Classic-Castle Roleplay: June

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Barbod looked at the fallen Falcon soldiers, and then to the Lone Falcon. He opened his mouth to speak, but a flash of shadow caught his attention in the window. Barbod sprang to the door, and looked down the old street, but saw nothing. He whipped his head around, turning the other direction, and again saw nothing. A shiver went down his spine, and a cold sweat trickled down his forhead. He knew what the shadow was. Barbod stroad back into the pub, and made his way to the counter, which he then stepped onto, addressing his comrads.
"Someone saw this attack on the Falcons." Barbod swallowed hard, "Someone who will pose a great thret to us. My fellow Bulls may know of him, and mabie some Falcons aswell." Barbod paused for a moment, cleared his throat, then contenued, "Faolin the Assassin. His only perpose, for the time, is to dispose of me. If he were a normal assassin, he would have stroad into this pub and done so. No. He is smart. He has gone to the Falcon king. He will return with an army." Barbod stopped again. Public speaking was one thing he had never been trained for. "He knows our size, and I assume he will bring at least twice as many in arms." Barbod hopped off the counter, and picked up his spear, from where it lay on the counter.
"Men," Barbod said, "Prepare for the fight of your lives."

He smiled.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Gib and Grizzle made their way to the western edge of the forest, traveling by the quickest route they knew. There were roads in the neverwood but these were much too dangerous for use. For one thing there were the tree-traps, which were various traps involving vegetation.

For example, there were roots that couldn’t be stepped on without with out toppling the tree down on top of you. Then there were the brambles that would strangle you as you tried to escape. Finally there were the pitfalls, narrow openings just large enough for a man to fall in and get stuck. These were cleverly covered up with twigs and leaves. But whether these tree-traps were some mischief of the trees, or the workings of some ancient forest guardian, Gib knew not.
It was not unusual to find skeletons ensnared in these traps, though never any animal skeletons. They seemed to have a nose for the things and would always aviod them.

Gib remembered how Gart had first discovered the traps and had kept them both from peril many times. Gart always had been good at that. He could skip down the roads without one worry. But Gart was not with him now and he preferred not to think about it.
Gib himself had learned to recognize the traps eventually but this was only when he examined them closely. For this reason Gib never used the roads, preferring to travel along the streams and bear-paths.

Of course the forest’s danger did not lie on the roads alone. There were dangerous bogs and places giant spiders dwelt. Gib however, always avoided these.

It was two hours to midday when they stopped. There were noises up ahead. Voices, chains and footsteps. Men footsteps and dragon footsteps.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

They continued more quietly now, eventually coming upon a road crossing their path. The noises were coming closer now. Evidently the strangers were traveling down the path.
Gib and the bear took cover and watched as a strange procession came into view. In the front were two men, obviously Dragon Masters. A tall man with an eye patch seemed to be the leader. By his armor one could tell his high rank. The smaller one had a scar on his face and walked with his sword unsheathed, as though he expected to be ambushed any second. These two however were not as strange as the thing behind them.

It appeared to be a dragon, though one could hardly tell it. On its mouth was a muzzle. Gib didn’t know how it worked but its purpose was obvious.

“No fire breath for this dragon.” He thought. Its tail, which drooped lifelessly, had had its spikes cut off and what had once been its wings were now only shreds. Upon its back it carried a large pack and had many scars and cuts in his scales. It had two collars on its neck, each with a chain leading to one of his captors. The collars especially caught Gib’s attention. He had seen them before on a dancing bear when he was a child. They were choke collars, collars that tightened if the chain was pulled and only could be un-tightened by a man. Still, disheveled as the dragon was, Gib still couldn’t help but notice his size. It was one of the largest he had seen.

