Classic-Castle Roleplay: October

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Grid: L-10
Location: Crusader land, two feet away from the border of BloodVaine's country.

"Well I don't know about you, but I must continue." It was Logon speaking. A council was being taken over the course that the company should take. "Why, I'm nearly back to being myself now. I don't think I'll need your help anymore, if you choose to stay."

"But you must be out of your mind!" Jos cried. "Don't you hear what I've been saying? That land is crawling with BloodVaine's supporters. Why, I barely escaped from a division of red cross knights! Blood cross knights, that's what they aught to call them. I think we should all stay."

"No." said Alex. "At least I cannot. If what you say is true Jos -that BloodVaine has taken up headquarters in the golden castle- then I must continue on to that very place. BloodVaine has Reno and Aros. Most likely Luxus as well. I've got to save them."

"Mad! You're both mad! BloodVaine could kill you both without using a drop of magic. He didn't use magic when he skewered the emperor on that huge sword of his! And what about Walf? You're just going to leave him here?"

Alex nodded. "I wouldn't dream of taking him with and I doubt that he wants to come." The three men looked at Walf where he sat crossl-egged on the ground.

"I just want to go home." the boy said, wearily. "I wish I'd never left. I wish that I'd listened to Thenais. I wish that things could go back to the way they used to be."

The group was silent for a while, each thinking their own thoughts. But as so often happens, the silence was disturbed. Suddenly the company found themselves listening to -not their own thoughts- but the cries of terror and the noises of battle, from some distance across the border. A coward's instinct at such a noise would be to run away. I'm pleased, however, to say that no such person was to be found in that company and all present ran forward to help.

Urgun reached it first, followed by Logon and Alex. What they saw sent shivers up their spines. Below them, in a small hollow, was a Classic legoland town, under attack and on fire.

(Sorry this is it for tonight guys. I meant to do something with Jarvick and Drock but I'm too tired. See youz guyz tomara.)
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: C-14
Formendacil wrote:"Nay!" said Jarvick. "Not yet. But let us waste no more time in talk. We have a sorceror to kill."

Less than four hours later, the fleet departed again, joined by another vessel.
The luck of the fleet held: there was still a strong wind at their backs. A day out from the Dragon Master isles, the captains held a council on board the Bombardier, which created a peculiar feeling in Jack Blackheart's consciousness.

"We need to establish a landing point and a basic plan of invasion," said Quorandis at the start of the meeting.

"As everyone is well aware, the Dragon Masters of the mainland are completely landlocked. The ninja separate them from the sea to the south, and the Royal Knights to the west."

"I would recommend landing in Royal Knight soil," said Jarvick. "The Royal Knights have been very closely allied with you Legolanders for many years, and even though the Emperor is dead, they will respect that alliance, troubled as they are by the allies of BloodVaine."

"So, you recommend landing due west of Dragon Master land?" asked Elbadar. "My apologies Governor, but that is not a wise plan. While the land between the sea the border is narrow there, once you enter Dragon Master lands, you will be faced with the desert, at it's widest point. In addition with the destruction of the Fire-Breathing Fortress, BloodVaine's vassals will have set up command in one of the southeastern fortresses, most like Dark Dragon's Den. In my opinion it would be better to come at them from the south, and so avoid the desert."

"Except that the ninjas remain neutral," said the commander of the Club Knights, Sir Victor de Graff. "And Del Grakken will have consequently fortified that border the most. In addition, securing the Shogun's permission to pass through his lands could delay us indefinitely."

"Let us enter from the north then," suggested Quorandis. "That is Royal Knight land, and we should be able to march there with ease. The Dragon Masters will not be expecting an attack from that quarter, occupied as the Royal Knights are. We can enter through the Neverwood, which accords us a great amount of secrecy. Then, we can pass down the the eastern side of the Dragon Master realm, where there are more water sources and crops, and so come at the Dark Dragon's Den and the other fortresses from the north. And in doing so, we may well encounter men loyal to Lord Void."

