LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

Post by richardanthonyc »

shmails wrote:
richardanthonyc wrote:Shmails can start his own Mercenary faction :P
Shmails IS his own mercenary faction!!! :roflol:
Let's see how your mercenaries do against my Highlanders and Galloglaich's 8)
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

wobnam wrote:Global points are given to your faction only. If a member of your faction wins a global challenge, your faction will receive bonus points for this. The builder will receive personal points for this.

In other words, you winning a global challenge will not give personal points to any of the other members. Your builds can increase your personal points as well as your faction's total score only.
Right, that is what I am saying. Imagine a pirate captain sharing his booty with other pirates not on his crew. I have spoke my mind and offered my opinion on this, and I do not want this to turn into anything negative, so I will drop it now.
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

richardanthonyc wrote:
shmails wrote:
richardanthonyc wrote:Shmails can start his own Mercenary faction :P
Shmails IS his own mercenary faction!!! :roflol:
Let's see how your mercenaries do against my Highlanders and Galloglaich's 8)
If I am making the MOC they will do just fine! :lol:
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

shmails wrote:
wobnam wrote:Right, that is what I am saying. Imagine a pirate captain sharing his booty with other pirates not on his crew. I have spoke my mind and offered my opinion on this, and I do not want this to turn into anything negative, so I will drop it now.
OK, I know we're trying to move on here, :) but I'll just offer this quick counter example:

Your 'pirate captain' captures a ship. He gets to keep all of the booty (personal status points) for himself, but he also contributes to the general lawlessness of the seas as a whole (faction points). This is more of an indirect benefit to the rest of the pirates out there, since he has weakened his enemy, than to any one other pirate individually.

I don't know if that helps at all, but that's just what popped into my head when I saw your example :)
Last edited by AK_Brickster on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

AK_Brickster wrote:
shmails wrote:
wobnam wrote:Right, that is what I am saying. Imagine a pirate captain sharing his booty with other pirates not on his crew. I have spoke my mind and offered my opinion on this, and I do not want this to turn into anything negative, so I will drop it now.
OK, I know we're trying to move on here, :) but I'll just offer this quick counter example:

Your 'pirate captain' captures a ship. He gets to keep all of the booty (personal status points) for himself, but he also contributes to the general lawlessness of the seas as a whole (faction points). This is more of an indirect benefit to the rest of the pirates out there, than to any one other pirate individually.

I don't know if that helps at all, but that's just what popped into my head when I saw your example :)
Makes sense, thanks!
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

shmails wrote:Right, that is what I am saying. Imagine a pirate captain sharing his booty with other pirates not on his crew. I have spoke my mind and offered my opinion on this, and I do not want this to turn into anything negative, so I will drop it now.
You aren't sharing anything, you're making the Queen of England say "oh bloody Megablocks, the pirates captured another one of our ships".

edit: ..or what AK said, same thing.

:)
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

AK_Brickster wrote:
shmails wrote:

Your 'pirate captain' captures a ship. He gets to keep all of the booty (personal status points) for himself, but he also contributes to the general lawlessness of the seas as a whole (faction points). This is more of an indirect benefit to the rest of the pirates out there, since he has weakened his enemy, than to any one other pirate individually.

That's a nice take on the idea
Last edited by Hayden. on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

wobnam wrote:
shmails wrote:Right, that is what I am saying. Imagine a pirate captain sharing his booty with other pirates not on his crew. I have spoke my mind and offered my opinion on this, and I do not want this to turn into anything negative, so I will drop it now.
You aren't sharing anything, you're making the Queen of England say "oh bloody Megablocks, the pirates captured another one of our ships".

edit: ..or what AK said, same thing.

:)
Hmm.... I'm not sure how,

Edit...AK's was more explanatory and poetic.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Hayden, another general CC rule is try not to make two posts back-to-back. If you have more to say, you can always go back and edit your first post :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

Ak Are these written somewhere? So I can learn them?

Also for Loreos the army is heavy Calvary does this include chariots?
mencot
Twifealdlic Builder

Post by mencot »

AK_Brickster wrote:Hayden, another general CC rule is try not to make two posts back-to-back. If you have more to say, you can always go back and edit your first post :)
Thats not just a newbie mistake, us older members :wave: should remember this too :)
Rules are on the CC front page, in the right corner, community, the green button, classic Castle TOS, terms of service.
Last edited by mencot on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Mencot Paladin and rogue
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/citizen3.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8244/8487960182_6a051704d4_t.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/8636932919_7220cc2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/mencot]Flickr[/url]
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

mencot wrote:
AK_Brickster wrote:Hayden, another general CC rule is try not to make two posts back-to-back. If you have more to say, you can always go back and edit your first post :)
Thats not just a newbie mistake, us older members :wave: should remember this too :)
:D
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

While we're on the subject, I also think it would be a lot easier to read if we quoted less. There's really no need to quote the two previous posts just to add a short comment.
mencot
Twifealdlic Builder

Post by mencot »

thats true wobnam
Sir Mencot Paladin and rogue
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/citizen3.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8244/8487960182_6a051704d4_t.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/8636932919_7220cc2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/mencot]Flickr[/url]
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

Okay, and I'll ask again, you say that loreos has heavy cavalry, does this include chariots?