Classic-Castle Roleplay: July

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:"It's simple actually," said the Sorceror-king. "As I am sure you are well aware, I have been sent by my master to retrieve an object of certain.... value for him. Now, it would be far more efficient and advantageous for me if I were to have a fighting force at my command. Say fifty to two hundred soldiers, somewhere in that range.
"I can see what you want," said Lord Void. "What do you have to offer?"
Grid: G-10

"Slaves." stated the Sorcerer-King simply.

Lord Void's eyes lit up.

"I have just resently captured a whole shipload of Crusaders, all simple-minded commoners. They are two hundred total."

"You still have the ship?" asked Lord Void eagerly,

"Yes,"

"That is most satisfactory..." mused Lord Void.

"I would also like...a small battle dragon, if that is possible."

Lord Void thought a moment. "Two hundred slave will get you one hundred and seventy five well trained-soldiers. If the ship is in prime condition, you can have your dragon. Do we have a deal?"
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Barbod focased on Faolin. The object of his hate. The man of his missary. He charged.
Faolin chuckled, sidesteping his charge. He jutted his sword out, slicing barbod's arm. His sheild fell to the floor.
"Bloody assasin!" Screamed Barbod, grabbing his arm in pain.
"Foolish Bull." Faolin smirked, "Is that all your vocabulary holds? 'Bloody assasin?' " He was breathing heavily. This battle was taking a toll on both of them.
Barbod spat blood, and as if on cue, the assassin lept. Barbod blunt-ended him with his spear, knocking him backwords.
As much as he hated the assassin, he had to admit he loved the fight. This was the challange of his life.
Again Barbod charged. Faolin slid to the ground, tripping the Bull-king. Barbod rolled to his feet, breathing heavily.
"You killed my father." Barbod said, "You killed my kingdom, my dreams, my LIFE!" He pulled a spear from a nearby Falcon's body, and threw it at the assassin. He followed his spear, charging with all his might.
Faolin was supprised at his non-barbarrick combat. He sidestepped the spear, but was clipped with barbod's spear.
'I'm a fool!' Thought Faolin 'I won't fall for it again!'
Barbod turned, hitting the assassin in the spine with the pole of his spear.
"Your good assassin." Barbod smiled, "Too good. You've won too many times. It's been too long scince you've taken a real hit. A real fall."
Faolin's eyes shot open. This was an insult to his honor. He was the best! He couldn't take it.
Barbod felt the sabre tear his flesh. It was on the same spot as his scar. The memory of his father shot into his head. His life was flashing before his eyes. An innocent child with an eyepatch. An old man and an elk. Falcons. Bulls. Pain.
It was too much for Barbod to take. He had to focas. Where was he?
His head cracked against the ground. So little time had passed. He had fallen to the ground.
Was it all a dream?
His vishion blurred. cleared. The assassin stood over him, sword poised, realdy to strike.
"Just like your father went." The assassin said. "Beg for your life, Bull. BEG!"
Where am I?
"BEG!!! Beg infront of all your men!"
Where is my spear?
The assassin raised his saber in both hands.
By my feet
Barbod now had his spear between his legs, sticking stright up. He kicked his spear. Hard and sure. It shot up, like a dart, striking Faolin in the back of the neck. His eyes went a milky white. He fell ontop of barbod, but rolled off. Barbod rose to his feet, and icked up his fallen spear. He breathed a sigh of relif.

Faolin, The Assassin, was dead.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Barbapple wrote:Barbod rose to his feet, and icked up his fallen spear. He breathed a sigh of relif.

Faolin, The Assassin, was dead.
The Falcons now fled. With the assassin dead and their forces depleated by enemies also flying the Black Falcon flag, they were demoralised and confused. They fled without a backward glance.

The other Falcons, Barbod, Jainess and the eight remaining Bulls cheered. They had won, barely.