“Hold up for a moment.” The taller man said suddenly. “I think I’ve got a stone in my boot.”
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

DAGGERFALL Spire was a black, jagged claw jutting from the Plain of Gineus. It was built centuries ago by the first Wolfpack king, Hadar Shadowlire, as a refuge for those the world cast away. Gereld thought it was fitting that it was Defoe's fortress, as the world had seemed to reject him. The fortress consisted of a proud main keep, built around the base of the main tower, the spire itself. Atop the spire were four spikes and a blazing red flame, a beacon meant to summon corsairs, pirates and mercenaries to the Wolfpack banner in times of war. The whole place was walled off and garrisoned by a countless number of elites. Gereld chuckled. if Willem was trying to get in there right now, he betted his was wishing that when he'd been king he hadn't put so much defense into it. The Dark Forest main army was ready to siege the castle, trebuchets lined up and packed for the trip, troops in marching order.
"King Kath, Defoe is for sure bottled up in the fortress. We can reach it by midday, but I fear fighting would go into the night."
"So be it, Gereld. All the better to show Defoe my new powers. He'll pay for the deaths of all who died in this war."
Gereld nodded his head.
"ALL BATTALIONS! STRAIGHT FOR DAGGERFALL! AHEAD, MARCH!"

Defoe Grimtongue sat skulking on his throne. Around him, torches lined the cold stone walls of his stronghold. He knew the end was near as he heard the roar of the Dark Forest battle cry.
Outside, the Dark Forest men were gathered all around the castle. Wolfpack archers were firing into their ranks and laying a few low, but the battle had nary begun. Gereld and Radjar sat on their horses. The trebuchets wheeled up. The captains gave the orders to fire. Five blazing stones singed the air around as they crashed into the walls of the castle. Archers fell in every direction. But behind the walls, the real strength lay. The Wolfpack army charged out shouted like devils, whirling and brandishing weapons of war as they shouted curses to their foreign attackers. Thunder clapped overhead as the storm finally came crashing down on the two opposing forces, the berserker fury of the Wolf-soldiers struck fear in the hearts of the Foresters. Steel met steel, steel met flesh, blood met blood. Radjar bore out his long ebony sword and galloped, screaming, his lavender hair streaming behind him, into the line. Hacking and slashing, Wolfpack fell everywhere and blood launched into the air, carnage piercing every bit of earth on that ground. Gereld desperately rallied his troops, cutting down any who dared attack him, when he looked up. Radjar was riding unopposed to the gates. The time of vengeance was nearing closer.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

P11
Exit of the underwater tunnel

The moonlight shone bright on the tree tops. It was amazing how it had become dark so quick. Mist lingered sleepily in the sky, waiting to swallow someone up.
At the front was Rodurik and dale, carrying a motionless alex. Marcus and Aros stood talking about past adventures, even as far back as the time of Burtrand the Pirate.
Willem and Graygon inched forwards, talking about Defoe and his evils. Bjarn stood there on his own, as he liked, carefully looking into the distaance. Rosa was gloomily walking beside Luxus.
Reno and shainya were at the back of the crowd, Reno occasionally helping Shainya stumble forward.Dale shot a glance at Reno, but quickly turned back. Rosa shot a glance at Shainya, but she too quickly turned back.

"Halt!"
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Same Place as Last

RADJAR screamed, his yell echoeing around the battlefield. Twenty pikemen stood to stop him, and a jagged spear lodged into his shoulder. Radjar cried out in pain as he wrenched the shaft free of the muscle and tissue, and stabbed its former owner with it. His sword lopped limbs of three men in one blow, and he trampled past six more. The eleven others chased after him as he charged through the gates of the fortress, cutting down all who stood in his way. Arrows blotted out the sun, and fell down on the Dark Forest army like deadly rain. Men dropped like flies. Radjar's horse toppled over, dying from exhaustion. Radjar stabbed through three approaching men and cut through the rest. The throne room was getting closer.

