Classic-Castle Roleplay: September

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

“HOLD TOGETHER MEN!” Sirion yelled out as he let his sword down cutting a black falcon across the chest.

The Black Knights started to push back the Falcons, but they were losing one black knight for 5 Falcon troops.

“Sirion! Pull yourself back!”

Sirion looked behind, he saw a small figure sitting on a horse, the man had a eye patch.

Sirion withdrew himself from the battle dodging the Falcon arrows as he headed towards the 3rd line.

“Are your men ready?” Sirion asked the man with the eye patch.

“Indeed, all 800 of them.”

“Good, move the 3rd line back and place your men as the 2nd half line.”

“I am happy to serve my king and a old friend.” the man replied back.

“Heh.” Sirion put his hand on the horse neck that the eye patched man was sitting.

“Just hold the line for atleast 3 hours”

“Me and my men will hold it for 5” the man replied

“Then I shall trust you to your words”

The 2rd line was breaking and some Black Knight troops were retreating without orders.

“Let us hold the 2nd line for king SIRON!” the man eye patched man yelled as he kicked his horse.

800 elit Black Knight fallowed the man. They crashed into the 2nd line killng what was left of the first line of the Black Falcons.

LR
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Radjar heard marching...

Peering over the side of one of the rocks, he spotted a company of Cavaliers, emblazoned with the mark of the Cross Knights.
"Hurm." he whispered. "Cross Knights in the back country..."
They were on a dusty road flanked by two columns of endless trees, save for one mottled and worn wooden sign that, written in long-dried, overly fanciful letters, read Fasburg: 2 Miles. Radjar looked closer at the Cross Knight company. At their head, a soldier stood in full silver armor, extravagant Cavalier helmet propped open. He had aristrocratic features; High cheekbones and ice-cold blue eyes. Whisps of fair hair were fluttering in the breeze, barely visible against his pale face. Radjar could tell he must've been some sort of noble, but the one beside him was obviously the leader. He had the same silver armor and attire, as well as helmet, save for a crimson cape and epaulettes. He had high cheekbones as well, and piercing eyes and a forked beard.
Radjar dashed back to the group, through the brush.
"All of you... there's a company of Cavaliers... And they're headed for a nearby village."
[/i]
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

When the teleharm ended BloodVaine turned to Dacker. "I'm afraid I must leave you Dacker." Bloodvaine chuckled evilly. "I'm headed to join the Eroth Gamus in the attack on the Black Knights. But don't worry Del Grakken and his dragons haven't been left out. Aezazel has found a new target for them. Oh, and I'm afraid that I have some bad news about your friend, Gib..."
Dacker felt sick. He stumbled through the neverwoods, tripping as he went. How had this happened? How had he come to this? In the moment of his victory he had defeated himself. He tripped again, his head swimming. When he rose up he found himself back at the stream. At the place where he had devoured the dragon. The place of his defeat.
He felt sick.
Then he was sick.
All the blood he had drank the last night came rushing back up. A black stream poured from his mouth. Dacker couldn't stop. He kept going until he was sure that he was throwing up his very stomach.

Finally he keeled over into the stream, exhausted. The water was icy cold. It washed over him, covering him like a blanket. He couldn't breath. He couldn't get up. He felt....tired. Oh so tired. Did it even matter? What did he have to live for now? His gift was gone. He couldn't control Coal Blood.

"Gib. What about Gib? What have you done to him BloodVaine?" BloodVaine had told him of Gib's fate. The demon Aezazel had taken control of the hermit and was using him as a spy. "How could you, BloodVaine?"
"But BloodVaine saved my life."
"No wait, he used you. He was the one who poisoned you. Not that poor dragon."
"I have to do something. I have to help Gib."

Suddenly it all came back to him.
His time in the forest.
His friendship with Gib.
His name.

He felt, somehow invigorated. He felt at peace and... and clean. It was like the stream had washed away his time under the poison's grip. But more then anything, he felt awake.

In a rush of energy he pulled his head above the water. Gasping, he crawled ashore. But as he emerged from the stream, he knew that he was no longer Dacker.

Now he was Gart.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Randolph watched in horror as he saw a large body of heavily armored, unmounted knights charge towards the broken lines of the Black Falcons. The effect was terrible to watch. Already, he estimated that some 80,000 had been killed and twice that number was in no position to fight. Even though they had been trained not to, the entire first section began to turn and run, disenheartend by their lack of success in the first three charges. The second part of the army, which made up of elite soldiers began to march forward in perfect order though, seemingly oblivious to the men fleeing past them, and they were ready to take their place. These men made up the backbone of the Black Falcon army, and all had seen combat before. The two forces clashed, but the losses on both sides were relatively low, mainly due to the fighting skills both divisions had. It was clear that the shear weight of numbers would eventually play against the Black Knight troops though. As the broken and disenheartend men of the first section reached the back, mounted officers rode in amongst them, striving to rally the terrified troops.

