Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby SSchmidt » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:08 am

Yup, it ended particularly bad for the Loreesi, who had the most casualties for their knights. Then their big-boy prince ran out on a tantrum because things didn't go his way. :cry:
PSN: SSchmidt-
Image
Image
User avatar
SSchmidt
Councilor
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:53 am
Location: A pilgrim passing through Roawia

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby Mark of Falworth » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:33 am

Ronin Dragonslayer wrote:
Mark of Falworth wrote:You Loreesi think you're hot stuff :wink: ; we Garhims know how to keep our cool. 8)
Lenfels are just green with envy :sly: .



Hahaha! That is great! :lol:

Seriously though. Our Prince is really the best looking leader in LCC! I mean he has golden abs for crying out loud! Golden Abs! ;)
User avatar
Mark of Falworth
Man-At-Arms
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:51 pm
Location: In the sands of Loreos.

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby Brickninja » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:07 am

gid617 wrote:Okay. How about all those Loreesi war elephants? Your wolves may as well forget it!

How 'bout we take a look at the battle of the Pellenor scene from the Return of the King? Eomer takes out 2 Oliphaunts(close enough) with 1 spear. That's because the driver is sitting right up top there, and if he goes down from a convenient spear throw, the whole basket of men goes down, whereas if you kill a Garhim wolf, he goes down and maybe the 1 driver gets a little injured, but that's all. And, we Garhims do have horses. Huge, awesome horses. And Yetis! Mwahahaha! No one ever said some talented Garhim tamed a yeti and learned to ride it. I'm sure it's happened. And elephants are so slow. Our wolves could just zip in between their feet, driving the elephants crazy so they rear up and spill all their golden-abbed riders! :roflol:
Romans 8:38-39
The Brick Tavern Flickr
Image
Image
User avatar
Brickninja
Squire
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:41 pm
Location: Eating Sushi

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby josdu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:01 pm

David FNJ wrote:Oh, and to this guy
josdu wrote:Oh! Well I guess you forgot that us Outlaws can live in Loreos, but they don't need to because they already are the toughest! We are the most durable men in all of Roawia! How do you think we'd survive otherwise?

Hahahahaha! You think that we would actually want to waste our time with nomads and petty criminals who would cry for their non-existent home if we were to decide to spend a month-long campaign against them and drive you all out from our boarders? Certainly not!
Besides, the only reason you are still surviving is because no one cares enough to acquire the wastelands you call home (though I dare say that it isn't even a home).

I don't know if you realize it, but all your leaders could be killed any moment :twisted: ! We are in CONTROL so maybe you should think again or you could end up without a head :twisted: 8) !
David FNJ wrote:
josdu wrote:Well we outlaws have all the good stuff: wolves from Garhiem, elephants from Loreos, frogs from Lenfald (If we want to scare those anti-froglickers)! Oh and horses of course !

You know, you outlaws remind me of fruit flies - harmless (albeit annoying), never amounting to anything worthwhile, yet you sill manage to live on.....barely!
But you could never work together long enough to even be thought of as an annoying fruit fly buzzing around our heads. Maybe if you get to that point of fruit fly annoying-ness we would care to squash you like the bugs you'd resemble - or maybe we would just watch your mature form die as we all know fruit flies do not live very long.

Harmless :twitch: ! Like I pointed out above we are raiding Loreos at this very moment! Go ahead and "squash" us "bugs!" You may find it a little more difficult then you imagined :twisted: !
Flickr
Image

In those days there was no king in Israel (Roawia): every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21: 25
I was...
Image
User avatar
josdu
Journeyman
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 pm
Location: Raltworth Castle, near The Shade

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby Jackson of Garheim » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:15 pm

josdu wrote:I don't know if you realize it, but all your leaders could be killed any moment :twisted: ! We are in CONTROL so maybe you should think again or you could end up without a head :twisted: 8) !!


Well, at least we actually have leaders! :sly: You outlaws are just disorganized bunches of leaderless bandits! :P
User avatar
Jackson of Garheim
Villein
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 pm
Location: The mountains of Garheim

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby Luke the Swift~ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Yes indeed we are green!
But are indeed less mean!
Then those blasted Loreas!
Who try as they might fail to eat us!
At least those of Garheim have the respect to try to smash us!
Though they as well fail with their Axes and maces!
The outlaws Dagger misses its mark as well!
in the whirlwind of Lenfald cloaks!
They too are as dumb as bells!
Even though they might try to dote!