Trevelayn, Fraun, Dordrot and Voolmark appeared in a swirl of vines outside the fortress gates.
"How did they get here?" asked a guard.
"Who cares?! Kill them!" yelled another as he rushed at them. Dordrot slashed with his sword and one guards head fell on the dirt, while a blow by Voolmark's staff snapped the other's neck. Guards walked down the stone hallways of the fortress, eager to join in battle.
"Where are they?"
Fraun tapped one on the shoulder.
"Right here, mate," he said, pulling four nocked arrows back with his bowstring and letting loose. Trevelayn cut through the guards, and Voolmark magically hoisted one in the air and tossed his soon mangled body ten feet away.
"Radjar is in the courtyard," said he, "Surrounded. We must help him."
The doors shoved open. Radjar was fighting off a band of rough-looking knights. Trevelayn leaped down on top of one and slit his throat. Fraun killed three more with his bow and hacked through the rest with his blade.
"Fraun? Trevelayn? Dordrot? We thought you were dead!" exclaimed a bloodied Radjar.
"Well, you don't think we'd leave all the fun to you, did we?" laughed Fraun.
"Fun indeed," grumbled Dordrot.
"We don't have much time. The throne room is just in..."
Radjar shoved open the door. Defoe stood, barely ready for battle.
"Here."
In the center of the room, a blazing, huge red fire burned eternally.
"You came just in time, Radjar Kath." Defoe mocked. Coming from his mouth, issued a vicious, evil growl. In a burst of red magic, standing there was not Defoe, but a giant, black...

Werewolf.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

the_great_one wrote:Reno and shainya were at the back of the crowd, Reno occasionally helping Shainya stumble forward.Dale shot a glance at Reno, but quickly turned back. Rosa shot a glance at Shainya, but she too quickly turned back.

"Halt!"
Grid: P-11

"Halt!" Rodurik whispered, and he and Dale place Alex on a patch of soft grass. Reno sighed. Rodurik had seemed to recover, as had Shainya, but now he had another person, Alex, to patch up...A healer's work was never finished.

Bjarn lit a fire, and all of them huddled around it, trying to keep warm. Bjarn stared around, watching and listening. Willem and Graygon were still muttering about Defore, Alex was asleep, as was Rodurik, Marcus was staring into the fire and Reno and Shainya kept glancing at one another while Dale glared at Reno. Bjarn smiled. There might be a problem between those three...

Dale suddenly stood up and walked over to Bjarn, still glaring. He threw himself down beside the old Forestman with a grunt.

"That Reno...he seems a untrustworthy type...don't you think?" asked Dale

"I dunno..." mused Bjarn, inwardly grinning, "He saved my life once or twice...why do you ask?"

Dale grunted. He suddenlt turned and asked "Why DID you save Shainya and I? What was your reason?"

Nosy tyco... thought Bjarn, annoyed, Won't stop pestering until they know everything...

"Well??" asked Dale

Bjarn took a breath and said
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Grid: Q-7 Loc: Daggerfall Hall

"YAAAAARGH!" Dordrot charged the beast with his broadsword. It swiped him aside, and he skidded on the floor. Fraun shot arrow after arrow at Defoe, who was rampaging nearer and nearer. Wolfpack guardsmen were also coming through the doors to add to the inconvinience. Trevelayn slashed at them with his saber, While Radjar stood at his back, fighting off the rest. Voolmark struggled to heal Dordrot and keep him self alive at the same time, while Fraun bravely held his ground.
"Oh, tyco..." he muttered as Defoe, jaw gaping open, leaped straight for him, giant black claws shoved ahead of him. The black wolf crashed into the smooth marble floor as Fraun jumped to the side, only to be struck in the shoulder by a flying piece of tile. He yelled out in pain, and killed a Wolfpack guard. Trevelayn consistantly held off the advancing guards. Radjar beheaded one and grabbed his spear as the man fell.
Fraun launched arrows at Defoe, striking him in the legs and chest, but the arrows were nought but pinpricks to the giant beast.
"Not good Radjar, last arrow!" he yelled in desperation.
"Here!" Radjar yelled, throwing him the spear.
Fraun caught it and threw it at the beast. It struck him in the abdomen, and he threw back his head, roaring in pain. Defoe hit Fraun and he too flew across the room.
Radjar looked out the giant window in the hall. The moon was shining perfectly. He felt the shadow energies burning. Radjar fell over with exhaustion, and was hunched over. The Wolfpack guards swarmed over him. then came a bright flash. With a tremendous bellow, the Wolfpack troops were thrown aside. There stood not Radjar, but a tiger. A pure white tiger, growling, its fangs and claws stained with blood. The two beasts circled eachother, around the burning fire, erratically growling and staring down eachother. Defoe pounced. Radjar knocked him aside, then leaped at him. Defoe slashed him with his paw, Radjar cringed. Radjar gnashed his teeth and once again pounced, to be knocked aside. Both leaped in the air, biting and scratching eachother, until Defoe heard a scream. Trevelayn was running straight for him, spear raised above his head. Trevelayn jumped in the air, a shoved the spear through the top of the wolve's head, and through his mouth. With a horrible gagging noise, Defoe staggered, dying. Radjar threw his paw out. Defoe flew backwards into the fire and was destroyed instantly. The Fell War was over.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:"Well??" asked Dale

