GLOBAL CHALLENGE III - PURGING THE MAGIC ISLANDS

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Aeridian
Councilor
Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Re: GLOBAL CHALLENGE III - PURGING THE MAGIC ISLANDS

Post by Aeridian »

Yayeah! Let the games begin! I'll see that the outlaws are well represented. :wink:
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeridian/]Flickr[/url]
Caelan
Aquarian

Post by Caelan »

It's on. There is no way we Lenfels can allow the Outlaws to put even a toe-hold in our great land!! 8)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/80813941@N08/]My Flickr Account[/url]
John 3:16
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

I am so doing this!
skaforhire
Villein

Post by skaforhire »

Well this is awkward... This challenge is actually what my character does already. Kill magical beings in Outlaw territory (and in the rest of the factions when on recruiting trips) I have been working on a MOC that fits this challenge over the holidays. I guess I will get to post my little bit of Outlaw on Outlaw violence as a challenge MOC!

One question, this is OK, that as an Outlaw, my character participates in the invasion to slay magical creatures? Heck he would invite the enemy armies to stay at his castle while in the isles if they were there to kill magic creatures.
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

Part 1 of my entry. ;)

skaforhire wrote:Well this is awkward... This challenge is actually what my character does already. Kill magical beings in Outlaw territory (and in the rest of the factions when on recruiting trips) I have been working on a MOC that fits this challenge over the holidays. I guess I will get to post my little bit of Outlaw on Outlaw violence as a challenge MOC!

One question, this is OK, that as an Outlaw, my character participates in the invasion to slay magical creatures? Heck he would invite the enemy armies to stay at his castle while in the isles if they were there to kill magic creatures.
Hmmm... That is a little awkward. I'll talk to the other King's councilors and get back to you. ;)
jman44
Laborer

Post by jman44 »

Hey, over the past couple days I have signed up for the LCC on the signup thread and also entered my CIC as well so am I good to start building and submitting my entries for this? It was why I finally got around to doing it and I am really excited for this!

Also, is it okay to have other factions in the Phase 2 of this since all of them are allied in this? For example, forces of Loreos come in to help the overwhelmed Lenfels take down a magical fortress...?

Thanks!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Yep, you can show any attacking / defending forces that you want!

Go ahead and start building for this. I'm sure that your sign-up and CIC will be approved when the moderators of those lists have time to get to updating them. :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Sir Bragallot
Artisan

Post by Sir Bragallot »

Awesome. Princess Lorreaine is going to love this.
[url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21682]Enter the World of Westeron[/url]
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

Post by royalbrickcustoms »

Faction FOs,
Is there a certain way Phase 1 is going to be judged, because I don't really have a lot of troops ( as you can see with my "Armies of Roawia" tread entry), but I don't really want to spend $10-15 on 6 chain mail torsos on Bricklink at the moment. I'd rather spend the money on castle-building parts, but I also want to make a good impression in my first LCC Global Challenge. I'm at a loss, anybody have any suggestions for how to "stretch" my troops yet still make my Phase 1 MOC look good?

Thanks,

~ RBC
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
~Phil. 4:13

[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=RBCustoms]Royal Brick Customs Shop (Bricklink)[/url]
Elderon
Apprentice

Post by Elderon »

The challenge isn't necessarily a display of how many troops you have, nor is it about building a giant MOC displaying all of them. It is simply a creation showing you character getting ready for the purging of the Magic Islands. If it is just your character putting on his armour in a small vignette, it counts as well. Granted, it probably will not get you to first prize, but it's a start. If you build just a small creation which shows all of the troops you currently have it will do just fine, as long as you put in some nice details.

At least that is what I'm doing, since most of my collection is in a colab-build that need to stay intact for a while. I should add that I'm not a FO, so maybe my take on this challenge is not completely right, but considering the past challenges I think I'm on the right track :wink:
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/peasant2.jpg[/img]
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. ~G.K. Chesterton
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Elderon is correct. Also, the challenge is not judged by the FOs, but will be decided by a vote first by your faction members to decide on a finalist, and then the finalists are voted on by all of Classic Castle, even those who aren't part of the LCC.
Sir Bragallot
Artisan

Post by Sir Bragallot »

Exactly. I have a large army but I'm only going to include as many figs as I feel are necessary to add to the scenery and show what's going on as I tend to feel they can get in the way.
[url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21682]Enter the World of Westeron[/url]
skaforhire
Villein

Post by skaforhire »

Mark of Falworth wrote:
Hmmm... That is a little awkward. I'll talk to the other King's councilors and get back to you. ;)

Please do, as my character would most likely never defend the magical lands, and he probably would not fight the other three factions outright either as he has no beef with them. Like I said, he is most likely to team up with them to kill other outlaws of magical origins.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

skaforhire wrote:
Mark of Falworth wrote:

Please do, as my character would most likely never defend the magical lands, and he probably would not fight the other three factions outright either as he has no beef with them. Like I said, he is most likely to team up with them to kill other outlaws of magical origins.
Why can't he go attack the magic island on his own? No one says you have to be friends with outlaws just because you are an outlaw.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Yeah, that's basically what we decided. As an outlaw, he can kill other outlaws and still earn points for his faction. Do your thing, man! :D