Classic-Castle Roleplay: June

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

the_great_one wrote:The blast shook the whole area, causing it to shake. Reno hurried into the cabinet, making sure he closed it behind him. He caught up to the rest of the group.
Grid: O-10

Reno's explosion had caused a fierce fire, and the Crusader soldiers were unable to reach the cabinet. Smiling, Reno mixed two more potions that created a blueish-green light for all to see by. Bjarn stood up from examining the innkeeper.

"Leave him here. He is dead." he said bluntly, eyeing the grim-faced Rosa.

Willem studied the group. They were eleven total; himself; Graygon, Marcus, Bjarn, Reno, Aros, Luxus, Rosa, Rodurik, Shainya and Dale. Reno seemed to have recovered from his inner wounds, but both Rodurik and Shainya were still blacked out.

"Quickly," commanded the Wolfpack leader, "Aros, Marcus, you two carry Rodurik. Reno, Graygon, you two carry Shainya. Bjarn, take Reno's light and go to the front with Dale. Luxus, stay with me and watch our rear. That fire will rage until the Broken Mast is burnt to the ground, but the Crusaders can still come after us after the ashes cool."

The others obeyed, and soon the company ws swiftly making their way through the tunnel, each with thier own thoughts.

A fine mess I've gotten myself into... thought Marcus, I wonder if I'll ever see my ship again...

This is very exciting! thought Luxus

Tyco, this fellow is heavy, I do hope he's okay... thought Aros

My master is dead...the Broken Mast is no more...I am free... thought Rosa

That was a near escape... thought Graygon

I hate all this bloodshed...it's so horrible... thought Dale

I hope we get out of this awful place soon...I hate dark, damp places... thought Bjarn

That Shainya is very pretty... thought Reno

The Misfits, together again...except for Barbod...I wonder where he is now... thought Willem
Last edited by Lord_Of_The_LEGO on Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
sith35
Freeman

Post by sith35 »

The group pushed on, it was dark, wet, and dreary in the tunnel. The only light was that of the concoction of Reno, that Bjarn carried at the front of the group. The light barely made it to the end of the group.

"Reno, slow down a bit, I need to talk to Willem." Graygon said. Willem must of head, because he and Luxus were at Graygon's side very quickly. "I doubt that we will make it out of the passage before the Crusaders catch up to us." "We are going to have to make a stand at some point." Graygon said. "Just push on and let me worry about that." Willem said hurrying Graygon along. "Until we hear them, we still have a chance." "So let's keep moving." Willem added.
Last edited by sith35 on Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it doesn't fit FORCE IT! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyways.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

E-3
Location: Just outside of Leonville, one the Crusader/Royal Border
I think we'd better get out of sight," he said. "Even if the Royal Knights have no quarrel with us, there is a large company of Crusaders just outside the gates.
The three took cover in the trees.

"They're waiting for us," said Elwen, "are you sure that you don't want to just pop over the border in the wilds?"

"More than ever," replied the Old Man. "We've created enough trouble for ourselves here. Let's not allow the trouble to carry over the border."

"We have to do something!" Elwen insisted.

"I'll lead them away," suggested Sir Dractor. "I'll let them see me, and I'll draw them off into northwards, as if I'm making to cross the border in the wilds."

"I'd rather we not get separated," said the Old Man.

"Do you have a better idea?" asked Sir Dractor. "Elwen has to go, for reasons you're keeping secret, and you have to go, for reasons that are plain. I, on the other hand, am expendable."

"I shouldn't say so myself," disagreed the Old Man.

"But surely they won't all leave just because they see one of us," said Elwen.

"I can fix that," said the Old Man, reluctantly. "I'll create an illusion that you and I are going with Sir Dractor, at least at the initial sighting."

"Then why should he go at all?" asked Elwen. "Why doesn't he just come with us?"

