Classic-Castle Roleplay: October

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Grid: J-9

Dordrot had been talking with Blindfar when the order to halt and rest for the knight had been called.

After eating some of the badly prepared meal Dordrot laid down on his bbedroll and closed his eyes.

Suddenly he was awake. There was a bunch of comotion u near the far front of the army on the left. Sceams of tterror and aagony.

He grabbed his axe and ran towards the commotion.

Evidenly someone had seen their army apraoching and had attacked. Red Cross Knights along with a small number of Dragon Masters had caught the army unawares. But they were slowly getting killed off.

Dordrot ran and cut a Dragon Master's head right off his shoulders, d splattering on his blade. He then took out three Red Cross Knights with a single swing of his axe. The enemy was now retreating. Running and riding away to the safety of the Yellow Castle.

---------------------------------------

Grid j-9

Frayla was dreaming. Dreaming of her mother, her Father. Sudenly they both disapeared and a horrid face of evil intent appeared clouding all else and terrifing her. She awoke with a start. What was happening to her?

After her mother and father had disapeared she hadn't had much of a good night's rest. She got up and looked up at the stars. Somewhere her Mother was out there, and she was going to find her.
Space rocks.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Grid: I-10

Randolph rode his horse by the multitude of weary discouraged Falcons as they set up what few tents were left. Of the force that had swept through Royal Knight land and penetrated Black Knight country - nearly a million men when first counted, best estimates showed that only 300,000 were fit to fight and the same number were wounded, incapable of rendering any service. The disaster that had befallen them nearly a week ago took thousands of lives, and the few horsemen that the Black Knights could muster continually harassed the Falcons through their long hard trek back to their homeland. Adolfus had wanted to regroup and attack again, but a message from the king himself had ordered him to withdraw.

A wise man he was, Randolph thought. The king of the Falcons, Falconis XXVIII had been on the throne for many years, and using diplomacy, bribes, and the sheer force of the army he had built up, the Black Falcon borders had spread and the country had become one of the largest in Dametreos. Yet ambition had now blinded him. Allying himself with Bloodvaine, how foolish! Randolph reflected. This time he made the right choice though. His precious army was decimated and in no condition to fight.

Turning back to the officer's quarters, where the leading generals were to meet at noon, Randolph heard a trumpet sound. Coming to the camp was none other than Falconis, with the two hundred imperial guards that were famous for accompanying him in battle. That would be a good thing, for the sight of their leader would almost certainly encourage the haggard troops. Simultaneously, a body of five red cross knights rode into camp just ahead of the slow moving body of the king's guards.

Now what does this mean? Randolph thought Classic Legolanders - allies of Bloodvaine no doubt. Why would they come here?

Dismounting his horse, Randolph tied him up and walked to the tent were undoubtedly both the king and Legolanders would meet.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Grid: J-10

"BloodVaine?... BloodVaine?" Aezazel was calling throughout the yellow castle, looking for BloodVaine. Suddenly he turned into a room and there he was. BloodVaine was laying on one of the kings beds with a weary, bedraggled look on his face. "By Mephistar, what happened to you?"

BloodVaine squinted open an eye and then rolled into a sitting position on the side of the bed. "I don't want to talk about it." He mumbled. "The Fire Breathing fortress has been destroyed."

The expression of Gib's face tuned to that of shock. "What? How?"

"It's not my fault!" BloodVaine snapped. "How could I concenrtate with his unending physical attacks? The man was like a hornet. Insignificant in power and yet hard to nail down." Gingerly, the dark wizard padded his black eye. "He stung where it hurt the most. I didn't mean to destroy the fortress, but I just couldn't take it! I...I let go."

"So that was it?" Aezazel said thoughtfully. "I felt your little magic burst myself. Nearly turned me inside out, it did. Why, you must have drained nearly every drop of magic in all of Dametreos. Oh, a curse on you BloodVaine! You've weakened yourself and destroyed your own fortress. And just when we need you the most! Our plan is falling apart at the very seams!"

"What!" Said BloodVaine leaping bolt upright. "What do you mean?"

"The dragons are out of control, the Eroth Gamus is dead and even as we speak an army is marching from the north."

The eyes of the dark mage leapt into flame. "This is not over yet, Aezazel! Del Grakken's men will be here soon. When they arrive tell them to mount their dragons. If the power of Coal Blood has worn away, then we will proceed in the old manner. Ready my airship, bring forth Bahamut, call forth the red cross knights and tell me... By Inion, tell me... What did you say about the Eroth gamus?"