Bjarn took a breath and said

Bjarn took a breath and said "Very well. I see you won't keep your nose out of my business until I tell you."

Bjarn paused, shifted his weight and then continued.

"I have a cousin, by the name of Isaac. He had a daughter, Patricia, and she looks strikingly similar to Shainya, so much so they could be sisters. He is also the leader of the League of Forestmen and the great grandson of Jethro Argus Tahmyll. He is one of the most powerful Forestmen alive. Isaac and I were very close, for we were each other's only surviving relatives. Years ago, when the megabloks Crusaders were just a tiny faction with barely a toehold, the Royal Knights were attacking the Forestmen. Afraid for his daughter, Isaac named me godfather of her and bid me go south with her to protect her from the Royals. I did just that, protecting anything and everything from her for the next three years. By then the Royals had been beaten back, but now the Crusaders were harrassing the Forestmen from the south. They caught me off guard, and in a violent battle between myself and ten Crusader scouts Patty was killed. I barely escaped with my life and returned to Isaac baring the horrble news. He did not take it well. He blamed me me for his daughter's death and banished me from the League of Forestmen. I wandered from camp to camp until I came upon Barbod, the King of the Bulls and Reno the Healer five months ago in the Falcon Plains."

Bjarn stopped. Dale asked "So you saved Shainya and myself because...?"

Bjarn sighed. "I suppose I thougth saving Shainya might make up for Patty's death...I don't really know..."

Dale clasped Bjarn's worn hand in his own. "Any how, I am forever thankful for saving both our lives."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Bjarn stopped. Dale asked "So you saved Shainya and myself because...?"

Bjarn sighed. "I suppose I thougth saving Shainya might make up for Patty's death...I don't really know..."

Dale clasped Bjarn's worn hand in his own. "Any how, I am forever thankful for saving both our lives."

Dale stood up and walked over to Shainya. Reno had left to give Alex more healing potions. Bjarn smiled to himself again as Dale sat down and began to talk to Shainya.

Willem melted out of the darkness and sat down beside Bjarn.

"Forgive me, my friend, but I could not help over hearing your conversation with Dale..." Willem paused and Bjarn nodded for him to continue. Trust Willem, Leader of the Wolfpack to hear everything that's going on...

Willem continued. "After you left with the three horses to go south into Crusader's land, Graygon and myself met your cousin, Isaac, and a band of his men."

Bjarn looked up. "You met Isaac? What did he say?"

Willem touched Bjarn on the shoulder. "Not much...he...he...died saving our lives...I'm sorry..."

Bjarn tensed. "Isaac..is...dead...?"

Willem nodded. "Which means, if I am not mistaken, that you, as Isaac's closest living relative...are now the leader of the League of Forestmen."
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid:P-12
Location: The Open Sea, between Dark Forest and Knight's Kingdom 2 peninsulas.

The sea was rough and choppy. Dark skies were overhead. Captain Broadside looked warily at the things around him.