"Because I cannot keep the illusion up for long, and the soldiers will need an actual person to track, and to keep in sight once the illusions are gone." The Old Man sighed. "Well, let's get this over with. Take care of yourself, Aethelred."
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

"Oh no... I'm not taking any chances on some, crazy, mumbo-jumbo spell!" cried Trevelayn.
"What? Well what do you expect us to do, then? Waltz out there in front of the Wolfpack army?" snapped back Fraun.
"Or stay and rot in this evil crypt?" said Dordrot.
"Well, it's better than being murdered and strung up by those Wolf fiends."
"It's the end of the tunnel!"
"There'll be no need," sighed Voolmark. "Fraun, I taught you of magical barriers, didn't I?"
"Yes, sir. The conflicting natures of magic that flow through the world can often conflict and cancel eachother out."
"Yes, and that is exactly what has happened, my boy. This place is far too evil for the light side of magic to come through. I'm afraid that here, I can only cast the most minor of spells."
"Tyco..." growled Dordrot.
"We have no men at all!" cried Trevelayn.
"But we could use that to our advantage..." Said Fraun.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:"Because..." Majisto explained haltingly, "You cannont wield the Pendants without them being given to you...free will must be involved..."

Lord Void glared. He suddenly remebered a name that the little figure shouted when he had taken the Pendants; 'Reno'.

"Then I must fine this Reno..." Lord Void stated, glaring.
Grid: G-10

Lord Void was tired. The strain of the magic he had preformed to take the Pendants from Reno had drained him. He drifted his quarters and almost instantly fell asleep.

Majisto was mad at himself. He had failed again. His master had demanded of him to fetch the two Pendants and Majisto had failed. He always seemed to fail.

But not this time.

Majisto stood up. Lord Void demanded Reno and this time, THIS time, Majisto would get what his master needed. He would not fail. He crossed the hall in several swift strides and faced a blank wall. He murmered a few words and the wall melted away, revealing a door. Majisto opened this door and pulled a small, two-wheeled handpulled cart out into the open. He then dragged a wooden chest out of the closet, summoned the things he needed from his room with a wave of his wand and packed them into the chest. He heaved the chest onto the cart and shut the door of the closet, the door hid itself instantly. Grabbing hold of the hadles of the cart, he walked out of the Fire Breathing Fortress without a backward glance.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Grid: 0-6 Location: Cape Fang, Fell Sea

THE waters of the Fell Sea, the channel that divided the main lands of the Wolfpack and Dark Forest with their overseas strongholds, were blue-green and deep, foamy as the waves broke upon the hulls of the corsair fleet. The skies were darkened with dark, swirling clouds... The clouds that announced the presence of Dark Magic in the winds. Radjar looked up at the brewing storm.
"It's Defoe. He's already preparing his defence." he whispered.
The fleet numbered ten ships, packed with Dark Forest soldiers, in all total numbering 9,000 men. Rad knew this would not be enough to storm the capital fortress of the Wolfpack- a dark, jagged spear jutting from the barren horizon- Daggerfall Spire. The spire had been built many centuries ago by a Dark Sorcerer, an ancient monument made of black stone and iron, the fortress consisted of the main keep to the west, and to the east, several passageways from the keep led to the spire itself, a great tower topped with a red burning flame, a beacon to ships seeking refuge. The place was walled up, and garrisoned by ten thousand soldiers, maybe more. Radjar didn't know.
But the shore was nearing. And the storm was about to begin.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: R-6

Captain Broadside had sobered up surprisingly fast, his crew thought. They were none too pleased about the 'decision' to leave port five days early: most were still half inebriated as they hoisted anchor, and lowered sails.

The Sorceror-king didn't care. He was in a hurry, and while the Old Man was still aways away from the valley, and while he already knew its secret, he wanted to maintain his lead, but his next destination lay... somewhere difficult.

The Sorceror-king needed a force of his own. Some troops to reinforce his own presence. And Lord Void seemed the best person to visit in an attempt to receive those troops.

But he needed something to bargain with. Something to trade. Lord Void had a great many possesions, and had few needs or wants. But there was one thing that he never had enough of.

Slaves!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid E-3
Location: Just outside of Leonville, on the Crusader/Royal Border

Elwen and the Old Man watched as Sir Dractor moved towards, the road. The wizard had his staff raised, and two figures stood by the warrior.

"The soldiers!" cried Sir Dractor, a little too loudly, "take cover!" He dashed towards the other side of the road, the Elwen and the Old Man figures following after him.

Down by Leonville, the Crusaders had caught sight of the three vanishing people, and uniformly charged after them leaving only two men behind. With his free hand, the Old Man gestured at the two remaining Crusaders, and they jerked backwards for a moment before charging after their comrades.

The Old Man chuckled, and lowered both his staff and hand. Some ways off, the two companion figures by Sir Dractor disappeared into the the trees and vanished.

Elwen and the Old Man got up from their hiding place, and made their way back onto the road, and to the gates. They stepped into Leonville, and over the border.

"Names, and business," asked the captain of a small detachment of Royal Knight soldiers.

"Magarus and Elwen dan Raleigh," replied the Old Man. "We are on our way to the provincial capital to attend the wedding of my son." The captain jotted down the information.

"Very well," he replied, "have a safe and pleasant journey in the dominions of King Barbarossa."

Not looking back, Elwen and the Old Man hastily passed through Leonville, and into the country beyond.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

“Would you like to hear a story? I have many to tell. Would you like to hear about Sir Tolemac and the quest for the golden scepter? Or perhaps the tale of Pizzle the gnome. No? Perhaps the story of the twelve pillars or the chronicles of Miara: Princess of the mountains. Something else? Just name it. Many tales I know and I’ve not told all of them yet. Stories of might and majesty. Stories of valor and cunning. Stories that tell the very truth about good and evil.”

Yet still more I know. Stories of noble knights and beautiful princesses. Stories of dark woods and fire breathing dragons. Stories of hope in such darkness that your heart may long to break.
Yet, if none of these are what you want I may tell you a different story. One that will never be sung of in ballads or told by a beggar-story-teller like myself. Still it is a true story and a unique one at that.
It is my story.

This is my story…

Grid J-10
Location... The capitol of Classic LEGOland.

The capitol is a large place; filled with all the hustle and bustle you could imagine. There are lots of things to see there. The golden covered walls of the citadel and castle. The impressive statues and the splendidly armored cavaliers. But, if you ever you have been at the small marketplace near the west wall you may have seen a shabby beggar making for a small bread stand. You may have seen him but he will not have seen you. Thenias was his name and he was a man who lived in darkness…

Thenais made his way to the bread stand, his hand following the wall to keep his direction. In the beginning he had had to count the bricks with his hand to keep track of where he was, but now he had it down in strides.

“Well look who it is.” A friendly voice from the bread stand said as Thenais approached.
“Hello Jos.” Thenais replied. “Do you have my bread ready?”
“Oh, as if I could forget. You only come here every day at noon. Oh, and I also have your other order. Two jars of dragon-berry jam and a quarter bushel of dragon-berries. You know I still can’t figure out why you like them so much. I mean they don’t taste very good and before you came along I couldn’t sell them for mule feed.”
“Well I guess I just like the taste. But I’m afraid I won’t be able to buy the jam today. I didn’t have many people at my shack today.”
“Story-telling business ain’t going too well eh? Well I’ll tell you what. Today you can just have the jam. You’re my best customer after all and besides, I won’t be able to sell it before it goes bad.”
“Well, many thanks my friend. I’ll be back tomorrow.”
And with that Thenais shouldered his pack, turned, and headed back down the street.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
sith35
Freeman

Post by sith35 »

The group had been trudging through the tunnel for what seemed like hours, it was hard enough to see as it was, and what they could see was all the same brick and water. This sucks, I almost would of preferred fighting our way out of that mess. Graygon thought. And that is when it happened, Willem heard the whiz past his ear, but did not have time to warn the group. Graygon took the arrow in the shoulder, He dropped Shainya's legs and grabbed for the arrow. Reno quickly picked up Shainya and started moving faster toward the front of the group. Willem had made it to Graygon. "It is not too deep, but it is in there." Willem said, turning to see the distant Crusaders. Another arrow came whizzing by, this time hitting the wall. "Everyone run!" Willem shouted, grabbing Graygon's bow and began firing back. I always wondered why he never carried a bow, he is just as good with one as his daggers. Graygon thought as he pushed himself up and started moving. Luxus was helping Graygon make his way to the rest of the group when Aros and Bjarn came past them to help Willem stall the troops. "The exit is just ahead, keep moving, we will hold them long enough for you to get out." "Then we will fight the way we like to." Bjarn said.

