Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: June

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Character's Name Not publicly known, goes either by the Old Man, or by Magarus.
Character's Age He lost count several centuries ago.
Character's Background The Old Man is not originally from the Castle Isles, but he seems to come from a similar culture elsewhere. He is after a powerful magical artefact, aided by Sir Dractor and Elwen. He is thwarted in his attempts by the Sorceror-King.
Character's Faction No faction
Character's Place in Hierarchy Sorceror, or wizard. Either term in inprecise.
Equipment Dark Red staff, black wizard's hat, various oddments hidden on his person.
Other Information The Old Man has said only to Sir Dractor what they are after. Even Elwen in unaware. In their own kingdom, he is the most powerful known sorceror, but the kingdom is threatened by a Dark Lord, and he seeks to prevent the Dark Lord's minion, the Sorceror-King, from gaining it for his master.
Character's Looks: Quite tall, but rather boney and thin, with a short grey-white beard. (Pics for all the characters will be up if my Brickshelf account ever decides to let me upload.)
Class Hero, main character

Character's Name Sir Aethelred Dractor
Character's Age 40...ish
Character's Background Sir Dractor is a top-of-the-line warrior. He served his king and prince for twenty-some years before being conscripted by the Old Man to join him on his quest to the far and mysterious kingdoms of Classic Castle.
Character's Place in Hierarchy Properly termed a knight, prefers to be called warrior.
Equipment Black greatsword, Custom ovoid shield (see pic if I ever manage to get Brickshelf to upload my stuff), drk gry Euro armour, dark grey helmet with black visor and red plume.
Other Information Scarcely anyone knows precisely where Sir Dractor comes from. Which is how he planned it. Sir Dractor is rarely seen away from the Old Man, and would seem to be his protector, were it not for the fact that he can take care of himself quite easily. Sir Dractor has no horse, in spite of knightly appearance. His armour, while cumbersome, is lighter than it appears, thanks, he claims, to the superiority of the forger.
Character's Looks: Taller than most, broad in the shoulders. Has a black mustace and hair.

Character's Name Elwen dan Raleigh
Character's Age 27
Character's Background The daughter of nobility, trained in the military arts from an earlier age, Elwen has already been married and widowed. Not as skilled as Sir Dractor at weaponry, she can nonetheless take on most warriors of the day. She was asked to join the Old Man and Sir Dractor for reasons known only to the Old Man.
Character's Place in Hierarchy Duchess or Warrior
Equipment Light grey broadsword, Princess Storm armour (thanks for the stickers, Sava!), custom triangular shield, centurion helmet.
Other Information Forced to mature early by her family, as an only child, and sobered by her husband's early death, Elwen is the quietest and most reserved of the three, but the least experienced, and the most naive of the world's true nature.
Character's Looks: Average height. Fair-to great looking. Has brown hair, usually bound in a pony-tail.

Character's Name The Sorceror-King
Character's Age Believed to be about 50
Character's Background The king of the Dark Lord's most powerful vassal state, and a powerful sorceror in his own right.
Character's Faction No faction, allied with evil.
Character's Place in Hierarchy Vassal King.
Equipment Green firesword (lightsabre handle, and green fire aka.seeweed), golden crown, Fright Knight breastplate, black staff.
Other Information : The few people who know anything about the Sorceror-King's past prefer not to talk about him. He is a sorceror of less power than the Old Man, but his master has endowed him with many precious, and dangerous gifts. He is in competition with the Old Man to retrieve some powerful object from the Classic Castle kingdoms to return to his Dark Lord.
Character's Looks: Slightly taller than average. Once handsome, has a permanent sneer on his face (DRACO's).
Class Villain, main character

Character's Name Captain Jacques Broadside
Character's Age 34
Character's Background Formerly the mate on a Crusader man o' war, he now works on his own, as a self-styled privateer (unauthorised by the Crusader authorities, naturally), preying on rich merchant vessels from all other nations. He is rumoured to have buried treasure on one of the more remote islands to the south.
Character's Faction Loyal to the Crusaders, although they would prefer otherwise.
Character's Place in Hierarchy Seafaring Captain
Equipment Sabre, map, golden cup, and twenty-some barrels of the finest Black Knight wine.
Other Information Captain Jacques thought that he was just picking up another couple passengers when he agreed to ferry the Sorceror-King up the coastline. He was wrong.
Character's Looks: Somewhat shorter than average, with thick red-brown hair, and a missing eye. Quite broad across the chest however, and a keen fighter.
Class Neutral, supporting character

Sorry about the HUGE post, everyone, but I have been cruising through this forum for the last couple days, and I decided to take the plunge. (I was actually going to way until my son of a ShiftyBrick, Megabloks Brickshelf folder allowed me to upload, but that could take till next year, so I decided to just get on with it.) I doubt if I'll make more charactrs than these. Maybe some supporting or minor ones.

