Re: LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread *NEW LC13!*

Post by Ronin Dragonslayer »

My first freebuild for August.

Link to the story viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24010
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Small free build- shows my character travelling to the coronation feast (of which he's attending and of which I will submit a RSVP!) :tasty:

ImageImage
Story/builder commentary here.

Also, anyone got a link to the official map? Searched but I could only find the voting thread? :/
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

The official map should be linked in the first post of this thread (at least the regional one).

I'll add links if that's not the case.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Str0ngbad
Laborer

Post by Str0ngbad »

My first free-build for Garheim is up! :D
It's for July.

Toilet paper goes over not under.
bronx
Foot Soldier

Post by bronx »

I am not a member of Garheim, or even the LCC for that matter, but I took some time to compile a list of your "active" members.

"Active" is based on a post and a build of some sort within the last six months by said member. The dates after each name is either the date of their last build submission, or their last comment (first date) and last build submission (second date).

To gather accurate information for the last six months, I viewed every post from the most current going back to page 23 (six months) of this faction thread. This should help anyone looking to verify my findings, should they choose to.

GARHEIM: 18 "active" members
  • 01. AK BRICKSTER
    02. ANDHE [08 JUL 2013]
    03. ATHALUS [12 JUL 2013]
    04. AZAGHAL [18 FEB 2013]
    05. BROTHER STEVEN [18 JUL 2013]
    06. COLOBUSTACO [27 JUL 2013]
    07. CRAZYCROWNIEGUY [18 JUL 2013] [20 JUN 2013]
    08. DAKEN THE BLADESMITH [08 JUL 2013]
    09. EKLUND [12 JUL 2013]
    10. EMPERORMARKUSI [28 MAR 2013]
    11. GURUSQL [21 JUL 2013] [09 JUL 2013]
    12. MASTER OF IT ALL [28 JUL 2013]
    13. MATTIAS [01 MAR 2013]
    14. RICHARDAM [31 JUL 2013]
    15. RONIN DRAGONSLAYER [29 JUL 2013]
    16. SIRTHARKIN [06 MAY 2013]
    17. STR0NGBAD [01 AUG 2013]
    18. TASTYMUFFINS [03 JUL 2013]
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

AK_Brickster wrote:The official map should be linked in the first post of this thread (at least the regional one).

I'll add links if that's not the case.
Yes and yes! Seeing them now :)
Daken the Bladesmith
Apprentice

Post by Daken the Bladesmith »

Thanx for putting that up Bronx, it must've taken some time to do this for all the factions. :)
It looks like we all have similar numbers of active members, besides Loreos which has 10 more than us and the outlaws and Lenfald only has 5 more.
My [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/62669143@N02/]flickr[/url]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... litia4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.marine-family.org/goodnews/31.gif[/img]Honor, Courage, Commitment. Semper Fi!
bronx
Foot Soldier

Post by bronx »

It only took a little bit of time. It's all good. I'd do it again. :wink:

But, the numbers being similar depends on what you feel is actually active, which I further elaborated on here.
Kayne_
Laborer

Post by Kayne_ »

I will be on that list soon....I know I just signed up a week ago, but I have an LC13 entry that will be posted this week, as well as a Freebuild that will be done soon
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=darkenrahl_17]Kayne is able(Bricklink)[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkenrahl_17/]My Flickr[/url]
Louie le Brickvalier
Apprentice

Post by Louie le Brickvalier »

My entry to LC13 is up!

Here it is on CC and Flickr.
Louie le Brickvalier
Apprentice

Post by Louie le Brickvalier »

Here's my first free-build for August!

CC page
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

ATTENTION GARHIMS!

Well, I was thinking today, and realized that today marks the 1 year anniversary of the results from the first annual Garheim fishing contest!
I know we currently have an LC going already, but I didn't see any reason why something with such a minimal entry requirement couldn't run concurrently ;)

So, without further ado....

**LC14 - Fishing Tournament**

The Challenge:
Summer is upon us and has finally provided some meager relief from the harsh northern conditions. The winds have abated slightly, and in southern Garheim, the weather is almost pleasant. In celebration of surviving another cold winter, and to commemorate the coronation of our new queen, Jhirian Eindrik has declared the start of Garheim's 2nd Annual Fishing Tournament! What better way to celebrate our rich fishing history than to see who among us is the best at capturing these tasty denizens of the sea? (and provide a main course for local coronation parties as well!)

Requirements: Create up to 2 characters who will participate in the fishing contest. They can include your main LCC character, but that is not required, as some of our characters may be too busy traveling to the Royal Banquet to participate. Make a short back-story for each character and post a picture of him/her/them with their fishing gear.

Each fisherman has certain skills that you must decide: Lure-making Skill, Fishing Technique, and Luck (something all fishermen need from time-to-time!)

Assign up to 6 points between the 3 skills, from 1-4 (each skill must be at least a value of 1). The higher the skill, the more rolls you'll be allowed for that part of the fish-catching process.