At that moment, Randolph saw his sergeant running breathless up the hill towards him. “My lord”, he gasped. “You are given orders to charge with all your men immediately. Randolph nodded in assent. “So here is my hour”, he thought. “I hope I will survive it.” The lieutenant then quickly wheeled his horse around to face his men. “FORM RANKS!” he yelled. “COME, LET US COME TO THE AID OF OUR COMRADES!” The few last horses of the 10,000 that had been wandering about quickly fell into line. Looking at his soldiers one last time, he unsheathed his long, sharp blade. “CHARGE!” The horses broke out in a slow trot and quickly gained speed. However, it would be another five minutes before they reached the Black Knights.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
The Green Knight
Reeve

"I am not a demon," said the figure. "I am, once more, Searil Cordate. And that wolf has saved your leader from an untimley death."
~
Meawhile, high above the ships in the Arklyndellys Vulondur, a fright knight noted the apoach of a strange black cloud. But it wasn't any cloud. It was dragons!
Reno was the first one to comprehend what had been said. He whirled around and stared at Gib. The hermit had been acting strangly ever since after the council meeting. He had become reclusive, not even talking to his wolf.

Suddenly Gib picked up the sword and rushed at Barbod. The Bull king froze, astonished. But Gib never landed a blow. The Lone Ranger jumped in and stopped the blade. Aezazel -for that was truly who was in control- blasted the Lone Ranger back with a beam of black magic, but by then, everyone else was catching on and attacking as well. Lord void made a sign with his hands and Aezazel was thrown backwards. Everyone, Barbod, Berlin, Lovana, Dordrot, Reno, Aros, Luxus, Jack Craft, the Lone Falcon, even Searil Chordate and the two guards holding Marus. They all charged.

For a moment it seemed impossible not to win, but then...

"Dragons!" "We're under attack!" "All men to your posts!" "Ready for battle!"

Lord Void whirled around. "Del Grakken." He murmured.

The Dragons were still a good way off but the fire balls had started. They rained like meteors from the sky. Death was upon everyone. But even before the soldier's had time to be afraid, their lives were saved. Bourne had made a shield. Water, bubbling upon itself had formed a dome around the ships, protecting them from the fire. In the momentary distraction, Aezazel had disappeared. No one doubted however, that he would be back. The dragons would be among them soon. They would fly through the water barrier and destroy the ships from the inside.

"We need a distraction." Lord Void thought. He looked up at the Arklyndelys Vulondur. "Perfect."
Last edited by The Green Knight on Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ok, enough of that!
The Green Knight
Reeve

"No! No I'm not mad!" Thenais was shouting now. "Tell him you're there Iirick! Please!" To his horror, Iirick turned and started to walk off. Thenais shouted, pleaded and threatened, but Iirick kept walking. When he was out of sight Thenais sank to the ground, crying in a very unmanly way.
Iirick was holding back tears himself as he marched off. He hated to do that to Thenais, but what could he have done? He had never experienced anything like Thenais. Someone who could see him. He almost didn't believe it himself. Perhaps he should have told Thenais from the beginning. Perhaps he should have said the he was invisible.
No, it went against the code. He could tell Thenais now. He could sneak back there and explain everything. No, that went against the code too. Maybe he could turn visible and go back. But what would that accomplish? What He needed to do, Iirick decided, was to find Hullin. Yes, Hullin would know what to do.

So Iirick turned from the campfire and started for Knights Kingdom.
~
Days later:

Grid: I-14
Location: The Rusty Sign. A tavern in the Black Knight border-town of Citilbrig.

"What kind of a name is that? 'The Rusty Sign.'"

Mac the magician looked over his pint at his comrade. "Well hello Thenais. That's the first thing you've said since the the night with the wolflings. Feeling better are we?"

Thenais looked down, turning away from the magician's gaze. It was silly really. He couldn't even see him. "I'm sorry Mac" Thenais said. "Maybe I am mad. I don't understand what happened back there but... Well, I shouldn't have taken it out on you."

Mac smiled, and though Thenais couldn't see it, it was evident in the magcian's voice. "Forget about it my friend. But I am glad that you've come to your senses. It's been rather strange traveling with a mute and now we can finally have a good chat. So how are you keeping yourself Thenais? Is business good?"

"Not so bad. But I'm afraid that I don't have much to show for it now. I left a lot of my things when I left with Iirick."

