Classic-Castle Roleplay: October

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

"It's something I have to do..." he thought.

"Jack, I have to go. Have to make amends..."

He trailed off.

Jack solemnly nodded his head, and went back into the tent.
N-6
Wolfpack Territory

Green Fox did not know how many hours he staggered around this Megablocks-on-earth where the wolfpack lived. Everything was reduced to piles so charred timber and smoking ash. But yet, he was familiar, he always had been, with this place. He picked through the ruins of a charred rum-store and could distinctly make out the smell of a rum fire long passed. Then, he found it, his old haunt:

The Wolf's Head.

He touched the door and it collapsed under him. Inside, was devestation. Everything burnt to a crisp, skeletons littering the floor or slumped on the remains of tables. Behind what was the bar istelf, the corpse of the innkeeper lay. Green Fox rolled him over with his boot. The body lay over a small trap door. Green Fox opened it, thinking:

"It had better be alright... it has to be..."

He extracted a long silver key with the wolfpack symbol at the end. The eyes were set with rubies.

He left the inn. Looking up, he say his target, the Wolfpack Tower. Set on a high pillar of rock, it had survived the fires. He ran towards it, as quickly as he could. Outside, a signpost read:

WOLFPACK TOWER
Prison

This was it.

He unlocked the door and slipped inside. It was dark, dank, and smelt vile. There was a corridor leading down, with doors on both sides. At the end was a staircase, leading to another corridor. He assuned this went on and on ad infinitum. Every door had a name-plate beside it. Most of the cells contained skeletons, or were empty. He ran down the corridors and charged up the staircases, pausing only to check the names written on the doors, finally, he passed one that aroused his interest. The door read:

CELL 12472
J'anrya

This was it. He pushed open the door.It happened to be locked. He shouted:

"J'anrya!? You there!?"

A faint voice sounded back:

"Is that you, Marcus?"

He cringed at the mention of his name.

"Yeah, it's Green Fox here. How do I open this door?"

"How the megablocks should I know?"

"I assumed you would, bearing in mind you live here!"

"I don't know... a key?"

"A key. how inventive of you."

"well, do you have any better ideas?"

"Ah.... no. I'll be right back!"

He ran up the remaining 18 flights of stairs to the very top floor. There was a door at the very end of the very last corridor reading:

COMMISIONER'S OFFICE

The door was strangely unlocked. Green Fox opened the door and drew his sword. The room was empty save for a table laden with gold and silver. He could hear a voice coming from behind a large pile of money.

"So... two ruby goblets plus that silver chalice is worth___"

Green Fox scattered the pile of money from the table.

"Hey! I was counting that..."

He looked up at Green Fox.

"oh... Ah! You! I thought I told you to___"

He drew a sword and knocked the sword from Green Fox's unready hand. Green Fox picked up a large, heavy ruby from the table and___

"Ah! The wolf's eye... Thought I would never see you again... Caused me enough trouble..."

___he battered the commisioner's head in with it. On the desk was a pile of keys. He ran back to J'anrya's cell and, after trying most of them, found the right one. J'anrya looked rather bedraggled and was wearing dirty prison clothes, but she seemed unharmed.

"Well, ...fox... you look different..."

"J'anrya... we have to go... it's Bjarn... he might be..."

"Oh tyco..."

They sprinted out of the tower towards Orion Gate.[/i]
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Jack Craft wrote:Gib opened the box.
The effect was instantaneous. The spirits of the dead burst forth from the box, whirring around the room and plastering Gib against the wall. BloodVaine seemed unaffected by this however as he stood in the eye of the cyclone, gritting his teeth.

Then, emerging from the swarm of spirits, stepped the man which no one had seen since the day that Orion fell.

“BloodVaine!” Said the emperor in a commanding voice. “We have come!”

“Get back, phantasm!” BloodVaine yelled, throwing a fireball at the emperor and obliterating the wall behind when the spell passed through its target.

“Your crimes, BloodVaine, are numerous and terrible. Even now, my corpse rots at the foot of my throne, where you left it. It bears evidence against you, but it does not stand alone, and those with me need neither proof nor conviction. They are here. Every man, women, and chilled that you ever killed in your quest for power, even those men whose bodies lay, still warm, at your feet.”

The dark mage flinched. A look of terror sprang into his eyes.