Thank you! Thank you very much!
Image
User avatar
Luke the Swift~
Bailiff
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Lenfald

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby josdu » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Jackson of Garheim wrote:
josdu wrote:I don't know if you realize it, but all your leaders could be killed any moment ! We are in CONTROL so maybe you should think again or you could end up without a head :twisted: !!


Well, at least we actually have leaders! You outlaws are just disorganized bunches of leaderless bandits! :P


What about our new queen :? 8) :twisted: ?
Flickr
Image

In those days there was no king in Israel (Roawia): every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21: 25
I was...
Image
User avatar
josdu
Journeyman
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 pm
Location: Raltworth Castle, near The Shade

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby Luke the Swift~ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Oh yes the Queen! Who lied to a nation and, is snow subjugating to them to domestication awesome! I hope you still think highly of her, when she turns on you like the ravenous wolf she is!
Image
User avatar
Luke the Swift~
Bailiff
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Lenfald

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby josdu » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Luke the Swift~ wrote:Oh yes the Queen! Who lied to a nation and, is snow subjugating to them to domestication awesome! I hope you still think highly of her, when she turns on you like the ravenous wolf she is!

If she is smart she won't turn on us. After all, who (but crazy Mark :P ) would throw themselves into the lion den :twisted: 8) ? Besides the only reason she tricked us (Please note she is the rightful ruler and therefore did not lie) was because she had to trick everyone else so WE could rule :sly: :twisted: !
Flickr
Image

In those days there was no king in Israel (Roawia): every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21: 25
I was...
Image
User avatar
josdu
Journeyman
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 pm
Location: Raltworth Castle, near The Shade

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby Jackson of Garheim » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:41 pm

josdu wrote:
Luke the Swift~ wrote:Oh yes the Queen! Who lied to a nation and, is snow subjugating to them to domestication awesome! I hope you still think highly of her, when she turns on you like the ravenous wolf she is!

If she is smart she won't turn on us. After all, who (but crazy Mark :P ) would throw themselves into the lion den :twisted: 8) ? Besides the only reason she tricked us (Please note she is the rightful ruler and therefore did not lie) was because she had to trick everyone else so WE could rule :twisted: !


If she is such a great and rightful ruler, why did she have to take all our leaders as hostages to keep us in line? :P
User avatar
Jackson of Garheim
Villein
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 pm
Location: The mountains of Garheim

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby josdu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:06 pm

Jackson of Garheim wrote:If she is such a great and rightful ruler, why did she have to take all our leaders as hostages to keep us in line? :P

Because you weren't smart enough to recognize her otherwise :orc: :mad: :tasty: !
Flickr
Image

In those days there was no king in Israel (Roawia): every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21: 25
I was...
Image
User avatar
josdu
Journeyman
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 pm
Location: Raltworth Castle, near The Shade

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby Jackson of Garheim » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:39 pm

josdu wrote:
Jackson of Garheim wrote:If she is such a great and rightful ruler, why did she have to take all our leaders as hostages to keep us in line? :P

Because you weren't smart enough to recognize her otherwise :orc: :mad: :tasty: !


We might have recognized her IF she hadn't kidnapped our leaders! :sly:
User avatar
Jackson of Garheim
Villein
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 pm
Location: The mountains of Garheim

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby Lord Mercat » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Well, after reading through this topic, here's my take on this. This will probably be a fairly unpopular opinion, but I firmly believe it, so I'm going to say it anyway.

I think that what is happening right now with the Queen subjugating Roawia is directly the fault of the leaders of Loreos, Lenfald, and Garheim. Now, before you brush this off as silly, please listen to my reasons why.

The leaders of the three main factions (not the actual leaders- the KC are cool guys, the ingame ones, Highlord Triphian, Jarl Eindrik, and Prince Jarius) are terrible leaders. They deserve to be locked up. Again, what is with this dislike for the leaders? Simple, actually. These same "noble, honorable leaders among men" were responsible for leading the whole of Roawia in an utterly pointless crusade to the Magic Isles. For what? What could they possibly have to gain from this? There was no evidence of any threat to the kingdom at all, no massive outlaw armies ready to invade Roawia or cause any harm to its peoples, only outcasts and the like that exist outside the jurisdiction of the three lords. They weren't doing anything illegal or really all that wrong. Roawia invaded the Island for no purpose other than to "stamp out magic" is basically what I get from reading about that particular episode. They simply decided for themselves, with no real evidence that they needed to attempt to stamp out all magic on the island, and anyone else who happened to live there. Why? Because those who live on the island are "evil"? Who decided that? They simply happen to live outside the confines of the rest of Roawia's more "civilized" and orderly factions- is that enough of a crime that you need to go in and murder half their populace in some vain attempt to establish your tyrannical rule? Sound familar? That's right, what is happening right now with Roawia is exactly what Roawia tried to do to the inhabitants of the magic island.