"Crusader merchantman off the starboard bow!" called the lookout from the crowsnest.

"Leave her be," said the captain. "We've more important business to see to." Like getting to Dragon Master territory, he thought. Then his passenger came on deck.

"Countermand that instruction," he ordered. "Lay onto an interception course. Rouse the crew. All hands to prepare for battle."

Battle? Captain Broadside looked fearfully at the Sorceror-King. He didn't like where this seemed to be going.
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Grid: M-7
Location: Top of the Highest Tower, Wolfpack Fortress of Siastrakahn

Sheath’s sword neared Yariyikah’s neck in a long sweep to end the confrontation with the light. It all seemed to happen in slow motion. Dark swung at Light as the gods dueled. But then the scene stopped and Sheath’s blade shattered before it could hit Yariyikah. Yariyikah could see Light rise back to his feet with his word at the ready. He was ready to follow the path laid before him and kill Sheath. But the image in his head confused him. Light didn’t kill Dark. The two men formed one, the God Shadow was Born. Sheath opened his eyes and sprang up from the floor, grabbing his sword and swinging at Sheath. There was a look of horror on Sheath’s face as the blade hit him in the stomach. The prophecy Yariyikah could see in his mind would come true on earth too. The blade in Sheath’s stomach drained the dark energy from him…as the light stole the dark powers from within him. Yariyikah could feel Sheath’s soul inside him…the purity from which his powers came from started to dim. The world would be forever changed. The impure light rose from the ashes of the battle.

Sheath’s body lay on the stone floor. Yariyikah jumped off the tower into the night. Dawn broke on a new day…a day of peace in the Wolfpack lands. One could only hope it would remain that way.
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Bjarn tensed. "Isaac..is...dead...?"

Willem nodded. "Which means, if I am not mistaken, that you, as Isaac's closest living relative...are now the leader of the League of Forestmen."
Grid: Q-10

It was the following day. The group walked along the trail in clumps; Bjarn in the lead, followed by Willem and Graygon who were muttering to each other, then Rodurik, Marcus and Rosa, followed by Shainya and Dale, who were talking, and lastly, Reno, Aros, Alex and Luxus.

They had traveled a several more miles in this manner before they came to a clearing. Willem peered up at the patch of sky visible through the trees and said "It's about midday. Let's stop for a bite to eat."

A 'bite to eat' was about all everyone got. Marcus chewed a chunk of stale bread, looking worried.

"We won't last long on this grub..." he muttered to Rodurik.

The blacksmith shrugged his broad shoulders, saying nothing. He was not hungry and had given his share to Rosa who had swallowed it whole gratefully.

Dale was playing some chords on his battered guitar and humming and tune; Shainya smiled and began to hum as well. Reno left where Luxus was chatting with Aros and Alex and plumped himself down by Bjarn, who was sitting alone away from the group.

"That Dale fellowed...he seems an untrustworthy type to me...don't you think...?" he asked the old Forestman.

Bjarn pushed aside the thoughts of leading the League of Forestmen and grinned at Reno.

"I wound't say that...he saved Shainya you know..."

"No, YOU saved her." replied Reno, peeved.

Bjarn did not argue the point. He grinned.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

q10
forest trail

reno chuckled, and stood. he turned around, but immediatley crashed into Dale.
"sorry dale..." Reno said, and he attempted to help dale back to his feet. Dale pushed the hand away, and stood on his own.
Dale pushed reno.
"..." Reno breathed, he tryed to walk around dale, but dale grabbed him.
that isnt like dale... Sahinya thought to herself
"Dale, leave it out." reno said to Dale, and he walked away, dale folowed.
"mr Dale, please, dont fight..." Luxus asked.
"SHUT UP!!" Dale shouted at luxus. Luxus ran towards Rosa, and hid in her arms. Reno drew his sword, and pointed it at Dale.
"Leave it out" Reno said gruffly. Reno sat down next to Bjarn, and sheathed his sword.
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The Classic-Castle Roleplay is Continued in this thread. Enjoy!

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~