"Well let's not talk about that, shall we. Let's see, my business has been going rather well. Once we reach Knights Kingdom I intend to perform another show."

"Do you actually know magic, then?"

"Real magic you mean? No, sleight of hand is my work. It's like I say. Most people don't know the difference but if real wizards started performing then I'd be out of work. You know it's a shame about those fire-works. I wasted so many, fending off those beasts that I'll have to go back to Ninjara for more."

"You buy them there?"

"Yes, well, I buy the ingredients there. The actual fire-works I make myself. You know it's a shame you're blind. I could show you some pretty neat ones. But I guess that's my fault isn't it."

"It's all right. I'm a story teller remember. I could likely describe it better then even you."

At that moment a man burst in through the tavern doors. It was the town crier. The man was all in a sweat and panting when he reported.

"Bad news gents, I just got word from up north that the high emperor is been killed! They say what man has done it, is a wizard gent who goes by the name a BloodVaine. The king's all in a panic and word on the street is that he's flying the country! Well you might as well know that we're next as I've heard here and there. Sure as plum pudding we're next. And I'll be tarred and feathered if I'm going to let some wizard gent kick me out of my home! The news says that he's got a great lot of dragons with him too, as well as an army and a hand with the weather to boot. And... if you don't believe me then your sure as welcome to take a look outside and see for your own self."

There was a rushing in the room as men turned to the windows for a look. By the time Mac returned from his own peek the room was abuzz with noise.

"What is it Mac?" Thenais asked.

"It's uh... Well, it's... It's...snow."

Ok, enough of that!
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

“M'LORD!” a knight yelled at sirion...

“What is it!” Sirion yelled back as he watched the elit Black Knights and elit Black Falcons clash.

“We must retreat to the walls of the city m'lord, or we will be surrounded!”

Sirion sighed.

“Retreat...” Sirion whispered.

“What m'lord?”

“RETREAT!”

“Yes m'lord”

“Megablocks.” Sirion whispered under his breath.

“Shall we call back our elit guird?” a Black Knight asked Sirion.

“No. They would rather die than be given the order to retreat. Besides, you know they will disobey the order.” Sirion replied

The Black Knight didnt say anymore, he just returned to his post.

“RETREAT!”

a Black knight yelled out, the Black Knights started to retreat in order to the gates of the city.

“M'lord! There trying to cut us off with horses!”

Sirion was about to replie to the man when Beleriand flew over Sirion.

“He's headed for the back of the lines?!?!” a Knight in the backround yelled out.

“He's flying toards the Falcon horses!” another yelled out.

“Let him do his job, now retreat to the city you fools!” a Black Knight commander yelled out.

“We will not survive without the aid of our allies.” Sirion thought to himself as he mounted his horse.

LR
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

The din of the battle was terrible. The two elite forces, both of which were made up of men who had years of training, fought with grim determination, but for different reasons. Those in the Black Falcon ranks knew that this was all that stood between them and almost certain success, while the Black Knights knew they were to fight to the death, protecting the greater part of their army from destruction.

Meanwhile, the heavy Black Falcon cavalry continued to charge towards the retreating left flank of the Black Knight force. Before they were halfway to their goal though, Beleriand swooped down, ejecting from his mouth a plume of hot, flaming gas that killed several dozen of the knights. The dragon then quickly swooped up, and turning in the air, he dove back down to the still galloping horsemen. Randolph could not help but feel somewhat terrified at the massive winged reptile as it started its quick decent. Riding just a few feet off the ground, Beleriand held his legs out starched and slightly forward, the sharp, gleaming talons sticking out like sharp knives. Thinking fast, Randolph quickly pulled on his reins guiding his horse of the right. At that moment, a young man passed him, sword outstretched as he charged towards the oncoming creature. An instant later, he along with several others were plowed down by the dragon. At that moment though, the beast let out a terrible shriek, breathing fire furiously as his wings propelled him straight up. Randolph realized that the combined force of both the rider and Beleriand had somehow driven the unfortunate soldier’s sword through some chink in the scales on one of the creature’s feet. Sending one last fireball among the cavalry, it flew high in the air, going to some location to nurse its wound.

A great portion of the Black Knights had seen this spectacle and then saw the dragon draw off. “He’s abandoned us!” one cried out. “No he hasn’t you fool!” another replied, “there must have been some logical reason he left.” “Logical or not, the Black Falcons are regrouping! There’re charging!” Said another. A commanding officer quickly rode over with his horse. “Come” he said, “let us give them a taste of how true Black Knights fight. Form ranks! Lower spears!” He cried out. Instantly, a few hundred men around him who had been retreating started forming lines while those farther off continued their march. Digging their feet into the ground, the soldiers braced themselves for the impact as the mounted officer went around to the rear. A few dozen had bows with them, and formed a line behind those with polearms. Altogether, nearly a thousand men prepared themselves for the oncoming Flack Falcons.