Furthermore, we can now look at the Lenfel-Loreesi war. What was the cause of this? Petty insults. So, because of a misunderstanding and a few poorly chosen words, Loreos invaded Lenfald. The result? Thousands of lives. For what? Because your lords felt miffed at some pithy remark? Really? Is that a good reason to throw away the lives of thousands of blindly loyal citizens of your country? Poor form. The leaders of the factions aren't fit to sit on the thrones they inhabit as they clearly don't give one lick about the people they govern. You can say what you want, but actions speak far more loudly than words in this regard.

And then, to top it all off they opened themselves up by blindly trusting this newcomer Galanir. So what if she is of legitamate birth? You can't possibly tell me she was vetted at all? What happened to those great information networks and spies? What happened to skepticism, and even if she is legit (which she probably is) why so quick to hand over power to someone who you don't understand? And not only that, but someone who's family was essentially banished for thousands of years as a direct result of the actions of your ancestors? Time doesn't heal all wounds in scenarios like this, it merely provides a place for them to fester and grow.

Either way, we can only blame the Hubris of the three lords for this predicament we are currently in. (Now, am I saying that no fault rests with the Queen- no, she is also to blame, but at the same time her motivations are understandable. Most of her actions are likely some form of revenge for all the ill her own family has suffered at the hands of the leaders of Roawia over the centuries). Personally, I would call some kind of council of nobles to strip the three lords of their titles and replace them (all) with competent leaders after this is all over. At the very least, someone needs to have these three realize just how much of this is their fault.

Now we move on to the Queen. She really screwed it up. If she had just kept her public persona, it would have been simple for her to win over the people. What do you mean by this? All she had to do was keep on doing what she was originally doing. It would not have been hard to prove she was a better leader and cared more about the public than the Lords did. After a year or so, she could have turned the will of the public against the three lords, and she could have taken total power with the support of the people of Roawia. Instead, she threw away everything she built for a short term regency. Why short term? She has no long-term leverage. What of the hostages you say? What of them? I highly doubt that the Queen would execute one of the Lords as a result of rebellion. If she kills one of them, she loses her hold over that region. For example, what would happen if she were to off Prince Jarius? Loreos would openly revolt, and while she was distracted trying to contain that region, the other regions would likely follow suit and she would quickly be ousted. And for that matter, so what if she does kill one of the lords? Wenscelaus II of Lenfald died, and what happened? We found another leader. There are plenty of people with claim to seats of power that can fill the void, and they can't possibly be worse than the leaders we have now. Even then, a stalemate can't last forever. Rebellions are starting even as we speak, hostages have escaped- the Queen has no grasp on how to retain the power she has taken. She obviously wasn't prepared for it, especially if she's had to employ all these louts who are abusing their authority and only serving to stir up more inklings of rebellion.

Now that that's been said, please don't misunderstand. This is not a complaint, or even a rant. I love the LCC- i think its a lot of fun, and the KC do a great job! I love being a part of Lenfald, we've got a lot of great builders and fantastic people both in that faction, and in every faction. This is merely an observation of the state of Roawia. The leaders of Roawia have failed, again, and again to learn from their actions. Hopefully this time it will be different and real changes will occur.

Well, there it is. I wanted to go a bit deeper than the standard "Yaaar! *insert faction here* is *insert insult here* and *insert better faction here* is so much more *insert synonym for "awesome" here*"
Lord Mercat
Laborer
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 am

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby josdu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Lord Mercat wrote:snip* snip* and more snip* :tasty:

Uhu (AKA yep), that is SO right :halo: ! Anybody (who bothered to read your extra double long post :P ) would (at least should) agree! It's a pity the queen was so dumb though :( :twisted: !
Flickr
Image

In those days there was no king in Israel (Roawia): every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21: 25
I was...
Image
User avatar
josdu
Journeyman
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 pm
Location: Raltworth Castle, near The Shade

Re: LCC - inter-faction jibber jabber

Postby Sir Valiant » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:43 pm

Nice thought out response Mercat! :)
I do believe some change is on the horizon........and I was laughing like crazy at your last sentence :lol:
I really cant wait to see what the kings council are going to come up with and where the overall storyline of Roawia will go. but whatever it is I'm excited to see it!

Sir Valiant~
"Soli Deo Gloria"
Sir Valiant~ ----------Flickr
User avatar
Sir Valiant
Archer
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:46 am
Location: Leightondrake

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay and LEGO gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest