Classic-Castle Roleplay: October

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: F-9
Location: A small Royal Knight fishing village, at the southwest corner of the grid.

Rob the cobbler was walking on the beach just outside of his village. It was a gloomy day, he thought. The skies were overcast, and more bad news had come to the village: some of their own boys who had gone to join the king's army had been killed in battle.

There had been bad news for over a month now. There was war on the Royal Knight borders, against the Black Falcons and the Dragon Masters. Several of the village's young men had been conscripted. Rumour had it that the king was wounded on the front. There were also rumours that the Dragon Masters had a new king, who was much more fierce and warlike than their old leader. And their were many rumours about the death of the Emperor and the destruction of the Cavaliers.

These rumours smote at the strength and will of the Royal Knight people, the last as much as the first. Of all the kingdoms outside the Empire, the Royal Knights were the ones most attached to the Legolanders. They were practically a vassal nation. The Cavaliers were often seen on embassies in the Royal Knight lands, and fought side by side with their own forces. And like the Legolanders, the Royal Knights believed strongly in the role of the Emperor as the supreme arbitrator of morals and justice in Dametreos. And now he was dead.

Even the weather seemed gloomy these days.

Rob was sitting there along the beach, gazing out to sea, when he happened to turn south, and see a great fleet of ships drawing near the shore.

Rob spent the afternoon watching, bored, as the eleven-ship fleet unloaded its passengers, of which there seemed to be hundreds onto the shore. In keeping with the gloominess of the day, and his lack of customers, he didn't even think of returning to the village.

Then his interest was stirred. The army that had disembarked had formed up, and trumpets were being sounded. A wind was rising in the west, and blowing away the clouds.

Even as the sun was breaking over the army on the beach, the wind caught the great standard that flew in the hands of the standard-bearer near the head of the army, and revealed itself to Rob.

Rob gasped. The standard was that of the Emperor. The Emperor was not dead! And those knights at the head of the army, he realized, were Imperial Cavaliers!

Suddenly, Rob felt a whole lot better. He rushed to his feet and fled back to the village, screaming for joy. The Emperor was alive! Things were as they should be!

On the beach, unaware of the hopes he was raising, Bernard Quorandis set out across Royal Knight territory, intent on attacking Del Grakken's kingdom.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Sirion had wishdrawed from the battle and was facing a army of 800 horses with Knights.

“I want 350 horses to hit the Falcons 3rd line” Sirion said to a commander.

“Yes my Lord. But what will you do with the rest?” the Commander asked.

“See thoses retreating carts and men?”

“Heh heh heh. I'll give the orders right away m'lord” The Commander ran off and started to order horses with there knights into ranks.

“M'lord!” A man rushed up to where Sirion stood.

“We are successfully breaking through the Falcons 3rd line. We just need a push.”

“There are 350 men and horses on there way to help break through.” Sirion Replied.

“Yes m'lord.”

The dragon had landed and waitied for the oroth gamus. Seen they saw a shadow coming closer. The gret dragon halted when it sighted Beleriand.

“Are you ready. Old friend?” The Wizard said.

The dragon did not answer. It just lifted itself from the ground.

“So you are the dreation of Lordvoide? Heh.” The Wizard yelled out.

“You are weak, are you not? You were made to rally on the mana flow. And yet it is sucked dry.” Oroth Gamus flapped it's wings and headed towards Beleriand with a rage. It spit out fire, but Beleriand was able to dodge it.

Both dragons were the same size. Beleriand was weak from battle, but soon his energy was restored by the Wizard.

After Beleriand had dodged the dragons attack, he gave a bolt of fire which hit the dragon on the neck. The dragon gave out a small cry. For it's scales were weak.

Oroth Gamus faced Beleriand slowely his mouth opened and a blue light shined from it.

“Of all my days as a Wizard, I never though a man could great something like this.”

The Dragons eyes were red as flame as the blue light glowed more and more.

“Let us face our fate old friend.” The Wizard said.

Beleriand flapped his wings and opened his mouth, he clashed with the great dragon.

