LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread *We've Moved!*

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Str0ngbad
Laborer

Re: LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread *FISHING TOURNEY!*

Post by Str0ngbad »

AK_Brickster wrote:If you have any questions regarding how this works, please feel free to ask them in this thread, or PM me if you want to keep your strategy safe.
I do have a question though it is about the build entry rather than the mechanics. Do both characters need to be in the entry build?

Glad to see you're wholly devoting yourself to your studies AK. :wink:
Toilet paper goes over not under.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

The whole thing is a game of chance, based on random number generation (I used an online "dice" site last year to generate results).
Read through the example I provided for an idea of how the number system works so that you can adjust your characters' stats to best suit where you plan to deploy them. (different skill sets might work better for different fishing regions. Some areas may require a lot of skill, others, a bit more luck)

That said, the entry doesn't have to be elaborate (see my entry from last year), but there is a bonus point up for grabs for whoever has the best fisherman (based on figure and backstory).

And yes, both figures need to be included if you want to enter two fishermen, though you don't have to enter two anglers if you don't want to. It will increase your chances by having two characters though.

Also, I'm turning over the administration of this challenge to Gurusql. I just didn't want to miss out on making this fishing challenge an annual event! :D
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Str0ngbad
Laborer

Post by Str0ngbad »

Aaaand one more question. Last one. Maybe. :spin:

From AK's example:
...he must roll a 4 or higher to hook a fish.
Rolls: 3, 4 - Grunch hooks a fish!

He has 3 tries to roll higher than a 3 to overcome the conditions.
Rolls: 6, 2, 3 (catches fish)

In the first one it says 4 or higher (greater than or equal to)
In the second it says higher than a 3 (greater than but not equal to)
Are these supposed to be different like this or are they both supposed to be greater than or equal to?

And before you ask; yes. I am taking this way too seriously. I have more fun that way. :)
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Post by gurusql »

Are these supposed to be different like this or are they both supposed to be greater than or equal to?
Since I will be running this one, I can tell you that both Fish Quantity (Q) and Weather Conditions (W) are greater than or equal to. Size tells you the largest possible size you can catch at that location. :D
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40798201@N05/]Flickr[/url]
Ronin Dragonslayer
Journeyman

Post by Ronin Dragonslayer »

My entry for the LC14 Fishing Tournament

SPLASH!!! It is midsummer in Garheim and the Jarl Jhirian Eindrik is once again hosting the annual fishing competition. Garhims from all over the realm find time from their busy schedules to grab their gear and head for the nearest body of water - all in the hopes of landing the largest fish and gaining the title "Champion of Fishes".

Link to the official page for builds, characters, and their bios and stats viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24058
Last edited by Ronin Dragonslayer on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Excellent entry!

This tournament gets kinda long. I suggest Gurusql start a new thread here in the Roleplay forum for people to post entries and for him to present the results in to keep from making the faction thread too messy.

Keep 'em coming, guys!
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

What's the entry deadline on this? [EDIT: Found it. Aug 12th] Whilst I have no idea about the numbers and stats, fig making is something I CAN do.

Will try get an entry up soon.
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Post by gurusql »

Per AK's suggestion, I moved the fishing Tourney over to a new thread located here. :eyebrows: :wave:
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Re: LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread LC13

Post by gurusql »

My entry for LC13

As Kroth Stonegrinder was preparing to attend the upcoming coronation of Galainir the question of a unique gift came up. Kroth finally decided that he would travel to Kregand’s Crater and see if a giant fish from there was for sale. With his luck Kroth watched as a local fisherman Trygve, was both overjoyed and sad to have caught such a huge creature. With the 2nd annual fishing tournament set to start in a few days, he had really wished that we had caught this fish a few days later. Looks like Kroth would be bringing a memorable gift to the coronation.

Comments can be left in the Castle MOC forum.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Don't forget that the deadline for both current LCs is tonight, so be sure to get your entries in!!
Kayne_
Laborer

Post by Kayne_ »

OK...so I am going to load a few things into this one post today:

FIrst, here is the entry for the fishing tournament

Second, is the entry for LC13. This is Gabriel out hunting turkey for the feast in honor of the new queen

Finally, I am not sure if this can be a freebuild for August, but here is the assembled troops of Gabirel Darkstar

Also, I don't mean to be pushy, but if you get a chance AK, could you let me know where I stand with character points? I want to start in on a guild, but I know I have a little bit to go yet.

Thanks!
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=darkenrahl_17]Kayne is able(Bricklink)[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkenrahl_17/]My Flickr[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I'll reply here so that other new members have this info as well....

In the first post of this thread, there is a scoreboard that shows your total points and faction standing relative to your fellow Garhims, which is updated approximately every month (usually done by gurusql, our awesome Faction Liaison).

As of the last update, you had 5 points for your CIC. Assuming your most recent post contains all of your other Garheim MOCs to-date, you'll have +2 for the fishing tournament entry, +2 for the celebration preparation entry, and +2 points for the troops (Aug FB#1), so that's +6 total. Added to your 5 points, you would appear to be at a total of 11, which is 4 points shy of the 15 needed for the rank of "Citizen".

If you complete your 2nd August free build and win one of the LC's, you'll be able to make citizen this month, otherwise you'll be able to get there next month.

(attending the coronation banquet will earn you an easy +1 point if you're interested in that, as well.)

Coronation Sign-up
readallaboutit
Gong Farmer

Post by readallaboutit »

Here is my very modest addition to the LC13. This had been built for at least a week, but I hesitated to take pictures because I really wanted to find the time to complete a more intricate build. I would rather submit something simple and at least start getting active than miss the opportunity entirely, however, so here is Falki preparing some northern delicacies for the feast.

It seems as if Falki's fortunes are with him this late summer, as he has found employ under the local fishmonger Torstead. It is not a proud life, waking up early for militia drill most mornings, and working elbow deep in fish entrails until the sun sets, but it is a steady source of income, a luxury which Falki has rarely known since his father's shop burned to the ground. Orders have steadily increased in the weeks preceding the coronation feast, and Torstead even plans to ship two barrels of his finest salted cod as his compliments to the new Queen. Someone must prepare all this fish for transport, of course, and the task of packing barrels with the cured fish has fallen to Falki. He is not one to complain, however, as his belly is full of fish, and his prospects are for the moment secure.
Str0ngbad
Laborer

Post by Str0ngbad »

^You're right to go ahead and get Falki involved. There will be grand challenges later for us to obsess over. :wink:

Here's my LC14 entry. Still need to get 13 taken care of if I can find the time this week.