Page 28 of 39

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:12 am
by Forestboy
AK_Brickster wrote:Magic is allowed in the LCC project, but magic is generally frowned upon by law abiding citizens of Roawia, so your character would either need to be an outlaw, or keep their magical powers a secret.

Ah. Okay. Are there like...dwarves, elves, faeries, etc.? Or more like the standard Castle-y theme?

~FB~

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:12 am
by AK_Brickster
Elves, centaurs and fairies are typically found deep in the forests of Lenfald. Dwarves in the mountains of Garheim. These races might be viewed suspiciously in general, but they are accepted as long as they abstain from magical practices. In particular, elves and dwarves often live side-by-side with humans. Fairies and centaurs are rare and elusive though. At least, that's my interpretation. It's really not set in stone. :)

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 am
by Forestboy
AK_Brickster wrote:Elves, centaurs and fairies are typically found deep in the forests of Lenfald. Dwarves in the mountains of Garheim. These races might be viewed suspiciously in general, but they are accepted as long as they abstain from magical practices. In particular, elves and dwarves often live side-by-side with humans. Fairies and centaurs are rare and elusive though. At least, that's my interpretation. It's really not set in stone. :)

Alright, great! Thanks for answering my questions. :)

~FB~

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:32 pm
by Crazycrownieguy
Hi Kings Council, so I had an idea for a city that I'm building and I'm wondering if it would be ok. Alright so my idea is that the city is built on a bunch of rock islands floating 50 or 60 ft in the air, and I'm just wondering if there is any rules against something like that.
thanks

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 am
by gurusql
Hi CCG, while I am not on the Kings Council, I would recommend searching this thread for the word "magic". If you do and read that you will see that LLC outside of the magical isle is intended to be a low magic environment. So if you plan to build your floating rocks - I would recommend it in the magic isle, not in Garheim. Magic should be in hiding outside of the magical isle, I would assume that it would be hard to hide a city. :)

Crazycrownieguy wrote:Hi Kings Council, so I had an idea for a city that I'm building and I'm wondering if it would be ok. Alright so my idea is that the city is built on a bunch of rock islands floating 50 or 60 ft in the air, and I'm just wondering if there is any rules against something like that.
thanks

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:19 pm
by AK_Brickster
Yes, it's a very neat idea, but I'm not sure if we can allow that in Roawia proper. That sounds like something that would have to be created via some sort of powerful enchantment, which would require a sorcerer or wizard. Best to leave that sort of thing to the outlaws, IMO.

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:40 pm
by Crazycrownieguy
Ok, well I was think of having it be the HQ of the magic order that I'm creating and they were going to be located around the magic isles, so could I still do it if it was located in the magic isles instead of Garheim?

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:56 pm
by AK_Brickster
Is it supposed to be a "good" city, or one run by outlaws? I think it would be fine to build a city like that, but I think it would have to be controlled by outlaws and not a normal human city.

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 pm
by Crazycrownieguy
It's run by outlaws but the "good" order of mages that I created have some power over the goverment, but it's not a lot, it's only enough so then the goverment leaves them alone

Edit:
Alright so I was wondering if I would be allowed to put the name of the city up for the members of LCC
to vote on, I already have a list of names, and I can't decide on one.
Thanks
CCG

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:51 pm
by Mattias
I'm sure this has been asked before, but with 28 pages.... When does, for instance, Lenfald fight Garheim, or Loreesi v. Lenfald? Does that occur rarely, if at all?

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 pm
by mencot
[quote="Mattias"][/quote] The 3 civilized factions live right now in peace, Loreesi and Lenfald are allies. Loreesi and Garheim relationship is a bit colder but there is peace between the people also. The only wars now is against the outlaws. A new Global Challange is coming up soon, so hopefuly something big will happen soon. I am hopeing for a Orc war, outlaw orcs and other beings attacking the 3 other faction to seek revenge and take back the lands lost in the "magic wars" :orc:

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:37 pm
by Mattias
mencot wrote: The 3 civilized factions live right now in peace, Loreesi and Lenfald are allies. Loreesi and Garheim relationship is a bit colder but there is peace between the people also.

Ok, I was confused about that, thanks! But I could really go for an Orc war!

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 am
by Aeridian
Mattias wrote:
mencot wrote: The 3 civilized factions live right now in peace, Loreesi and Lenfald are allies. Loreesi and Garheim relationship is a bit colder but there is peace between the people also.

Ok, I was confused about that, thanks! But I could really go for an Orc war!


What did you have in mind? I've been looking for more uses for my orc/outlaw band/army. Want me to raid a village or attack some goodies? Sounds like some cool ideas, I'll see what I can do. :tasty:

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 pm
by ZacharyIslazy
Hey, I was just wondering if Alchemy is aloud in the LCC?

I also wanted to know if there is gunpowder in the LCC? You know for cannons on ships? Or is it strictly catapults and such?

Re: LCC General Information and FAQ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:56 pm
by AK_Brickster
No gunpowder or steam power allowed.

I'm okay with alchemy, but let's try to use it sparingly, particularly on the mainland.