Mount & Blade: Warband

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Velliscig
Artisan

Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by Velliscig »

If you haven't tried this game yet, and are a great fan of medieval combat and feudalism, downloading this is imperative. The game's story-line is dynamic and malleable, allowing you to freely rise from commoner to king (and then back again, if you so recklessly choose), and allows the building of your own army, management of cities and castles, etc. The graphics are incredible, imo, and one of the highlights of combat is the ability to fight on horseback. I found the game to be like a combination of M2TW and WoW.

Check it out now! :tasty:
Throndor
Freeman
Location: Wherever it is they haul off the criminally insane to.

Re: Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by Throndor »

I found this game to be quite fun for single player; however, I found that the multiplayer was, for the most part, a mad free-for-all with a bunch of dudes playing as women wearing nothing but underwear (I dunno if that part was all bad) (well, since it was mostly guys playing, maybe). It reminds me of an oldish game called Feudalism, which was one of my favorite online games. Combat is quite refreshing compared to the usual, say, Elder Scrolls game, which is mostly hack/slash (which I admit I like a lot, hacking is fun, slashing is better) and since there is a free DEMO download available from steam (which includes a good portion of the game) I would recommend trying that first. I, for one, have gotten about 150 hours out of it, which I feel is about the ceiling for a game like that before it gets redundant. FYI, my local Half-Price Books had a copy for $8 (I know, weird).
If I were to make something out of LEGOs, I would probably use LEGOs. Pretty advanced stuff going on up in my head.
LordLiam98
Serf

Post by LordLiam98 »

I've played WoW before (don't really care for it), the combat is nothing like WoW. The single player is fun but eventually does become redundant but you can make it fun again by creating another character and going on rampages against Innocent villagers or just try new tactics, tricks, or weapons. Personally I think the multiplayer is fun, my favorite is siege. The free-for-all's are kind of annoying, but I find Siege as a fun, semi teamwork game mode. I would recommend this game to an medieval fan.
HOMEYFRIEND#2

Look at my arrow, now at the target, now back to my arrow. You didn't have to turn your head.
Throndor
Freeman
Location: Wherever it is they haul off the criminally insane to.

Post by Throndor »

:) Liam's the one who has the copy I got for $8 at HPB. Anyway, I agree that this game is nothing like WoW, considering the campaign is all AI and there aren't any of those annoyingly redundant fetch quests. Saying it's like M2TW is a stretch, considering you are actually a person, soldiers are not in units, and it is much more focused on actual medieval life rather than being a god-like all-seeing eye, which I enjoy as well. There really isn't a game much like it, unless you count an extremely modded Oblivion. Always a good time.
If I were to make something out of LEGOs, I would probably use LEGOs. Pretty advanced stuff going on up in my head.