Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: September

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Jack Craft wrote:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote: At that moment Voolmark broke in. "No...it can't be...lil' Jacky!"

Jack's eyes widened. "Brix and blox, it's me old schoolmaster Voolmark! Just for your information, it wasn't me who wrote 'Jack is King!' all over your spell books, sir, I swear!"

Voolmark grinned, "Heh, that point could be disputed, Jack, but alas you left before I could get you with my rod, and yer not my pupil anymore, so I guess it would be improper to whip you now!"
Oookaay... Jack would have been a guide with the forestmen about ten years ago by this timeline... which would have been in his mid to late twenties, age wise (he's mid to late thirties now, exact age unknown because he's an orphan). Does Voolmark often try to whip students at that age? :shock: (and perhaps more interesting-- would Jack be vandalizing spell books at that age? :wink: )

Remember-- part of his character history is that he never spent more than a couple of years in the same place or doing the same thing.

Hmm... maybe Voolmark was the scholar who taught him how to read and write twenty years before they ran into each other again on the Forested Isle (about thirty years ago all told?)? Yes, I can see that. Voolmark was Jack's teacher when he was really young, say, age six-ish or seven-ish, and then Jack ran away to another foster home, and they didn't run into each other again until Jack was an learning to be a guide with Bjarn many years later. That will work just fine with the characters as is, and no need to make any changes.

Ahh, the perils of continuity...

Who said anything about ten years ago. I t could have been 20. Unless I missed something in a post no one said 10, 15 ,or 20.
Space rocks.
Jack Craft
Freeman

Post by Jack Craft »

forester3291 wrote: Who said anything about ten years ago. I t could have been 20. Unless I missed something in a post no one said 10, 15 ,or 20.
Voolmark was Bjarn's childhood teacher (as established in an earlier post), and it seemed to imply that Bjarn and Jack grew up together, which isn't the case. The post was largely just me musing out loud on the back story regarding Voolmark, Jack, and Bjarn. In the previous posts, Jack said it had been ten years since he saw Bjarn (the details of their parting now resolved), which puts it in the age range I batted around above. Anyhow, it's not important.
Truffula Trees are what everyone needs.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Jack Craft wrote:
forester3291 wrote: Who said anything about ten years ago. I t could have been 20. Unless I missed something in a post no one said 10, 15 ,or 20.
Voolmark was Bjarn's childhood teacher (as established in an earlier post), and it seemed to imply that Bjarn and Jack grew up together, which isn't the case. The post was largely just me musing out loud on the back story regarding Voolmark, Jack, and Bjarn. In the previous posts, Jack said it had been ten years since he saw Bjarn (the details of their parting now resolved), which puts it in the age range I batted around above. Anyhow, it's not important.

Oh. I see. Sorry about that. I figured you had a reason for saying what you said. By the way I really like your character
Space rocks.
Jack Craft
Freeman

Post by Jack Craft »

forester3291 wrote:Oh. I see. Sorry about that. I figured you had a reason for saying what you said. By the way I really like your character
Thanks! Welcome back to CCRP, by the way.

Woah... and I just noticed how old Voolmark was from your character file... Yeah, he's been around for a long time, it seems.
I can just hear him now:

"You young whippersnapper! When I was your age, we were still in the Bronze age!"
Truffula Trees are what everyone needs.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Jack Craft wrote:
forester3291 wrote:Oh. I see. Sorry about that. I figured you had a reason for saying what you said. By the way I really like your character
Thanks! Welcome back to CCRP, by the way.

Woah... and I just noticed how old Voolmark was from your character file... Yeah, he's been around for a long time, it seems.
I can just hear him now:

"You young whippersnapper! When I was your age, we were still in the Bronze age!"

Hehehe yeah. And thanks. It's good to be back. I just couldn't live without the Roleplay. Well I could live. But I wouldn't always be this happy :D :P
Space rocks.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Jack Craft wrote:Voolmark was Bjarn's childhood teacher (as established in an earlier post), and it seemed to imply that Bjarn and Jack grew up together, which isn't the case. The post was largely just me musing out loud on the back story regarding Voolmark, Jack, and Bjarn. In the previous posts, Jack said it had been ten years since he saw Bjarn (the details of their parting now resolved), which puts it in the age range I batted around above. Anyhow, it's not important.
Yes, Voolmark was the teacher of Bjarn, Green Fox and Jack Craft, who were all youngun's then (7-10 approx) and all Foresters. Then Jack ran off and did stuff, then the fiasco between Bjarn and Green Fox happened. Green Fox goes with J'anrya to the Wolfpack, gets excommunicated by them, and J'Anrya dissapears. Green fox goes off and doesn't show up again until his returns to Drullen Bell drunk. Meanwhile, after 10+ years, Jack returns to the Forestmen where he reunites with Bjarn, learns of the Green Fox fiasco, and acts as a scout and learns how weave a water-tight basket (which he uses later when Barbod finds him). Jack then leaves the Forestmen, and later, Bjarn is inlisted to protect Isaac's daughter, which he fails at. Bjarn is excommunicated by Isaac and wanders Dametreos for a year or so before he meets Reno and Barbod in the Falcon plains.

This is all just a theory, but I think this explains everything...
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].