LCC-Lenfald local challenge, Civil War part I & II

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Elderon
Apprentice

LCC-Lenfald local challenge, Civil War part I & II

Post by Elderon »

Here's story behind my entry in the local challenge. Hope you guys like it :wink:

Behind the Bushes by ElderonEldar, on Flickr

“An orc camp? Here?” whispered Deiros. The three of them hid behind some bushes and looked at the distinctive tents, guarded by disinterested orc-guards.
“Apparently,” replied Velaryon with a quiet voice.
“What in name of the Gods are they doing so far in to lenfel-territory. I thought we destroyed them all with the Loreesi in the marshes.”
“Well apparently not. These look like mercenaries though, judging by the armor and equipment. These are not just some band of Outlaws, these are well trained forces.”
“Who hired them?”
“let’s find out, shall we?” Velaryon got that same smile on his face as he did every time he was going to do something dangerous. He unsheathed his sword
“Oh no,” sighed Fay and she laid an arrow on her bow. “I got the guard next to the blacksmith. You guys take out the guard at the tent.”
She let go of the arrow and Velaryon stormed out of the bushes towards the guard at the tent. The orc never saw what hit him and fell down minus his head.
The blacksmith turned around and lifted his hammer, but he felt the tip of Deiros’ spear against his throat.

Interogation by ElderonEldar, on Flickr

“Oh no you don’t,” he said with a smile on his face.
“You fools! Do you have any idea who this camp belongs to?” the orc snarled out.
“No, but please enlighten us,” said Velaryon with a serious look on his face, his sword dripping with orc-blood.
“Orc-Chief Crynch. He will have you guts for breakfast if he finds out!”
“Well we plan to not let him find out, the only one who knows we were here is you. And why would you tell him when you’re dead?”
Fear took hold of the blacksmiths face.
“What do you want from me?”
“To know who hired you and where this Crynch fellow is,” said Velaryon while he held his face not an inch from the blacksmiths.
“Ainesford.”
“Ok that’s where he is, but that doesn’t answer my question. Who hired you?”
“some lord of Lenfald. Stephen or something.”
“Lord Stephan from Stonewald? Seriously? I wouldn’t have sought that after him. I always believed him to be loyal to the High Lord of Lenfald,” said Velaryon while he thought this through.
“Why Ainesford?” asked Deiros.
“Obvious,” replied Velaryon. “You can launch your fleet towards Stonewald from there. This way Stephan can attack the city from two ways. We have to stop them.”
“I always thought that Ainesford is impenetrable once it shuts its gates. Why are you so worried about Ainesford?”
“I don’t know, it just doesn’t feel right,” pondered Velaryon. He turned once more to the orc blacksmith. “What is the plan? My friend is right, one does not simply take Ainesford. Tell or we will make your death a slow one.”
“Orc-Chief Crynch will take his force up the eastern wall. They have a ladder and plan to attack the force in the east. The main force will plan a diversion attack on the gate, long enough so orc-Chief Crynch will attack the defending forces in the back.”
“That’s clear,” Velaryon said and with one swing of his sword he decapitated the blacksmith.

We need to hurry! by ElderonEldar, on Flickr

“So we ride to Ainesford, as if we are chased by the Demon God himself!”
“Velaryon, wait,” Fay looked at him.
“What?”
“You are not sir Velaryon of Strongborough anymore, you don’t have to do this.”
“You are right. But I am still Velaryon of Lenfald, and I will not turn my back on it!”

We must ride! by ElderonEldar, on Flickr

They got to their horses and started to ride to Ainesford. The horses rode as if they were being chased by the wolves of Megablocks. Velaryon wondered if they would make it in time.

Like blessed by the gods themselves they arrived just in time at the gates of Ainesford. They warned the Captain of the guard and hurried to the eastern wall.
The orcs were already at the wall and Velaryon arrived just in time with some heavy guards to hold of the attack.
Luckily a few archers in the tower were paying attention and tried to hold them of as good as they could.
A battle ensued between the orc-Chief and Velaryon. Velaryon had troubles fighting of the strange and heavy weapon the Chief wielded. He was able to fight him of however, but only just. It will remain one of his most rewarding fights and one he will think about before leaping in to battle.
Within the walls there is chaos. Soldiers run from one point to another, archers are summoned to the battlements to aid the soldiers in the fight against the orc attackers.
Some people didn’t even notice what was going on in the city.
In the barracks a captain is planning the best way to defend the city. On the top floor a few guards are resting after a long and hard shift.
“You here that? You think we should help?”
“Nah, I’m sure they got this.”

Well, that's the story. Hope you like it. It was fun to write and I had a blast building around it.

Greetings,

Elderon
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/peasant2.jpg[/img]
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. ~G.K. Chesterton