The Lone Falcon approached the triumphant Barbod and asked, "Where too now, Lord Barbod?"
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

The Lone Falcon approached the triumphant Barbod and asked, "Where too now, Lord Barbod?"
Barbod spat up blood.
"To Isaac." Said Barbod. He went to the front of his man.
"We will march to Isaac. Leader of the forestmen. I have allys there, and they will give us refuge, defence, and possibly reenforcements."
"Din't ya' 'ear?" A Soldier spoke up, "Isaac is dead. The Forestmen now are 'eld in 'ee arms of a one-eard blaggard, named Bjarn."
Bjarn
There was a long scilence.
"Lord?" The lone Falcon asked.
"Bjarn." Barbod said simply.
"Cap'in?" A falcon asked
"What are we waiting for?" Barbod said, "Lets head out!"
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Grid - f10
Location - mining camp prison.

It was a hot day at the camp. The sun was glearing into Rartas sweat filled eyes, and his hands were hot. he continued smashing his picaxe on the small rocks. There was a slight crack, and a purple stone rolled from the rock, and stopped at Rartas feet. he stooped down carefully, and picked it up in his hand, and looked at it carefully.
DragonStone Jewel... he thought, and he slipped it into his pocket. he continued to smash his picaxe on the rocks.
"Come on you scum!" The supervisor shouted at the workers. Rartas arms were at the point of aching so much he could not wipe the sweat from his brow. he slumped to the floor, and recieved a sharp kick to his back.
"Get up!!" The supervisor shouted. rarta forced himself back mto his feet, and grabbed his pic. Rarta looked around. All the guards were reading the Gazette, and not paying attention.
rarta smashed at the rock, and the supervisor turned around. Rarta picked up his pic. He swung it into the supervisors leg, but wrapped a hankerchief around his mouth to stop him from shouting. The other workers looked on, stumpified.
"Help me then!" Rarta hissed.
No one stepped forward. Then one person stepped forward. he was big, and very tall. he wore a long brown jacket, and a very big bushy beard.
"I will help..." his gruff voice said.
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Do we have a deal?"
"I believe that that would be a most qualified yes," said the Sorceror-king.

"In that case, I will inform my generals to detach a company of my infantry to your command," said Lord Void. "The slaves and ship are?"

"Currently, they are situated in the desert near your border with the Royal Knights," the Sorceror-king informed him. "They are yours to pick up whenever you so desire."

"I believe our business is finished then," said Lord Void. "Shall I have the slaves prepare you a room?"

"No thank you," replied the Sorceror-king. "I will be off as soon as the soldiers are ready." He didn't say so out loud, but they both knew that it was wiser that way. It was dangerous for two evil magicians of their power to remain together too long, even allied.

"Then I bid you farewell," said Lord Void, and he turned to return to his rooms, and his problems. "It was a.... pleasure, doing business with you."

The Sorceror-king nodded, and they both left.
Darth Duck
Villein

Post by Darth Duck »

Simon Iadoraz didn't much care for horses. Retched, stinking creatures, in his opinion.

He had set out yesterday at noon in his horse drawn cart, accompanied by Blacky and Grey and three mercenaries he'd hired to scout ahead. Last night they'd gotten drunk and got themselves killed by a pack of rabid wolves.*

The small package was secure in his vest pocket. All in all everything was going well.

*The wolves meal of a lone Black Falcon didn't pacify them.

Joran was deep in conversation with a beautiful barmaiden at the Drunken Clam. He was telling her off his magnificent battle against the last Bull, which was, to put it bluntly, bull. But the barmaiden didn't know that, and even if she had, she wouldn't have cared, for she found "Jimmy Kirk" quite the ladies man. And Joran found her quite beautiful.

Which was why he was quite upset when he'd felt a hand on each shoulder.

"Long time no see, stranger." a familiar voice whispered in his ear.

The barmaiden siappeared and Joran turned on the bar stool. "Harald, George, lovely to see you. Care for a drink?"

"You're coming with us, Joran, Morgan, whatever you go by these days," Harald said.

"Tut, tut, I believe we're just a bit out of your jurisdiction, mes amis," Joran chided.

"Take it up with the executioner Joran," George stated.

"Don't you care about the package I delivered?" Joran asked.

George and Harald looked stunned. "You already delivered it? We thought Iadoraz was out of town."

"He left right after I gave it to him." Joran replied.

"You Megablocks of a man, do you have any idea what that was?" Harald hissed through his teeth.

"An old troll artifact or somesuch," Joran dissmissed.

"It was the Klach d'Kel Brakt the Heart of the Warrior, that little gem grants increased strength, speed and magical abilities to anyone who wields it 'round their neck." George said softly.

"Well, Tyco," joran said after a moment. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Well Joran, the three of us are going to stop Iadoraz at all costs, let's get going."
A man walks into a bar....

OUCH!
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

Legolas wrote:"Hey....Wait for me, ye' blasted elf...." Helmeir cried out as he leaped from the stone he was resting on and ran after Nevfang......
Grid: H-8

"There they are...." whispered Nevfang to his companion, pointing towards the group of Royal Knights. "Think we should ask nicely firs..... ?" Before he could finish speaking, Helmeir had already thrown a breaded axe towards one of the knights. Striking the knight in the back, who let out a loud scream as he hit the ground.....

"That's one......" chuckled Helmeir as he ran towards the remaining knights....

Drawing up his bow, Nevfang quickly pulled two arrows from his quiver and aimed them towards the knights, letting the arrows fly with little hesitation. Within the blink of an eye the arrows shot threw the air and hit their targets dead on......The first struck its victom in the shoulder, while the other hit a second knight in the neck.
"I do believe you thieves have something of ours and we're gonna get it back one way or another...." Nevfang stated unsheathing his blade and charging towards an unexpecting opponent. The knight quickly turned to face Nevfang barely drawing up his sword in time, with ungodly force their swords collided. Slowly the knight began to overpower him, until Nevfang jumped back and began to rethink his strategy.....The two men circled each other while staring into each others eyes like staring into their souls, until the knight lounged at Nevfang with a finishing strike, Nevfang quickly deflected the knights sword quickly spotting his opportunity Nevfang sent his blade in for the kill. With a strong *gasp* the knight fell to the ground.

"Where is the scroll ??" Nevfang asked the knight lifting him up by his collar, the knight tried to reply but all he could do was spit up blood..."SPEAK !!!!" Nevfang continued throwing the knight to the ground.

"Easy lad, I found the scroll, it was on the captian.." Helmeir stated, dragging Nevfang off the dead knight....

"Good, we need to get this scroll to Nevtalath, let's take their horse's they won't be needing them." Nevfang replied.

"Aye, let's be off....wait one more thing..." Helmeir paused, searching the knights...."Hmm, they won't be needin' this either..." he continued finding a pouch on one of the knights.

"Put that back, we're not thieves...." Nevfang stated in a harsh voice...

"I'm not stealin' it, I see it as payment for havin' to hunt these blasted knight's down for that scroll..." argued Helmeir.

"Hmm, good point, come on let's get to Maranor, first one there buy's the drinks." grinned Nevfang riding off.

"Hey....thats not fair, I'm not on my horse yet, Ye' blasted elf...." Helmeir cried out, trying to climb onto his horse....*Dwarven Cursing*....Finally mounting his horse he road off after Nevfang....
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

Barbapple wrote:"What are we waiting for?" Barbod said, "Lets head out!"
"Go do what you want, but i thoght you were like your dad. Din't he teach you when to fight and when to run?" she asked him.

"Bulls don't run!" Barbod yelled at her.

"Then I guess your dad wasn't a bull!" She turned and started to walk away.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

jamitjames wrote:"Go do what you want, but i thoght you were like your dad. Din't he teach you when to fight and when to run?" she asked him.

"Bulls don't run!" Barbod yelled at her.

"Then I guess your dad wasn't a bull!" She turned and started to walk away.
The Lone Falcon looked at the young female Bull. She seemed to dislike anything Barbod did. He stepped forward.

"Lord Barbod has no army, he has to land, he has no people. If the Bulls attacked the other Black Falcons now, thye would be obliterated almost instantly. A general has to make hard choices when to fight and when to run and regroup. This time is now. It is not dishonerable plan your attack and lick your wounds if it means the difference between victory and defeat. I believe Lord Barbod is making a wise choice."

"Aye, let us go to the Forestmen!" agreed a Bull.

"Yes, let's" shouted another.

"We shall proceed to the Forestmen." Barbod commanded firmly, "If you don't like it, go and join the bloody Falcons!" he added to the female Bull.

The Bulls and Falcons left, leaving the disruptive female behind.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Fire breathing fortress

reno slipped through the shadows. He had to escape. he had heard the 2 dark wizards muttering about slaves, but couldnt understand everything.
"And you!" Void shouted at reno. he looked at him.
"WhO SaId YoU CoUlD MoVe!!?" He shouted more than asked. He clicked his fingers, and a vile goblin limped over to Reno, and dilivered a quiick kick to renos leg. Reno drew his sword, and plunged it into the goblin. He ran down the corridor, and the walls seemed to follow him. A bat flew down from the roof and covered Renos eyes.
Reno slipped and stumbled, and fell through the front door, stood, and ran, without looking back.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Grid - f10. slave mining camp.

The large fellow crunched his hand together into a ball, and hut the supervisor in the chest, knocking him clean off his feet, and knocking him out cold.
"!! Halt !!" A guard shouted, and he drew a large stick. Rarta picked up a picaxe, and threw it at the guard, it flew through the sky, and met the guards arm. Another guard came, but the big guy kicked the guard away with ease.
"Go!" Rarta shouted, and he ran into the guards office. The bug guy ran off towards the gates of the mining camp. The large metal gates creaked open, after Rarta had opened the Gates from the guards office. Rarta picked a sword from the sword stand, and grabbed a spear. Rarta and the big fella were out.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Now... lets have a look at this dragon...
Grid H-10
Location… Near the edge of the Neverwood the forest.

Gib picked up one of the swords and walked over to the dragon. He stood there for a moment puzzling over what he had just heard.

"You let me worry about him. When we get out of these woods we'll head strait to crusader land and collect our reward. With that and the loot we stole we'll be living like kings."
"Well it's enough for me that we're out of dragon lands. I hate dragons. The sooner we get rid of this big lizard the better."

"Were they talking about you?" Gib aloud. The dragon didn't look like it would be worth any reward. Aside from its immense size it was nothing to look at. Especially now, as it lay on the ground gasping for air.

"He must have been a slave dragon." Gib thought. "One used for mining." He had heard of such things. Still, why should he help this overgrown serpent? Was it not a dragon who had taken Gart from him? Gib looked at the dragon again. Its eyes were rolled back in its head and a dark ribbon of dragon blood was trickling from its mouth. Gib recoiled. If there was one thing he hated more then dragons it was dragon blood. Griffin flew off again but Gib didn't care. Slowly he knelt beside the dragon and reaching across its head he whispered in the dragon's ear.
"Now you dragon, calm your fire and hear my words. Your race owes me a great debt. A debt that no dragon save one can repay. Yet, somehow I am moved by a compassion that comes from whence I cannot fathom. Therefore take your vile freedom and leave."

And with that Gib swung the sword high and broke the collars at the latch.

What happened next was the most horrible, rasping, sputtering, chugging, gargling, rattling sound you ever heard. The dragon was inhaling. Gib didn't know if the noise came from the beast's throat or from the muzzle but he didn't have time to think about it because the dragon was thrashing and jerking about like it was on fire. Gib barely moved back in time to keep from getting hit by the tail. He wasn't as young as he used to be.