Beleriand had sinked his teach into the great dragons neck as it let it's blue fire go. A blue flash came forth and all you could see was a flash of blue for miles. Both Black Knights and Black Falcons were blinded by this blue flash. What was Beleriand was just a head that fell to the ground. And the Wizards boddy was nowhere to be found. But oroth gamus just fell dead to the ground.

Both Dragons and the Wizard had been killed.

LR
Jack Craft
Freeman

Post by Jack Craft »

Green Fox wrote:"...I may as well die on the battlefield... trying to do the right thing for once..."

The door pushed open under his weight. Jack Craft was inside, muttering softly to himself.
The Green Fox stood in the doorway, and Jack stared silently up at him from his makeshift workbench. The two men looked at one another for a long, silent moment before the whisper of a fallen bandage-roll broke the pause.

"Fox. Ye've come the wrong way, lad. The ale is in the room across the way."

"I want to help," the Green Fox blurted in the very same instant.

Jack scowled, and scraped his knuckles absently along the wooden barrel-top.

"Aye? Bjarn isn't offering any payment, last I heard."

The Fox flinched. He tried again.

"No. No, Jack. I wasn't trying to play mercenary. I want to help. I want to do something important, while I still can."

Jack stared at him for another silent forever, and scratched at his beard. Finally, his eyes widened.

"Brix and Blox. You mean it, don't you? Aye, Jack sees it in your eye. Madmen and crusaders have that look, they do."

"I've nothing to offer Bjarn, save my sword arm. And I expect nothing from him. Maybe not even forgiveness, at this point. But I want to do what's right."

"Aye. I believe you do, at that."

A low, trembling horn called out to the west, the single mellow note hanging like soot in the air. Somewhere, not far off, a drum beat began. The sounds of rattling armor and pikes drifted from all sides.

"What's that? What's happening, Jack?"

Jack stood, and shouldered his pack. His eyes were clouded.

"Sunrise, lad. The call to march. It's begun."
Truffula Trees are what everyone needs.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

At this point the siege of Rathoan is still underway

Grid: H-14

Peter glared at the prisoners standing before him.
“Are you telling me that not one of you saw that dirtbag get away?”

Turning to a soldier beside him he yelled in his face

“And you – you and the others. Going into town for a bit of revelry eh? No wonder we lost that prisoner – we were undermanned last night!”

Inwardly Peter didn’t really care about Frederick. In fact is was something of a relief that he had left, knowing that getting him to work against his own would have been nearly impossible. However, the event had hurt Peter’s pride, and even worse, it might of given the others the idea to try to get away as well.
“We have no time to recapture that Black Falcon sir”, one of the officers spoke up. “While in town, I heard news that Rathoan is under siege”
“The Falcons have come that far?” Peter exclaimed
“Yes, we must get there as soon as possible. Any help, no matter how small is wanted, no – it is needed. There are some fifty men in the village that are now willing to take arms.”
“Good. Assemble them immediately. We must do whatever we can.”

Back to the present

Grid: H-12

Frederick looked around from the hill he was on. The last three days had been tough, stealing food, sleeping in the open, and always under the fear that he would be identified as a Falcon. Today he had met a farmer and worked the entire morning for a bit of food. Stealing would have been easier, but honest wok was always a better alternative. Frederick looked up. The sun was beating down hard today and Frederick grasped his water skin. There was a large desert ahead, but it was the most direct way. Girdling his belt, he walked north. He would cut through Dragon Master land and then come to his destination. Little did he know that if the hill had been a bit taller, he would of seen one of the greatest battles in Black Falcon history reaching its peak.

Randolph and the horsemen following rushed in between the tents with astonishing speed. The temporary residences had already been abandoned, so efficient and speedy the Black Falcons had been. Ahead, the two lines fought desperately. The Black Knights had lost their original momentum, and the remaining Black Falcon line fought hard, being much better prepared then the first. They were outnumbered three to one though, and the shock troops of the Black Knights were the ones leading the assault. Despite this, the famed spearmen that made up a larger portion of the Black Falcons proved their worth, and held their ground. The group that Randolph was leading came to the right of the Falcons and pushed into the Black Knights ranks. At that moment though, the call for another charge was heard and the Black Knights surged forward again, reinforced by the eight thousand reserves. For the Black Falcon horsemen, this meant that a repeat of the last conflict was not feasible. Instead, a fierce hand to hand combat ensued, taking the attention of the Black Knight’s left flank. For an instant, Randolph thought he saw the Black Knight king, made recognizable by the standard that customarily followed him. Raising his sword, Randolph smote another Black Knight and drove his horse farther into the fray.