I'll start posting as soon as Nathan gives me the okay. :D
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

The Ballad of Wally Tompson

This land is noble's land, this land is knight's land
From gold Orion to the Falcon Islands
From Hemlock Fortress to the Vampyre waters
This land was made for Dukes and Kings.
Wow! Hey, now that I’ve got my own ballad you’re gonna have to let me in.

Seriously though, you guys are right about him not being castle. Then again that’s partially why I chose him. I mean, the inherent differences between a knight and a hippie are so immense that it can’t help but make for interesting stories. On the other hand if you do allow it, then who knows what could happen. You could end up getting people who want to time warp Hitler in, along with a battalion of Panzers. I don’t think any of us want that.
Maybe we need a new thread. “C-C Rollplay Discussion: Should hippies be allowed?” Um…maybe not.
Oh, and if you do kick the hippie out (as any knight in his right mind would) I do have some other “castle” characters waiting in line.
Here’s hoping (I would cross my fingers but it would disrupt my peace sign)
:D
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Great character and welcome Formendacil :P ! One last thing though- you must be part of an official Lego faction. Only the nations on the map are available, no Dark Lord kingdoms such. Perhaps your Dark Lord is ruler of the Fright Knights, and your Old Man and Dractor Holy Paladins of the Kaus Kausinium? This certainly isn't my call, but jsut making a friendly suggestion :) .

Oh my; I apologize, it seems I've misunderstood your info! They came from another kingdom. I feel so stupid! Please forgive me! :( Excellent characters and welcome Formendacil! Coincidentally, I was just going to ask you to join!
Last edited by Daimyo on Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

The Green Knight wrote:
The Ballad of Wally Tompson

This land is noble's land, this land is knight's land
From gold Orion to the Falcon Islands
From Hemlock Fortress to the Vampyre waters
This land was made for Dukes and Kings.
Wow! Hey, now that I’ve got my own ballad you’re gonna have to let me in.

Seriously though, you guys are right about him not being castle. Then again that’s partially why I chose him. I mean, the inherent differences between a knight and a hippie are so immense that it can’t help but make for interesting stories. On the other hand if you do allow it, then who knows what could happen. You could end up getting people who want to time warp Hitler in, along with a battalion of Panzers. I don’t think any of us want that.
Maybe we need a new thread. “C-C Rollplay Discussion: Should hippies be allowed?” Um…maybe not.
Oh, and if you do kick the hippie out (as any knight in his right mind would) I do have some other “castle” characters waiting in line.
Here’s hoping (I would cross my fingers but it would disrupt my peace sign)
:D
With some changes, your hippy can still be a hippy, just not in name, dress or appearance! Perhaps your fellow is a Troubadour who was born in the C.C. world rather than being time-transported, and still goes around singing Cat Stevens and pressing wild flowers! You see, the character himself has nothing rwrong wiht him, it's his backstory!
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Daimyo wrote:Great character and welcome Formendacil :P ! One last thing though- you must be part of an official Lego faction. Only the nations on the map are available, no Dark Lord kingdoms such. Perhaps your Dark Lord is ruler of the Fright Knights, and your Old Man and Dractor Holy Paladins of the Kaus Kausinium? This certainly isn't my call, but jsut making a friendly suggestion :) .