The second part of the challenge is to decide where you would like to fish. The regions vary in fish quantity, weather conditions, and the size of the fish in the area. A higher number in the first 2 categories indicates a higher level of difficulty. A higher number in the size category means that is the largest fish you can get in that area, from 1 being a small minnow to 6 being a literal sea-monster!

Your locations to choose from are (Quantity, Weather, and Size rankings follow):
Lake Mikithdar - Q 2, W 1, S 3 - A peaceful lake in summer, the conditions on the lake are fine and the fish plentiful. Many people from the capital and neighboring towns fish this area often though, so fish rarely have time to grow to immense sizes before being caught.
Gulf of Fishes - Q 3, W 2, S 4 - As it's name suggests, this is a great place to catch fish. It is a large body of water though, so there is some slightly choppy seas, and the fish move around in schools, making it sometimes tough to track them down in such an expansive habitat. Large fish from the ocean sometimes make their way into the bay, so good-sized catches are not uncommon.
Ice Fishing in the NW Coast - Q 1, W 1, S 2 - The weather in winter can be ferocious, but in summer, a small ice-fishing hut provides plenty of protection. The waters this far north are rarely fished, so this is the best place to catch something in all of Garheim, but since you have to pull it through your ice-fishing hole, the size of your catch is severely limited.
Jharton Bay - Q 4, W 3, S 5 - Off the Southwest coast of Garheim, there is some competition for the best fishing spots from large Lenfel ships, so finding the fish can be a bit tricky. Open water means that there are a few large waves present, so be careful. It also means that there are big fish to be found out there!
The Howling Seas - Q 2, W 6, S 6 - Due to the severe weather, this region is barely an option, even in the summer months. However, the Howling Seas supports one of the richest fish populations in all of Roawia, and some have said that the fish there are so large, they could swallow a man whole! Rich rewards may be found, IF you can live to tell the tale...
Kregand's Crater - Q 6, W 6, S 7 (sum of two rolls, up to 7) In the mountains north of Mikithdar, there is a deep pool, created by hotsprings. It is rumored to be the home of an enormous fish-monster, the size of a small ship. However, the surface waters are boiling hot, and even the best fishing gear won't last long. If you DO succeed in landing a fish, you'll get to roll twice and add the scores for a total of up to 7 for each luck point you have.

Basically, you'll have to roll 6's twice to have a chance at landing the biggest fish in Roawia!

Example:
Fisherman Name: Grunch
Skills: Lure 2, Skill 3, Luck 1 (This character would get 2 rolls to lure in a fish, 3 rolls to successfully fight the fish, and 1 roll to determine the size of the fish.)

This fisherman has decent lure-making ability, so he gets 2 chances to hook a fish. Since the quantity of fish is ranked a 4 (moderately difficult), he must roll a 4 or higher to hook a fish.
Rolls: 3, 4 - Grunch hooks a fish!

The weather off the coast of Jharton is a little rough, but our man has good skill. He has 3 tries to roll higher than a 3 to overcome the conditions.
Rolls: 6, 2, 3 (catches fish)

The fish off of the coast of Jharton can be quite large, but Grunch is short on luck. He'll only get 1 roll to determine the size, which maxes out at 5 for this fishing spot.
Rolls: 5

Final Results of Example: Grunch catches a fish, and it's a big one! It looks like he used what little luck he had to max out his potential catch's size.

If you have any questions regarding how this works, please feel free to ask them in this thread, or PM me if you want to keep your strategy safe.
The winner will be whoever catches the biggest fish. If there is a tie, then the scores of the finalists' 2nd biggest fish will determine the winner.

Lastly, it may come out that there is one region that is far more chosen than the others. If more than 5 people choose the same region, the quantity of fish in that region will be reduced by 1, due to heavy competition, so keep that in mind!
Also, your characters must fish in different location, and they must have different stats.

Reward: 2 points for entering, 2 for winning (largest catch), along with the esteemed title of "Champion of Fishes"! There will also be a runner-up award of 1 point for the person who's fishing duo has the best combined score, and 1 point for best entry.

Deadline: August 12th, 11:59:59 PST

NOTE: If you'd like to enter the same characters you used last year, that is permitted, but you'll need to take a new picture and update their story.

Example entry from last year:

Garhim Fishermen by AK_Brickster, on Flickr
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread *FISHING TOURNEY!*

Post by AK_Brickster »

SCORES UPDATED

Please review for accuracy and completeness

(Many thanks to our tireless FL, gurusql!)
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Post by gurusql »

AK_Brickster wrote:ATTENTION GARHIMS!

Well, I was thinking today, and realized that today marks the 1 year anniversary of the results from the first annual Garheim fishing contest!
I know we currently have an LC going already, but I didn't see any reason why something with such a minimal entry requirement couldn't run concurrently ;)
U
So, without further ado....
So much for riding the sidelines. I would be happy to run this contest - just let me know.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40798201@N05/]Flickr[/url]
Ronin Dragonslayer
Journeyman

Re: LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread *FISHING TOURNEY!*

Post by Ronin Dragonslayer »

Excellent! Fishing is my favorite hobby! And I'm quite good, you know :wink: I'll have to put my next free build on hold - this should be fun.