Meanwhile, the detachment of mounted Black Knights came closer to their target. The right guard of the Black Falcon supply train prepared themselves, but it was clear that they could do little to stop the charge. Suddenly, Gustav came with his detachment. Disregarding his commander’s orders, he swung his division around and charged the Black Knights. The two bodies of equal strength, some 350 men each, braced themselves as the ground between them closed.[/i]
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

lone ranger wrote:But oroth gamus just fell dead to the ground.
Grid: J-9
Location: Classic LEGOland, forefront of the Allied Army, marching to the attack on the Yellow Castle.

It was an hour past dawn, and the final march had begun. The Bulls were in the forefront (!!!!!!! :D ), followed by the Forestmen, Wolfpack, Dark Forest, and both Knight's Kingdoms. The Arklyndelys Vulondur floated above, it's scarred hull casting a dark shadow over the troops, not as a threat, but as protection.

As the army creaked forward, Bjarn had left the Forestmen momentarily to talk with Barbod about assault stratagies.

"Once the Bulls are able to get behind enemy lines, they will be like a spear in the back, they'll be fighting us from both sides!" explained Barbod.

"But they would put you and the Bulls at great risk, what if the other Allies couldn't get to you in time?"

"Then the Bulls will fall, bringing with them many of BloodVaine's allies with them!" Barbod roared.

Bjarn knew it was futile to argue. "As you wish, my friend. As to the archers..."

They were interupted by Aros, whose face was pale. He held forth his Pendant, babbling.

"Lo-look at it...it's changed!"

Bjarn examined the Pendant. It had indeed changed. When the Misfits had first been together, the Pendants had no design on them, save for a silver lining. When Lord Void has used the Pendants to birth the Eroth Gamus, a dragon emblem had appeared on both sides. Now the Pendant was blank again.

"Odd...very odd...when did this happen?" Bjarn asked.

"I only just noticed it now...it could have been like that for days!"

Above them, the Arklyndelys Vulondur faulted and a ladder unfurled. Lord Void desended and made his way to Bjarn, Barbod and Aros.

"Something has happened, Bourne and Voolmark undoubtebly felt it too..." Lord Void snapped.

"The Mana has been drained again?" asked Bjarn, worried.

"No, nothing of the sort. Actually, I believe it is because of the lack of Mana that something has happened. There has been death, but not the normal death of Dragon Masters, Royals, Crusaders, Black Knights, Black Falcons, and other petty soldiers. No, someone - or something - powerful has died, something I think that will cripple BloodVaine further."

Barbod slammed his fist into the woodwork of the chariot. "Excellent!"

Bjarn allowed himself a smile. "Then that means the Eroth Gamus is dead, take a look at this Pendant."

Lord Void examined it briefly, then shoved it back into Aros's hand. "I believe you are right. What I have mistakingly created has been undone. The battlefield is leveling at last, BloodVaine's plot is coming apart at the seams..."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

"What's that? What's happening, Jack?"

Jack stood, and shouldered his pack. His eyes were clouded.

"Sunrise, lad. The call to march. It's begun."
The pair left the room and walked down the corridor in complete, awkward, silence. On their way outside, they stopped at a small room. Jack knocked and walked inside. Inside was Jack's little troop. They made a rather uninspiring scene. Green Fox grinned.

"And these are?"

Jack replied:

"These people are in my charge. Medics, herbalists, healers."

"And what good will they do?"

Green Fox selected one of them and passed his sword to him. He looked no older than a boy.

"Here. Kill me."

Jack stared at him blankly. Green Fox replied:

"These people are of no use on a battlefield."

He nervously took the sword and swung. It missed by a good foot and he dropped it. Green Fox sighed.