“Now, BloodVaine, your fate is set. The gavel is struck. The sentence is passed. The hour of judgment is at hand. Here and now, will you pay for your crimes.
Justice will be served.
HERE IS YOUR DOOM!”

In a fury, the spirits sprang upon him. Through the shifting shadows of the ghost’s assaults, Gib saw a horrible sight.

BloodVaine was being torn apart. Armor deteriorated into dust, as did the skin, seeming to age beyond death. BloodVaine was decomposing and from his rotting mouth, came such a hideous scream that the very life in the air seemed to die.

He was more dead then alive now, being held together only by the mana of necromancy. But now, something else was happening. Where once the spirit box had been, now sprang a vortex of black flame.

“Now,” said a voice that Gib knew to be the emperor’s. “I commend you BloodVaine, to the pit!”

But up from the funnel came another voice that Gib knew all too well.

“Come my friend. Join me my ‘master’.” And the spirits vanished into the vortex, with the laugh of Aezazel, ringing in the air.

In a burst of flame it vanished and Gib was alone. But the man dropped to his knees and closed his eyes, for they had seen too much.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: N-24

The Sorceror-king could feel it. The reign of BloodVaine was ending, and a new era would begin in Dametreos. But that didn't matter to him. He was itching to continue the task his Master had given him. He was more than willing to abandon Broadside, Targon, and all those others, and just get on with his task.

BloodVaine was dying. Even across the many hundreds of miles between Talistrand and Orion, it was plain to him. And with BloodVaine's death, the Mana he had accumlulated would dissipate into the Mana in general, the powerful web of magic on which all users in Dametreos drew would be replenished, and return to full strength soon.

His advantage would be gone.

By the same token, so would the Old Man's, but the Old Man was not what troubled the Sorceror-king, it was their common destination: the Old Ruins. Like all magic-users native to Dametreos, the guardians of the ruins drew off the Mana.

He would do better to depart immediately for the ruins, while the Mana was still weak. He would-

The Sorceror-king's thoughts broke off, distracted by a servant coming up to him with a goblet and bottle of wine.

"Would Your Majesty like a drink?" asked the servant, innocently enough. But the Sorceror-king felt that something wasn't right.

"No," he said flatly, watching the servant craftily. He probed the bottle mentally. Poisoned.

"Are you sure?" asked the servant, if that was what he was, drawing closer.

"Quite positive," said the Sorceror-king. Suddenly the servant lunged at him, a curved dagger appearing in his hands, seemingly out of nowhere.

"Too bad," he hissed as he grabbed the Sorceror-king by the throat. With a flick of his wrist, the would-be assassin flew backwards, smashing into the marble wall. His left arm was shoved across his forehead, wiping away a wide smear of makeup.

Hidden up the make were some very clear features. Ninja features.

The assassin flung himself at the Sorceror-king, but the Sorceror-king simply held out a hand, and crumpled the ninja to the floor.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Orion's Gate- The Camp.

THE soldiers, healers, and everyone in the allied camp did not know of Bloodvaine's end, and many were far too preoccupied to even observe it if they did. Radjar had gotten up and was watching warily as Jack Craft, jacket thrown on the ground, sleeves rolled up, shirt spatted with blood, operated on Bjarn vainly, and Searil and the Lone Ranger barked incessantly between themselves a few feet down the hillside. Night fall was casting evening rays upon the camp, and the sounds of fighting could still be heard coming from within the walls of what was once known as the Golden City. At the end of this battle, it would soon come to be the Crimson City.
"I was sent here my his almighty-ness, to stop you and your evil trinkets from entering this camp!" Searil snapped at the Ranger.
"Well then tell your almighty to protect you from this!"
The Lone Ranger's arm snapped forward, his sword narrowly missing Searil's chest. Searil drew his sais with a flick of a wrist, deflecting the other blows the Ranger sent his way. Some of the soldiers gathered around to watch the fight, laying their petty money down on either candidate.
Fraun, leaning against a tent-pole, couldn't but help a chuckle at seeing his men scramble over the two arguing men. It had been a grim and dark day, but it would not end any time soon. It was a bloody beginning for a gore-spattered chronicle.
Gladwheel was reviewing the day's results with Gonderin and the generals from the other armies, including Lovana and Gereld. Barbod was at Bjarn's side, along with Willem, Rosa, and Jack, while Shainya and Reno were attempting to comfort eachother amidst the dead and dying.
Without warning, Aethelred Dractor limped over to Radjar, leaning on a broken pike shaft. His clothes were considerably faded and tattered, and Radjar had rarely seen the knight out of his armor. He looked just as strong without it, though his current condition and hobbling walk betrayed that feeling.
"Radjar, I-" Dractor paused as he carefully eased himself down next to him. "I heard you and Graygon bested a legion of Cross Knights today," he continued, a friendly smile sweeping across his face.
"Ah, 'twas more like five or so each," Radjar replied modestly. "The Dragon Masters and Slayers took the rest. But I heard you took on thirty-five... Single-handed!"
Dractor laughed. "Ah... But if I'd have killed the thirty-sixth... I wouldn't be in my current disposition," he said jokingly.
The two patted eachother on the back, and Dractor went to see what he could find out of the armory. Radjar, meanwhile, went out to find Fraun, and a keg of ale to boot.

