Classic Castle Roleplay: Creations and Illustrations

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Ok, here's the thread with the Radjar Kath exorcism:

viewtopic.php?t=2768

Right now I'm working on a scene honoring Barbod, but after that I plan on remaking the vignette into a diorama, with Bjarn, Graygon, Gladwheel, driuds and Forestmen soldiers (no DF figs :( ) I'll also have the scene right before Reno and Co comes in, because I don't have the parts to make them.

Stay tuned...
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Well I made a Illustration/ creation here it is

It's when Dordrot and Blinfar fight the Dragon Masters in the chariot. Yes those are not reall Dragon Masters but the y are elite ones. I don't have any DMs So I though that the use of my custom Dragon Mercenaries would be okay.
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Well, you could have made Dragon Master stickers using Sava's templates, but never mind, these could be mercenaries hired by Del Grakken, BloodVaine or somebody.

Looks good, whoever they are.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Formendacil wrote:Well, you could have made Dragon Master stickers using Sava's templates, but never mind, these could be mercenaries hired by Del Grakken, Vaine or somebody.

Looks good, whoever they are.

I don't have many shields and most are already stickered up :cry:

I wasn't going to print out stickers just to tear them off later and put on stuff I already had.

Oh well. Mybe I shouldn't try anymore creations since I don't have the right stuff :cry: .
Space rocks.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

I like that creation alot forester! Simple, yet very nice.
Keep it up :)
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

forester3291 wrote:Oh well. Mybe I shouldn't try anymore creations since I don't have the right stuff :cry: .
Don't feel bad Forester. I may have a lot of parts, but at least half of my figs are space and town, making them useless for the RP. I can only make all of my characters save Gerrik, and also Green Fox, Voolmark and Radjar. That doesn't leave me with many scenes, but I manage. Think back to scenes, even if they seem somewhat 'boring' (is there ever a boring moment in the CCRP?), and create the ones you can make with the parts you have. For intance, I can't make normal Barbod because I don't have a Bull torso, but in one scene he baths in Grurrulugurul Creek. I have Forestmen, I have a plain yellow torso, I have a Qui-Gon fig, and I have green, brown, tan and blue parts, so I make this scene. It's highly unlikely I will EVER make even a portion of the Great Sea Battle(TM), but perhaps maybe I'll be able to make the Hijacking of the Shadow(TM) scene if I ever buy a pirate ship. What I am trying to say is, build to your strengths.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Ok, here's a new one:

I call it, 'Bathtime for Barbod' :wink:

It's the scene where Barbod is cleaning himself in Grurrulugurul Creek and, unknown to him, is being spied upon by some Forestmen.

Complete pictures of the entire MOC coming soon!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:I call it, 'Bathtime for Barbod' :wink:

It's the scene where Barbod is cleaning himself in Grurrulugurul Creek and, unknown to him, is being spied upon by some Forestmen.

Complete pictures of the entire MOC coming soon!
You just had to make Barbod somehow......

Nice pic, I love the fact that the Forestman fig we can see to the right is grinning like that. It looks like he's really enjoying catching Barbod at unawares.

Just had a thought, though, about if you wanted to do a scene with Barbod: you could take a pic from behind, so that you don't see his torso, etc.

Actually, that would work for a lot of people, when you don't have them.

Come to think of it.... That's basically why you can't see the Jayko from the front in my Ballroom scene, cause I don't own a KK2 set with him.

Okay, I guess I didn't have a thought, or not a new one, anyway... :D
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

[quote="Lord_Of_The_LEGO"]Ok, here's a new one:

I call it, 'Bathtime for Barbod' :wink:
quote]

The smiling minifig looks life Sergeant Halfpad, one of the Forestmen at Drullen Bell who appeared in the August or July archives, I believe.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

Haha... I like that scene... :D :D
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Now that I got my Knight's Castle Wall (aka Castle Talonjay) set, I can do some illustrations with Jayko! Here's my first:

Formendacil wrote:So Jayko steeled up his courage, and began planning. From a herbalist in the city, he obtained poppy syrup, and the very night that the Forestmen began their march away from the city, he slipped it into Elwen's evening drink. He said it was a special juice from Quorandis.

Elwen drank it all.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Nice scene!!!

Wish I had Jayko to make scenes....

I LOVE the Yellow Castle. It looks, well, yellow, and yet distinguished and decorative. Great job.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Great job on this scnene Nathan! I really like the intricate detaill int the castle. I also like Elwen dress. GREAT job on a GREAT illustration! 8)
Space rocks.
Fry_slayer
Steward

Post by Fry_slayer »

Now i have always been facinated by fantasy maps with the vintage style drawings and stuff, i used to day dream about layouts of medieval LEGOLAND when i was a kid and the gaming map provides a perfect opportunity for me to try out my skill while benefiting others.... please notify if there is any error on the map

Not Big enoght? Try here
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Beautiful looking map, Fry_Slayer! I have to say that you have a good hand with these sorts of things, no doubt about it.

I love the look of the map. It reminds me of atlases and maps from the the first half of the 20th Century, or myabe the 19th... Kind of elegant, pastel-colours, type of look, if you know what I mean.