The council nodded sagely in agreement with their general.

"Well gentlemen- and lady," Quorandis nodded at Elwen, "if there are no suggestions to the contrary, I suggest we adjourn to our own ships."
Jack Craft
Freeman

Post by Jack Craft »

Tinker, Tailor,
Soldier, Sailor,
Gentleman, Apothecary,
Plough-boy, Thief.

Jack sat in thunderstorm dark, the moth-flicker of an oil lamp faint and ghostly before him. He was rolling bandages and packing them in tight bundles for the battle to come. It was quiet and still, the hour of dawn yet to come.

He hummed the nursery rhyme as he worked, letting his mind fall into the simple, thoughtless rhythm of making the bandage rolls.

Army, Navy,
Medicine, Law,
Church, Nobility,
Nothing at all.

He had no memory of the first time he had heard the simple rhyme. A long-ago moment of childhood, no doubt, though it had followed him through his endless wanderings like a second shadow.

Years had passed-- could he even remember how many?-- since he last saw a battlefield, and Jack knew that the fight to come would dwarf anything seen before. How many friends would die, this time? And how many could a handful of battlefield healers save? For now, he could do nothing but wait. He had known the noise and stink and tumult of a war before, and swore never again. Yet here he was, and tomorrow or the day after he would see it once more.

He had to get some sleep, or he would never be ready. But he could not put the bandages down, nor surrender himself to the night.

He sung the rhyme softly to the dark again, and picked up another pouch of poultices. He was Jack Craft, and his friends would need every edge in the battle to come.

He would make sure they got it.

Dark to daylight, stone to sky,
Caterpillar, Butterfly,
Waking, sleeping, buried, blind,
Come and seek me, come and find...

Gib smothered in endless dark, the last spark of his will a flickering mote that hovered on the edge of waking and sleep. He was somewhere, somewhen, and he fought a lost battle for himself.

The nursery rhyme, a fragment from lost youth, rattled like a pebble in his thoughts, and he held to it greedily as something his own.

Sun to shadow, cloud to wave,
Noble throne, shallow grave,
Father, Mother, Lover, Friend,
Seek a future, find your end...

He had so few memories of his own left. Aezazel had pulled them out one by one, weeds from a garden, for his own spiteful amusement. He was Gib. He knew that much, and something more besides.

An hour or an eon ago-- how could he know how much time?-- Bloodvaine had done something so powerful that it left magic itself stunned. And in that brief moment, Aezazel had been eclipsed. Gib had been so shocked by the sudden sense of himself that he had no time to do anything before the demon cocooned his mind and seized his muscles once more. For that instant, he felt the clothes on his back, he saw the light of the sky, he knew the pulse in his own veins again.

And he felt the spirit-box, raging like a silent hornet's nest in his pouch. He had not been ready, and Aezazel had taken him back before he could react.

He muttered the rhyme again, to keep himself focused. He was Gib. He was Gib.

He would be ready to act, next time.
Truffula Trees are what everyone needs.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:The Dragon Masters aboard, the Arklyndelys Vulondur left as quickly as it had came.
As the Arklyndelys Vulondur sped throught the sky, Void listened to Caimlin's report with one ear, his mind still dwelling on the Fire Breathing Fortress. A hard lump had formed in his throat, and his hands were clammy with sorrow. The Fire Breathing Fortress was the sumbol of power for the Dragon Masters, their pride, their honor. Now that symbol was little more than dust and ash, blown in the oblivion by BloodVaine. Lord Void tightened his grip on the helm. He hoped the destruction of the mighty fortress would galvanize the Dragon Masters in a fury they would use to attack the necromancer and his minions, instead of throwing them in to wallowing dispair.

Below, the Allied Army appeared, and the Arklyndelys Vulondur reduced speed and slowed to a halt.

"Caimlin!" Lord Void snapped, "Take the helm, turn her about and keep here just ahead of the army. I need to report, I fear I might have rubbed someone the wrong way..."

