CCRP Public Discussion: A matter of timing

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

CCRP Public Discussion: A matter of timing

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Daimyo wrote:Kath, Fallmir: Character Killed by Adamopolis in 623 C.C.
This brings up the question of what time the World of Dametreos is set in, and how fast time is advancing. Personally, I feel it would be best if Dametreos's timetable is a dublicate of ours to keep things simple (heck, the CCRP is complicated enough as it is!) For example; right now in Dametreos it would be September 2, 2004. The Great Sea Battle was around mid-January, 2004. The Great Falcon War was in the year 1996.

Also, the seasons are parallel to ours, so Dametreos is heading into fall.

What you you guys think of this?
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I dunno. i just randomly thought up a year.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Nathan, your idea sounds good to me, I'm just wondering if things are moving as fast in Roleplay as they are for us. Or as slow. Sometimes posts over several days cover one event and the immediate consequences, while at other times, whole days may be skipped, etc...

Still, I think it ought to work. As long as we don't examine it TOO closely.

Oh, and I THINK the Great Sea Battle you're referring to would have been in mid-February.

But I could be wrong. I have been before.

Many times.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

On a side note: Is currency just referred to as plain "gold" or "silver" ?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Green Fox wrote:On a side note: Is currency just referred to as plain "gold" or "silver" ?
I should think that this would vary from country to country, and there are enough countries that whatever we use, we're likely to be right SOMEWHERE. I would guess though, that currency hasn't been a major issue yet in Roleplay. If someone buys something, it's been bought, the money's value hasn't been important.

If you want something done on that matter, I would suggest you Roleplay it. If it doesn't contradict a previous post, or break the rules, it's fact.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Here's something from Thenais's story.
It was dusk in the capitol city and Thenais was tallying up the days profits. It had been two weeks since the incident with the light and business was great. "38...39...40...41. Forty one trigs. That's over ten cobbles." Thenais said. "Not bad for a days work." He smiled as he put the coins into his small purse.
I guess that's what they use in Classic LEGOland.

Any currencies could be used in theory. In early america for example, they didn't have a national currency and used several coin forms from different foreign countries.

And as to the time frame... It doesn't matter to me what you call it. The "C.C." stuff is just a little inside joke that lets us name a time period without being too specific.

Now as to the seasons... I don't know about the seasons. I mean, could you imagine Dragon Master land under a blanket of snow? I like to think of Dametreos as a place of eternal summer. Made solely so that men and monsters may never cease to continue the adventures that their lives consist of. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing a little snow on the northern islands. In my mind, seasons are fine as long as they don't mess up the roleplay.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The Green Knight wrote: Not that I wouldn't mind seeing a little snow on the northern islands. In my mind, seasons are fine as long as they don't mess up the roleplay.
I don't think that anyone would know it was winter during the height of the Misfits Era. For what its worth though, I do picture Dametreos as a Temperate clime, at least on the continent and northwards. South of there its more Mediterranean in my mind. As for the DMs, I imagine that they never get precipitation anyways, so they wouldn't be getting snow.

Of course, that's all in my imagination.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

The Green Knight wrote:Here's something from Thenais's story.
It was dusk in the capitol city and Thenais was tallying up the days profits. It had been two weeks since the incident with the light and business was great. "38...39...40...41. Forty one trigs. That's over ten cobbles." Thenais said. "Not bad for a days work." He smiled as he put the coins into his small purse.
I guess that's what they use in Classic LEGOland.

Any currencies could be used in theory. In early america for example, they didn't have a national currency and used several coin forms from different foreign countries.
Yeah, when the Lone Falcon bought the Rose Marie from Smyth, he simply payed 1000 (or was it 10,000?) coins.
The Green Knight wrote:Now as to the seasons... I don't know about the seasons. I mean, could you imagine Dragon Master land under a blanket of snow? I like to think of Dametreos as a place of eternal summer. Made solely so that men and monsters may never cease to continue the adventures that their lives consist of. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing a little snow on the northern islands. In my mind, seasons are fine as long as they don't mess up the roleplay.
Formendacil wrote:I don't think that anyone would know it was winter during the height of the Misfits Era. For what its worth though, I do picture Dametreos as a Temperate clime, at least on the continent and northwards. South of there its more Mediterranean in my mind. As for the DMs, I imagine that they never get precipitation anyways, so they wouldn't be getting snow.
True...it was midwinter when the misfits were running about...but there was nothing specifically saying there wasn't snow about....I think...

Personally, I compare Dametreos to North America; upper isle to Falcon land is Canada, the rest of the mainland below Falcon land is the upper USA, and all the lower islands is is Mexico/Texas combined with the Mediterranean/Caribbean.

I also can't see DM land covered in snow...that area is more Egypt/desert...however I would like to see more 'snow' scenes in the RP...(so I can RP my Frigid Dwelling in)...perhaps there was global warming when the Misfits ruled and now Mother Nature is hitting Dametreos with an Ice Age (yes, I saw and loved the Day After Tomorrow :wink: ). Or perhaps when BloodVaine rules Dametreos it gets all wintery like when the White Witch rules Narnia (C.S. Lewis).

More likey then not, however, we'll probally just figure this all out when we actually roleplay it!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Well, I envisioned the Dark Forest kingdom as muddy, cold, and rainy most of the time. I envision the Dragon Master kingdoms as burning deserts, and the Ninja lands as humid and damp, much like the climate of Japan.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

He paused, and then said, "I think this isle in need of a climate change..."
Hehehe Looks like mother nature has a new name. I like it. :twisted:
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!