Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
josdu
Gentleman

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Post by josdu »

BTW I think that I would like it if I could keep Navarre's story in just one place and keep adding on rather than linking the old ones to the one I'm posting. Is there a way to do that and keep the topic near the top as well as being viewed :? ? If not could we make a way?
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Just start a new thread called, "Navarre's Story" or something like that, and add to it as you make new MOCs and write new bits of the story.

You could do that either by editing the first post (so that people can use the comments below to, well, comment), or you could reply to your own topic with story updates.

It won't stay near the top unless it is active, but you can "subscribe" to it or copy the link and save it somewhere for future recall in case your topic gets bumped down and temporarily lost.

I also want to remind people that when adding your images to the LCC Flickr group (or any of the faction groups, for that matter) please be sure to limit it to one picture per MOC in the pool. If people want to see more of that MOC, they can click on the picture to get to your additional photos.

Thanks.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
David .
Gong Farmer

Post by David . »

Can Loreos be reopened, now that it's even with Garheim and Outlaws?
SSchmidt
Merchant

Post by SSchmidt »

Based on Bronx's studious work a few days ago, it was established that the Outlaws and Garheim only have 18 active members while Lenfald has 23. Loreos has 28 active members. No members have joined any faction since those results were posted.

Based upon that the the factions clearly are still not even. They are quite a bit apart. It may not seem like a big deal to some, but the poor outlaws don't stand any chance in any GC with the total this way.

Of course I am not on the KC, but I strongly voice my opinion that Loreos and Lenfald stay closed for now.
PSN: SSchmidt-
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/copy_of_lionhearttorso.jpg[/img]
[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2807/9561546705_8f26947042_o.jpg[/img]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

We are carefully monitoring the number of active members in each faction and Lenfald and Loreos will remain closed until the numbers become more balanced.

Both Garheim and Outlaws offer many of the same opportunities that Lenfald and Loreos do, so if you're ready to sign up, I wholeheartedly suggest you join up with one of the two currently open factions :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

Post by royalbrickcustoms »

When is the coronation feast and GC5?
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
~Phil. 4:13

[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=RBCustoms]Royal Brick Customs Shop (Bricklink)[/url]
David .
Gong Farmer

Post by David . »

Alrighty... I'm just anxious to join, as I made my character early this year, but never got to posting it here. :?
Ronin Dragonslayer
Journeyman

Post by Ronin Dragonslayer »

David . wrote:Alrighty... I'm just anxious to join, as I made my character early this year, but never got to posting it here. :?
David . ! Glad to see you on LCC! I am biased, for sure, but you should join Garheim. Soaring snow-capped mountains, Rohan-esque plains, tundras, taiga, boreal forests, and the mightiest ships to sail the waters of Roawia! :eyebrows: The Outlaws are cool, too; they're really the only Faction that can build swamps and marshes and they ARE the only one that can use magic (openly :wink: ).
Str0ngbad
Laborer

Post by Str0ngbad »

royalbrickcustoms wrote:When is the coronation feast and GC5?
I believe AK said it would be after this weekend.
Toilet paper goes over not under.
Ferretclaw
Artisan

Post by Ferretclaw »

Ronin Dragonslayer wrote:
David . wrote:Alrighty... I'm just anxious to join, as I made my character early this year, but never got to posting it here. :?
David . ! Glad to see you on LCC! I am biased, for sure, but you should join Garheim. Soaring snow-capped mountains, Rohan-esque plains, tundras, taiga, boreal forests, and the mightiest ships to sail the waters of Roawia! :eyebrows: The Outlaws are cool, too; they're really the only Faction that can build swamps and marshes and they ARE the only one that can use magic (openly :wink: ).
Actually I am pretty sure it says somewhere that the Lenfels have the best ships due to their excess of wood... But.. Um. Anyway. And yup in outlaws you van pretty much build anything you want.
"All that is gold does not glitter..." ~LOTR
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98506221@N08/
Mocpages: http://mocpages.com/home.php/103548
[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/95487351 ... 3d8e_t.jpg[/img]
Ronin Dragonslayer
Journeyman

Post by Ronin Dragonslayer »

Ferretclaw wrote: Actually I am pretty sure it says somewhere that the Lenfels have the best ships due to their excess of wood... But.. Um. Anyway.
The largest ships, yes, but a ship is only as mighty as its crew 8) :P
bronx
Foot Soldier

Post by bronx »

SSchmidt wrote:Based on Bronx's studious work a few days ago, it was established that the Outlaws and Garheim only have 18 active members while Lenfald has 23. Loreos has 28 active members. No members have joined any faction since those results were posted.

Of course I am not on the KC, but I strongly voice my opinion that Loreos and Lenfald stay closed for now.
Garheim is actually up to 21 "active" members. Three of their members that I considered as "pending" (awaiting a build, other than their character introduction) have submitted builds towards one or both of the most recent local challenges. However, that number will drop to 20 tomorrow, as another listed member will have then exceeded six months, with a second on the brink of the same in two weeks.

