Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: Guilds of Historica on Eurobricks

Post by AK_Brickster »

If we have to use Flickr, we can, but I'd rather have a pinned thread here in the MOCs section for each group and one for a general game play / announcements. If we can keep as much contained here on the CC website as possible, that will be best, IMO.

ALSO - The participation poll is now live and can be found HERE
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman

Post by Albatross_Viking »

On another note, I also agree with Wobnam that somehow, a group of people "willing to really commit to this project" should be elected or something to keep track of things and possibly make some of the decisions when more democratic ways have set the basis for everything.
These people, however, should not by definition hold any special power in the game/story that was not earned on equal terms with everybody else.
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... ald_fl.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/friskywhi ... banner.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56213339@N07/]FlickR[/url]
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Post by richardanthonyc »

I am willing to commit for what it is worth and I desire no more power than any insane man would :D
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
lord_of_orks
Squire

Post by lord_of_orks »

richardanthonyc wrote:I am willing to commit for what it is worth and I desire no more power than any insane man would :D
I'm willing to commit to and I desire no more power than any insane ork would :twisted:
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... rd-of-orks]brickshelf[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lord_of_orks/6939512687/]flicker[/url]
one for all! all for one! every man for him self!
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

AK_Brickster wrote:If we have to use Flickr, we can, but I'd rather have a pinned thread here in the MOCs section for each group and one for a general game play / announcements. If we can keep as much contained here on the CC website as possible, that will be best, IMO.
I love CC, but I think we need more "space" than CC forums offer, because:

1. The development process will generate loads of text, too much to handle well in just one or a few threads.

2. Forums are good for discussions, but not for systematically storing information over time. A Wiki will be a lot of fun to browse and read. Why not do both? Discussion in forums, then use a Wiki-style website to store information. Newcomers can easily look around at what has happened, like what battles have taken place, what characters have come and gone, and also find building guides, examples, links to MOCs etc.

3. A project like this is big enough to deserve a site of its own with all the other benefits this offers. Keeping non-dynamic content on its own site will also reduce the load on CC admins.
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman

Post by Albatross_Viking »

I all in all agree that spreading this project over various sites will be preferable, as a Wiki will make information more readily accesible, and a FlickR group will be useful for a place to keep any MOCs, maps e.t.c. related to it. Maybe even one for each "faction". Also, if this gets big enough, a seperate website might be a good idea. But if we make one, we'll have to be careful as moving everything to a new, different site may decrease member growth/activity.
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... ald_fl.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/friskywhi ... banner.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56213339@N07/]FlickR[/url]
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

Wow, gone 10 minutes and kaboom!! :D This is terriffic!!!

My idea of using Flickr would be to host images for CC. One group might be all that's needed.

As to my ideas about leaders, it's just a thought. It doesn't have to be anything like that. I do think it needs to be more... close-knit, more together, more like everyone has a part. See what I mean? We could possibly divide the lego power and admin power. But it might be to hard to connect. :?

As to a Wiki, I'm not even sure what we mean by wiki. I think people could simply add stories and/or creations inside the map, the CC forum, and the Flickr group. It might be more clear-cut without it.

We may want to start a sign up thread, for those who want to know who is cetainly in. (I'm somewhat unsure myself.)

Kyle, those troops are fantastic!!! Just what I was thinking of!! But if someone still wants to use the pure classic troops, it would still work!! :)
The only thing we would want to keep the same would be the shields. The armor/helmets/weapons could be a personal prefrence.

I also think we should keep the thread here. The admins moved it here after all! Lol! :)

Well, Wobnam - I think, considering that it started here, we should give CC a try. If the admins say it won't work, we'll have to look for another home. :( But I think it could work out here! :) It worked out over in Eurobricks. Although it does depend on what everyone thinks, and the admin's decisions (hint-hint...).

~Mark
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Post by richardanthonyc »

lord_of_orks wrote:
richardanthonyc wrote:I am willing to commit for what it is worth and I desire no more power than any insane man would :D
I'm willing to commit to and I desire no more power than any insane ork would :twisted:
Death to the Orks! For Eralgor!
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Well guys, the whole point of this thing was for members of CC who didn't want to spend time keeping up with another site. If we wanted to do something like that, we would have just gone over to EB's GoH in the first place. I'm OK with the idea of a wiki to keep track of the mega backstory / lore, if that's the way this goes, but for me and I think the people who started this discussion, I'd like to keep it here at CC and keep it MOC focused. Taking it to another website kind of defeats the purpose, in my mind.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Mark of Falworth wrote: We may want to start a sign up thread, for those who want to know who is cetainly in. (I'm somewhat unsure myself.)
Mark, I started a poll in the MOC forum. Please go there and enter your participation interest.

As for keeping it at CC, you can find my opinion above ^^

EDIT: Ugh... double post :(
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

This could be so much more and better than GoH on Eurobricks, I don't feel we should limit it just because of how they are doing things.

I'm not saying we should move those things CC offers - forums - to a different site. I'm saying we should use a Wiki/website to keep track of all the content that will be difficult to manage on a forum; a base or hub.

Can you go on Eurobricks and read about things that have happened in their GoH storyline without wading through various threads of discussion?
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

AK_Brickster wrote:
Mark of Falworth wrote: We may want to start a sign up thread, for those who want to know who is cetainly in. (I'm somewhat unsure myself.)
Mark, I started a poll in the MOC forum. Please go there and enter your participation interest.

As for keeping it at CC, you can find my opinion above ^^

EDIT: Ugh... double post :(
Thanks! I was there. But didn't look below. :3

Yep, my opinion is very much of your opinion. :)
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

wobnam wrote:This could be so much more and better than GoH on Eurobricks, I don't feel we should limit it just because of how they are doing things.

I'm not saying we should move those things CC offers - forums - to a different site. I'm saying we should use a Wiki/website to keep track of all the content that will be difficult to manage on a forum; a base or hub.

Can you go on Eurobricks and read about things that have happened in their GoH storyline without wading through various threads of discussion?
Like I said, a wiki would be fine to handle the lore content, if an excessively large back story is what we end up doing. I don't really see this as an RPG with battles and uprisings as much as simply a theater that provides inspiration for people to build by providing a landscape and a basic back story, as well as some friendly competition between regions to provide some incentive to build and create a feeling of camaraderie between regional members.
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

wobnam wrote:This could be so much more and better than GoH on Eurobricks, I don't feel we should limit it just because of how they are doing things.

Hmm... Got a strong point there. I think we could use CC as the central link/disscsuion place between a Wiki for large storyline and rules and other important writings... (I'm still not sure what a Wiki is. Care to explain?) ... and Flickr, which could be where we put our pictures of creations. And we can post them (from Flickr) to the forum and the Wiki, and put links of the storyline in the Wiki on CC and Flickr. Well, yay? nay?
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

AK_Brickster wrote:Like I said, a wiki would be fine to handle the lore content, if an excessively large back story is what we end up doing. I don't really see this as an RPG with battles and uprisings as much as simply a theater that provides inspiration for people to build by providing a landscape and a basic back story, as well as some friendly competition between regions to provide some incentive to build and create a feeling of camaraderie between regional members.
I agree, I just feel it would be a lot more inspirational if the story actually progressed through community contribution instead of it just being a static scenario.