Randolph saw the Black Knights scurrying around, taking their positions as his men regained their speed. Already, some arrows began to fall around him, and a few met their mark to men around him. All of a sudden, a volley of arrows whistled through the air. The close distance between the attackers and defenders combined with the tight grouping of the horsemen resulted in nearly all of the projectiles finding a mark somewhere. Before a second volley could be fired, the two forces had clashed. The sheer momentum of the horses broke through the first few ranks, but the several lines of spears quickly slowed them down. Randolph, along with a few others managed to escape any injury, but many others were not so lucky. A fierce mêlée broke out, and more than once the lieutenant was forced to use his shield against the heavy blows of axes, swords and maces. Despite the odds, the Black Knights fought bravely, but again, the sheer weight of numbers the Black Falcons carried the day as the horsemen in the back spread left and right, enveloping the opposing force. However, this act of courage by those who choose to stay behind delayed the Falcons enough to allow the greater portion of the Black Knights to retreat to safety. The same story was told barely a mile away as the last of the 800 men sent in were killed.

The first day of the battle had ended. The loss in life was enormous for both sides. All told, nearly 200,000 men would never return to their homes and families.

KP 2011!
Jack Craft
Freeman

Post by Jack Craft »

Note: Brix and Blox! Four Hurricanes in six weeks! It's been rough for Jack-- but at least this one only knocked him offline for two days...
The Green Knight wrote:Lord Void whirled around. "Del Grakken." He murmured.

The Dragons were still a good way off but the fire balls had started. They rained like meteors from the sky. Death was upon everyone. But even before the soldier's had time to be afraid, their lives were saved. Bourne, who was on the deck of the Rose Marie, had made a shield. Water, bubbling upon itself had formed a dome around the ships, protecting them from the fire. In the momentary distraction, Aezazel had disappeared. No one doubted however, that he would be back. The dragons would be among them soon. They would fly through the water barrier and destroy the ships from the inside.

"We need a distraction." Lord Void thought. He looked up at the Arklyndelys Vulondur. "Perfect."
The Arklyndelys Vulondur bobbed unsteadily above the fleet, just within the shimmering dome of water Bourne had summoned. Bourne's face was pale with concentration, and a vein ticked in his left temple as he tried to hold the shield of seawater in place against the dragon's assault. The sailors and soldiers scrambled across the decks, seeking shelter or a place from which they could fire back, though the shield was casting their arrows aside as well.

Lord Void rushed towards the airship, signaling for them to lower the ladder as he did. It had scarcely dropped towards the deck when he managed a running grab worthy of a man a tenth his age. He signaled the Arklyndelys Vulondur to begin an ascent, and it rose, carrying him and the dangling ladder across the deck of the Rose Marie as it did so.

Jack, seeing the dragons, and Lord Void making what he could only assume was an attempt to escape, lunged roughly for the ladder as it swept past. As the Fright Knight crew reeled the ladder in, they pulled both Lord Void and Jack Craft roughly over the side of the airship.

"Darkness take you, you fool!" Void shouted at him, as they tumbled onto the deck of the Arklyndelys Vulondur, "you could have killed us both!"

"Aye, and I'd be twice the fool if I let you lead your dragons against Barbod, your Voidship!"

"This is Del Grakken's work, Craft, not mine! Now stand aside and let me save your precious fleet!"

Lord Void pushed past Jack to stand at the controls of the airship, and guide it though the water shield. There was a momentary drenching, like the sudden sweep of a salty downpour, and the ship was flying free. Lord Void spun it away from the fleet towards the edge of the dragon swarm.

"Make yourselves useful, fools! Man the ballistae!"

The crew hastened to obey, rushing to the weaponry. Jack grabbed a post at the frontmost firing point.

Lord Void rigged the controls for straight line flight, and closed his eyes. His face contorted in strain, and Jack felt a sickening twist of magic in his gut.

Eroth Gamus suddenly appeared above the fleet.

To the dragon swarm, it appeared that the most powerful of their kind, the god-dragon itself, was attacking. They wheeled in panic, and not even their handlers could bring them back into formation. Eroth Gamus blasted white-hot fire among them, but it curiously failed to find any of the targets.

As well it would, since the god-dragon and its blazing attack were only a shell of illusion surrounding the Arklyndelys Vulondur, and the false-fire could not have heated a cup of tea. Several of the dragons had fled already, but a few of the bolder among them had become suspicious of Eroth Gamus's sudden appearance and lack of skill.