"See, he can't even handle a sword! I'll stay with the rank-and-file, thank you very much. I don't want to get killed messing around with healers... They'll just be a big tempting target. Look! He can't even handle a weapon! Why, Jack? I know you were______"

Jack's stare silenced him.

"Fox, just trust me on this one..."
Last edited by Green Fox on Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

14-H Black Knight's Countryside

Haribier the Falcon joins the guard of the retreating Falcon supply line, brandishing his spear. Bringing with him fifty odd spear and pikemen from the reserves, he organizes a defensive line surrounding the wains as they move off down the road. A score of Black Knights horsemen break off from the main battle and charge, temporarily driving back the first line of pikemen, but they quickly regroup and manage to push back the horsemen back.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: G-10
Location: A along the Royal Knight/Dragon Master border, north of the Neverwood.
Formendacil wrote:On the beach, unaware of the hopes he was raising, Bernard Quorandis set out across Royal Knight territory, intent on attacking Del Grakken's kingdom.
All through their march through the Royal Knight realm, the invasion force met with the same response as in Rob's fishing village: people thought the Emperor had returned to set things right.

Bernard Quorandis was getting tired of setting the record straight. It was hard to crush the hopes of the good peasants time and time again. But there was nothing else to be done. At least he didn't have to pretend that his Cavaliers were anything other than real. Even with the Emperor dead, the Cavaliers were a mighty symbol of justice and authority.

Only the sailors had been left with the ships. Each and every soldier had come ashore for the invasion, and as the army made its way inland, they gathered themselves additional forces. Stray Legolanders, abandoned in Royal Knight land with the death of the Emperor, deserters from the Royal Knight army, emboldened by an Imperial Army, and general volunteers, who had been formed up into proper, Royal Knight emblem-carrying, companies. Three hundred or more of these had joined the army.

The army sat camped on the border. There was not a sign of Dragon Master activity to the south. The Dragon Masters, not expecting an invasion, had no scouts on the Neverwood part of the border, thinking that the Royal Knights, were they foolish enough to attack, would attack from the western end of the border, where the roads were actually existent.

Little did they know that Quorandis had in his army several Dragon Masters of his own, including several who knew their way through the Neverwood.

The following morning, they would move south, and Del Grakken would never even know they were coming.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Daimyo wrote:Walf looked in disbelief at what he had done, but he had little time to think. A tall Aryan knight was coming for him.
"You bested one of my knights?" the Aryan cursed. "Prepare to die!"
Walf froze. " I didn't mean to." he thought. How had he done it, anyway? But now the knight was beside him. Sweeping by on his white war horse with his sword exteneded for the kill. Walf closed his eyes, bracing for the blow. What happened surprised him. It was the sound of metal on metal, a stinging in his hands and the sensation of flying back wards. He had blocked the blow somehow, even though he was sure he hadn't moved the sword. But that wasn't all he had done. Looking up, he saw that the war horse's saddle strap had been cut and that the rider unhorsed. The Aryan was rising now and would soon be on the attack again. In the meantime, however, Walf was able to catch a glance of his friends.

They were tiring now, being separated from each other by their assailants.

"This town will be purified!"

Walf whirled around just in time to see the blue eyed knight charging at him. Reno's old cutlass met the silver templar sword and battle was joined. Blow after blow was exchanged by the two fighters. Walf was astonished that his sword hadn't broken already. Even more to his amazement was the fact that he was actually sword fighting! Blow after blow, he blocked or turned aside. Even the ones he didn't see coming were halted by Reno's trusty blade. It was the sword, wasn't it. "It's magic!" Walf thought. "Either that or something else is going on here."

Meanwhile, Jos was having troubles of his own. It turned out that Alex had been right. There were less then twenty knights in the battle. Seventeen, to be exact. Subtracting the one Logon had surprised in the forest, the three they had all taken down not minutes before, the one Alex and Logon were just finishing off now and the one Walf had...

Walf! What was he doing in the battle. Jos stared in shock as he watched the boy fend off a tall, sword wielding, Aryan. But Jos couldn't look much longer because, as a sharp pain in his side reminded him, he was in the middle of his own battle. Hoof beets thundered past him as the knight who had slashed him galloped around for another pass. Jos clutched his side where the knight had cut him. It was deep. Blood was pouring out. Angered, Jos threw his sword at the charging knight. It made contact full in the face, killing the man instantly.

Jos sank to the ground, feeling sick. "One more down." He thought. "That means only ten left. Easy." But there was a problem. The last ten weren't going to attack one at a time. One was fighting Walf and the other nine were headed straight for Alex and Logon. Hoof beats thundered in Jos's head as he toppled onto his back. The sun blackened. The hoof beets faded. Jos passed out.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:Little did they know that Quorandis had in his army several Dragon Masters of his own, including several who knew their way through the Neverwood.
Grid: H-10

At dawn, Bernard Quorandis ordered his band of Cavaliers into the Neverwood. They move nervously and quietly, their weapons at the ready, swords unsheathed, bows taunt. Many tales of the Neverwood had spread across the world of Dametreos, and none of them were cheery. There were tales of wild ape-men who devoured persons alive, raw and uncooked, tales of a hermit who could control blood-thirsty beasts with his mind. Bernard scoffed at such foolishness, but many of the footsoldeirs were very supersticious.

Traversing the Neverwood was slow, for no paths exsisted and the Cavaliers often had to resort to using their axes to clear a path, noise they could ill afford to make. It was nearing noon when twoscouts ran back to Bernard on light feet and bowed.

"Dragon Masters, My Lord!" exclaimed the first after he had risen, "Three hundred by our count, but there could be many more hidden. They are in a clearing a half a mile east."

The second scout continued, "Fully decked out they are, battle armor, sheilds and the like. Armed to the teeth with halberds, scimitars and pikes. Few archers."

"Calvery?" asked Bernard. He did not like this turn of events. If they were allies of BloodVaine, he might be forced to battle them in the Neverwood, a thought he did not relish. Bernard was a fully trained warrior to the highest degree, but he had little experiance in woods as denee as the Neverwood. His mounted men would have no room to manuver, and ambushes were a real danger. His one advange would be firepower. If battle was immenate, he could pick off a good one hundred of the Dragon Master troops with his trained crossbowmen before they knew what had hit them.

"Not a horse among them, sir."

"It appears they have prisoners, My Lord." piped up the first scout, "A man in full battle armor, some one in a cloak, a girl scowling something awful, two lookalikes and a bloke who kept shouting he was a King or whatnot."

Bernard knitted his brow. "Did this person say what kingdom he ruled over?"

"Not sure, m'Lord. One of the Forestdweller Factions, Forestmen or Wolfpack or summat like that."

Bernard scowled. He did not like the situation at all. He would prefer to pass the Dragon Masters by and continue on to the Yellow Castle, but it was his moral duty to help those in need. He did not care much for the Forestdwellers - berry-eaters in animal skins more likely than not - but a woman was captive and it was his chiveralis duty to at least rescue her.

Bernard turned to his second in command. "I'm going to investigate. Attack on my signal - but not before. If I do not return in five minutes continue on to Yellow Castl as fast as you can."

The second in command started to protest, but clamped his mouth shut.

"Yes, M'Lord."

-------------------------------------------------------

"You illigitimate son of a gong farmer and his shovel, unchain me at once! I am the King of Dark Forest, Radjar Kath, you have no right-"

Caimlin cut Radjar off. "We have every right to detain trespassers on out land. Why were you rummaging about in the ruins of the Fire Breathing Fortress?"

Radjar was about to retort with another stream of swears, but Rosa punched him in the arm. Sir Dractor spoke loudly and calmly. "We were passing through Dragon Master land in transit to the Ninjas when we witness the destruction of the Fire Breathing Fortress. We were merely investigating."

"And why were you going to the Ninjas?" demanded Caimlin. He was still trying to figure out the shield logo on Sir Dractor's shield. It was nothing like he had seen before, though it was vaguely similar to one of the Eastern Knight's Kingdom's subfactions. Caimlin shrugged and pushed the thought aside. Probally just a minor lord from on of the Southern Isles.

Sir Dractor glanced at Graygon. Should we tell them?

Graygon shrugged, then gave a tiny nod. They really had no choice.

"We were going to contact the Ninjas to ask for aid agaisnt the necromancer tyrant BloodVaine."

The final word in Sir Dractor's explanitory sentance sent a ripple of whispering through the Dragon Master ranks. Whether it was of anger of fear was unknown until Caimlin exclaimed, "You are battling against BloodVaine?"

"Yes."

"Then, sir, you may go free, for we too are agaisnt the necromancer. You two, unchain them, and return there weapons!"

As two Dragon Masters obeyed, Derrick Stormspear said in bewilderment, "I was under the impression all Dragon Masters fought under the BloodVaine standard."

Caimlin spat. "Only those who follow Del Grakken the traitor. We obey the word of Lord Void, the true commander of the Dragon Masters."

"Lord Void? When has he suddenly had a change of heart?" asked Keavur skepitically, "I would have thought he would gladly follow BloodVaine.."

"That is for him to answer, not me. I obey Lord Void, what he tells me to do, I do. That is the Dragon Master way."

Keavur was about to respond when a flurry of movement interrupted all conversation.

"Dragon Masters! Release you prisoners or be overrun by the...ah..."

Bernard Quorandis stepped out from the bushes, sword at the ready, abruptly cutting off his command when he saw the condition of the so-called prisoners.

"As you can see, LEGOlander, we have no prisoners." stated Caimlin coolly, "Now what the megabloks do you want?"[/code]
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:"Dragon Masters! Release your prisoners or be overrun by the...ah..."

Bernard Quorandis stepped out from the bushes, sword at the ready, abruptly cutting off his command when he saw the condition of the so-called prisoners.

"As you can see, LEGOlander, we have no prisoners." stated Caimlin coolly, "Now what the megabloks do you want?"[/code]
"Kindly speak a bit more civilly, sergeant," replied Quorandis, noting the insignia on Caimlin's uniform. "We are an invasion force intent on liberating the Dragon Masters from the illegal rule of Del Grakken, and with the possible intent in mind of recovering Legoland itself."

Caimlin was about to reply, but at that moment Targon, Elbadar, and a couple of soldiers from the Black Dragon Master contigent entered the clearing with Elwen, Jayko, and some of the Clud Knights.

"Targon!" cried Caimlin in total shock. "Is that you??? What are you doing here. Has the Sorceror-king come to Lord Void's aid? And why do you wear a new uniform."

At the same time, Elwen had caught sight of Sir Dractor. She ran over to the tall warrior.

"Where have you been?" she asked. "What happened after Leonville?" Rosa eyed Elwen somewhat mistrustfully. Jayko stared at Sir Dractor outrightly beligerent.

Quorandis raised his voice to get the attention of all those present.

"IF YOU WOULD ALL LISTEN FOR A MOMENT!" he called. "I am beholden to attack Del Grakken's fortress. If any of you know where he currently resides, I would be much obliged if you would tell me. The sooner this land is in the hands of its lawful rulers, the better."

Caimlin broke off his conversation with Targon.

"The government, such as he had one, has been rebuilt at the Dark Dragon's Den. The bulk of the army loyal to Del Grakken is posted there."

"Then let us be off!" cried Quorandis. "For the Empire!"

"For the Dragon Masters!" cried Caimlin. "For we shall go with you."

"For revenge," said Jarvick coldly. "We all go for revenge."
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote: "As you can see, LEGOlander, we have no prisoners." stated Caimlin coolly, "Now what the megabloks do you want?"[/code]

Fraun had just been released and was rubbing his wrists when a man looking to be like a Classic Legolander Knight of high nobleness( Is that even a word) stepped out from the forest and demanded that "The prisoners be set free."

Caimlin had seemed somewhat disturbed by this but had kept his cool and had presented the facts.

At this the mena had lowered his sword and apoligized for the somewhat rudeness he had displayed.

Then he had introduced himself as Bernard Quorandis and Caimlin had smirked and said

"Welcome. What exactly are you doing here?"

And here they were now. Bernard telling his story of how he and his army were sent to destroy the vaine loyal Dragon masters
and how two of his scouts had spoted the Dragon Master's camp.

" Good." Smiled Caimlin. "Del Graken will get what's coming to him. My men and I can assist you of course."

"Good. I will go tell my men that all is well." Siad Bernard Quorandis said.

And with that left the little meeting.
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: I-11
Location: Dragon Master territory, outside the Dark Dragon's Den
Formendacil wrote:"The government, such as he had one, has been rebuilt at the Dark Dragon's Den. The bulk of the army loyal to Del Grakken is posted there."

Led by Caimlin's men, the invasion force made its way swiftly out of the Neverwood, and then southwards through Dragon Master territory. They saw precious few people. Most people fled at the sight of the invading army, not bothering to stay and find out which side they were on, or else they were supporters of Del Grakken, and knew that Caimlin's men, Royal Knights, and Cavaliers together could mean nothing good for them.

A week out from the Neverwood, they reached the Dark Dragon's Den, the new seat of Dragon Master government. The fortress was manned by some three hundred soldiers, who surrendered immediately. It seemed that they had no will to fight an army of four thousand.

"Where is Del Grakken?" Caimlin demanded when they had taken the fortress. "Where has the traitor fled?"

"For that matter," said Elbadar, "where is the rest of the army? There should be at least two thousand more soldiers in the Dragon Master army."

"Del Grakken has withdrawn with the two thousand soldiers who are completely loyal to him," replied the sergeant who had been left in command of the Dark Dragon's Den. "He was summoned by BloodVaine to Orion, with as many men as he could trust the loyalty of completely. They were to have met by the Cross Knights loyal to Aezazel."

Caimlin couldn't believe his ears. "Two thousand men COMPLETELY loyal to Del Grakken? And less than a thousand loyal to Lord Void, or else unsure in their loyalty? His treachery has been at work far longer than I had thought."

"I guess we shall not have to spend much time in Dragon Master lands after all," said Quorandis, taking in all that had happened. "It seems that Del Grakken, having left, no longer has much control over this kingdom. In that case, I think we shall soon be on our way towards Orion, right on the heels of Del Grakken, it would seem."

Eventually, it was decided that Caimlin's three hundred, those loyal completely to Lord Void, would remain at the Dark Dragon's Den, in command of the kingdom, while Caimlin himself would lead the three hundred who had been there before, the three hundred of more doubtful loyalties.

After a day or two of recuperation, the army was ready to move on again.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Formendacil wrote:"Kindly speak a bit more civilly, sergeant," replied Quorandis, noting the insignia on Caimlin's uniform. "We are an invasion force intent on liberating the Dragon Masters from the illegal rule of Del Grakken, and with the possible intent in mind of recovering Legoland itself."
The company had decided to rest for a while in the clearing. Of course not the whole army could fit in the clearing. The greater part was lined up, for a good mile, along the path they had made through the trees. It was some good luck that they hadn't hit any swaps or other obsticles and even more good luck that they hadn't run into anything unpleasant. But little did the party know that their "good luck" really wasn't good luck at all and that, as they stood and took council in the clearing, another someone was taking his own council as he watched the group from the edge of the trees.

"This isn't good. This isn't good at all. All these men, traipsing around like it's the Warblewood they're in and not the Neverwood." Gart was worried. "They're lucky that I've been helping them. Going ahead and tripping the traps. Steering them away from the bogs and marshes."

The Neverwood wasn't made to hold an army and Gart was afraid the forest would backlash. Already he had seen the signs. Groups of Iondels on the move. Spiderlings taking new territory. Even a far off cry now and then from what Gart knew was his dragon, Coal Blood. Gart had heard tales of Neverwood. Tales he learned before he ever came to the forest. If they were true, then the Neverwood had swallowed up entire cities. Gart only hoped that the trees wouldn't swallow BloodVaine's enemies. Now as he sat, peering in on the visitors, he thought back on how he had come to be the guardian of this wayward army.

It went back to the day that he had almost drowned in the stream. After he resolved to take down BloodVaine it hadn't been that hard to decide how. Gart's original plan was to travel to the Fire Breathing Fortress and free the prisoners. His plans changed, however, when he witnessed the fortress's destruction and the arrival of the fleeing Dragon Masters. Since then, Gart had been trailing the soldiers as they blundered through the Neverwood. They wouldn't have made it five feet without his help.

Moving around the perimeter of the clearing, Gart began to eaves drop on the conversations of the Neverwood's guests. This is what he heard...
Formendacil wrote:Elwen had caught sight of Sir Dractor. She ran over to the tall warrior.

"Where have you been?" she asked. "What happened after Leonville?"
"Well, after a little adventure at sea, I wound up with the Forestmen. Right now I'm heading up a team that's been gathered to take out the demon Aezazel. How did you end up here? And where did you get that crown?"

"It's a long story, but lately I've been traveling with these cavaliers. Oh that reminds me!" Grabbing Sir Dractor's hand, Elwen led him to where Bernard was taking council with Jarvick. "Your highness," she said, to Bernard. "I would like you to meet my friend and companion, Sir Dractor. Sir Dractor, this is Emperor Quorandis."

"Please, call me Bernard. My position is temporary at any rate."

As the two exchanged greetings, Gart moved to another conversation.

"So what, you're a field Marshal now?" Caimlin was talking to Targon.

"That's what I said isn't it? I'd say that I've done pretty good for myself, unlike you. Still a sergeant and without even a fortress to defend. Tsk tsk tsk. By the way, you can have your stupid 'magic rock' back. It doesn't even work."

Caimlin began to chuckle. "I hate to tell you this Targon, but that rock never was magic. It's just a stone I found on the road one day."

The field marshal was about shout back a lame come-back when...
Quorandis raised his voice to get the attention of all those present.

"IF YOU WOULD ALL LISTEN FOR A MOMENT!" he called. "I am beholden to attack Del Grakken's fortress. If any of you know where he currently resides, I would be much obliged if you would tell me. The sooner this land is in the hands of its lawful rulers, the better."

Caimlin broke off his conversation with Targon.

"The government, such as he had one, has been rebuilt at the Dark Dragon's Den. The bulk of the army loyal to Del Grakken is posted there."
"I would however caution against continuing on in the Neverwood. As it is, we are close to the western border of the forest. We could exit and head south."

Gart breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the company head for the border. It had been a strain on him, keeping them out of trouble. Now he could return to his quest. BloodVaine would be greatly weakened from his exertions at the fortress. Now was the time to strike. So Gart turned his face to the east.

"I know you BloodVaine, for what you truly are. And very soon you will truly know me."
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Jack Craft
Freeman

Post by Jack Craft »

Aye, Jack-me-lad, it's still not too late. You deserted from a war once, and there's still time to do it again.

And is this the same Jack Craft that just told the Green Fox it was time he stood up for something besides the passing of an ale wagon? Come to that, a firkin of ale'd not be amiss, now...

Still time to bumble off into the woods like a blown leaf, and a new job waiting in the next town. Cobbler, maybe? Nah, nah, that's done already. Maybe an evil mage-- that seems a booming business, awful lot of them around , these days. Wonder where they get their schooling?

Stop it. You're not going anywhere, Jack-me-lad. Ye've a promise to keep to Bjarn and Barbod and the Lone Falcon. Certain as rain in spring. Certain as blood from a wound.

Brix and Blox, but we're grim today, aren't we? And it was shaping up to be such a cheery war, wasn't it? Keep the grin wide, Jack-me-lad-- it'll still the chattering of your teeth.

The Fox stayed. Swap me for a barnacle, but he stayed. He's a sword in one hand and his courage in the other, and he's put them both in the face of the enemy. Can you do any less, Jack-me-lad? Can, have... will? Won't. Won't. You'll do what you came to do Jack, which is sew as many of these lads back together as your trembling hands can manage. Bloodvaine has that bloody-thrice-cursed-Gynthaunt-box, and there's no stopping him.

So you'll stay and haul your pack from one bloodletting to the next and hope Jack's Luck is enough to stay a blade or dragon blast. If bloody-blasted-brix-and-blox-Bloodvaine wins you'd have nowhere to hide, anyhow.

This is just the sort of stupidly brave thing you tell your grandkids about. Aye, I'll have to borrow some, sometime.
Truffula Trees are what everyone needs.