Classic-Castle Roleplay: July

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Classic-Castle Roleplay: July

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Greetings, Roleplayers!

Additions to the coninuing epic should be posted here. Any questions and comments regarding the CCRP should be posted to this thread.

Thanks and let the adventure continue!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: P-12

"All hands on deck!" cried Captain Broadside, taking the helm from his mate. The Sorceror-king stepped in.

"Prepare to board that vessel!" he ordered. "Take them alive, but kill any that attempt to thwart you. Stand by to take control of that ship."

Broadside's crew, a generally unscrupulous mix of sailors from all the lands, looked at their captain in surprise. His devotion to his homeland was well-known, and he had never given the orders to attack a Crusader vessel before. But they saw his terrified glances at the Sorceror-king, and being wary of the strange passenger already, made no comment.

Broadside's ship, the Bombardier, drew up behind the slower Crusader vessel, arrows flying from the archers. The Crusaders attempted to retaliate, but they were caught at unawares, and being mainly a passenger vessel, between Crusader land and the Fell Isle, they were poorly armed. The Bombardier drew up alongside, and most of her crew swung over, cutlasses at ready.

The fighting was short. Soon, the captain and his officers were dead, and the crew and passengers tied up in the hold. All two hundred of them. The Sorceror-King, Captain Broadside, and a third of the crew transfered over to the captured vessel. Broadside's mate was left in command of the Bombardier.

"Excellent," said the Sorceror-king to the captain. "Now put us back on course towards Dragon Master territory. I have what I need."

Not daring to argue, Broadside did.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Grid: G-2 Loc: Leidenheim

A man sat on a barrel in a dank alleyway. He wore a faded and gnarled calf-length coat, and a faded green-grey tricorn was placed over golden-white hair that fell both over his long face and semi-pointed ears. He raised his head to reveal sea-green eyes, and then darted off. A Crusader detachment chased down the alley after him. The half-elf pulled two shurikens from his belt and tossed them at the pursuers.
"Tyco night watch," he cursed, "Always getting in the way..."
He quickly turned the corner and stood with his back to a wall. All the Crusaders but one went the other way; the elf promptly stabbed the one who didn't. The elf walked into the nearby building, an old-looking Tudor two-story.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: E-3

Sir Dractor lost the Crusader soldiers with relative ease. By himself, he could move fastly and quietly, surprising as it was for a big man in armour.

He began planning his next move. Eventually, he had to rejoin the Old Man. They planned to meet in the Royal Knight provincial capital of Kingston, once the Old Man and Elwen had retrieved whatever the Mud it was they were after, and once Sir Dractor could make his way there.

To do so, he intended to make his way to a fishing village, and buy, borrow or steal a one-man fishing vessel, and then sail to Kingston.

The only problem was the Crusaders, and Sir Dractor wasn't very worried about them.

He set off in a new direction, north, and was making good time. Then he walked into a clearing, and all around him were Crusader soldiers.

He had walked into their camp.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

"SHUT UP!!" Dale shouted at luxus. Luxus ran towards Rosa, and hid in her arms. Reno drew his sword, and pointed it at Dale.
"Leave it out" Reno said gruffly. Reno sat down next to Bjarn, and sheathed his sword.

Dale stomped off into the woods, and Shainya followed. Aros, Luxus, Rosa, Rodurik, Alex, Willem, Graygon and Marcus stared. Bjarn was no longer smiling.

Reno said nothing.

Bjarn stood up. He left Reno and the rest of the group and walked into the woods by himself. He had to think, and he could not let the current love triangle distract him. He was now leader of the League Of Forestmen, and his duty was to his people he now ruled and protected. He had to leave. Now.

------------------------

Dale sat on a fallen log, stroking the wooden length of his guitar. He sighed. He had never, ever wanted to kill someone...but today...

...he hated Reno...

...megabloks Reno...

MEGABLOKS HIM!!!

Dale's anger subsided. Feelings of anger, jealousy, fear and love boiled about in his brain. Love....

...Shainya...

Ever since he had seen her...he had loved her....but did she love him..?

Did she...?

Dale looked up. Shainya approached. She sat down on the log and took his hand.

"Dale..." she said, "Do not be angry. Reno is a good person, and so are you. I feel for both of you..but..."