"Brix and Blox... his Voidship's ghost dragon won't hold them off without some genuine teeth. Hoy! You there, with the crossbow! I want a fire shaft ready!"

The Fright Knight thought Jack was a madman, since there was no way a tiny blazing crossbow bolt would ever be mistaken for dragon fire. Jack had meanwhile scooped up a small cask from the airship's supplies to load his ballista. As he took careful aim, he shouted over his shoulder to the confused archer.

"Steady aim and Jack'll stand ye a firkin of ale when we're done! I want that fire shaft in this cask before it hits target! Ready! Sharp watch! And... go!"

Jack launched the unsteady missile on a wobbly arc through the air towards the nearest dragon. Just before it struck, the Fright Knight fired.

The blazing crossbow bolt went wide, and missed the mark.

Fortunately, the dragon, seeing the incoming object out of the corner of its eye, did not.

It spat out a swirl of flame, which caught the cask of oil Jack had launched, setting it ablaze in an instant. The cask exploded like a small firebomb, spraying the dragon directly in the face and along the back with burning oil.

Dragons are largely fireproof. Their riders are not.

Its handler on fire, burning oil in its eyes, the dragon turned away from the fight. The others, seeing that "Eroth Gamus" had finally done damage, decided that they had had enough as well. Within less than a minute, the remainder of the swarm was flying back over the waves, to vanish over the horizon. Lord Void, his power spent, sagged tiredly over the controls, and the illusion vanished. He addressed the embarrassed Fright Knight who had missed his shot.

"You, archer, had best practice more diligently. And you, Jack Craft, are more useful than you would at first appear."

"Aye, and you as well," Jack grinned back.
Truffula Trees are what everyone needs.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Grid: F-20

Frederick looked over the side of the small ship. A brisk wind was blowing, and the craft skimmed across the water at a steady pace. To the east, he could just barely make out the coastline of one of the islands that the Black Knights owned. This was a dangerous place to travel, as the two nations had never really been on close terms with each other. This morning he felt somewhat restless, as if something important had happened. It gnawed at his thoughts. He was sure something had happened, but he didn’t know what. No matter how had Frederick tried to put it in the back of his head, the more the thought bothered him.

He looked out over the ship again. Suddenly he spotted something – or did he? He could of sworn he had seen a white spot on the horizon, just off the starboard side of the bow. The he saw it again – this time it did not go away. “Is that a ship?” he wondered. His suspicions were affirmed as the sailor in the crow’s nest cried out “Sail ho!” Fredrick quickly ran across the deck and climbed the short ladder that led to the steering deck. The captain of the ship, Hedrick Adolfus, was intently looking at the approaching object. “It’s some seven miles away, I reckon”, he said. “We should prepare ourselves. In these waters it's as likely to be friendly as it is not”. “What do you propose to do then?” Fredrick asked him. “Get all hands on deck and arm them with any weaponry we have. I’ll start heading to Detmold. It’s a safe harbor about thirty miles west from here.” At his commands, sailors began to go into the hold and captain’s quarters, where some weaponry was stored. Assembling on deck, the twenty odd men intently looked at the approaching ship which was now only four miles away. “It’s a Black knight galley!” one exclaimed. A look of dread passed along all the faces assembled there. “We can’t hope to outrun her. We will have to fight her. I have no intention of them getting their dirty hand on our shipment”, Hedrick said. Barking orders to his officers, who in turn yelled at the sailors, the ship prepared herself for the battle. Every yard of sail was unfurled, and wicker shields were erected on the bulwarks. Bows were tested, and swords examined.

Soon, the approaching craft was hardly a mile away, and her colors could be seen. The ship was one-masted, but two banks of oars were out, propelling her at a breathtaking speed. At the highest point of the mast, there was a large yellow flag with four dragons arranged on a blue and red checkered square. Soon, the two vessels came within several hundred yards of each other. The men who had been rowing looked exhausted as they had kept up the chase for nearly three hours, but walking on a wide plank above them, heavily armored knights strutted around, looking ready for battle. “Surrender your ship and your goods, and we will promise you a safe passage to your homeland. You are a legal prize as our countries are at war”, one of them called out through a speaking trumpet. He was wearing a large white plume on this helmet, and appeared to be in charge. “We refuse! Leave us – we are prepared to fight!” Hedrick called out. “Have it your way then – but expect no mercy for your foolish defiance!” Came the reply.

The Galley made a ninety-degree turn, and prepared to ram the small trading vessel. Frederick donned a helmet, and braced himself for the impact.

