LCC General Information and FAQ

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

Post by Brickninja »

So now I've signed up, and posted my CIC, so how do I know when I'm "officially" a member.(this is also helping Jordan to get closer to 3000 posts)
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Haha, thanks for the help!

It looks like you are missing a blue banner in your sign-up photo, which is a requirement for pledging your allegiance to Garheim. Can you re-take a photo of your fig and edit your sign-up post to show your new picture with banner?

(this goes for everyone who has signed up this week. You're sign-ups may be denied if you do not display faction colors in your sign-up photo)

5 posts until 3,000!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Post by Brickninja »

Ok, I just posted an updated photo on my signup post with a blue banner. Check my signup post to see it. So now how do I know when I'm an official Garhim? BTW, congrats on 3000 posts!! :woo:
josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

BTW can we use dragon knights for outlaws who are against the queen? Cause there really cool :D !
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

It would be pretty odd to use soldiers who are wearing the queen's emblem to be against her. What you CAN do is flip the torsos around and use the backs of them instead. You can use a cape or something to cover the emblem on the back.
josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

Thanks! Good idea! I did think it would be pretty weird, but once she is gone I can use em! :D
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
DungeonsAndFlagons
Villein

Crown sigil use for Garheim.

Post by DungeonsAndFlagons »

I have a question regarding Garheim's use of the Crown sigil. As Garheim is neither a kingdom or a principality do we have explanation as to why they use a crown sigil? Just curious as I am fleshing out the back story of my character and have a good number of Crown soldiers.

Please feel free to move this to the appropriate thread if I have posted in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

At the beginning of the project, we tried to give each faction one old and one more recent crest so that people would be able to easily muster troops no matter if their collection was old or new. The crown faction was one of the newer factions in blue, so that was assigned to Garheim. The crown has no significance in terms of backstory.
DungeonsAndFlagons
Villein

AK_Brickster wrote:At the beginning of the project, we tried to give each faction one old and one more recent crest so that people would be able to easily muster troops no matter if their collection was old or new. The crown faction was one of the newer factions in blue, so that was assigned to Garheim. The crown has no significance in terms of backstory.
Thanks AK_Brickster. That frees things up nicely.
animmortal
Villein

Post by animmortal »

Along this line of thought, how do the newest troops fit in to the LCC world? I mean they have both a crown and a lion?! Im convinced lego released them to spite both Garheim and Loreos
DungeonsAndFlagons
Villein

animmortal wrote:Along this line of thought, how do the newest troops fit in to the LCC world? I mean they have both a crown and a lion?! Im convinced lego released them to spite both Garheim and Loreos
I have replaced all the new Lion armour and shields with crown stuff from the earlier Castle sets. So now I have a good amount of pure Garheim Crown troops. :)
DungeonsAndFlagons
Villein

I have a question regarding the our Character's back story and adventures out side of the building challenges. Where do we post these installments? Should I create my own Thread in this Forum and update as I go along or shall I Post on this thread? Or does it go in the STORIES Forum even though it would be LCC based?

If someone could clarify this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

DungeonsAndFlagons wrote:I have a question regarding the our Character's back story and adventures out side of the building challenges. Where do we post these installments? Should I create my own Thread in this Forum and update as I go along or shall I Post on this thread? Or does it go in the STORIES Forum even though it would be LCC based?

If someone could clarify this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Well outside of challenges, you are allowed two freebuilds a month which can be used to flesh out your character's story. These should be posted in the Castle MOCs Thread, with the accompanying story, and a thumbnail with a link to that post should be posted in your faction thread. If you wish to write/build additional segments, they should be posted either in the Castle MOCs thread or Stories Thread, depending on weather the main focus is the MOC or Story. You will not receive any points for them. My policy for Lenfald Thread is that one should avoid posting links to these in the thread, but check with your FO for his policy regarding this.
mpoh98
Justiciar

Post by mpoh98 »

animmortal wrote:Along this line of thought, how do the newest troops fit in to the LCC world? I mean they have both a crown and a lion?! Im convinced lego released them to spite both Garheim and Loreos
They both fit in Garheim. I have both as well, and I can use both of them for Garheim. And the dragon knight ones are the Evil Queen's troops. :)
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/75100]Mocpages[/url], [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92459453@N08/]Flickr[/url]
Support [url=https://ideas.lego.com/projects/74333]Huckleberry Finn[/url] on Lego Ideas!
Philippians 4:13
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Post by Brickninja »

So every month we can do (in addition to GC and LC) 1 guild build, 2 freebuild,and 1for the rival challenge?