Lord Void paused, and then said, grasping Caimlin's shoulder, "Thank you. I might be dead if it wasn't for you and the others. Loyality is a powerful thing."

Caimlin, surprised at this show of emotion, said, "My Lord, I will follow you always. That is what Dragon Masters do."

Lord Void smiled fainly, working hard to form his mouth into such a foriegn shape. Then he dissapeared over the side on the ladder, to meet the eyes of a glowering Bjarn.

"What the tyco did you just do? You left us completely exposed!" Bjarn fumed.

"The Mana has been drained, and the Fire Breathing Fortress has been destroyed. It was my duty as a Dragon Master to rescue my fellow Dragon Masters, who have swelled the ranks of the Allies by five hundred."

Before Bjarn could reply Bourne pushed his way in, followed by Voolmark.

"The time to attack is now. BloodVaine is weak, and his followers are confused." stated Bourne.

Voolmark said, "With the Mana flow almost gone, BloodVaine can do nothing save teleharm. That gives us the advantage, though we can't to major spells either."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
The Green Knight
Reeve

"Well gentlemen- and lady," Quorandis nodded at Elwen, "if there are no suggestions to the contrary, I suggest we adjourn to our own ships."
Grid: C-13

The Sil'boralic was a fine ship. The largest and fastest in the the Dragon Master's possession. It's hull was long and silvery green, razing into a sepentine head at the prow. The sail was large, with the form of a silver dragon etched into the dark blue cloth. The name, 'Sil'boralic' was of the ancient tongue and when translated literally meant "Wings of the Sea". It was the governor's personal ship. The one he used during his long escapades on the uncharted waters of the far oceans.

Now, as Jarvick stood at the prow, with his eyes to the north and the spray of the sea in his face, he couldn't help but think back to the last time he had been there. It had been at sea. Far west of the 'A' latitude and beyond what the people of Dametreos knew from their maps. In the midst of a gale he had stood there. Peering ahead, into the turbulent waters, looking for a glimpse of the glinting scales as they broke, now and then, above the crashing waves. He was on the chase that night. Ahead of him was T'kam, the great water dragon. Jarvick had been there before. That night was only one of the many times he had chased the great serpents through the foam crested waves.

It was in his blood, I suppose. The need to under stand them. To know their ways. Because of this, Jarvick was often at sea, leaving his subjects, if not rulerless, then under the government of his brother Drock. Such had been the case on that stormy night, when Drock interrupted his mad pursual of T'kam, with an urgent teleharm.

Trouble on the mainland. That was the message, more or less. Two things it meant. One, that Jarvick would have to abandon the chase. And two, that an army would need to be raised.

Jarvick had picked his troops well. His core were the hundred picked men who went with him whenever he set to sea. They were sailors and they were wariors. Strengthned by their labours at the oars of the Sil'boralic, and trained in the use of their favorite weapon, the mace. True sons of the sea, they were. After these were the hundred and fifty law men Jarvick had gleaned from the several villages in his lands. They were stout men who were sure to prove their worth in battle. The last fifty men were comprised of mercenaries. Ninjas, from the western half of the island. They had cost Jarvick plenty, but he was sure that his investment was well spent.

Now, as Jarvick stood, staring over the horizon, he thought of his brother. They hadn't always been the best of friends. In their younger days it was all their parents could do to keep them from blasting each other apart. Not to mention destroying half the island in the process. Even as they grew and matured, they hadn't always seen eye to eye. Eyes. That was it. The one thing they did have in common. Both the brothers had different colored eyes. Drock's eyes were grey and blue and Jarvick's were blue and green. It was a sign of royalty on the Dragon Master island. A sign that you had the blood of a sorcerer in you.

Jarvick was a sorcerer. A man who had embraced his heritage, perhaps, more eagerly then his brother. A man who was well attuned to the currents of the mana flow. And a man who had felt it, in all it's parching fullness, the day that BloodVaine drained the very wells of magic. It had happened on the same day that he returned from his escapade at sea. Terrible, that's what it was. But worse then the sudden shock and pain of the mana drain, was the sinking feeling that he had lost something. Jarvick had always had a sort of connection with Drock. He could tell what mood his brother was in and sometimes even what he was thinking. But when Jarvick recovered from his initial reaction to the mana drain, he realized that he couldn't feel his brother anymore.