KP 2011!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: N-24
Formendacil wrote:"Hmm.. I can see why you wouldn't want just those Dragon Masters along," he said. The Sorceror-king glared in Targon's direction. "Excuse me," said Quorandis, and he left the Sorceror-king, to fight his way through the thick crowd that had gathered around Elwen.
The Green Knight wrote:"Take care of him colonel." The Sorceror King said. "I have other business to attend to."

Elbadar sighed. He still hadn't gotten a chance to relay his message about BloodVaine.

The Sorceror King, on the other hand was getting more aggravated with Targon every minute and walked off muttering something about Lord Void getting rid of his worthless men.
Unfortunately for the Sorceror-king, his business was about speaking to Captain-general Quorandis about their expedition to the Old Ruins. And Quorandis was currently occupied. With Elwen dan Raleigh. The Sorceror-king was too wily to interrupt them, seeing that Quorandis seemed rather taken with the Old Man's companion, and he wanted Quorandis' whole and complete support. An interruption would annoy Quorandis, and would not put them on to a good start.

The Sorceror-king glanced around the ballroom. He caught sight of Sir Jayko, sitting by himself in a corner, disconsolately draining a wine goblet, and staring mournfully in the direction of Elwen and Quorandis.

The Sorceror-king smiled. He would not waste this time, even if he couldn't talk to Quorandis. Checking to see where the Old Man was (he was trapped in a deep conversation with King Valentius and a courier who appeared to be wearing the Imperial colours), he made his way over to Sir Jayko.

"A tragedy, is it not?" said the Sorceror-king, taking the seat behind Jayko. The Talonjain lord jumped at his voice.

"You're that king fellow," he said, "the one the Old Man is fighting."

"Fighting is perhaps too strong a word," said the Sorceror-king smoothly. "Although we certainly don't see eye to eye."

"You wrecked the Redscythe," said Jayko.

"An unfortunate occurrence," said the Sorceror-king. "I merely wished to slow it down, but that Black Knight mage forced me into battle. Quite regrettable. As is the situation at hand." He gestured at the far table with Elwen and Quorandis.

"Elwen and that Cavalier?" said Jayko. "I certainly think so, but why do you?"

"I am more sympathetic than the Old Man has led you to believe," said the Sorceror-king. "And Quorandis has a bad reputation where pretty women are concerned." Jayko's blood began to boil.

"You mean he might....?"

"Yes," nodded the Sorceror-king, "he probably would." Jayko started to rise, but the Sorceror-king pulled him back down.

"I've got to get her away from him!" protested Jayko.

"Not in front of the whole court," said the Sorceror-king in a near-whisper. "All the guards are under his command, and I would be powerless to help you. I'm not that sympathetic. He won't do anything to harm her in front of the court, and he'll be nowhere near her from now until morning. And in the morning, he'll be with me on a journey.

"If you truly care for Elwen, that will be when you make your move. Wait until you're away from Quorandis' Cavaliers, and then steal her away, before you can meet him again. For we all know of the prowess of the Cavaliers."

"Yes..." said Jayko. "Yes..."

The Sorceror-king walked away, pleased with his handiwork. With a little bit of help from Quorandis and Jayko, he should be well away from the Old Ruins before the Old Man even got there.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Note, this is a prequel to the recent airship battle scene to clear up some errors
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Lord Void returned his gaze to the Fright Knight crew, who were testing out the dozen ballistae mounted all around the airship. Lord Void grinned slightly. His Mana power has at last recharged completely and hit felt very fit.

Watch out BloodVaine, you made a mistake when you made and enemy out of me!
P-12
The airship Arklyndellys Vulondur, above the Bull and Knight's Kingdom fleet.

Lord Void's reflections were interrupted by Bourne, who said sharply,
"Void! Something has happened on the Bull's Revenge! I fear a demon is present!"

Lord Void nodded and banked the airship sharply, inwardly confused on why he had not felt the disturbance. Perhaps he would never regain his full sence of the Mana power after all. No matter, he had no time to think about that now.

The Arklyndellys Vulondur was now hovering just a few feet above the Bull's Revenge and a commontion on deck could clearly be seen and heard. Lord Void gave over control of the helm to a Fright Knight and he and Bourne raced down the ladder.

"I didn't do it. I didn't do it. I didn't do it!" Marus was being held by two men on the deck of the Bulls Revenge. Nearly everyone of any clout was gathered on the deck in front of him. As Lord Void watched the scene unfold before him, the Arklyndellys Vulondur floated back up into the sky to take up it's protective position.

"LIAR!" Barbod cried. "Dirty Dragon Master filth! Toss him overboard and let him drown!"

"Wait Barbod." Said the Lone falcon. "We have to let him speak."