"Looks as if you could use a hand." Bjarn said. The Crusader troops had slowed their pace, but not by much. "Everyone is almost out, all we need to do is stall a bit longer." Aros said. Willem fired another arrow, made his way behind Bjarn and Aros, Then Bjarn did that same, and so on. Till they heard the group "We're all out, hurry up." The three made a dash for the exit. As they made it through the opening they saw Reno smiling, then they saw hit light another one of his explosive mixes and toss it deep into the tunnel. Everyone quickly took cover. The explosion shook the ground, and erupted a large spray of water from the tunnel. "Never a dull moment with this group." Marcus said.

Reno was already looking over the wounded. Trying to patch them up quickly so the group could continue moving.
If it doesn't fit FORCE IT! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyways.
kook
Serf

Post by kook »

N10

Alex ran down the tunnel. Could he be there? Alex wondered. He heard the sounds of swords clashing. He followed the sounds. There was a crazy explosion, but Alex and 3 guards were past the rubble. A man with an eye patch smiled.
"!!" a guard shouted, as an arrows sunk through his chest.
Ther was a straggle, the remaining guard has his sword to aros's neck.
"alex.." aros muttered. he remembered him.
Aros had saved alexs life. he now wanted to return that favour. he launched his spear forward, crushing it into the guards chest, but the guard had 1 more ounce of energy, and stabbed alex, staright through the chest...
if you kill 1 man you are a murderer
if you kill 10 men you are a monster
if you kill 100 men you are a hero
if you kill 1000 men you are a conqueror!!
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Grid 16-1

it was getting dark out. And After looking for john and having no luck He decides to walk around for awhile. He finally finds the only inn on black eyes dock. he walks in slowly into the horse shoe inn. Looking around and seeing if john was there. “Do you have a coin to spare” a man asks him. “no I do not but you have ask me this before. THEIF!” the man takes a dagger out and slashes at Logan cutting some of the chain mail off of his armor. Logan jumps onto a small table. But it brakes under him and he falls on his head. He trys to get up while a man grabs his axe off the floor.A man swings his dagger at him cutting the tip off of his noise. Logan does a jump kick at the guy who cut the tip iff of his noise and takes a small dagger out of his boot and stabs the guy in the arm. Making the man drop his axe. “STOP!” A man in the shadows on the top floor says to everyone in the inn. “He has nothing we want., leave him be” Logan slowly walks out, but bumps into a man groaning behind him. It was john. Cut up and bleeding badly. MEGABLOCKS you all and your TYCO!
He slowly picks john up and walks out of the inn, only looking back for a second.

LR
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Grid H-10
Location… The ruins of an ancient castle in the hart of the Neverwood.

The Neverwood forest is a treacherous place, filled with a wide variety of dangerous creatures. Few are those, even of the brave, who dare to enter. But it is said that there is one who walks unhindered in the shadows of the trees. This man, it is said can tame the creatures and bend them to his will. But then there are a lot of things said about that man and if you want the truth you had better ask him.

