Interest in the "Lands of Classic Castle" Group Project!

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

Re: Interest in the "Lands of Classic Castle" Group Project!

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

So I've been reading about all the different factions, looking at pictures of standards, and just generally deciding what faction I'm going to join. I'm pretty confident that I'll most likely be joining the "Rebels" or "Outlaws" faction.

Although I have some questions about the faction. I'm assuming that since there is no real standard for the Outlaws we can design them almost any way we want as long as they don't look to familiar to the four other factions. Correct me if I'm in the wrong here. Also since we would be all spread out through out the four factions in some cases, I was wondering if we would be able to make pacts, treaties, or agreements/ understandings with faction leaders? Like for example, (This is all circumstantial of course) let's just say that The Blue Faction was at war or in conflict with The Green faction and I was the leader of a group of bandits in the Blue faction. So say The Blue Faction was losing battles because they were being out manned and supplied. Since I'd be a band of outlaws, I don't really abide by Faction laws, so would I be able to go to the Blue faction's leader with an idea of sorts, something along the lines of, Oh lets see, cutting off Green faction supplies by raiding and burning caravans of supplies heading to the front, therefore throwing a wrench into the Green Faction's war machine. In return for doing the dirty work I'd be immune to the laws of the Blue faction and would be....compensated for my actions. Would this be possible? If so I think it would be a great part of the strategy of warfare in the game.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56307748@N02]Flickr[/url]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... ttorso.jpg[/img]

Check out Lands of Roawia!
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

ZacharyIslazy wrote:I'm assuming that since there is no real standard for the Outlaws we can design them almost any way we want as long as they don't look to familiar to the four other factions. Correct me if I'm in the wrong here. Also since we would be all spread out through out the four factions in some cases, I was wondering if we would be able to make pacts, treaties, or agreements/ understandings with faction leaders?
Outlaws usually display black (or dark gray), often along with another color, in their banners.

The outlaws are outlaws for a reason, so in my opinion they don't get along with the other factions, but I don't think it's impossible that some Outlaw groups could come to some sort of arrangement with one of the other factions either. As we have no rules about war yet, it's not really possible to answer your question 100%, but in general we want to limit creativity as little as possible.

On the other hand, Outlaws should not be a faction full of private armies under the rule of one of the other factions, so anyone joining the Outlaws should be prepared to be on their own.
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

Sounds good! Thanks for the answers. I hope to start getting some kind of standard together when more rules and guide lines are further released.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56307748@N02]Flickr[/url]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... ttorso.jpg[/img]

Check out Lands of Roawia!
Owen S.
Freeman

Post by Owen S. »

AK_Brickster wrote:
Owen S. wrote:Hmmm, I might have to switch to that faction instead. :P It definitely takes away the dilemma of choosing an area of the kingdom! :)
Well, just keep in mind that the outlaws who are spread throughout the kingdom are small bands of thieves/rebels/etc, and don't have super-large castles, as those would be easy to detect and be eliminated by the superior forces of the homeland's soldiers. Most of their "abroad" MOCs will best be suited as smaller hideouts and raiding parties. Of course, if you wanted to build a large castle, you could always build one for a different faction and have your outlaws infiltrating/raiding/escaping/etc from it. :twisted:

Just keep that in the back of your head :)
That's exactly my point. I have a fairly small amount of castle parts, so I figured it would be easier to make camps. Also, would the Outlaw faction include orcs and such?
*Clever Signature*
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman

Post by Albatross_Viking »

Owen S. wrote:
AK_Brickster wrote:
Owen S. wrote:Hmmm, I might have to switch to that faction instead. :P It definitely takes away the dilemma of choosing an area of the kingdom! :)
Well, just keep in mind that the outlaws who are spread throughout the kingdom are small bands of thieves/rebels/etc, and don't have super-large castles, as those would be easy to detect and be eliminated by the superior forces of the homeland's soldiers. Most of their "abroad" MOCs will best be suited as smaller hideouts and raiding parties. Of course, if you wanted to build a large castle, you could always build one for a different faction and have your outlaws infiltrating/raiding/escaping/etc from it. :twisted:

Just keep that in the back of your head :)
That's exactly my point. I have a fairly small amount of castle parts, so I figured it would be easier to make camps. Also, would the Outlaw faction include orcs and such?
Yes, "magical" elements would go in the outlaws faction :) .
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... ald_fl.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/friskywhi ... banner.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56213339@N07/]FlickR[/url]
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I'm interested in this, and having read the FAQ/Introduction thread, quite excited too!

Sign me up for Garheim please!
lord_of_orks
Squire

Post by lord_of_orks »

RichardAM wrote:I'm interested in this, and having read the FAQ/Introduction thread, quite excited too!

Sign me up for Garheim please!
this isn't really a sign up thread, that will be coming out in due time :wink: (most likely some time after the lore contest)
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... rd-of-orks]brickshelf[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lord_of_orks/6939512687/]flicker[/url]
one for all! all for one! every man for him self!
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

My apologies- I saw people specifying colours/lands earlier in the thread so figured that was the game. Eitherway, i'm down, and shall be following the project from now on :)
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

Welcome aboard, Richard :)

While this isn't an official sign-up thread, feel free to discuss what faction you want to join and why.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Well ultimately if you need me to join somewhere to balance out the numbers i'm okay with it, but i'm interested in Garheim because of the region- i'm really interested in trying some snowy landscaping! I've probably built too much Forestmen type stuff in the past so i'd be keen for the former. That i've got a lot of BFs and Crownies makes it all the easier a choice.

Like I said, if the project requires it i'm willing to move, but it was the description of Garheim that got me pulled in. :)
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

My first moc for LCC is here. I should have some army pics up soon. My introduction moc will come later.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

I think I'm probably going to be Garheim, Its what best suits my troops and equipment, be careful in my territory you might well be ambushed! :D
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

Hayden. wrote:I think I'm probably going to be Garheim, Its what best suits my troops and equipment, be careful in my territory you might well be ambushed! :D
Welcome to LCC Hayden! :D
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

Mark of Falworth wrote:
Hayden. wrote:I think I'm probably going to be Garheim, Its what best suits my troops and equipment, be careful in my territory you might well be ambushed! :D
Welcome to LCC Hayden! :D
Thanks! :D
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

So does anyone think we could use the new CMFS6 Roman solider torsos? Its not exactly Chain mail but they do look pretty good!