"Oh please, falcon." It was the Lone Ranger who spoke. "The evidence is all there. We're going to war here! Is this really the time for a trial?"

and then Green Knight's and Jack Craft's commence, up until:
Jack Craft wrote:Its handler on fire, burning oil in its eyes, the dragon turned away from the fight. The others, seeing that "Eroth Gamus" had finally done damage, decided that they had had enough as well. Within less than a minute, the remainder of the swarm was flying back over the waves, to vanish over the horizon. Lord Void, his power spent, sagged tiredly over the controls, and the illusion vanished. He addressed the embarrassed Fright Knight who had missed his shot.

"You, archer, had best practice more diligently. And you, Jack Craft, are more useful than you would at first appear."

"Aye, and you as well," Jack grinned back.
The threat of the dragons gone, at least for the moment, Lord Void and Jack returned to the Bull's Revenge.

Reno, Aros, the Lone Falcon, the Lone Ranger, Lord Barbod, Lovanna, Berlin, the nameless Fright Knight leader, the restored Searil Chordate, Bourne, and Marus, still in chains, were on deck. Jackel whimpered in the corner.

"Gib's gone." Barbod spoke sharply.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
The Green Knight
Reeve

The threat of the dragons gone, at least for the moment, Lord Void and Jack returned to the Bull's Revenge.

Reno, Aros, the Lone Falcon, the Lone Ranger, Lord Barbod, Lovanna, Berlin, the nameless Fright Knight leader, the restored Searil Chordate, Bourne, and Marus, still in chains, were on deck. Jackel whimpered in the corner.

"Gib's gone." Barbod spoke sharply.
Orders were given out left and right. Men were accounted for, damage was checked, the murdered men were given proper sea burials. Amazingly, the ships remained unharmed. Largely thanks to Bourne and Lord Void. The only casualties were those murdered before the battle began. Five in number. When all was set to right and the ships were moving, Barbod called Lord Void and Bourne to council...
~
Bourne and Lord Void followed Barbod into the captain's quarters where Searil was being interrogated.

"I already told you what happened!" Searil shouted. "Why do you waste time when we should be chasing that fiend to the very end of his existence. I am no demon! I am the servant of the Lord! And you are hindering my work."

At that moment Barbod and Lord Void entered. Berlin looked up at them from his seat. "If you want to take over be my guest." He said, standing and heading out the door. As he left Bourne entered followed by the Lone Ranger.

"Now Mr. Searil," said Barbod taking a seat. "You needn't worry about chasing that demon. We our even now underway. Now how about you tell us what just happened. And start from the beginning."

Searil Chordate stared at Barbod with an icy glare. "You would have me lay bare the innermost workings of a demon's heart? If I told you that, you would wish I had rather gouged out both your eyes. And what of your friends? You would make council in the presence of these... a dark wizard and a mage who manipulates the sacred sea and earth under his will."

"You may not like my companions but I can assure you that they are trust worthy. Both have proved their dedication to our mission even today. Now, Reno has told me of an exorcism at the Drullen bell keep. He says that's where it started."

"Yes." Said Searil, and he related the story of how the demon had come to control him. "All this time I have been a silent watcher. A witness to the evil deeds accomplished through my own hands. I have heard the council of BloodVaine. I know his deepest plans and what he has in store for Dametreos."

"And Aezazel let you live?" Barbod was suspicious.

"He left me for dead. It took more then you know keeping my sanity and my life. I doubt if your friend will survive at all. Of course in the end Aezazel had to let me go. You see I serve a higher master. Aezazel had an allowance of time with me and it was up."

"So what," the Lone Ranger asked. "He just dumped you and decided to take Gib?"

"It would apear so. BloodVaine sent him to follow a mana trail shortly after the royals and legolanders were subdued. He followed the trail until he found the source of it at the fleet where the airship had landed. It was during your council that this Gib was taken. He was alone in the woods, seated on a stump in the middle of a clearing. The poor fool shouldn't have been there. It is never wise to wander alone in the woods. Especially under the black trees of a Fright Knight forest."

"From what I've seen Gib likes to be alone." Lord Void was speaking now. "What I can't figure is how he was able to keep secret all this time."

"The man wasn't very outgoing." Lone Falcon commented. "I only spoke to him once when Reno introduced him. I guess no one noticed a change because their wasn't any."

"No change?" Barbod bellowed. "I think I'd call killing five of my men a change! Not to mention making an attempt on my own life!"

"Yes" said Bourne. "How did you know that Gib was going for Barbod when Lord Void and I couldn't even tell that he was possessed?"

