LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread *We've Moved!*

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread

Post by AK_Brickster »

Okay, after asking the 3 people who voted for other MOCs to choose between the three finalists, they split the vote 3 ways :?

Luckily, we got a late vote from someone else to break the tie, so a finalist has been chosen. In the interest of transparency, the results are below:

Entry / Voters

Athalus - Ruins / AK_Brickster, Ronin Dragonslayer, RichardAM, Brother Steven
Eklund - Magma Fortress / gurusql, Azaghal, Athalus, Tastymuffins
AK_Brickster - Necromancers / Andhe, Eklund, Crazycrownieguy, Mattias, Daken the Bladesmith

So the finalist is my build, with 5 votes. Great job everyone and great participation. A very tough decision indeed!

EDIT:

OK guys, the voting thread with finalists is now live over in the MOC forum.
Check it out HERE

Good luck to our finalists!

Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

SCORING UPDATED - Please Review for Completeness and Accuracy.

Keep PM'ing those GC3 votes to me! It's a very tight race!
Brother Steven
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Brother Steven »

A last minute Freebuild for February. :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23329
Mattias
Villein

Post by Mattias »

Mattias departed the boat and stepped on Garheim for the first time in three months. Mattias, along with most of the men of Garheim, left to eradicate the magic-users in the magic isles. There, they were met with the fiercest of resistance, fighting the wizards along with the mighty bandit and outlaw hordes.

While the men of Garheim, Lenfeld, and Loreos fought bravely, many casualties were taken. Mattias lost almost half of his troops and friends fighting an outlaw camp roughly four-times the size of them. The rest of Mattias' forces were told they could go home, that there job was done and that they should go back to defend Garheim in the case of an attack. Eagerly, the troops loaded onto their longboats and sailed back to their winter land.

When Mattias got back, he went o his favorite spot, a small pond a few miles north of his hall in Grahnhaven. There, underneath the large Oak, Mattias rested, contemplating what the future may hold for him, and for all of garheim. Most of all though, Mattias wondered, have we seen the last of magic? Have we knowingly killed the last users of an ancient beautiful art? Only time will tell....
Hey! Check out my Flickr, it's filled with other Lego-y goodness! http://www.flickr.com/photos/79463616@N06/
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Scores updated - Please review for completeness.

Most of those who earned special rewards for entering both phases of GC3 should be receiving them soon. I mailed all but Tastymuffins' and Brother Steven's last week (those will go out this week). Looking forward to seeing pictures your troops clad in spiffy new attire! :mrgreen:
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

Post by royalbrickcustoms »

AK_Brickster wrote:Scores updated - Please review for completeness.

Most of those who earned special rewards for entering both phases of GC3 should be receiving them soon. I mailed all but Tastymuffins' and Brother Steven's last week (those will go out this week). Looking forward to seeing pictures your troops clad in spiffy new attire! :mrgreen:
Did you happen to put some "spiffy new attire" in the package you sent me? LOl JK :lol:
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
~Phil. 4:13

[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=RBCustoms]Royal Brick Customs Shop (Bricklink)[/url]
Athalus
Foot Soldier

Post by Athalus »

Said 'spiffy new attire' arrived today. That cape is awesome :D Thankyou Ak!
Crazycrownieguy
Bailiff

Post by Crazycrownieguy »

So AK, Gurusql, when should we expect another LC?
Also for anyone that is interested, I had this idea for a faction exclusive chat thing, that would happen once or twice a week on the C-C chat.
Anyone that is interested, please send me a PM with the times that work best for you, and I will compile a list of possible times.
One more note while I'm at it, I have a whole bunch of builds planned :twisted:
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/12914982 ... 29d6_o.jpg[/img][img]http://5z8.info/add-worm_wcvp[/img][img]http://5z8.info/openme.exe_exoh[/img]
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Post by gurusql »

The next LC is in the works - AK and I are just working on the details. I cannot give you an exact date at this time - but very soon. :D

While you are waiting I would recommend that you read about the end of attack on the isles.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40798201@N05/]Flickr[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

If anyone is interested, LCC member Bentoft made a nifty site where you can load up your scores online.

http://bentoft.dk/lego/LCC/scores/

We will continue to require that people post their MOCs in this thread for "official" scoring purposes, but this might be a nice way to "back up" your personal scoring info.

LC10 launches tomorrow! Get ready!! :wave:
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Local Challenge X - Protect the Homeland

Story: After mixed success in the campaign to purge the Isle of Lost Souls of magic-wielding outlaws, tensions have escalated between the factions of Garheim, Lenfald, and Loreos. Now obviously, we noble Garhims did everything that we could to assist in the numerous battles that were waged, but Loreos did not send enough troops, and despite our best efforts to help, they lost many hundreds of men to the fell beasts of the island.
Now, looking for someone to blame for their failures, they have turned hostile. It is safe to assume that the Loreesi/Lenfel border will be a bloody battlefield soon enough. It remains to be seen whether our neighbors to the south will become hostile with us as well, but we cannot sit idly by waiting to find out!!