The forest was dark, the first rays of the morning failing to penetrate into the deep forest. The birds were out, singing their various songs in the stillness of the morning, as they fluttered from branch to branch under the canopy of the trees. One bird however was flying high in the air. Circling, swooping, eventually flying back to the clearing that he came from. The clearing itself was filled with runes. Partial towers and walls, fallen spires and broken staircases, the last remnants of an ancient fortress. The hawk circled the runes once more before finally coming to rest on his master’s arm.
“What news Griffin?” The man said. Gib paid close attention as the hawk proceeded into a long series of croaks, caws, and head movements before finally flying off again.
“So there is trouble in the west.” Gib said to himself as he watched the bird disappear.
“I wonder where Jackal is?” He thought. Gib hadn’t seen the wolf yet today.
“Perhaps he decided to go hunting before I woke up” Gib thought. This was not unusual. The wolf was more of a loner then the bird and the bear. Gib looked over at Grizzle. He was still sleeping, still snoring his snuffly bearish snores.
“He’ll wake up with the light no doubt.” Gib thought. But he was wrong. Already the bear had rolled over and in a moment he was up, shaking his shaggy head free of sleep. Gib wasn’t off by much though. The sun was rising higher now and sunlight began to fill the clearing.

The forest was a large one, reaching far into both Classic LEGOland and Dragon Masters land. The clearing itself was almost on the border and the runes were probably those of an old outpost. Of course no one patrolled the border there anymore. The Classic Emperors view was that if someone could make it though that forest alive the border-guard probably wouldn’t be able to stop him anyway. Of course the forest wasn’t as dangerous at all that but it was better that people thought so.
“Come on Grizzle.” Said Gib. “We’ve got work to do.” And the two of them headed west, into Dragon Masters country.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Grid: P-10

Mass chaos prevailed. Bjarn could not see anything due to the high amount of dust from the explosion, and he tripped over something and fell to the ground. He lay there until the dust had cleared, saber at the ready.

A wind soon blew the dust away and Bjarn took a head count. Yes, everyone had made it, but -

Bjarn jumped up and swore. Some Crusaders had survived Reno's explosion. He ran over and immediately saw he had nothing to worry about. Two of the Crusaders were dead, the third one had a grusome wound in the chest. Aros was staring at the third person, his mouth agape. Bjarn raised his saber and was about to bring it down on the Crusader when Aros cried "No!" and butted Bjarn in the stomach. Surprised, Bjarn tripped backwards.

"What the megabloks was that for??" his asked, dumbfounded.

Aros knelt beside the Crusader and began to examine the wound tenderly.

"His names is Alex, and I fought beside him against the evil Dragon Masters ages ago! He is a good man for he saved my life not two minutes ago!"

Reno knelt beside his brother and winced as he examined Alex's deep gash. "It is a wonder he survived such a blow, but I think I can repair the damage..."

Reno withdrew his herb and potions kit and began to work on Alex.

Willem stomped up to Bjarn and slapped him on the back. "How are you feeling, ye old forest rat?"

Bjarn grinned. "Tis good to be back in wood, even if they are of Dark Forest."

Graygon approached. "We will be safe here. The bond between the Dark Forest, Forestmen and Wolfpack runs deep."

"Except on the mainland..." grunted Willem, "Tyco that Defoe!"

Willem stalked off to brood. Bjarn turned and surveyed his fellow companions. They had swelled in size yet again: Two Wolfpack, Willem and Graygon; a Pirate, Marcus; three Crusaders, Shainya, Alex and Aros; Bjarn the Forestman, Rosa of Ninja lands, and Reno, Luxus, Rodurik and Dale who were of no faction.

They had become quite a crowd.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Grabbing hold of the hadles of the cart, he walked out of the Fire Breathing Fortress without a backward glance.
Grid: H-10

Majisto had traveled for days and he was tired. He spotted a sign stating that he was now in the territory of the Classics and stopped. All factions were welcome in the Land of the Golden Castle, but relations had tenced between Classic LEGO and the Dragon Masters due to the constant attacks the Dragon Master lashed down upon the Crusaders, who had good relations with the Classics. A wizard would stick out like a sore thumb. Quickly, Majisto let go of his cart and took out his staff. He muttered a spell under his breath, clutching his staff firmly in both hands and staring intently into the blue gem that set into the top of his staff.

Suddenly a white light flashed brightly and then faded. A young peasant boy, no older than thirteen years of age stood where Majisto had been moments before. The magical staff was now a simple stick, and the cart was now a sheep. Majisto continued on, a grin spreading across his boyish face...