The Lands of Classic Castle Lore Submission Thread.

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Re: The Lands of Classic Castle Lore Submission Thread.

Post by wobnam »

Well yes, there are limits for those who build with magic just like there are limits for those who build without. A challenge may appear that takes place on the magic island, for all we know. Limiting magic to the island is the point - I thought we were discussing the best way to do it..

Okay, I was enjoying shooting ideas with you :) but if you are fed up with my arguing I'll stop too ;)
Uthered
Serf

Post by Uthered »

Hey Guys, I was just thinking about the magic thing.. I was thinking that maybe a good way to limit the usage of magic is that magic is a "gift" some have. That would make it suspicious to everyone else that was not "gifted". It would also limit magic and give a good argument as to why magic has not conquered every faction. Just my thoughts :)
skaforhire
Villein

Post by skaforhire »

wobnam wrote:Well yes, there are limits for those who build with magic just like there are limits for those who build without. A challenge may appear that takes place on the magic island, for all we know. Limiting magic to the island is the point - I thought we were discussing the best way to do it..

Okay, I was enjoying shooting ideas with you :) but if you are fed up with my arguing I'll stop too ;)

Oh no, I could have gone on. I enjoyed the debate too. I just didn't want to sidetrack us too far on the point. Plus, I got Crusader Kings II yesterday, and it distracted me. :)
Elderon
Apprentice

Post by Elderon »

The story of Koffiemoc (go Lowlug!) is great and wholesome I think. It totally sums up everything and explains the reasons why there is so much rivalry between factions. And I think it’s important to include a history of Roawia, for heraldry purposes. I think the magic issue could be solved in a way. I know I am a little bit to late with this but this is my solution:

'the Magic Island has a mountain which holds a certain kind of gem. This gem is hard to mine (maybe only by dwarven or something) and difficult to shape in to a jewel. But once this is done it holds magic that can be wielded for all kinds of purposes. But once it gets too far from the mountain on Magic Island its strength dimishes and only the most powerful magician can still us it as a weapon. They say the last one who could actually wield the stone as a weapon strong enough to wipe out an entire army on the mainlands, was the sister of the Three. But she didn’t have the heart to take up arms against her brothers, even after they tried to kill her and banned her.'
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/peasant2.jpg[/img]
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. ~G.K. Chesterton