The Challenge: There will be two phases to this LC:

Phase I - Spreading the Word
News of current events often takes months to reach distant parts of the kingdom, but we cannot afford to delay preparations in the far reaches that long. Your job is to build a scene showing your character either learning about, telling someone, or something related to informing others about the rise in tension between the factions.

Phase II - Preparing the Defenses
Since we have enjoyed a relatively peaceful relationship with Lenfald and Loreos for many years, some towns and important transportation routes have allowed their defenses to fall into disrepair. Show your character assisting in repairing existing defenses, or building new ones to secure our land in the event of an invasion. A good wall is worth a thousand men!

Requirements:
Phase I: Size is limited to 16x16 (plus border, if you like). Must include your character as well as faction banner either in the MOC or built into the border. You should also include a short story describing the scene.

Phase II: No size restriction. Must include your character, the faction banner, and should show fortifications in-progress. It is important that the fortifications not be complete in your entry, for reasons that will be clear at a later time. Ideas include a new wall around a town, a watchtower, a guarded checkpoint along a road, etc. Remember that an attack could be imminent, so there probably isn't time to build an entire castle or something like that.

Deadline: Both phases have a deadline of 11:59 Pacific Time Zone, March 31st. As usual, you should post a link in this thread to your entry's topic page (either in the MOC forum or on Flickr, for example).

Scoring:
You can enter one or both phases.
Phase I: Participation points 2
Phase II: Participation points 3
Winner of Phase I: 3 points
Winner of Phase II: 5 points

Winner for each phase will be determined by myself and Gurusql.
Please post your entries for both phases at the same time. This will make it easier for us to update the scores.

Any questions can be PM'd to me or asked in this thread.

Crazycrownieguy
Bailiff

Re: LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread *NEW LC10!*

Post by Crazycrownieguy »

Hey all, I got my first free build for this month up
you should go check it out.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23384#p255555
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/12914982 ... 29d6_o.jpg[/img][img]http://5z8.info/add-worm_wcvp[/img][img]http://5z8.info/openme.exe_exoh[/img]
EmperorMarkusI
Serf

Post by EmperorMarkusI »

Hi everyone

Here's my entry for Phase 1 of the LC10. "Poor Tidings".
(MOC forum link: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23386)
I posted all the photos and story below. If I should post less pictures or less text in the future, let me know, and I'll edit my post.

Marykk Torennson began yet another of his days as he always did, with a short walk across the town square to the armigers’ building to retrieve supplies. Or, he would have, except that a huge crowd had gathered in front of the gallows platform. It looked like everyone he knew was present…he even saw Aelbern standing in the back behind some friends. Marykk caught sight of Einryk’s burning red topknot and pushed his way through the crowd to stand with his friend in front of the platform. A finely-dressed messenger, flanked by shieldbearers, stood atop the planks with a scroll in his hand.
“Good people of Nereberg!” the man called, in a voice that said he was from the Jarl’s court. “I bring grave news. As many of you are no doubt aware, the invasion of the Magic Isles was something of a disaster.”
There was muttering here and there, and Marykk shook his head. Nereberg had received no news or call to arms before the invasion, and had only heard of it from country travelers, and then only after it was far too late to send warriors to aid in the attack. So the news that the invasion had failed came as a sort of dull surprise to the people of Nereberg.
“Our proud warriors of Garheim gained much honor in their battles! Spoils were gathered and glorious feats of bravery done! However, the invasion itself DID fail. And while many of our brave sons will be returning home, many have already passed on to the halls of their fathers.”
This was met with quiet shrugs and sighs. Nobody in Nereberg knew anyone who’d gone on or died in the invasion.
“To make matters worse, the hot-headed men of the southern deserts, the Loreesi, have gravely dishonoured our neighbors in Lenfald, and even insulted our honorable Jarl. Despite the Jarl’s patience and mercy, and his willingness to forgive such insults, the people of Lenfald are not quite so well-inclined. It seems even now that war between Lenfald and Loreos may lie near at hand. For now though, we will simply watch, and wait. The Jarl is a patient warrior, but above all he is a cautious warrior. Therefore, let it be decreed that every city and every township shall prepare themselves for war!”
At this a general murmur and shouting rose in the crowd. One of the shieldbearers stamped his foot.
“Yes, war! We must be ready! Nereberg stands vulnerable, with no curtain wall or keep to defend it. And perhaps these will not be necessary. Decide for yourselves how to defend your town, but defend it you must! Prepare…watch…be alert! The raging stallions of Loreos may break from their pens at any time. We must be ready to defend our homes!”
This led to some cheers, and the messenger stepped down, towards the town chief and his entourage. Marykk turned to his red-haired companion and motioned him away. “Come on, I’ve got a favor to ask you.”

Hope you all like it. I know the build is rather simple. It's just functional: I'm not really into smaller builds like this...not when I need a crowd of people anyway :-)
Link to the Flickr set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29378983@N ... 999042525/
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Scores updated!
(Thanks, gurusql!)

Please review for accuracy and completeness.

Glad to see the first LC10 entry for phase 1. Hoping to see more from you guys soon!
Brother Steven
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Brother Steven »

Hey guys! I made this a few weeks ago and completely forgot to post it.

So, here it is my last freebuild for this month. :)

My LC10 builds should be up in a couple days!