After an hour or so of ale-fueled reminiscing, Fraun and Radjar were ready to put up tent, so to speak, along with the rest of the bedraggled and exhausted army. But they would be in for a rude awakening.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: J-10
Daimyo wrote:The two patted eachother on the back, and Dractor went to see what he could find out of the armory. Radjar, meanwhile, went out to find Fraun, and a keg of ale to boot.

After an hour or so of ale-fueled reminiscing, Fraun and Radjar were ready to put up tent, so to speak, along with the rest of the bedraggled and exhausted army. But they would be in for a rude awakening.
With BloodVaine dead, the main allied king, Bjarn, wounded far past the point of being able to take command, and with the two armies exhausted beyond the ability to fight further, the battle had temporarily drawn to close.

It was not, however, anywheres near the point where it could be considered over. Although the Allies held Orion's gate, and although they had as yet been victorious, a large contingent of Cross Knights and Dragon Masters continued to hold the western side of Orion. It was rumoured that they were being led by Lucius van deMorte, or one of his lieutenants, was their leader. And unknown to the allies, they were holding out in the hope, false though it might soon be proven, that the Black Falcons were coming to their aid.

As much as possible was being done in both camps to recuperate as quickly as possible. Those soldiers able to fight were being regrouped and sent to sleep, in preparation for an attack the following morning. The wounded soldiers were being carried off the battlefied, and were being tended. It was hoped that many would be saved, if not to fight, at least to go home and live their lives in well-earned peace.

And both armies had new leaders. With the loss of BloodVaine, Aezazel, and Del Grakken in the course of one battle, the command of the defending army was a lot shakier, but there was undoubtedly a new commander, one who would accede overall control to Falconis.

In the allied camp, there were three kings who could take command: Barbod, Radjar, and Willem. Although the Wolfpack-Dark Forest feud was weakening as the result of their alliance in the war, it was thought prudent nonetheless, to allow Barbod, an experienced warrior in any event, to take command of the allied armies.

In addition, the allies were gathering into their camp many of local people. Most, it was true, were not soldiers, but with all the wounded, healers and cooks and general handimen were more useful than soldiers. But there were, here and there among the people trickling in, an occasionaly city guard, imperial infantryman, Tridentine Knight, or retired soldier, all will to bear arms for the recovery of their city.

As dawn drew nearer, so too did the continuation of battle.
sith35
Freeman

Post by sith35 »

Dawn was creeping up slowly, but not slow enough. Everyone from each side would like a bit more rest, but in the end a battle does not wait for anyone. It was a restless sleep for Graygon, his thoughts drifted to his broken home land, then to Bjarn wounded badly and the fact that he was not there to help his friend. In the end all Graygon was hoping for was a peaceful end to this for everyone he knew, but that peace was comming at a cost that was beginning to have a very high price.

Wanting to try and gain an edge for his side Graygon decided to scout out some enemy positions. Moving with speed and what little cover of darkness was left he headed out alone, toward the enemy in hopes of doing enough to free his mind of negative thoughts.
If it doesn't fit FORCE IT! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyways.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Jack Craft wrote:Gib opened the box.
J-10
Infirmery camp

Bourne, who had been dozed under a tree, woke with a start. "It is done." his whispered. He stood, calming his nerves. Then he walked to where Barbod, Gonderin, and Radjar stood.