But neither thought nor whisper of the conversation ever reached Gib. The commotion faded into darkness as it sifted through the burning blackness to the place where the hermit sat chanting.

Seed to sapling, boy to man,
Rumpelstiltskin, Peter Pan
Story, legend, tale, sooth,
Seek the light, find the truth...

The words seemed foreign to Gib, like a forgotten dream or an old tale. Still, there was something nagging him. Holding on to the back of his mind. Something he was supposed to do. There was one thing he did know, however. He was Gib. Always remember. Never forget. Always... always remember. Gib.

Life to dying, peace to war,
Never ending, nevermore,
Thinking, trying, doing, done,
Save the morning, kill the Sun...
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: I-11
Formendacil wrote:Eventually, it was decided that Caimlin's three hundred, those loyal completely to Lord Void, would remain at the Dark Dragon's Den, in command of the kingdom, while Caimlin himself would lead the three hundred who had been there before, the three hundred of more doubtful loyalties.

After a day or two of recuperation, the army was ready to move on again.
For two days Bernard Quorandis' army sat at Dark Dragon's Den, preparing for what he hoped was the last invasion. As a part of this, Bernard Quorandis was seeing to the management of the army.

The army was to be divided into three divisions. The first was the cavalry, composed of the Cavaliers and Club Knights, and it would be directly under the command of Quorandis himself, and with Sir Victor de Graff as second-in-command.

The infantry of Talistrand would form the second division. Included with them was Radjar Kath and his companions, as well as Elwen and Sir Jayko. King Kath was given command of that force.

The final force was composed of the Dragon Masters, both Caimlin's and Targon's, as well as the Royal Knights who had been recruited on the march. It was, reluctantly, placed under Targon's command.

In addition to the soldiers, there was also a half-dozen dragons or so with the army, including the Sorceror-king's dragon, and a few that Caimlin and his men had acquired at the Dark Dragon's Den.

In addition to ordering the army, Quorandis also had to receive reports from intelligence regarding the state of affairs in Legoland.

"Things are not good," he admitted to Elwen that evening. The two were taking a stroll together, but Quorandis couldn't get his mind off the job ahead of him.

"Their is virtually no army for us to rebuild if we succeed in driving BloodVaine out. The Cavaliers were almost totally destroyed. The Tridentines fled in droves to the Royal Knights. The Cross Knights remain intact, but they have eagerly joined BloodVaine, almost to a man. As for the other orders, huge numbers have died, huge numbers and fled, and those that are left have done like the Cross Knights."

"So what does that mean?" asked Elwen, although she already knew pretty much what it did.

"It means that we will not be able to draw on local support," said Quorandis. "We will not be able to gather recruits as we have here or in Royal Knight country. And if- when!- we drive BloodVaine out, there will only be a small number, returning Tridentines mainly, that we can count on to rebuild the country. We will have to start a massive recruitment drive to rebuild the orders. The Cross Knights may not be rebuilt at all."

"Is it so important that the Empire have a large army?" asked Elwen.

"It is to me," said Quorandis quietly. "The Empire has been the mainstay of peace in Dametreos for over a thousand years. It is the Emperor who has stopped wars such as these from breaking out in the past. And without the armies of the Cavaliers and the tertiary orders, there would be no way to do that. I intend to see that peace like that returns."

"What about the Fell War?" asked Elwen, as they passed Radjar Kath's quarters. "The Emperor did not intervene in that war?"

"True," said Quorandis, "but I said wars such as these. The Fell War was nothing to this. It was a localised dispute, and although it was bloodly, civilian casualties were low, and it was over relatively fast."

"This war has been short too," said Elwen. "It couldn't even have been foreseen in the spring."

"I know," said Quorandis, "I know... Hopefully, it will be over soon. Dametreos has seen enough carnage."
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:The Lone Falcon, astride his horse LEGO pounded through the undergrown, making headway under the cover of the trees and the dusk. The Lone Falcon had considered to leave his cart and gray chest behind, but he felt at a loss without them. He would have never survived in the realm of the Ogre without LEGO, his cart, gray chest and hook. He continued his journey across the border, praying he would arrive in time.
Grid: G-7

At last, the Lone Falcon had reached the Falcon Spire, capital of the Black Falcons and the headquarters of the Rebel Resistance. The nearer the Spire loomed, the crowds became thicker, making it very difficult to proceed with speed. The Lone Falcon whispered a few calming words to LEGO and pulled to the left, turning the horse and cart out of the push of crouds and along the wall of the Black Falcon's Fortress, the long stretch of walls and towers that surrounded and protected the Falcon Spire and Falconis City. For ten minutes the cart bumped down a narrow path paralell to the wall until a small, ornate entrance appeared. This was the orginal gateway into the Black Falcon's Fortress when the Black Falcons had been a tiny faction scrabbling for life. When, through war and conquest, the Black Falcons became properous, half of the Black Falcon's Fortress was torn down and rebuilt with a larger and more grand city enterance, leaving this humble opening in the wall to be forgotten by many.

Only one Black Falcon gaurd patrolled the wall, and the Lone Falcon reconised him at once. His name was Vanderdious, and he was a high-ranking member of the Rebel Resistance, an expect in everything from voice mimicking to costumes to realistic face masks. Today he was posing at Jek, a common low-ranking guard with a lisp.

"Lo', iffis s'aint Lone Falscon, yer gov'sners'ship!" Vanderdious quipped.

"Evening, good sir." replyed the Lone Falcon, smiling.

"Nary a soul's seen yer gov'sners'ship since the bwrawls in the Black Eye Pub!"

"The black bird has flown the coop." replied the Lone Falcon. The phrase didn't seem to fit into the conversation, but Vanderdious's manner changed instantly, as did his manner and his speech.

"Cows in the pasture?" he responded eagerly.

"And ready for milking." was the reply.

"In the barn, or in the shed?"

"Neither, the marketplace."

Vanderdious whistled.

"Milkmaids will rise at dawn." he assured.

"I will provide the pails." the Lone Falcon responded.

The exchance was over. Vanderdious became Jek again and grinned lopsidily at the Lone Falcon.

"'Twas good to catch sights of ye, yer gov'sners'ship, sir."

"Likewise."

The Lone Falcon bid the guard farewell and entered the city.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Grid :- J10

Reno marched along side Barbod the Bull king and Bjarn the Forest leader. Dorodot stood near, as did some more people. The army was grand, and looked strong.
It was nearing morning, yet was still dark.
The flickering lights of Orion and the Yellow Castle loomed into the distance.

--

Del Grakken was already at Orion, he had speedily marched night and day to reach his destination.
The whole city of Orion was soon to be a battle site. The streets were empty, and the wind unhindered.
BloodVaine opened his eyes, and pulled out his mansemune. The mana flow had been drained, he could not use his sorcerers might to over come the army. His mansemune had to do the job.

Del Grakken and his generals aranged the army, and well aranged it was. with dragon masters stationed in the castle as well as the city, they were like a stone wall.

----

Renos mind shifted back to Shainya. What if he never saw her again?
Dont be stupid, Reno thought to him self
Reno.. Embrace your fate... A terrible slicing noise caused Reno to clutch him self.
Barbod lifted Reno from the ground
"You all right, lad?" Barbod asked.
"yes.. yes" Reno saaid, but he was clearly shaken.

----

"Send out a small wave, grakken." BloodVaine spat. Del Grakken slowly bowed, then confired with his generals.

---

it was getting cold as morning rose. Ark pushed his helm back onto his head, and began to move faster with the army.
The Gates or orion opened, and the small force stood at the gates. it was only 100 Dragon Masters strong, but all the same they stood at the gates, not moving.

------

Bjarn gatherd his generals, and began a council with them.
They decided to send only a portion of the forces to meet the dragon masters, as it was most likley a trap. Ark was called up, and he stood in rank with the others who were going to fight The Battle For Orions Gate (TM).
The regiment marched off towards the gate of orion.
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Orion's Gate

GERELD Vos hugged the reins of his sable horse and held up his black shield defensively. Behind him, a standard bearer steadied the ebony banner of the Dark Forest.
"Bjarn, where is Radjar and the others? If they do not arrive soon, the demons will have killed us all."
"Vos, I may not be a superb strategist..." Bjarn went on, "But I know that we can hold out till they arrive. If we do not... Then we will die gallantly."
The Yellow Castle loomed over the rest of the grandiose city in the distance, shadowing the Cavalier legions that stood under its greatness. Gereld could see the small band that had headed off to converse with the Dragons. He held his breath as he could see them go down the emerald hills to the golden gate.
A Forestman messenger, designated by a black collar and plume, rode up to Bjarn non-chalantly, and promptly delivered his information.
"Lord Bjarn, there has been a Cross Knight army, predominantly mounted knights, advancing to the south under Duke Lucius Van DeMorte. We believe they are en-route to our postion at this moment, lord."
Bjarn swore loudly. "Tycoed shifty-brick megabloks... Gereld, we have little time. Alert Willem emmediately!"
Gereld rode hard to Willem's postion at the left flank. The battle was beginning.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Walking up to the tent, Randolph saw the Legolanders dismount from their horses. Adolfus was already sitting at the head of the table, with three of the army’s leading generals. He arranged himself with the latter group as two of the Cross knights stepped forward. One of them opened his mouth to speak, but Adolfus put his hand up, silencing him to stop.

“Please, wait one moment sir. At this moment our king is to come into our council. Please sit down here”, he said as he motioned to his left. Nodding his head in assent, the men went to the directed spots. A few moments later, a herald entered.

“I present to you King Falconis XXVIII, ruler of the Black Falcons, sovereign of the Bulls, monarch of the Black Falcon Isles, and overseer of Royal Knight territory”. Stepping aside, the man made way for the ruler, accompanied by two fully armored soldiers, each equipped with a short pike and a sword. Everyone in the room stood up in his presence. Adolfus seemed to be quaking with fear. The king himself scanned the room, his cold piercing eyes seeming to penetrate the thoughts of each person there. His figure was thin and gaunt, and his dress was simple to the extreme. A long, sharp sword hung from his belt, and one of his thin bony hands clutched the hilt. His face was long, and from his thin small mouth he spoke.

“Adolfus! Tell me – what of the Black Knight army? Their land? Why is Rathoan still standing and their capitol left uncontested? At this moment my scouts report that a large force of Forestmen, Wolfpack, and Bulls are marching on Orion – barely fourth miles from here. You have proved you incompetence. I am removing you from command.” Adolfus scowled.
“Your attacks on my failures are so easily spat out. A dragon severally hampered our progress. What were we to do of that?”
“Silence! Before I have your head.” Falconis looked as if he could kill Adolfus simply by looking at him. “Martin – you are to replace your former commander.” He said pointing at the infantry commander. “Now tell me, what happened?”
Martin spoke up “After subduing what little resistance there was in Royal Knight land, we crossed over though Legoland territory just as Bloodvaine made his attack. There we received some trouble from some Classic Legolander knights, but Randolph here drove them off, eliminating each one we came across. We crossed the Falpine river that forms the Black Knight’s northern border, and took the first few towns which quickly surrendered. Our objective was to secure Rathoan before the bulk of the Black Knight army reached us. In this we failed due to the cumbersome size of the army. They were able to assemble some 300,000 men just outside their city. The dragon caused us much trouble, but our army drove the opposing force back into the city. We should of sent our reserve force in to cut them off, but Adolfus foolishly did not carry out this part of the plan that I had presented. We started to lay siege to the city, but some four days later, the dragon came again, catching us by surprise. The Black Knights, their numbers replenished due to the lack of a full encirclement of the city drove us back – the greater portion of our army escaped due to the charge led by Randolph – most of our able horsemen were killed then, and a few hundred horses were simply left behind when we retreated.”
“How many men are left?”
“Of the million men, 120,000 were killed on the first day, 280,000 either were killed or deserted during the retreat. Some 100,000 are severally wounded, and only 250,000 are in any condition to fight. I blame the high death toll to be largely caused by the dragon. Had it not been there, we could of easily carried the day.”
“I see. Now, you two Falconis said pointing to the Cross Knights. What are you here for?”
One of them stood up. The aforementioned army you spoke of – the one made up of Foresetmen and Bulls are at this moment threatening the city of Orian which Bloodvaine has taken. We ask that you send us a detachment to help.”
Falconis stood there, in a moment of indecision.
“I will bring 150,000 men along with myself. I personally want to see the complete and final destruction of the Bulls” he said, spitting out the last syllable. Facing Martin he said, “The wounded are to be transported to our own land though I want a detachment of 200,000 to stay here.”
“Yes, your lordship”
“Then I call this meeting to an end. Prepare the men. I want only the best to come.”
Turning away, he left the room. Randolph was both surprised and amazed at the coolness of the king. Even when confronted with cold had numbers, he did not even flinch, seemingly shrugging them off. the men who died – they were people Randolph thought. yet he simply shrugged it off… Far from being impressed, Randolph came to the point of being disgusted at the king’s actions.

KP 2011!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Bernard Quorandis' army was camped a day from Orion, to the southwest of the city. The camp was on its edge, being so close to the inevitable battle, and knowing of the magnitude of their task.

Graygon, with the reluctant recommendations of the Radjar Kath, had taken charge of the army's reconaissance. It was now past nightfall, and he was presenting his report to the captains in council.

"We have made good time," he said, addressing Quorandis as the head of the army. "The Cross Knights, now known to be commanded by Duke Lucius van DeMorte, have only just reached the city. Del Grakken and his army gone ahead of them, and are now in the city proper.

"Scouts report that the allied army, mainly composed of Forestdwellers and Bull Knights, has advanced to the eastern edge of Orion, and is now threatened on their southern flank by the Cross Knights. It appears that they intend to take the main gate first.

"The numbers are close to equal at the moment," Graygon said. "BloodVaine has a slight edge of a thousand or so. However, scouts also report that an immense Black Falcon army, certainly in the excess of 100,000 is now marching to BloodVaine's aid. It seems that they are commanded by Falconis himself. They are a remnant of the force sent against King Sirion. Scouts couldn't say whether the Black Knights still hold out or not, although it seems doubtful."

"We are in a precarious position," sighed Quorandis, as Graygon sat down. "Our numbers are such that if we were to join battle as soon as may be in conjunction with the allies, we would outnumber BloodVaine by three thousand or more, and the city would likely be ours. However...." Quorandis trailed off. Sir Dractor finished for him.

"However, we would have many wounded men, and we should be exhausted. There would be far too few men, and those too tired, to hold out against Falconis and his men."

"Yet without us BloodVaine may prevail!" said Radjar. "None of the factions Bjarn is leading can afford such a defeat. Bull numbers are few to begin with, and the Forestdwellers are still recovering from the Fell War and the Great Fire. Surely, if we take the Golden City, we can dig ourselves in too deeply to be quickly dislodged before the Falcons come."

"I don't think so," said Quorandis. "The fighting will incapacite hundreds of men, and the fortifications of the city will be much ruined by our assault. No, we must trust to the abilites of Kings Bjarn, Blackcloak, and Barbod."

"I disagree," said Graygon quietly, well aware that he was taking Radjar's side. "Our people need our help. And what good is an army of less than five thousand against an army well in excess of ONE HUNDRED thousand?"

"We do not have to face them head on," said Sir Dractor. "And as far as we know, Falconis has no knowledge of our army's presence. We are quite small in comparison to the army he commands and the army King Sirion was fighting him with, and we have made rapid progress. He will not be expecting us."

"Precisely," said Quorandis, nodding. "Falconis will not be expecting an attack from a force such as ours, and if we avoid in engaging them directly, we shall stand a good chance of cutting down many of their numbers. If we can slow their movement enough to allow Bjarn's army to recuperate and join us, we may well stand a chance of defeating him."

"And do not forget our dragons," said Caimlin. "They are no Eroth Gamus, but they are a very important factor. Even ordinary dragons such as them can wreak havoc on an army. If I may be so bold as to say so, how else have the Dragon Masters held off the Cavaliers in past quarrels?"

"I still do not wish to abandon my men," said Radjar, his blood rising slightly. "I do not agree with this course of action at all. And am I not the only king here?" Radjar regretted his words almost as soon as they left his mouth.

"You are the only king, it is true," replied Quorandis civilly, but coolly. "But you have no subjects here. And you have not yet been affirmed by the Emperor. And although that is no longer as important a matter as it was when there WAS an Emperor, the fact remains that you have little say in this matter.

"As commander of this army, and Lord Protector of the Legoland Empire, it is my decision to commit this army to a covert attack on the Black Falcon army. We will just have to commit Bjarn's army to the fates."

"And may they be merciful!" invoked Graygon fervently.

"I assure you that we will not be," said Jarvick. "BloodVaine and his lackeys have much to atone for."
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:"As commander of this army, and Lord Protector of the Legoland Empire, it is my decision to commit this army to a covert attack on the Black Falcon army. We will just have to commit Bjarn's army to the fates."
Caimlin took a breath, and then spoke. "I agree with King Kath. Lord Void is withe Lord Bjarn and King Barbod, and they will need all the help we can give them. I may not be commander of any troops, but may I suggest we attack the Golden Castle from the southeast while other Allies do the same from the northwest. I cannot fight beside my commander and chief, but I will be megabloked if I won't aid him and his allies in this time of need."

Bernard Quorandis glared. "It seems we have an issue that will not go away."

"You're tycoed right we won't submit to your orders!" snarled Rosa. She had taking an intence dislike to Quorandis, who she considered prim and snotty, "You are only concerned in battling the Black Falcons, when you should be retaking the Yellow Castle, the pride of YOUR OWN vary faction. Your loyaly is lacking!"

Quorandis swelled up furiously. "YOU, young lady have NO sence of respect for your betters!"

Rosa stepped forward and slapped Quorandis, sending a shudder through the ranks of the Classic LEGOlanders. Before Quorandis could respond Rosa was off.

"I RESPECT THOSE WHO EARN IT!! GRAYGON, SIR DRACTOR, KEAVUR, DERRICK, RADJAR, THOSE ARE THE ONES WHO I RESPECT! YOU STRUT ABOUT LIKE YOU ARE THE HERO OF DAMETREOS, WAITING BEHIND THE SCENES UNTIL YOUR PRETTY LITTLE ISLAND WAS THREATENED!"

Elwen, anger showing bright red on her face, was about to step forward when Sir Dractor grabbed her and shouted at everyone, "ENOUGH! This bickering is pointless and immature! I am in this battle because I pledged to Bjarn I would aid Forestmen in anyway I could and the longer we stand here exchanging insults and blows the less likely change there will be any Forestmen left to aid, let along any other faction of the Allies!"

"Then what do you suggest?" Quorandis asked through gritted teeth.

Sir Dractor shrugged. "Either agree on the plan of action or split up, those are the only two solutions."

"I, for one, vote we got to the aid of the Allied Army." said Keavur firmly.

"Two points." said Quorandis snappily, "First, this is not a democracy. I know Kath is the King of the Dark Forest, but what power has a king who has no followers? Second, by repelling the Black Falcons we WILL be aid the Allies."

"I agree with your second point." said Graygon tartly, "But your first is incorrect. I follow Radjar, I have since we began this quest. The Wolfpack and Dark Forest have their differences, but we have common goals now. The defeat of BloodVaine. Radjar believes that can be accomplished by an attack on the Yellow Castle, as I do."

Radjar looked astounded, but said nothing.

Fraun eyed Quorandis keenly. "You may be correct in surmising this is not a democracy, but understand that being a Classic LEGOlander does not mean you have total control over all of these gathered armies. Targon has control over the Dragon Master troops, as the highest ranking commander, and you have no say what I, Graygon, Radjar, Rosa, Sir Dractor, Keavur, Derrick and Dacker do."

"If you wish to go off and attack the Yellow Castle my your pitiful selves, be my guest, my men head to battle the Black Falcons!" snapped Quorandis, "Men, move out!"

As the Classic LEGOlanders dissapeared through the tress Quorandis turned back and said, "Elwen...will you...?"

Elwen looked almost frantically between Sir Dractor and Bernard, torn in her loyalty to two friends with drastically different views.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Elwen looked almost frantically between Sir Dractor and Bernard, torn in her loyalty to two friends with drastically different views.
"I suggest you stay with him," said Sir Dractor. "The others see you as little more than his companion. I'll go with the others and try to cool them down." Elwen did as Sir Dractor suggested.

Radjar Kath and his companions had their own council going in Radjar's tent, which remained standing amid all the Legolander ones being dismantled.

"I am going to aid my people," Radjar was saying as Sir Dractor walked in late. "I was not there for them during the Great Fire. I will be there for them this time."

"I am going as well," said Graygon. "Willem will want to hear about Falconis' army. And he'll want a personal report. Also, it is the right thing to do." Still somewhat bewildered at being on the same side as the Wolfpack, Radjar nodded gratefully.

"What about you, Sir Dractor?" asked Keavur. Both the Stormspear brothers had been very careful not to say what they intended. "You have said nothing about what you intend."

"That is because I have not made up my mind," admitted Sir Dractor. "Quorandis has a very valid point: short of a Deus ex machina, we are the only thing that can stop the Falcon army, which MUST be stopped. On the other hand, we cannot allow BloodVaine to win. Jarvick says that the Mana is drained. Now might be the only chance we have to kill him."

"Well, I certainly am not hanging around here," said Rosa. "I can't stand these stuffy Classics."

"I would recommend that Keavur and Derek leave as well," said Sir Dractor. "Aezazel is not affected by the Mana in the same ways as a sorceror, and you two are the best weapon we have against him."

"I will go too," said Fraun. "I owe it to my men, to my lord Bjarn, and to friends like Radjar. There is no reason for me to stay with Quorandis."

"Well, Sir Dractor?" asked Rosa. "All the rest of us are going. What about you?" Sir Dractor answered slowly.

"There is little point to my staying or going. I am but one man. I have no followers or army. However, I consider you all my friends, and I swore to serve Bjarn until Aezazel was no longer a threat. To that end, I may perhaps serve him more usefully, or at least more honestly, in Orion. But we are only a small company. We are no army, by any means."

"But we are," said a voice entering the tent. It was Caimlin.

"I regret to say that Captain Fraun was incorrect in ascribing command of the Dragon Masters to Targon. He is only in command of his own men, who serve the Sorceror-king now, and are no longer under Lord Void's sovereignty. Since his lord gave his services to Quorandis, he will be remaining.

"However!" said Caimlin, stifling the queries that the companions were about to put to him. "However! Governor Jarvick is an extremely high-ranking Dragon Master official in the legitimate regime. He has no intention of going south when he could be attacking BloodVaine. Therefore, his five hundred, and the three hundred under my own command will go north with you."

The companions let out a cry of joy.

"Jarvick is wise enough to see that the Falcons must be taken into account though," said Caimlin. "And so he is loaning the dragons to Targon. Targon, and not Quorandis, although it amounts to the same thing. In exchange, the Royal Knights recruited on the march will join us in going to Orion."

"This is good news," said Radjar, expressing the sentiments of all present. "And if there is nothing more to be said, let us be off. BloodVaine is waiting."
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Formendacil wrote:Grid: J-10

"This is good news," said Radjar, expressing the sentiments of all present. "And if there is nothing more to be said, let us be off. Vaine is waiting."

Grid J-10

"So be it." Fraun said. They got up fom the table.

Then they got prepared for the greatest batle any has experieenced. Caimlin's men sharpened their halberds, Radjar cleaned his great Samuari sword(can't think of the correct term), and Fraun Straightened his arows.

They then set out.

--------------------------------------

Grid J-10

Berlock and his men( they're really Fruan's men but Fraun handed over his power to Berlock during his abcense) had been part of the group to confront the Dragon Masters by the gate.

He now was riding swiftly towards the front lines of the Dragon Masters. He then screamed to his men

"Give them Megabloks!" And crashed into the first line.

The War had Begun.
Space rocks.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Grid: H-9

Frederick entered the town of Limtol through the small but adequate city gate. Just a few days before he had passed just ahead of Quorandis, once again he had completally missed the action. The town that he came to had originally been a colony some two hundred years before when the Royal Knights began eagerly claiming what open land was left in this area of Dametreos. As a result, the town was laid out in an orderly grid like fashion, to be contrasted with the normal twisted and narrow streets so common in other places.

Limtol was meant to be both a military and trading outpost for the trade route that spread from F-9 to J-10, skirting Dragon Master land. The military might of the Royal Knights had been crushed long before though, and the land relied heavily on the Classic Legolanders. Now however, the Legolanders themselves had been temporarily subdued, and the Falcon army that had passed a fortnight ago had left its mark, leaving a garrison of some 80 men in the fortress which had quickly surrendered. The people moaned and grumbled about the change, but their lives went on before and some seemed barely aware of the change in authority. For once though, Frederick felt safe. He could travel openly now and not fear of being assaulted for his identity. That morning, he had put back on the distinctive blue shirt that every soldier and officer in the Black Falcon army wore. He was admitted through the gates and proceeded through the city. The purse that he had stolen from his captor, Peter still had some gold in it – he had enough food, and Frederick thought that he might be able to buy a horse. He was sorely tired of walking and his boots were wearing thin. It was market day today, and he walked to the city center where a simple three-story tower stood. The stone building covered a city block, and clustered around its side were small stalls and tents of divers colors. People were bustling about and above the din of voices the cries of peddlers selling their wares could be heard. Near one of the corners, Frederick saw a man with a half dozen cows and horses tied to a long pole running parallel to the ground.

“Excuse me sir, I would like to buy a horse”
The overweight balding man turned around. “Eh, a horse is it? Well lad, I have two here fine horses” gesturing to a pair of bony underfed nags. “Yessir, fine horses them are I’ll sell one to you for 15 crowns”
Eying the horse suspiciously, Frederick tried not to laugh at the ridicules bargain.
“I’ll pay you 10”
“13”
“12 or nothing”
“You’re driving me into the ground boy! I say 13. Things are hard enough with all them wars going on. Why just the other day a man rode up saying something about an army of Cavilers. Then with your country’s warmongering and the Emperor dead... The world’s gone mad I tell you, mad! Why when I was just a young un, I…”
Frederick interrupted. “12 or nothing.” He said firmly
The man’s attempt at arousing sympathy had not worked. “Well, is that’s the way ye’ll have it, 12 it is.”
Putting the coins into the man’s hand, Frederick led his horse through the streets and out the gates. The beast was not fit to ride on – it would be another two days before he would even attempt to mount it. Two more days of walking…

KP 2011!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Grid: H-10
Now he could return to his quest. BloodVaine would be greatly weakened from his exertions at the fortress. Now was the time to strike. So Gart turned his face to the east.

"You know what you have to do don't you?"
Gart was standing by a tree near the eastern edge of the Neverwood.
"Yes, I know. But if do..."
Griffin was with him, but the bear had wandered off.
"You heard the council they took in the clearing. BloodVaine will crush the last of the resistance. What hope do they have if you don't do this?"
Gart starred through the tree branches at the black form in front of him.
"There may be another way. The allies may prevail without my help."
With sweating hands, Gart gripped his flask of water.
"They may, but you will lose Gib."
The black beast moved. He smelt his watcher.
"But if I do this, I will lose him anyway.
The beast turned its red face, looking directly at Gart.
"You will lose him, but he will not be lost."
Gart flinched, remembering the words of BloodVaine. "No Dacker. You have too much dragon blood in your flesh. If I gave you another dose you would be dead before midnight."
"Then we'll do it for Gib."
And Gart lifted the flask to his mouth and drank. The poison of the fangs had permeated the water and as it slipped down Dacker's throat, he felt his power return to him. But it was different now. His mind was set and no poison or dragon blood would remove it from it's course. Leaping out of hiding place, he confronted the dragon.

"Steady Coal Blood. I have need of you once more." Mounting his old steed, he turned to address the hawk. "Hawk, I go now to war. Now it is left to you, to come or go. You know the place of the battle, as I'm sure the birds of the air have told you. And if you dare to leave these woods, you may yet see your master." Then to himself Gart spoke. "I may yet see your master."

And with that, he left. The dragon soared into the air and headed east. "Now Gib, I'm coming. By Coal Blood's aid, the dragon's of Del Grakken will turn on their very masters. You will be saved Gib. I will save you."

Ok, enough of that!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Grid J-10

Marus watched the proceedings from the back of the furthest division. He was in the battle all right. Lord Void had seen to that. Still, he had managed to arrange himself at the back of the last division.

"Tyco Lord Void." Marus cursed. "Why couldn't he just have killed me and gotten it over with? Oh, that's right, he can't incinerate me without losing his 'innocent' status. So what, he forces me into this battle against my will. Megablocks! It amounts to the same thing."

In all truth, Marus wasn't feeling himself. By his nature he was a cruel man and it amazed him to realize the time that he had passed without practicing it. Perhaps the traits of the foresters were rubbing off or maybe it was because he was free of the dragons.

Dragons. The very thought made him shudder. "Stupid, ugly, vile, beasts." Marus reached up and touched his scar. It was barely distinguishable now, between the other scrapes that Griffin had afforded him, but he knew it just the same. Marus had been trying to escape from the dragons for what seemed like forever. He had too, but even that hadn't ended his troubles. Why, the more Marus thought about it the more he realized that he had been trying to escape from something, his entire life. If it wasn't dragon land it was the neverwood. If it wasn't the neverwood it was Lord Void and his airship. If it wasn't Lord Void it was the goodie-two-shoes allies and their stupid war.

If there was one trait Marus hadn't lost, it was his ability to loath everything.

Now, as he looked on, the noise of battle came to him from the front of the army. But this noise had barely started when a fountain of green and red burst from the walls of Orion.

"Megablocks!" Marus swore. "I hate dragons."

Meanwhile, above the troops in his airship, Lord Void winced. This wasn't supposed to happen yet. By the plan, the troops should have been in the city before the dragons attacked. Inside there would be cover, but here there was little. Still it could have been worse. These dragons had riders. Vunerable riders. And Lord Void knew that the airship itself could be used as a weapon in a pinch. "Come, Del Grakken, I will deliver you to the pit myself!"

Ok, enough of that!