 2 Int, 1 Wis
Light Wizard: 1 Str, 1 Agl, 3 Int, 2 Wis
Dark Wizard: 2 Str, 1 Agl, 1 Int, 3 Wis

If it would be possible, we would like to perhaps MOC some of the adventures in the future. We ask that players would chose minifigs that we have the capability to create. This is not essential, just a friendly request.

Players need to choose a class.

Any questions can be asked by PMing me or LD, or by finding us in the CC chat.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!