Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Kayne_
Laborer

Re: Guilds of Historica on Eurobricks

Post by Kayne_ »

Blego7 wrote:Actually, some of you may know Wobnam, I think he is working on a "Castle world" somewhat similar to the EB guilds. His plan is to make it available to anyone, and have a central sort of "collaborative building". I'll let him explain if he sees this.
That sounds pretty cool. And the best part is probably that it would be something different, not just a straight copy of the other group.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=darkenrahl_17]Kayne is able(Bricklink)[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkenrahl_17/]My Flickr[/url]
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

lord_of_orks wrote:
Teherean wrote:I made a Eurobricks account just for the guilds.I could work something out. If the admins are OK with it, I'll gladly help set something up here related to the Guilds.

My ideas:
- We make a separate forum page (or just pin this one) relating to the guilds, making it easier to oversee guild-related mocs, items and activities.
- We start our own CC guild, to fit in with the existing Historica world, with our own banner, guild master and ranks etc. (communication with the existing guilds is required for this, I'm sure that with enough people here backing us up it shouldn't be to much of a problem.)
you have an interesting idea about making our guild fit in with the ones from eurobricks, but I think that having our own world would be better, I realize this may take some effort but as I said earlier I would be willing to do what ever is necessary.
Kayne_ wrote:
Blego7 wrote:Actually, some of you may know Wobnam, I think he is working on a "Castle world" somewhat similar to the EB guilds. His plan is to make it available to anyone, and have a central sort of "collaborative building". I'll let him explain if he sees this.
<br sab="605"><br sab="606">That sounds pretty cool. And the best part is probably that it would be something different, not just a straight copy of the other group.
I agree with Kayne I should be somthing different, the Goh has a one contienet in their map we could make our own map\contienet that could possibly be in the same world as Goh (it depends on what every one wants to do) but I think it should be far enough away that there isn't much contact between the two contienets. I also think we could do a few more factions then the Goh did, like 5 or 6 maybe?
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

I would like to say that since Lord of Orks first came up with the idea, he should have the final say on the subject. Also I know everybody is keen to get a place of leadership, ( I certainly am) but a line must be drawn somewhere. lord of Orks, could you make a decision on this?

I also think this should be more historical than mythical. Magic wasn't common in the medieval age. Guilds of Historica is not very magical as well. I think that it will be more successful if there isn't excessive magic.

I also think this would be great for the CC forum to have a bit more activity, and perhaps some new members!

As Kayne said, GoH has challenges that everyone can particpate in, I think one such challenge was build a outpost. We could do someting like, build a village. or build a fort.

I've heard of Wobnam's plans, but I haven't seen anything come of it. I believe we should start something on our own.

Any thoughts or ideas anyone?
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

I love the idea, and think it would be great if we could come up with our own concept. Maybe something that directly relates to the "classic" part of the theme? How about we take the first four factions (not the classic figs but the next round) and create a world for them to inhabit? We could finally define the looks of the Black Falcons, Forestmen, Wolf pack, etc. and give them each a real world to interact in.

I have no problem with magic being part of the world we create, since this is all about fantasy (not the theme, but the way of thinking). I would rather this is more about fun and interactive play than historical accuracy or anything like that.

This all sounds like loads of fun, count me in. If any artwork or designs are needed, please feel free to ask as I would love to help out.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I think we need to let the Admins have some more input into this before we go around nominating leaders and deciding how many factions there will be...

I would enjoy being involved in the planning as well, once things start to develop. I also think fewer factions would be better than more. We can always add later if there is enough participation.
I also agree that having some magic is preferable, to me at least. We can always put it up for a vote or let the Admins lay out the general guidelines though.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

shmails wrote:I love the idea, and think it would be great if we could come up with our own concept. Maybe something that directly relates to the "classic" part of the theme? How about we take the first four factions (not the classic figs but the next round) and create a world for them to inhabit? We could finally define the looks of the Black Falcons, Forestmen, Wolf pack, etc. and give them each a real world to interact in.

I have no problem with magic being part of the world we create, since this is all about fantasy (not the theme, but the way of thinking). I would rather this is more about fun and interactive play than historical accuracy or anything like that.

This all sounds like loads of fun, count me in. If any artwork or designs are needed, please feel free to ask as I would love to help out.
Well, I didn't mean no magic, I'm just saying no excessive magic. It can get out of hand, to the point where it all gets weird. I guess I should have said it differently, I wasn't trying to go historically accurate either, that wouldn't make sense! :tasty: I meant like, made up towns and villages, armies and the like.

Hey, We could do already made LEGO factions, if that's what most everyone wants to do. But I think making our own factions would be fun too.
I'm thinking the Bear Claw Clan, and things like that, would be really cool to incoporate into a world!
AK_Brickster wrote:I think we need to let the Admins have some more input into this before we go around nominating leaders and deciding how many factions there will be... <BR sab="603"><BR sab="604">I would enjoy being involved in the planning as well, once things start to develop. I also think fewer factions would be better than more. We can always add later if there is enough participation.<BR sab="605">I also agree that having some magic is preferable, to me at least. We can always put it up for a vote or let the Admins lay out the general guidelines though.