The Outlaws are down to 16 "active" members, as three previously listed have exceeded six months, but one of their newest recruits submitted a build. In less than a week, without any new members, they will drop down to 15 "active" members.

People have joined the open factions. It just has not been enough to offset the attrition or enough to close the gap with the other two. Thus, I also wholeheartedly agree with you and AK that Lenfald and Loreos remain closed, and strongly recommend joining Garheim or the Outlaws for those thinking of waiting.

Signed,
Your unfriendly neighborhood data miner :orc:
Andared of Lenfald
Foot Soldier

Post by Andared of Lenfald »

In light of these statistics which Bronx has given us (huge thanks to you, by the way, the work you've put into getting us these numbers is invaluable!), I feel like now would be a good time for me to suggest something that I've wanted to ask for a long time.

As of right now, despite some slight boosts to both factions, Garheim and the Outlaws are still behind Lenfald and Loreos in member count by a good margin. Because of this, it seems unlikely that we'll be able to open up faction recruiting for everyone for at least a couple more months. Personally I don't like the idea of restricting people to two factions instead of four, unless we absolutely have to do so. Until now, this has been the case. However I believe there may be another solution to this population imbalance.

Would the King's Council consider allowing LCC members to create up to two characters? Obviously there would be some restrictions, such as not allowing people to have two characters in one faction, only allowing one character to participate in a GC, etc. but I really don't think there would be any need to have too many restrictions on it. I know that I for one would love to have an outlaw, and while Andared would still remain my "prime" character, I would do my best to participate in the Outlaw LCs and create a story via freebuilds for him. I might even take him out for a spin in some GCs if I really felt that Lenfald participation was already high enough.

Personally, I feel like being able to have two characters would open up a new level of possibilities for the LCC, while at the same time, boosting population levels for the struggling factions. Which reminds me, it might not be a bad idea, for the present at least, to restrict "secondary" characters to just Garheim and Outlaws. We wouldn't want a bunch of Loreesi making Lenfels or vice versa, which would only further increase the population imbalance.

I really feel like this idea would be a great way to lift the restriction, so that people can actually choose who they want to build for, instead of who they have to build for. But at the same time, it will (hopefully) continue to allow Garheim and the Outlaws to grow, being populated by members who are already active in the community, removing the worry of having a "one and done" member, who posts a CIC and never returns. Best of all, it gives members more options in building, so if someone is feeling "burnt out" or having builders block from any given faction, they can spend some time building for a different one until they get the itch to start building for the first faction again.

I realize that this idea is pretty bold, and understand that the King's Council will probably want to give this plenty of thought before deciding what to do. I really think this would be a great way to solve our current population problem, but I defer to whatever the King's Council sees fit. Also, I'd love to hear feedback from other members on this idea!

~Andared
SSchmidt
Merchant

Post by SSchmidt »

From what others are stating as well, it seems there is some disinterest in the outlaws from the outside, because they do not "feel" like a faction. This has nothing to do with Orks, because he does a bang up job as FO, but in the lore of LCC, the outlaws almost feel limited in every GC, at least from my point of view.

I realize that Galainirs role has much to do with getting the Outlaws more involved, but I think people might be Leary of joining them simply because they are not as "faction-ized" as the other three factions. They seem to have played a very small role until Galainir, and even though GC4 involved the Outlaws, it felt like it was between Lenfald, Loreos, and Garheim.

These of course are all suggestions, but maybe something to consider would be giving the Outlaws a name for starts or allowing them to be inclusive in the upcoming lore to the point it feels like more than three kingdoms and a unwanted neighbor :lol:

I offer this input as humbly as possible. I continue to love the LCC and am very proud to be a part of this community in whatever decisions the KC make regarding the state of Roawia :)
Last edited by SSchmidt on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: SSchmidt-
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/copy_of_lionhearttorso.jpg[/img]
[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2807/9561546705_8f26947042_o.jpg[/img]
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

I think SSchmidt pretty much nailed why Outlaws are getting very little attention these days.

When we first started-up LCC, there was definitely an even amount of participants in each faction. I believe this has to do with 2 things. The thrill of a new, unexplored theme where pretty much anything was ( Still is ;) ) possible, and the mindset that Outlaws actually had a fighting chance against the other three factions. It seems that after each GC there appears to be a slow decline in members and participation among Outlaws. I mean we're the only faction not to win a GC, or even place in the top 2 for that matter. We've had some great entries and stories, but we just get beat every time. We're a bit low on morale, and it feels like everybody has felt the effects.

We need a morale boost. We need Theoden to give a speech or something. We need something that could change the game for us. Now I'm not saying that we need a giant evil bad-guy army, or that we need mass revolution and hysteria spread across Rowia. I already know there would be plenty of offense and distaste in allowing such things. We just need a kick in the rear.

I'm glad we're still LCC's favorite faction though. :mrgreen:
Last edited by ZacharyIslazy on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56307748@N02]Flickr[/url]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... ttorso.jpg[/img]

Check out Lands of Roawia!