"BloodVaine's dead."

"What?" was the instant reply.

"The spirit box was opened. BloodVaine was devoured by his own deeds."

There was a stunned silence, then Barbod let out a whoop, which soon was taken up by everyone nearby.

"BLOODVAINE IS DEAD!"

The cry ricocheted around the camp a person were starting to celebrate when Bourne suddenly cut the festivities short.

"The war's not over, so don't act like it is. Many have fallen on both sides, and there are pockets of resistance still out there. We must be dilligent until the enemy has been squashed and reconstuction of Dametreos is complete. Only then can we count our blessings."

"Aye," replied Radjar, "The war's not-SHIFTBRICK!"

The camp errupted into chaos. The Cross Knights, still loyal dispite their leader's death were making a last desperate attack on the Allies.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Dractor had barely gotten seven hours sleep when the cry of battle woke him, and he was as stiff as board, and more sore than he had imagined possible. But he was able to fight.

Throwing on the chainmail shirt he had purloined from the armoury, grabbing the conical helm he had snatched from a wounded man's bedside, and grabbing the spear and Bull Knight shield he had been given, he began to head for the battle, loosening his muscles as he went.

He definitely needed to get himself some better arms, he thought as he made his way to the battle.

Barbod was already there, rallying the troops. The enemy was nearly matched with the allies for numbers, but they had the element of surprise, and a greater number of horse. Fortunately, they didn't have the number of archers that the Forestmen and Dark Forest commanded.

"Fire!" yelled Gerald Vos, in command of the allied archers.

"What are you doing here?" asked Radjar as Sir Dractor came up behind him. "From what I last saw, you shouldn't be able to stand upright."

"Appearances are deceiving," said Sir Dractor simply. "I am not in prime condition, but I can fight. And there is a battle that needs my assistance."

"You have that right," said Radjar quietly. "I wonder where Graygon has vanished to."
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Grid: unknown

Lord Void looked around in surprise.

Where the tyco??

Where was he? A wooded forest, that was obvious. But Where was he? The Neverwood? The Warblewood? He could be anywhere in Dametreos!

Lord Void had not the energy to sit up. Megabloks, he was tired. Not magically tired, like when he had freed Reno, Aros and Luxus from the Pendants, but physically tired. Lord Void groaned. He felt like he ran run a mile in ten minutes. His arm and leg muscles were horribly sore. Perhaps he had run a mile, or two, or ten, not knowing what he was doing until he stopped here. But wait...how could he have run...hadn't he been flying...of course not, humans can't fly! But, of course, he wan't human. Wizards could do what they wanted, couldn't they?

But why had he been flying anyway...and where? And wasn't he..no..he couldn't...but...wasn't there an ship he had been on...and...

Lord Void's head exploded in pain. He knew. He remembered. All of it. BloodVaine, airships, dragons, ballistas, Del Grakken, knifes, collisions, explotions..and...that was it...teleportations! That was how he has escaped! It was a dangerous thing to do, teleporting without specifying a location, but in dire situations it could be the only option. Lord Void has escaped death by a simple spell, a spell that had placed him randomly in Dametreos. No matter. Perhaps the Mana was refreshed now, and he could teleharm Caimlin.

Lord Void attempted to block out the pain in his body and test the level of Mana, but nothing happened. He felt no Mana, nothing. Even if the Mana had been almost obliterated, like when BloodVaine had destroyed the Fire Breathing Fortress, the would be some sence of emptyness. But Lord Void felt nothing, nothing at all. Trying not to panic, Lord Void whispered the incantation for a flash of light, the first spell ever learned by novice magic wielders. Nothing.

Lord Void suddenly remembered a conversation with Jack Craft, about the origin of the name Lord Void. He had been given that title by The Master, but Void had never known why, until now. Lord Void was void of magic. He had no power. He was a mere human.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: N-24
Formendacil wrote:The assassin flung himself at the Sorceror-king, but the Sorceror-king simply held out a hand, and crumpled the ninja to the floor.
The ninja struggled back to his feet, his servant-disguise starting to discolour with blood. He started to throw himself at the Sorceror-king again. The Sorceror-king disdainfully smashed the assasin against the wall, doing no more than lifting his staff.

"Idiot," he said dispassionately. "Can't you see that you are powerless against me?"

Apparently the assassin could see it, and it appeared that he was troubled by it.

"This should not be happening," said the assassin, willing to talk, now that he was unable to kill. "You should be powerless. Lord BloodVaine said...."

"So," said the Sorceror-king quietly, "BloodVaine hired you then. The fool. My magic is not derived from the Mana. The idiot." The ninja looked at the Sorceror-king in terror and contempt.

"You fool!" he spat. "BloodVaine is far greater than you. When the Mana is restored, he will obliterate you. You, and all potential opponents."

"I hate to disillusion," sneered the Sorceror-king sarcastically, "but BloodVaine won't be doing much of anything. He's dead. And so are you."

And without another word of warning, the Sorceror-king unsheathed his sword and with a fluid motion, decapitated the ninja. Without a backwards glance, he strode off down the hall, his thoughts on the Old Ruins and his intention to depart for them.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Grid: I-10

The vast majority of the Falcon army had either fled or surrendered. Only a contingent of some 5,000 men had stood firm, and already their number was reduced to half that.

Over the course of the night though, the group managed to slip away, carrying with them the still unconscious body of their king. In the early hours of the morning their forced march had brought them back to where the original Black Falcon camp was.

Aware that news of another lost battle would send the rest of the Black Falcons into a panic as well, Martin had sent riders ahead, giving them orders to have the army retreat to their own borders. Meanwhile, Martin would camp there, wait for Falconis to recover, allow to scattered army to regroup, and access the situation from there.

The battle was far from over. “Surely”, Martin thought, “Surely the other armies will eventually seek retribution from us.”

Dawn had broke, and the weary but still determined men, hardened by their disaster had made makeshift tents and dwellings. Martin had made his way to the infirmary, formed by using whatever tents could be found and then sewed into a large canopy. The number of wounded was actually quite small – most had simply been left on the battlefield. Martin shuddered. If the rumors were true, the wounded would be nursed back to health and then used as slaves for the numerous mines to the far south of Classic Legoland. There they would die a short unhappy death.

Martin walked over to the king’s bedside. The helmet had been nearly split, and the top of the skull was fractured. Right now, Falconis was in delirium, with his head bound up in bandages, some parts moist with blood. Suddenly, he mumbled something incoherant, rasing his arm, but it quickly went down and he retured to his former state.

A doctor came to his side. “It was hard work last night, but we did the be we could. There was a fragment of bone lodged in his brain, but we pulled it out. Goodness knows what will come of that. He might recover in a few hours, he might not, though it will be weeks before he is fit to do anything of the former come to pass.”

Martin nodded. “In the meantime then, I will formally take control of the army. Have a rider send for Falconis’ son though – if our king passes, a smooth transfer of power is needed in these troubled times.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The mighty Black Falcon army had been broken. The army of Legolanders and renegade Black Falcons was victorious.

"But what about casualties?" asked Quorandis in council that night. The allied army had set up camp near the battlefield, and its leaders were meeting in Quorandis' tent.

"Far lighter than they ought to have been," replied Sir Victor de Graff. "The Sorceror-king's men escaped completely unscathed, although they report that one of Lord Void's dragons had to be put down, due to crossbow fire.

"As for our own men, the Cavaliers also escaped any deaths on the battlefield, but some two dozen were injured to the point that they are not expected to last the night, and another hundred are temporarily unfit for duty. The Club Knights lost fifty men to death, and another five hundred are incapacitated due to injury. The footmen escaped death totally, and only some fifty are gravely injured." Quorandis turned to Randolph.

"We fared reasonably well," he said. "Seventy men dead, and another hundred wounded and out of action. What will we do with the wounded Falcons on the battlefield. They number some four thousand."

"Do your best to recruit them to your cause," said Quorandis. "I do not think that you are done fighting yet. As for those who insist on remaining loyal to Falconis, place them under guard, and wait for the day when they can be brought back to your homeland."

"Now," Quorandis turned to de Graff again. "I want you to take all the Club Knights that are still fit for action, as well Marshal Targon and his Dragon Masters. Go north, and seek out Lord Bjarn's allied army. Congratulate them if you meet them, and give them aid if they require it.

"I also want you to gather and send to me all the Imperial nobles, courtiers, and soldiers that you find. Eventually the Empire must be reconstructed. The more help we have when that day comes, the better."
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Grid: G-7

Frederick rode up to the towering gates of the city on his horse. Two days of rest had improved its condition greatly. Now he was at his destination and from here he could find out what was happening. He could of pressed information from the villagers he had met along the way, but he decided against it, for there sources were most likely unreliable and based on rumors.

Frederick had been to Falconis city twice – once in his childhood, and another time some four years ago. It was certainly a majestic sight. Founded by Falconis VI, it served as a refuge for many Falcons when the military might of the Crusaders was still at its peak. Those times were long over now, and now the city was ill suited for military defense, save for the large and now expanded castle that still stood in the center.

Frederick rode through the gates and made his way through the twisting streets that led to the spire that stood in the center of the castle.

Nearly an hour and some wrong turns later, Frederick was outside the massive curtain wall that formed the outer defenses of the castle. A street ran parallel to it, and on the opposite side stood the embassies of the various nations in Dametreos. Nearly all of them were boarded up and the flagpoles in front of them bare.

Have we made enemies of every other nation?

Shrugging the thought aside, Frederick walked to the farthest building and entered it. Although the Falcon isles were part of the nation, they were semi-autonomous and kept an embassy of their own. At the desk there sat a clerk, busily signing and stamping documents. Looking up, he saw Frederick.

“Hello there!” he said, his face breaking into a smile. “It’s good to see you again Frederick. Please, do sit down.”
Easing himself into a wicker chair that was opposite the desk Frederick spoke. “I have come here to report on my father’s holdings and to inquire on how the war is going.”

“I see. On the war, it’s been mostly bits and rumors really. A larger part of the population has been conscripted. From what I’ve heard, we’ve taken most of the Royal Knight land and advanced into Black Knight land.” Leaning over, he whispered “Though I shouldn’t be telling you this, the invasion was a disaster. Falconis himself left to take command of the army.”
“You jest!” Frederick exclaimed. “The Falcon army has not lost a battle for decades! And those that were lost were really only draws.”
“Aye, but it was Adolfus who was commanding it”
“Adolfus? You mean Adolfus of Kurtz? He wouldn’t know a sword from a spear!”
“I know – somehow he managed to grab the position. His family has a lot of power in the upper circles don’t you know.”
“What else has been going on?”
“My! You are behind in the times, aren’t you boy.” The clerk smiled. “Well, as you know, Falconis allied himself with Bloodvaine a few months ago. Must of seen it as an opportunity to expand out borders. They say that Falconis even was planning to turn on Bloodvain eventually and take control of half of Dametreos. Anyway, Bloodvaine did something or other and set fire to all of the forestdweller lands.”
“What of ours? Their woods spill into our borders.”
“Falconis had planned for that. A large ditch was dug along the border. Our trees weren’t even singed.”
“Brilliant! Please, continue”
“Well, After that Bloodvaine went and attacked Orion. He took it and now it’s his headquarters. Meanwhile, our army started to go forward. That’s pretty much it in a nutshell.”
“I stopped in Limtol, and I heard news of some Caviler army.”
“Doesn’t surprise me, why I do believe between Falconis and Bloodvaine, there aren’t any more hated individuals ever!”
“Stop! That’s treason you’re speaking of. Falconis is one of the most able rulers we’ve had. We’ve gone from being one of the smallest nations to becoming one of the largest and most powerful.”

The clerk frowned, “well, have it your way. Would you like some thing to drink?”
“Water please. Also, is there a reasonable inn where I can stay?”
“Yes – right down the street. The hunter’s rest it’s called”
Last edited by lemon_squeezer2 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP 2011!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

“Now,” said a voice that Gib knew to be the emperor’s. “I commend you BloodVaine, to the pit!”

But up from the funnel came another voice that Gib knew all too well.

“Come my friend. Join me my ‘master’.” And the spirits vanished into the vortex, with the laugh of Aezazel, ringing in the air.

In a burst of flame it vanished and Gib was alone. But the man dropped to his knees and closed his eyes, for they had seen too much.
The mind of Gib was wandering. Through memory and time, it traveled. Passing through visions of forgotten sights and resting on familiar faces and locations that seemed to be without a place. Yet there were some things he did know. He was Gib, the demon had left him and BloodVaine was dead. But Gib still felt cold. The presence of Aezazel seemed to linger about him. He would never forget that terrible experience. He knew it. Even if he never remembered any other thing. What did he remember? BloodVaine was dead and He had opened the box. But why? It was his mission. The one thing besides his name that he still remembered. Gib knew BloodVaine somehow, but he couldn't place how or why.