Sorry that's true, I shoudn't jump to conclusions. yeah, four or so at the start sounds good. I didn't think about the lack of people at first :? There are some good ideas here, guys! :D
lord_of_orks
Squire

Post by lord_of_orks »

I'm just going to write out what I was thinking and we can see how people like it and then go from there.
we have a basic map that shows the land but no cites, tower, villages or any thing else man made.
here is a crude example of a map.
for example lets say that ak_brickster made a moc of a village and wanted it between the fork in the river in the woods, it would then be added to the map with the name written next to it.
this would be the basic Idea, I am short on time write now so I will post more of the details later.
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... rd-of-orks]brickshelf[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lord_of_orks/6939512687/]flicker[/url]
one for all! all for one! every man for him self!
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Mark of Falworth wrote:
shmails wrote:I love the idea, and think it would be great if we could come up with our own concept. Maybe something that directly relates to the "classic" part of the theme? How about we take the first four factions (not the classic figs but the next round) and create a world for them to inhabit? We could finally define the looks of the Black Falcons, Forestmen, Wolf pack, etc. and give them each a real world to interact in.

Well, I didn't mean no magic, I'm just saying no excessive magic. It can get out of hand, to the point where it all gets weird. I guess I should have said it differently, I wasn't trying to go historically accurate either, that wouldn't make sense! :tasty: I meant like, made up towns and villages, armies and the like.

Hey, We could do already made LEGO factions, if that's what most everyone wants to do. But I think making our own factions would be fun too.
I'm thinking the Bear Claw Clan, and things like that, would be really cool to incoporate into a world!
AK_Brickster wrote:I think we need to let the Admins have some more input into this before we go around nominating leaders and deciding how many factions there will be... <BR sab="603"><BR sab="604">I would enjoy being involved in the planning as well, once things start to develop. I also think fewer factions would be better than more. We can always add later if there is enough participation.<BR sab="605">I also agree that having some magic is preferable, to me at least. We can always put it up for a vote or let the Admins lay out the general guidelines though.

Sorry that's true, I shoudn't jump to conclusions. yeah, four or so at the start sounds good. I didn't think about the lack of people at first :? There are some good ideas here, guys! :D
Okay, as long as there is some magic, i am cool with that.

I have never heard of this Bear Claw Clan of which you speak, but it sounds great to me to make our own factions. :D Of course if we did make our own factions I would be happy to make figures or stickers for everyone to have with the new shields and torso designs we come up with. I am sure everyone knows I love my clan and love to expand it, so that is a neat idea to me!
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

shmails wrote:Okay, as long as there is some magic, i am cool with that.

I have never heard of this Bear Claw Clan of which you speak, but it sounds great to me to make our own factions. :D Of course if we did make our own factions I would be happy to make figures or stickers for everyone to have with the new shields and torso designs we come up with. I am sure everyone knows I love my clan and love to expand it, so that is a neat idea to me!
Oh, Yes!! Your help with stickers would be so awesome!! I've tried my hand at stickers a little, but your help in that category would be great!
Could you possibly do maps too?? :D
lord_of_orks wrote:I'm just going to write out what I was thinking and we can see how people like it and then go from there.<br sab="675">we have a basic map that shows the land but no cites, tower, villages or any thing else man made.<br sab="676">here is a crude example of a map.<br sab="677">for example lets say that ak_brickster made a moc of a village and wanted it between the fork in the river in the woods, it would then be added to the map with the name written next to it. <br sab="678">this would be the basic Idea, I am short on time write now so I will post more of the details later.
That's pretty good! We may want to consider possibly having it be a little closer in style to the Guilds of Historica, :)
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

It would be my pleasure to help with any artwork that is needed, be it maps, torso and shield stickers, roadsigns, or anything else. Oce we nail down the details we can make a list of what is needed.
lord_of_orks
Squire

Post by lord_of_orks »

I have more time now so here's the rest of my idea.
I was thinking that we could have 4 or 5 factions that each inhabited a portion of the land and then there would be a large section of "wild" land that no factions live in this could be a place for people who do not want to join one of the factions to be, for example if some one wanted to to be a group of bandits, a gang of rebels, or just a farmer they could build there hideout/fortress/house in the "wild" lands.if you want I could make a map to get a better idea of what it would look like.
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... rd-of-orks]brickshelf[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lord_of_orks/6939512687/]flicker[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I also have a map generator program that I can fiddle with. I think we should put out several versions and have an open discussion about what we want as far as geography goes. That will help to set up what/how many clans we will have.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
lord_of_orks
Squire

Post by lord_of_orks »

sounds like a plan to me :)
I'm anxious to see what you guys come up with.
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

lord_of_orks wrote:I have more time now so here's the rest of my idea.
I was thinking that we could have 4 or 5 factions that each inhabited a portion of the land and then there would be a large section of "wild" land that no factions live in this could be a place for people who do not want to join one of the factions to be, for example if some one wanted to to be a group of bandits, a gang of rebels, or just a farmer they could build there hideout/fortress/house in the "wild" lands.if you want I could make a map to get a better idea of what it would look like.
I love the idea of Wild lands! That will be a perfect spot to put creations that don't fit in the main factions. I also like the idea of haveing rebels and bandits!

Great idea AK! several maps to choose from will ultimately result in a better map! :D
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

I might be game for starting something like this. I would advise for a small number of guilds with broad scope transcending any of the factions and themes LEGO has ever had (which would also be inclusive of genres outside of official Lego themes: such as highly historically inspired models, or those inspired by gaming fantasy, etc.). Some ideas:

A Merchants' Guild might appeal to people with more interest civilian themed models;

A Masons' Guild for people who are most interested in actual castle design;

A Guild of Dragon and Troll Hunters for those leaning toward fantasy;

Or a Congress of Outlaws to encompass all the forestmen, bad guys and rebels.

What I imagine we wouldn't want would be for there to be so many themes that everybody winds up in a guild by themselves.