"You will remember that I have been with him. I can tell where he is and at times what he thinks. Still, you would have been dead Barbod, had the wolf not taken action. It seems that instinct and friendship have a stronger grasp of identity then even magic."

"Where is the wolf now?" Barbod questioned.

"Luxus is taking care of it." The Lone Falcon responded. "It seems that the boy is good with animals."

Barbod nodded "So how did you come to be here after the demon left?"

"Well at first I couldn't move. I was exhausted and as I said before, I was almost killed by the ordeal. These past days I have been trying to catch you. Trying to warn you of the demon. And now he has gone, fleeing back to BloodVaine."

"What about Gib? How do we kill the demon without killing Gib?"
demon."

"Kill? You cannot kill Aezazel. But yes, to defeat the demon Gib must die. He will die that others may live. And you must kill him or he will never be released from the demon."

"What about an exorcism? It worked before."

"It will not work again. Aezazel was far less awake then. Besides, you would do your friend a favor to kill him. What he's going through now is far worse then death. Believe me, I know."

Ok, enough of that!
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Hedrick tried hard to wheel his ship around, but it was to late. The galley, made more maneuverable by its oars, struck the sailing ship just off the starboard side of the bow. The sailors began firing arrows onto the other ship, and a few oarsmen were killed along with one of the knights. Before they could fire again, some of the Black Knights had already boarded the ship. Frederick lunged forward, and parrying a blow that one of the soldiers gave him, he drove his sword forward, killing the knight while blocking one last feeble swing with his shield. Quickly stepping backwards, he then turned around and killed another Black Knight, distracted by one of the sailors fighting him. Turning again, Frederick engaged another soldier. Several blows were exchanged, one of which knocked off Frederick’s helmet. Thinking he had the perfect opportunity to dispatch him, the Black Knight swung straight down with his sword at Frederick’s exposed head. Frederick blocked it, and prepared to thrust his sword at his enemy’s exposed body. Before he could do so though, he felt himself being pulled backwards, causing his thrust to come far short of its target. He tried to turn, and caught a glimpse of the man who was pulling him – it was the knight with the white plume. Frederick tried to bring his sword around to ward him off, but before he could do so, the broad side of the man’s sword came down, knocking him unconscious.

KP 2011!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

The Green Knight wrote:"What about an exorcism? It worked before."

"It will not work again. Aezazel was far less awake then. Besides, you would do your friend a favor to kill him. What he's going through now is far worse then death. Believe me, I know."
Grid: O-10
The Bull's Revenge, part of the Bull/Knight Kingdom fleet, the Fell Sea

Searil's words sent a shudder through the gathered men and women. Even Lord Void, who usally thought of no one but himself, felt a twinge of sorrow for Gib.

Bourne intrerrupted the silence. "Chordate, you said you know of BloodVaine's plans. What is he planning to do now?"

Searil did not hesitate. "Now that Classic LEGOland, Crusader land, and the Royals have been subdued, BloodVaine plans to crush the Black Knights with one final swipe. The king of the Black Knights, Sirion, has proved to be more troublesome then BloodVaine predicted. I fear also that another, more powerful attack directed toward us is only a matter of time. BloodVaine will not be pleased when he discovers I have survived."

Lord Void nodded. "I, too, am a target. BloodVaine did not count on Dragon Master loyalty to their rightful leader."

Barbod brought the subject back to the Black Knights. "Sirion and the Black Knights are the allies of the Bulls, providing food, weapons and protection from the bloody Falcons when the Bulls were getting back on their feet."

"The Black Knight army is located at the south border of Classic LEGOland (J-11)." replied Searil.

"We can't just leave the Forestmen." pointed out the Lone Falcon, "They were the reason we went on this voyage."

A look of pain crossed Barbod's face. He was clearly torn between helping his friend's faction and the key ally to the Bulls. Before he could reply a Bull rushed into the cabin and exclaimed, "M'lord! Ships off our port quarter! Forestmen by the look of them!"

Everyone crowed onto the deck excitedly. Barbod broke into a wide grin.

"I'll be a son of a shifty-brick! Bjarn!!" he exclaimed just as Dordrot shouted, "Voolmark!" and Jack muttered "Brix and blox!"

The three Forestmen flatboats drew up beside the Bull's Revenge and Bjarn, Voolmark, Gerald Vos and Gonderin climbed aboard, grinning.

Barbod and Bjarn pounded each other on the back, Voolmark greeted Dordrot, and Gerald Vos shook hands with Trevelayn. Gonderin stared up at the floating airship in wonder.

"You certainly have expanded your resources since we last met." he stated cooly, "We must catch up on events."

Everyone agreed heartily and they all proceeded to Drullen Bell Keep.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].