Drock had been a sorcerer too. But more then that, he was family. A solitary tear joined the salt water on the governor's face. BloodVaine would pay.

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: N-24
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:"The Mana has been drained, and the Fire Breathing Fortress has been destroyed......
"The time to attack is now. BloodVaine is weak, and his followers are confused......
the Mana flow almost gone, BloodVaine can do nothing save teleharm. That gives us the advantage, though we can't to major spells either."
The Old Man was wandering the corridors of Valentius' palace, pondering the huge Mana backwash that had accompanied the destruction of the Fire-Breathing Fortress. He rounded a corner and almost bumped into the Sorceror-king.

"You felt it too?" he asked.

"The Mana draining? Of course. Do I appear to be a fool?" replied the Sorceror-king.

"No more than usual," said the Old Man, with a hint of a smile. "The sorcerors of Dametreos are almost powerless."

"We aren't," replied the Sorceror-king archly. "Our power is not of the Mana. Why should this concern us?"

"Because our power is unaffected, we could render these people and ourselves a great service by destroying BloodVaine while he is weak," replied the Old Man.

"If you so desire, go ahead," said the Sorceror-king, "but I feel no compulsion to do anything other than what I currently am. And you know that as soon as you leave, I would be off for the Old Ruins."

"You don't care anything for anybody, do you?" asked the Old Man.

"Should I?" said the Sorceror-king. "You are a fool, old man. For all that your power is far greater than mine, you are a fool. To hold yourself back from what you could achieve, what you CAN achieve, is stupidity. You might be more powerful than me, but I shall be far greater than you in REAL power."

"If you mean service to your master, you are greatly mistaken," said the Old Man, shaking his head. "That is not power, that is slavery. I will have none of it."

"As you wish," said the Sorceror-king. "It is just as well to me that way. Shall you be off?"

"BloodVaine will have be killed without me," replied the Old Man coldly. "I consider you to be a much more important man to worry about."

"I'm flattered," replied the Sorceror-king dryly. "Don't think that all your watching will help you any, though. When the time comes, it is I, and not you, who will return home with what we came for."

"We'll see," said the Old Man quietly. "We shall definitely see."
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

He sung the rhyme softly to the dark again, and picked up another pouch of poultices. He was Jack Craft, and his friends would need every edge in the battle to come.

He would make sure they got it.

Green Fox paced along the corridor, lost in his thoughts. He had been given a short sword and some very light armour. He wondered what god it would do. He took in all Jack had said previously in the Great Hall. He wasn't exactly sure of the circumstances, but he new a battle was coming. And he thought to himself:

"What use am I? If there's a battle coming, I'll just want to loot and loot some more. People are going to die, and I am going to make a profit...""

He surprised himself with his morality.

"Maybe Bjarn was right..."

He walked further down the corridor and leant against a door.

"What if I die..."

"If Bjarn died... There would be much... wailing and... gnasing of teeth. What if I die..."

He thought some more.

"What happens WHEN I die? Who will mourn me?"

"No-one."

"I am going to die. I know that. So..."

"...I may as well die on the battlefield... trying to do the right thing for once..."

The door pushed open under his weight. Jack Craft was inside, muttering softly to himself.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Urgun reached it first, followed by Logon and Alex. What they saw sent shivers up their spines. Below them, in a small hollow, was a Classic legoland town, under attack and on fire.
Grid: L-10

"Crumbs!" Jos swore as he caught up with Alex and Logon. "It's those bloody, red cross knights again!"

"We've got to help!" Alex cried. "Jos, can you fight?"

"I know how to keep from cutting my head off while someone else is trying to, if that's what you mean."

"Fair enough." said Alex, handing Jos the short sword that the green knight had given them. "Now there's less then a score of them I'll wager, and between the three of us-"

"What about me? I want to help!"

Alex turned around. He hadn't noticed Walf as he came up behind him.

"Oh no you don't! Logon, take his weapon."

The Black Knight grabbed the sword hilt, removing it with one swift motion and leaving the sheath on Walf's belt. "Lets go then," he said. "Or there won't be a town left to save." Alex nodded and without another word he started down through the trees, with Logon in front Jos Behind, and Urgun bounding along beside. They were outnumbered. Walf knew it. But what could he do with no weapon?

"Of course!" He exclaimed. Reno's sword was still in one of the packs. He found it quickly and without a moments delay, was racing down the slope after the men. As he drew nearer his ears were filled with the noise of the battle. It wasn't long before he came across one of the knights. He was already dead. Killed by a single stroke of the gold hilted sword, as Logon fell upon him unaware. It was a terrible sight, and Walf stopped, horrified at the grizzled, bloody form in front of him. For a moment he almost felt sorry for the knight. But still, the knight had been allied with BloodVaine hadn't he? And hadn't BloodVaine killed his parents? Walf resolved not to feel sorry for the knight, and when he stepped out of the trees and saw the destruction in front of him, his resolve was only hardened.

The red cross knights were everywhere. Chasing after and cutting down the terrified villagers from on top of their mounts. It was a massacre. Armored knights against defensless women and children. Already the ground was littered with bodies. Slowly, Walf's horror turned to rage and with a cry he leapt into the group of burning houses. Looking about, he caught sight of his companions, just as they were being charged by three of the knights.

They were working like a team. Alex took out the first one with a well aimed spear thrust as Urgun spooked the second one's horse, making it shy and throw it's rider. The last knight was attacked by Logon who had already mounted the first knight's horse. Alex, meanwhile was retrieved his spear as Jos finnished off the second knight. Killing him before he could rise.

But more knights were coming. Even as Walf watched Logon finnish the last knight, he could see several more approaching. But Walf found that he could no longer watch, as he too was set upon by a mounted knight. It was then that Walf realized one mistake in his plan. He had no idea how to use his sword! Not even a lesson. What would it be? Would it end with the hooves or the mace?

Two seconds to contact.
Last edited by The Green Knight on Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, enough of that!
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

It was still morning. Sirion was at the gate of the city wathing as Beleriand and the old wizard brought chaoes to the Falcon lines.

“M'lord?” A Black Knight asked as he stood behind sirion.

“Gather every man in the city.”

“Yes m'lord” The Knight walked off.

“This day. Will not end with joy...” Sirion said under his breath.

“M'LORD! Another dragon comes from the east!”

“What men do we have ready for battle!?!” Sirion yelled out.

“Bout 3000 m'lord!”

“I sense another dragon coming from the east” Beleriand said to the old Wizard.

“Then ride towards it. For if I am right, it is the god dragon.”

Beleriand made a pass as Falcon arrows hit his scales. Beleriand flew for a milefrom the main battle.

“We shall wait for this god dragon.” The Wizard spatt.

“All 3000 Black Knights are ready my Lord.”

“Good. Have the other ranks fallow us into battle when they are ready. Now open the gate.” Sirion replied.

“Yes m'lord. OPEN THE GATE!”

The huge gate that guirded the city slowely opened.

“Black Knights! All that I ask of you today. Is to fallow me into battle. Outside our gates stands a Falcon army of 100,000. Let us make this number 1000!”

“KING SIRION!”

“Some may call me crazy. But I fear we are alone. So if you find yourself surrounded by Falcons with none of your brethren around to help you. Do not give up. For fight and DIE as a BLACK KNIGHT!”

“KING SIRION! KING SIRION! KING SIRION!”

