LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread *We've Moved!*

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Re: LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread

Post by wobnam »

I could, if I had more time.

My point is that noone should build fast low-quality creations just to score points - one good MOC is better than three mediocre ones. And even more important: Noone should feel pressured to build. Ever. That's my opinion, anyway.

That said though, I hope we get lots of good creations for every contest :)
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Post by gurusql »

Wobnam - We appreciate all the hard work that you do to keep the scoring up to date, answering questions and generally helping others - We were just hoping that you would be able to get some of the fun out of it too and be able to make your CIC.

The point I wanted to make was just encouraging everyone to participate and have fun. LCC is just an opportunity for us to be able to build and and use the bricks.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40798201@N05/]Flickr[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

The main thing is for people to have fun. A lot of people, myself included, work long hours, have exams, or just other hobbies or commitments in general, and don't get to build as much as we'd like. Yes, it would be nice if we could get 100% of our members to participate in the GC, but if they can't that's fine too.

LC's in particular (including the CIC) have no effect on anyone except the individual member, so if people don't participate in them, then we shouldn't be too worried about it. I think we have a VERY strong faction, and I'm happy with the participation to-date. I also expect more people will have time as school wraps up in a few months, and other building competitions wind down.

Looking forward to seeing your entries! For someone like myself who doesn't get to build much, administrating and enjoying your MOCs is almost as good as actually picking up the bricks :mrgreen:
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

:oops: Sorry to have said that wobnam, I understand that if there is no time, there is no time, and that is fine. You have been very active, being a FL and one of the main members getting this thing rolling. I guess that when I see the level of participation that especially Loreos is having, I would like to see that kind of participation here in Garheim too. But I also see that the general demographics of the factions are quite different, which may reflect the amount of building time. Overall, I just was kind of dissapointed when I saw that many Garhims hadn't completed there CICs yet, when most members of Loreos and Lenfald have, and I was just trying to encourage everyone to get them done. Again, I'm sorry.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

No worries my friend, I just wanted to share my views on how the LCC, including global challenges, should first and foremost be about having fun and being creative, not collecting points at all costs :)
SPACE MARINE
Apprentice

Post by SPACE MARINE »

Hello, people of Garheim. I'm not really an official member yet, but, I hope to participate in the ongoings of your(our?) lands if and when I am accepted. Just thought that a little introduction was in order.

I hope to be able to put something into the global challenge, perhaps a festival honoring the spirits of ice and snow. :eyebrows:
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good- Rom. 12:21

Little Bricks, BIG dreams
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Post by richardanthonyc »

Eklund wrote:C'mon guys, there are six of you who haven't finished your CIC yet, and we need everyone's help in the first global challenge. Your CIC doesn't have to be anything too extravagent, just put something together so you can at least be able to submit an entry for the global challenge.

I know it has been answered already but a lot of us have exteremely busy lives with children and full time jobs where we don't really get much time to build at all
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Just a quick note on the Global Challenge -

You don't have to build a festival commemorating any holiday or religious ceremony. The King has simply gifted the provinces with food and wine/mead for a day of merry-making. If you wanted to commemorate something with your MOC, I'd think honoring the King for his generosity would be in order. Additionally, since it's meant to bolster feelings of good-will between the factions, it would also be appropriate to invite those who might be traveling through your lands from other provinces to join in your local celebrations, if you like.

These are not official requirements, but friendly suggestions. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!
Brother Steven
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Brother Steven »

Hey guys! Sorry I've been a bit inactive lately I've had some family over this weekend. ;)

I'm going to build something for the GC and I was wondering if I could build and use some Garheim Member sigfigs in this one MOC. If not it's fine. :)

Welcome to Garheim SPACE MARINE. :D
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Post by gurusql »

You have my permission to use Kroth to be part of your celebration as long as it is nothing that will make my eyes pop out. :shock: :)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40798201@N05/]Flickr[/url]
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Yeah welcome Space Marine. Don't worry about not being an official member, because you are. All you really have to do is complete your CIC, which you did.

@Brother Steven, feel free to use mine. I know members of Loreos have included others of their faction in their mocs, and I really don't see any problems that would arise.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

You can use Rayth Wulfsbayne in your MOC too, if you like. He'd be happy to come in from the trap line for a good feast, I'm sure! :eyebrows:
konze
Freeman

Post by konze »

@ Brother Steven:
You can use Svea too. I hope Sir Angus will visit my celebration?
Brother Steven
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Brother Steven »

Thanks for replying so quickly everyone! I'll try to use as many as I can :D
konze wrote:@ Brother Steven: <br sab="601">You can use Svea too. I hope Sir Angus will visit my celebration?
sure, sir Angus travels often :D
SPACE MARINE
Apprentice

Post by SPACE MARINE »

Jarl is always up for a good party, you're welcome to use him.

Thanks for the tips AK! I started a little last night, and the festivities seem to be taking the form of a drinking contest. One much smaller tip, but still cool: when on a hillside, gray adventurer's pith helmets with a few studs in the headgrip make good rocks, poking out of a snowy mountainside or hill.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good- Rom. 12:21

Little Bricks, BIG dreams