LCC General Information and FAQ

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

Post by DNL »

wobnam wrote: All creations belonging to a faction should also be listed in the top post of the faction thread for easy navigation. This is the FO's task.
?
That sounds like a good solution. I just thought it would be fun to have a central place where can see all MOCs next to eachother.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

Will the banners added to signatures not crowd the forum and make it hard to read?
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

The banners are quite small and follow the CC TOS. We've gotten approval from the Admins to use them. If you don't want to proudly display your rank with a banner, you certainly won't be obligated to do so. :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Knight Man
Journeyman

Post by Knight Man »

Ok, right now I don't have enough pieces to make anything good but I could probably get a story made up, So basically what I'm wondering is if I can wait to sign up. ~KnightMan~
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8475/8406300705_86b2d80f86_m.jpg[/img] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/76575933@N02/]My Flickr[/url] [url=https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-The_Creator]My sets[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

You absolutely can wait to sign up. We are not going to close sign-ups after a certain point. You can join whenever you like. Take your time and put plenty of thought into what faction you'd like to join, and when the time is right, we'll be happy to have you :)
eilonwy77
Archer

Post by eilonwy77 »

If the factions get really out-balanced, and no one wants to be in the outlaws faction, it might be possible to disband that faction, and just have the outlaws and magic-creatures-in-hiding be in the winderness of the three other factions. Outlaws really aren't outside of kingdoms too much, but just in hiding, ready to assault unwary travelers and the like. I'm sure within any kingdom/province there could be places for those kinds of people to hide out, and for magical creatures to dwell. So then you could just be an outlaw/faerie/what-have-you in a certain faction. If that makes sense. Just an idea, and I suppose it's gone too far now to pull back on. I was just thinking the poor outlaws do look severely outnumbered. But I suppose that would be how it is in the real world, too.
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

The Outlaws are supposed to be all over the continent even though they aren't part of any of the other factions, so you are more than welcome to build an Outlaw hiding in the forests of Lenfald or the mountains of Garheim :)

I think it's still early, and being in a small faction also has its advantages.
Owen S.
Freeman

Post by Owen S. »

Yes, I was thinking that too. But if all the factions had the same number, it would be unrealistic. I'm fine with it as is. :)
*Clever Signature*
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Well, it may not be "realistic" to have each faction have the same number of "citizens", but it is a game where numbers count, so it's important to keep it at least a little balanced.

Think of it this way: In the Olympics, when the USA fields a basketball team, they put 5 players on the court. China's team doesn't get to field a team of 40, even though their country has more people ;)
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

@AK, That's hilarious!! :lol:
Knight Man
Journeyman

Post by Knight Man »

AK_Brickster wrote:You absolutely can wait to sign up. We are not going to close sign-ups after a certain point. You can join whenever you like. Take your time and put plenty of thought into what faction you'd like to join, and when the time is right, we'll be happy to have you :)
Ok, thanks AK. ~KnightMan~
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8475/8406300705_86b2d80f86_m.jpg[/img] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/76575933@N02/]My Flickr[/url] [url=https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-The_Creator]My sets[/url]
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

So, When will the Fas and the like be chosen?
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

We are going to wait a bit while people get signed up and post their CIC's, and then once the initial membership is "assembled", we'll have each faction vote for who they want their Factional Overseer to be. At that point, I think we're going to allow the FO to choose their Faction Liaison, since they'll be working with them closely and need it to be someone they know and trust.
Pending sign-up participation, we might do that this weekend.
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

Okay, that make sense, but what if the FL doesn't want to be a FL or if a FO quits?
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Well, obviously the FO is not going to force someone to be his FL. He could send a PM to the person he's considering and see if they're interested first.
If the FO quits, then I'd assume the faction would re-elect an FO, but the FL would probably be the most likely person to step in and fill that role. But that's getting a bit ahead of ourselves, eh? :)