Now, something strange happened. A whirring sensation filled Gib's head and before he could open his eyes, he was locked in a teleharm.

"Gib," the voice began. "This is Gart. You were never trained in teleharm, but I know you can hear me even if you can't respond. I want to say that I'm sorry Gib. For leaving. You may blame my change on the dragon poison, or the dragon blood, or even on that poor dragon who attacked us all those years ago. He was only acting under BloodVaine's orders. But in truth you can't really blame any of them. I wanted power. I wanted it so badly. And in my lust for it I denied you. I chose it over you and for that I am sorry. So sorry. But Gib... I tried to save you. What you've been through... I don't even know if you will live. But if you don't, then perhaps I will have some company. Good Bye Gib. I hope you can forgive me."

And it over. Gib's eyes fluttered, suddenly open and he returned to real world. With the dead bodies surrounding him and the steanch of that room assaulting his sense of smell.

"What was that all about?" Gib wondered. The hermit tried to think. Reaching back into his mind, searching for a link that would explain the strange message. "Gib, Gart, BloodVaine, dragon poison," It didn't make any sense. Gib tried harder. "Woods, trees, dragons, knights, Rigger, Dacker,"

Dacker!

Suddenly it all came back to him. The whole story of the their friendship, from Glestol to the neverwood to the attack of the dragon. And suddenly the real meaning of the teleharm became clear.

"Gart," Gib thought. "Gart. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRT!" But Gart didn't hear his friend.
~
"He's gone." Shyania sighed. "Who was he?"
"I don't know," Jack responded. "Keavur brought him in. Looks like a spear wound. Right in the heart. Better put him with the others."
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Grid: I-10

Falconis was still in delirium. Worried about further attacks, Martin had already given orders for some of the men to leave. Many stragglers had returned, and they were only to glad to withdraw to their own borders.

Now Martin sat at the king's bedside, deep in thought. The room was silent but for the occasional coughs and groaning of the several hundred men there. Beside him was a small table with a lamp on it.

Martin was about to get up when Falconis moved from his position. Getting up in surprise, the soldier watched as the king feebly struggled to turn to his side. From his lips, he painfully uttered one word
"water"

Martin quickly ran to a large deep basin in the center of the tent. Grapping a cup next to it he quickly filled it and ran back to Falconis.

The king's thin bony hands clutched the container and brought it to his lips. He drank it in one gulp and collapsed onto the bed again, exhausted.

After a few minutes, he spoke.
"Martin. Is that you there?"
Martin quickly answered. "Yes, my lord. I am here"
"I made a foolish decision to attack so suddenly. We should have come from the north."
Inwardly, Martin's spirits dropped. He was loyal to the king, yes, but he had hoped that the calamity that had befallen them would have knocked some sense into the old man. Instead, Falconis was just as, if not more so, stubborn than ever.
The king spoke again. "Withdraw the troops. Our opportunity is gone. But keep the Royal Knight land. At least we gained something from this war."
"Yes, my lord. I have started already. In addition, I have sent for you son"
Falconis seemed to be regaining his strength fast - his voice raised a bit. "That young fool. He will never make a decent king. Reading books all day, never learning to fight. No, this country needs an able leader. One who can unite the people, lead them. All my reign I have done that."
The king stopped, catching his breath. Martin used this as an opportunity to interrupt. "Perhaps if you rested a bit more"
"No, no. I can't do that. My life is slipping away - can't you see that? No, I want you to lead. My son can't do it. He'll be manipulated by that Marquis. I never liked that man anyway. No - you must lead. Do as I would do. Remove the Marquis. Take control. You have your army behind you. Do whatever you must. Remember - anyone who stands in your way is a threat."
With that, the king stopped - exhausted. He fell asleep, breathing heavily.

Martin sat down again. Falconis was right. the king's son would make a weak king and most members of the nobility worked only for their own gain. He did have the army behind him. Yes, he must make that decision. He would follow Falconis's policies, but avoid open war. First, he had to crush any resistance. A revolution or revolt would be dangerous in these times.

KP 2011!