She leaned forward and kissed him.

"You saved my life, I would be dead if it was not for you, so thank you."

She kissed him again, and then stood up and left. Dale sat, stunned, joy well up from inside.

Neither of them saw Reno, peering through the bushes.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Grid: N-10

Majisto had been traveling for days, still appearing to be a young peasent boy. He had had little luck finding any information about this troublesome Reno, and he was getting disgruntled and he was hungry. He wandered about the streets and approached a person passing by.

"Please sir," Majisto asked politly in his boyish voice, "Might you be able to tell me where I could find a place to eat?"

The man smiled and pointed down the street. "There's a fine place right down there, laddie. Great food and cheap too."

Majisto thanked him and soon had eaten his fill. He left the tavern and wandered the streets again until he came upon a building that had recently been burnt to the ground. Men were carrying away the burnt tembers and gathering up the ash in buckets. Majisto was about to turn away when a notice posted on a nearby building caught his eye. It read:

WANTED:
A wanderer who goes by the name 'Reno', for hijacking the ship Winter Sparrow and for burning down the Broken Mast Inn. Has eyepach and is considered armed.

DEAD or ALIVE

REWARD: 2,000 coins

Along this notice were others wanted were a one-eared Forestman, two Wolfpack rogues, a bearded man of the Bulls, and a Falcon soldier.

Majisto turned to another person looking at the notices and asked. "Were was this Reno fellow seen last, sir?"

The man looked down a shrugged. "They say he blew up the Broken Mast and dissapeared underground and escaped to the isle across the Fell Sea, but that's just gossip."

Majisto walked away. At last, he had something to go on.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:She kissed him again, and then stood up and left. Dale sat, stunned, joy welling up from inside.

Neither of them saw Reno, peering through the bushes.
Shainya began to walk back to the camp when a scream of rage ripped through the air. She ran back to where Dale was to find Reno crash through the bushes and draw his sword. Dale raised his guitar for protection, Reno's blade cleaved the instument in two. Dale kicked Reno in self-defence just as Shainya threw herself between them, crying "No!! Stop, please!!"

Bjarn heard Reno snarl. He turned about and darted toward the source of the scream, Willem, Graygon and Aros hard on his heels.

A flash of light errupted from nowhere and Majisto appeared, no longer in the shape of a boy, powerful staff swishing through the air. He blasted Shainya away with a wave of magic and stunned Reno with another wave. Shainya was thrown ten feet and slammed into a tree, instantly blacking out. Dale, seeing this, snatched Reno's fallen sword and thrust at the wizard and missed. Majisto wrenched the sword from Dale's hand and twisted the blade inward, skewering Dale. Majisto grabbed Reno by the collar and vanished seconds before Bjarn, Willem, Graygon and Aros entered the clearing.

"Tyco!" Bjarn swore, and bent a knee to examine the stricken Dale while Willem and Graygon gingerly examined Shainya. Aros stared at the sword in Dale's chest, agast.

"That's....that's Reno's sword..." he whispered.

Bjarn groaned and stood, a tear glistening in his eye. "Dale's dead."
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: E-2

Sir Dractor looked around at the soldiers. They hadn't seen him coming, and remained sitting for a second. Then they began to move at him. Before any had come near him, he dropped his visor, unsheathed his greatsword, and lifted his shield into a defensive position.

The Crusaders moved in to attack. They were a detachment of spearmen, none but the captain had a sword, none at all had a bow.

There were more than twenty of them. It would be a short fight.

Sir Dractor pitied them.

The great warrior charged into their midst, silvery blade glinting with the dying sunlight. Almost every stroke felling a man. The captain tried to regroup his men, but they were in terror of the tall warrior, and took none of the proper defensive measures.

Soon, they had all fled, or lay on the ground, groaning in agony. Only two had died, careless men who he had been forced to kill.

Slowly, deliberately, Sir Dractor resheathed his sword, and departed from the clearing.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Leidenheim.

The elf calmly strode into the building. The place was filled with smoke. Shields hung on the walls, intricately carved wooden boards held extravagant swords. The Leidenheim mercenary guild. The elf smiled as a ruddy-faced man walked up to him.
"The Light guide you, Thomas. Where is my client?"
"Just arrived, Searil. He's through those doors... In the Opium Lounge."
"Ah, a destroyer*, eh? I'll be with him soon."
Searil shoved open the doors. A man dressed in flowing red robes with gold trim was reclined on the floor. He had piercing black eyes and weathered skin, typical of a Dragon Master. He wore a crimson headress bound by a gold band. and was smoking a long pipe, surrounded by comfortable looking couches.
"Prince Hadadar. What do you ask of me?"
"Mr. Chordate, are you aware of the King of the Dark Forest."
"Very much aware. He's an arrogant war-mongerer, if that's what you mean."
"Yes. And much more."
"Go on."
"He's a heretic and a monster. Mr. Chordate, Radjar Kath is a vampire."
"Servant of Shaitan..."
"A rare breed of Tiger Vampire, found in my home province of Mougidishaar. He is a White Tiger Vampire of the Shikozu range. And I want you to kill him."
"How much are you willing to pay?"

*Old Term for Opium Addict.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:"Tyco!" Bjarn swore, and bent a knee to examine the stricken Dale while Willem and Graygon gingerly examined Shainya. Aros stared at the sword in Dale's chest, agast.

"That's....that's Reno's sword..." he whispered.

Bjarn groaned and stood, a tear glistening in his eye. "Dale's dead."
This news hit Aros like a hammer blow. Willem and Graygon looked up sharply, agast. Just then, Rodurik, Rosa, Marcus, Alex and Luxus entered the clearing. Rosa took one look at Dale's body, wheeled about, covered Luxus's eyes and marched him away.

"What happened here?" asked Rodurik in his booming voice.

It was a moment before Bjarn could speak.

"Reno....has...killed...Dale..." he stuttered, faultered.

"He couldn't!" Aros shouted, "HE COULDN'T!! Not my brother Reno! He would never kill Dale!"

Shainya sturred. Before anyone could shield her, she glimpsed Dale's body with Reno's sword sticking in it and let out a wail. Graygon and Marcus knelt beside her, saying nothing, just supporting her as she sobbed. No one said anything, until Rodurik looked around and asked

"So where is this Reno now? Has he fled?"

Willem quickly moved about, searching for clues of Reno's departure. He found the place where Reno had hidden, spying on Shainya and Dale, but nothing else.

Willem returned and shrugged. "He has disapeared. There is no trace of him."

Bjarn drew Reno's blade from the lifeless Dale and wiped it one the grass. He laid the sword to one side and Alex offered his cloak. Bjarn took it and wrapped it around Dale. He then placed the two halves of the guitar on top of the bundle. They all stood in silence, save for Shainya's wailes, in honor of their fallen friend.

Shainya stopped crying at last, and by unspoken consent every left her alone. After a while, she crept forward quietly and caressed the handle of severed guitar.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Somewhere in the forest.

Renos head exploded. The deep wound from that idiot dales hidden knife stung his sides.
The black mage had appeared, and attempted to kill dale. Reno had leapt in front, and dale had lunged forward, tearing at Reno. The dark wizard used his dark powers to use reno, and stab Dale.
"hahhahah!! my master will be mighty pleased!" Lightining thundered above.
"Now! the pendant!" He screamed. A small eagle flew above, a small arrow in his mouth... Reno knew what this meant.
"You can have my pendant.... never!" Reno shouted, and he threw his unarmed self at the wizard. A bolt hit him in the chest, and caused him to drop to the floor.
reno gasped for air.
"Hahahaha..." Reno said in a vile tone. Is that all you have Wizard? reno thought to himself.
Reno... A voice said into Renos head. Renoi stood, he could here the mage laughing. Reno stood very still...

Aros heard a mighty blast, that shook the ground. Abeam of light shot high into the sky, and small glowing jems slowly showered down. The howls of deathers could be heard ringing out...

Keles, the recently elected commander of the League of forestmen recieved the new of Bjarn
"WE MUST SERVE OUr leader!!" h shouted.
"Jjal, gather all the forestmen you can."

Reno lay motionless on the floor. He bagan to twitch. An arrow whistled through the air. A pop was heard, and then the clanging of armour. renos senses came back to him. he stood. Bjarn was there, looking younger than usual. behind him was 30 forestmen, Bjarn at there front.
"Charge!! Fire!!" he shouted. Reno have never seen this side of Bjarn. Bjarn was a natural leader.

(EDIT : the blast was renos, and not the deathers... expained later. Also, Majisto has fled. Unless someone wants to use him... feel free :D)
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

“Hold up for a moment.” The taller man said suddenly. “I think I’ve got a stone in my boot.”

~
Grid H-10
Location… Near the edge of the Neverwood the forest.

"I don't like it," said the small knight "I tell you I don't like it."

"Ah quit your whining." The first one said. "We'll be out of these woods before you know it."

"Says you. For all we know we may never get out and what about your brother. What if he's still following us."

"You let me worry about him. When we get out of these woods we'll head strait to crusader land and collect our reward. With that and the loot we stole we'll be living like kings."

"Well it's enough for me that we're out of dragon lands. I hate dragons. The sooner we get rid of this big lizard the better."

Now the tall knight with the eye patch chuckled. "Of course you would be born into a dragon masters family. How ironic."

"What are you laughing for? That's why you're leaving too isn't it?"

"Oh I don't mind the dragons so much but I didn't have much of a future there with my brother taking all the credit for my work. Luckily for us my brother, cursed be his name, is afraid of these woods and that is why I chose this route."

"Yeah, well it's a shame that his wings were shredded. We could have flown out."

"What! I thought you hated dragons."

"I do. But I am beginning to hate this forest more."

"Well then we best get a move on." the taller man said standing up.

Just then the dragon raised it's head.

"It must smell us!" thought Gib and he may have been right, but judging by the fiery look in the dragon's eye he had more then just Gib on his mind.

Suddenly the dragon charged at the two knights, who both dove to a different side of the road in an attempt to pull the choke collars tight. The dragon was too quick for this, however and grabbed each one of the chains with one of his scaly hands. Then, before anyone could think, the dragon spun quickly, throwing the men into the air.

The tall man with the eye patch flew right over Gib's head and landed in the bushes behind. The smaller man had a better grip on his chain however and landed on the road. He had barely hit the road before the dragon started running, and run he did, dragging the dragon master right over a pitfall and then... Then he was stopped short.

The small knight had managed to keep a hold of his sword though it all and this he had stabbed though a chain link and into the ground, thus bring the dragon to a quick halt. Now the dragon lay there, gasping for air.

"Why you filthy little .." The scarred knight was up again and he was furious. Cursing, he ran at the dragon. Gib had never been too fond of dragons but he couldn't help feeling sorry as he watched the knight beat the dragon unmercifully with his sword.

Just then he was startled by a noise behind him. He whirled around just in time to block a sword blow with his staff. It was the leader.
"Hold, Marus. To me. We are ambushed." he cried. Gib looked about franticly. Where was Grizzle? This wasn't the first time the bear had wandered off. Of course the animals weren't Gib's pets and could do what they liked. The bear must have wandered off while Gib wasn't paying attention.

"Why did he have to go looking for berries now?" Gib thought. The dragon master delt another blow which was barely turned aside by Gib. He never had been much of a fighter and since he had been caught in his hiding place he already had the disadvantage of being down on his back. Still, his was made of ironwood and didn't break. Then there were two of them. The smaller man had come to help his partner and Gib knew that he couldn't fight them both.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

And with that Thenais shouldered his pack, turned, and headed back down the street.
Grid J-10
Location... The capitol of Classic LEGOland.

When Thenais returned to his tent he found there was someone waiting for him.

“Eh, who’s there?” He said as he heard the noises of someone getting up.

“It’s me, Thenais.” A voice said.

“Well if it isn’t Walf. How are you lad? I’ve not seen you in a while.”

“Ah, but you haven’t seen me at all Thenais.”

“Ha ha. Too true, too true.”

“Oh, I’ve been doing alright, Though I’m afraid I’ve been too busy to listen to stories lately. Actually the main reason I came was to bring you the news.”

“Oh, what news is that?”

“Only today we received news that the fell war is over.”

"My, well that is glad news and now I know why I've had but two visitors today."

"Yes, the whole city came to the sqaure to here the news"

“Bah! Defoe was a fool. He should have learned from that Breck fellow. He tried to set up his own kingdom and look what happened to him. Beheaded while he was sleeping, and some say by the same man he hired to kill the bull king.”

“Oh, that reminds me, today at tavern I overheard a crusader say that the crusaders had turned up again.”

“Really?”

“Well he said that when he left the sheriff and his men were marching out to surround the Inn that they were at but I’ll bet that they escaped. You know I’ll bet that there’s would be a great story for you to tell.”

“I don’t think so Walf. You see the stories that I tell are about courage and heroism and the heroes are men of character and valor.”

“What! But The Misfits are valiant. They risked their lives to save their friend from pirates and then again when some of them were captured in the Second Kingdom of Knights.”

“Yes, but they stole a crusader ship in the process. Not only that but when the Crusaders went to bring them to justice they turned around and slaughtered the whole crew. And as to the other misadventure, I heard they killed so many knights that they crippled the Second Kingdom’s army. It seems to me that they should have an army of families pursuing them in vengeance.”

“But they were going to be hung!” said Walf, his voice raising in defiance.

“Now see here Walf.” Said Thenais in a stern voice. “Don’t talk to me that way. I may be a beggar but I am still your elder. Now... perhaps you are right about these misfits. After all who knows how true these reports are. Still I don’t want you idolizing that kind of life. Trust me, your life here in the city is better off then any wanderer’s, no matter how adventurous their life may be.”

“Well, I should be going now. I guess I’ll come back tomorrow if there is any more news.”

“Are you sure you don’t have time for a story?”

“I better go. See you latter Thenais.”

Thenais listened as Walf walked away down the street. He hated to leave it like that. Walf hadn’t stormed off but it hadn’t been a happy parting exactly. Well, there wasn’t any thing he could do about it, he told himself. And he started unpacking the food
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: D-3

Elwen and the Old Man had reached the fourth ravine from the south with little or no difficulty.

"What are we looking for anyway?" asked Elwen, almost irritiably.

"I have no idea," answered the Old Man. "But I would guess some ancient monument. Presumably a statue or a pillar, or the remnant of a building. Whatever it is, it should have writing on us that will inform us where to find the next step on our search for the weapon."

"I hope its on the larger side,"said Elwen. "It it's small, it could take forever. This is a more than larger enough valley."

"It does go a ways in, now doesn't it," agreed the Old Man agreeably. Leading the way, he carefully led them on their way further down into the the ravine, farther west.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Majisto wasn't defeated yet. He summoned more Deathers and charged at Reno. Fool boy! thought Majisto, I already have his pendant, it's HIM I want!

Bjarn and the others were still retreating from the spot Dale lay when suddenly several figures stepped out from the cover of trees. Bjarn drew his sword, but then noticed the Elk Crest imprinted on one of the person's shields. They approached Bjarn, and all three of them bowed. One of the figures had tattoos all over his face, and he now spoke.

"Bjarn, I am Gonderin. I had come to you bearing great news. Your cousin Isaac, Leader of the League of Forestmen, has died. This means you, Bjarn, now bear the weight of leadership upon your shoulders. You are the new Leader of the League of Forestmen!"

The other two men on either side of Gonderin cheered, and so did two score other Forestmen and women hidden in the trees.

Bjarn could not say anything for a long time, for the death of Dale and Reno's disapearence still troubled him greatly. At last he said, standing tall,

"I accept."

The Foresters cheered again, but it was cut short by an explotion that ripped through the air.

Deathers appeared from nowhere and charged the group.

"STAND YOUR GROUND!" Bjarn shouted, "FORM A CIRCLE! GIVE THOSE DEATHERS MEGABLOKS!"

The Foresters obeyed. Bjarn was a natural leader. They formed a circle and began firing into the ranks of the oncoming Deathers, arrows whizzing like angry bees.

Aros, protected within the circle, looked up into the sky. High above them, he saw Reno battling a person clothed in blue and wielding a staff. As Aros watched, the wizard blasted Reno with such power his staff shattered, and bits of crystal fell like rain. The wizard clutched Reno to him and vanished in a flash of light, taking the Deathers with him.

Bjarn grimly surveyed the battlefield. Three Forestmen had died, but any Deathers that might have been killed had vanished. He was about to give an order when Aros ran forward, clutching several fragments of crystal.

"I know where Reno has gone!"

Majisto teleported back to the Fire Breathing Fortress, were he threw Reno into a jail that was sealed with anti-escape charms. Reno was trapped for now.