When the dragon finally stood up, his muzzle and pack were gone. The dragon whirled around and glared at them. There was smoke in its nostrils and fire in its eyes, like a dog who had been beat all its life and now had its chance for revenge. Gib stood with his sword at the ready, (even if he didn't know how to use it ) and with Grizzle at his back.

The dragon drew in it's breath. It was about to make a fire ball, but than it stopped. It starred at Gib for a second as though he knew him. Then Gib remembered... This was the same dragon who had attacked Gart and him back in that clearing all those years ago.

"You!" He screamed.
He wanted to destroy the vile beast but before he could charge there was a screech and suddenly Griffin darted through the clearing.

Then came another cry, but this was further back in the forest and this one came from a dragon.
Last edited by The Green Knight on Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Two voices there had been. The deep, rough voice of Biirn, the inn keeper and the smooth, yet worried voice of Mac the Magician.

Two years it had been, but Thenais could still remember the exact words...
Grid J-10
Location... The capitol of Classic LEGOland.

"Is he dead?" said the worried voice

"No, look he's moving."said another.

"Where...Were am I?"

"Why you're in the capitol. Are you all right sir?" It was the deep voice again.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" said the first.

"What? I can't see. Where's the light?"

"But there's all kinds of light."

"Oh, stow it Mac. Now sir, can you see anything?"

"No. No, I can't see anything. I can't see. I'm blind. I'm blind!"

"Now calm down sir. You need to tell us where you're from."

"What?"

"Well it's obvious that you're a knight but your shield has no device and you weren't with a battalion. Where's your home?" do you have any family or relatives?"

"I...I can't remember. I can't remember anything."

"Well good work Magician, you've just made a beggar out of this fine knight."

"Oh dear." said the worried voice "I crave your pardon sir knight."

"Why? What happened? Have you laid a curse on me wizard?"

"Oh I'm not a wizard, nor a magician in the strictest sense, but...um. Well, one of my fireworks misfired you see and... Well, you were in the way apparently. Once again I am dreadfully sorry."

Now the deeper voice spoke again. "The light is what blinded you I shouldn't wonder and this crack on your head would seem to be the cause of your memory loss. But don't you worry, Mac and me will see that this happening is noised abroad and if you have a family, as it would seem you must, they will without a doubt come for you and take you home. Until then, you're welcome to stay here in my inn. You have plenty of money on you so no trouble there and if you don't mind I think I'll call a leech for your cut."

The leech came of course, but as Thenais sat there, looking back on that day he couldn't help thinking that it had been the only thing that had gone as planed. Weeks past and by the time that his money ran out, it was obvious that no one would come for him. About then, Thenais began to think he wasn't a noblemen at all. More likely, he thought, was that he had been a wandering adventurer. Thenais still thought this and that was partially why he had been so cross with Walf earlier. Bad things can happen on an adventure. Thenais was proof.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: E-2

Sir Dractor strode into the fishing village late in the evening. He had seen no soldiers since his battle, but the village was full of them.

He waited until the patrol had passed, and then slipped by them, and into the small town.

The warrior made his way to the docks, and found himself a place to hide near them. Once the sun had finished setting, he made his way out, and selected a small fishing vessel for his use.

Sir Dractor would have preferred to pay for the boat, but the presence of the soldiers made that nearly impossible, and he had to escape Crusader territory eventually, if only because he didn't want to fight for the rest of his life.

The boat he selected was a single-masted, one-man craft; well-built, and sleek-looking. The fisherman who owned it was probably well-off, and Sir Dractor hoped, would be able to afford the loss.

He was just cutting the mooring rope, and preparing to slip out of the harbour, when the patrol walked by. It was just his bad luck to have them catch sight of him. Slashing the rope, and lowering his oars, he began to row, clearing the harbour, even as the Crusaders piled into a ship behind him.