LCC Crossposting Guidelines

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

LCC Crossposting Guidelines

Post by Formendacil »

Hello everyone,

I wrote most of this post in a specific topic, but as I said there, this isn't something that I want to single out a particular LCCer for, but something that I'd like to bring to the attention of everyone.

As I said there, the Classic-Castle staff is glad to see activity in the MOCs Forum and we certainly don't want to discourage either creating or posting new castle creations...

BUT

It takes all of an extra 30 seconds longer to write a new post for the MOCs Forum rather than copying whatever you write for the LCC threads. Bear in mind that the MOCs Forum is intended to showcase the MOCs themselves. This doesn't mean you can't give us the context to understand what is going on--that usually helps the viewer appreciate your MOC--but when things get lengthy or when they get LCC technical, sometimes it's better to link to things rather than include them completely.

So, before you repost something in the MOCs Forum that you've already put in an LCC thread (or that you're about to put there), ask yourself a couple things about the post:

1.) Does the text in my post make sense to any reader or just to an LCC reader?

2.) Could I link to this instead?

As I said before, we're glad to see that the LCC has taken off and given us so many excellent new MOCs to look at, and we do enjoy seeing them--but not all the LCC-specific information is going to make the general reader more interesting in your LEGO building and could in fact discourage them from commenting. Remember that when you post in the MOCs Forum, you're asking for general MOCing/Building comments. LCC-specific comments come from the LCC threads and when there is a lot of LCC information, it should mostly be found only there.

~Formendacil - Moderator
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

Re: LCC Crossposting Guidelines

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

You beat me to the punch. I was just about to post what you said in the discussion forum. Oh well. Also, it's kind of like I got reverse publicity off of this for the mistake I made. I'll take it anyway. :)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56307748@N02]Flickr[/url]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... ttorso.jpg[/img]

Check out Lands of Roawia!