Oh my; I apologize, it seems I've misunderstood your info! They came from another kingdom. I feel so stupid! Please forgive me! :( Excellent characters and welcome Formendacil! Coincidentally, I was just going to ask you to join!
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Daimyo: you're one of the tougher critics to get by. Yes my characters (except for Broadside) are not native to CC, but they come from a medieval-type kingdom that is... somewhere out there. I intend to leave things vague as far as that is concerned, and no more characters should come from over there. Anyone else I create SHOULD be a native. Anyway, I thought that if a hippie was going to be permitted, then surely a different fantasy/medieval would be allowed.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea about how many Crusader ports there are? Either on the mainland or the colonies? Do any have names? :)
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Anyway, I thought that if a hippie was going to be permitted, then surely a different fantasy/medieval would be allowed.
You know nathen, he does have a point. Just look at all the complications you'll get into if you let me join.
Wait. What am I saying? Excuse me while I go shut myself up.

PS Cool guys Formendacil!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Thanks! I hope they're approved. Personally, I don't see anything to prevent it, but then, I'm not an admin, am I? :P
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Formendacil wrote:Thanks! I hope they're approved. Personally, I don't see anything to prevent it, but then, I'm not an admin, am I? :P
About the Crusader ports, they haven't been designated, but for future roleplay I've been appointed htta postition, so I guess I can make a few up right here. Alright; You can place these ports wherever in Crusader territory:
Liedenheim
Farburgh
Elwheat
Dederham.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:Sorry about the HUGE post, everyone, but I have been cruising through this forum for the last couple days, and I decided to take the plunge.
Welcome to the C-C Roleplay, Formendacil! Your character info has been uploaded:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... dacil.html

Feel free to star posting! Have you read the entire roleplay?
Formendacil wrote: I doubt if I'll make more charactrs than these. Maybe some supporting or minor ones.
Just remember, you can only have five Main Characters, ten Secondary Characters and any amount of Minor Characters!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Daimyo wrote:
Formendacil wrote:Thanks! I hope they're approved. Personally, I don't see anything to prevent it, but then, I'm not an admin, am I? :P
About the Crusader ports, they haven't been designated, but for future roleplay I've been appointed htta postition, so I guess I can make a few up right here. Alright; You can place these ports wherever in Crusader territory:
Liedenheim
Farburgh
Elwheat
Dederham.
Actually, there has been one port mentioned, but it hasn't been named. It's the port the Misfit hijack the ship Shadow from.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Yes, what could I call that one?
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Chancellor Erik, your two new characters have been added to your member page:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... rErik.html

Also, I have added two more characters to my page:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... eLEGO.html

Daimyo wrote:Yes, what could I call that one?
I don't care, just pick a name.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

For the after-war saga I'm planning, two new characters! Also Nathan, delete Firar!

Name: Jack Blackheart
Place in Heirarchy: Pirate Hunter
Faction: Black Knights
Bio: Jack is the captain of the corsair vessel Redscythe, and he's the closest a pirate hunter comes to a pirate himself. A boisterous and hearty fellow, he'll slap a mug of ale in your arms when he's not gutting some hapless buccaneer. A fierce and deadly fighter who likes gold-trimmed maroon coats and marooning mates for stealing gold. He's crossed swords with Crusader smugglers, battled with Fright Knight dromunds, and clashed with Black Falcon privateers.
Class: Supporting Character
Equipment: Gilded cutlass.

Name: Mahatmi Dibur
Place in Heirarchy: First Mate
Faction: Black Knights
Bio: No one knows exactly where the dark-skinned stranger Mahatmi is from, but it doesn't seem to matter. He's a mysterious stranger who could hit a dromund a hundred feet away with a ballistae and take down a mighty Sea Wyrm with one harpoon. Jack's first mate claims he's from Nehim Bay, but others speculate he's a Dragon Master nomad, but don't ever ask him to his face, or he'll spear you like a squid.
Class: Minor Character
Equipment: Bhuj, harpoon launcher.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:
Daimyo wrote:Yes, what could I call that one?
I don't care, just pick a name.
Actually, in my most resent post, I've confirmed that the name of that particular port is Farburg.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote: Welcome to the C-C Roleplay, Formendacil! Your character info has been uploaded:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... dacil.html

Feel free to star posting! Have you read the entire roleplay?
Formendacil wrote: I doubt if I'll make more charactrs than these. Maybe some supporting or minor ones.
Just remember, you can only have five Main Characters, ten Secondary Characters and any amount of Minor Characters!
Yup, I read each and every last post that was posted in the story. True, I probably missed half their content, but I think that I got all of the basic jist. I did skip over most of the older planning, I must confess.

Good thing I only created four major characters, eh? :P