LR
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote: the Arklyndelys Vulondur left as quickly as it had came.
As the Arklyndelys Vulondur sped throught the sky, Void let his mind dwell on the Fire Breathing Fortress. A hard lump had formed in his throat, and his hands were clammy with sorrow. The Fire Breathing Fortress was the symbol of power for the Dragon Masters, their pride, their honor. Now that symbol was little more than dust and ash, blown in the oblivion by BloodVaine. Lord Void tightened his grip on the helm. He hoped the destruction of the mighty fortress would galvanize the Dragon Masters in a fury they would use to attack the necromancer and his minions, instead of throwing them in to wallowing dispair.

Below, the Allied Army appeared, and the Arklyndelys Vulondur reduced speed and slowed to a halt.

Lord Void dissapeared over the side on the ladder to meet the eyes of a glowering Bjarn.

"What the tyco did you just do? You left us completely exposed!" Bjarn fumed.

"The Mana has been drained, and the Fire Breathing Fortress has been destroyed. It was my duty as a Dragon Master to rescue my fellow Dragon Masters, who have swelled the ranks of the Allies by five hundred."

Before Bjarn could reply Bourne pushed his way in, followed by Voolmark.

"The time to attack is now. BloodVaine is weak, and his followers are confused." stated Bourne.

Voolmark said, "With the Mana flow almost gone, BloodVaine can do nothing save teleharm. That gives us the advantage, though we can't to major spells either."[/quote]
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

RADJAR heard a cry to the north, a great wail, and the thundering beats of a stampede charging towards the east. Clouds gathered and a thunderclap sounded, like a great drum of war bounding from the skies. And out of that burning pillar of cloud shot a great bolt of lightning... And Radjar could swear he heard...
"I AM BARBOD! I AM THE BULL!"
The company stood and felt the eerie wind as the burning clouds enveloped the sky. Barbod the Bull was gone.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

The Green Knight wrote: What would it be? Would it end with the hooves or the mace?

Two seconds to contact.

WALF grasped the worn hilt of the rusty, chipped blade. The knight charged at him, holding a bludgeon over the crest of his flamboyant helmet.
"BLOOD FOR AEZAZEL!" he shrieked. Walf back a few feet away in terror, prepared for death. At the last split second, he swung the heavy sword amateurly. It hit the horse in the leg unexpectedly, sending the knight flying at such speed he crashed into the mud, the crest of his helm caving in. Walf looked in disbelief at what he had done, but he had little time to think. A tall Aryan knight was coming for him.
"You bested one of my knights?" the Aryan cursed. "Prepare to die!"
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

The 3000 Black Knights had left the city gates. Not fare from them stood the Falcon army.

“FORM RANKS!”

“ARCHERS. READY!”

“Form the axe men behind our knights. They will take whats left. And infront the our kinghts will stand our 400 pikemen.” Sirion said to a commander of the ranks.

“Yes m'lord!”

Some of the Falcons saw what was happening and ordered there men to form ranks.

“BLACK KNIGHTS!” Sirion yelled out.

“DIE WITH ME THIS DAY!”

Without saying another word Sirion bolted off. He heild a spear in his hand. The Ranks started to charge with him.

“AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

Black Knights from every rank gave out a yelled that made the hair stick up on the Falcons back.

“Ahhhhhh!!!!” Sirion gave out a cry as he hit the ranks of the Falcons. He drove his spear into the haert of a Falcons. Quickely he unsheilthed his sword, and with one swipe three Falcons fell to the ground.

“RETREAT!” A Falcons commander yelled out.

“KNIGHTS. FORWARD!”

Knights started to poure out from the line of pikemen.

“AXE MEN! CHARGE WITH ME!” Sirion yelled out. His axe men fallowed him as they went around the battle.

“By the time Sirion got to the Falcons second line the first line was gone. The remaining Black Knights headed towards the second line.

The Black Knights axe was swift. By the time sirion and his 300 axe men hit the second line Falcons start to fall with every swing of the axe.

Already over 2500 Falcons had died. And only 567 Black Knights had fallen in battle.

LR
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

As the dragon flew away with the arrows having little effect, Randolph saw a large body of Black Knights pouring out from every possible opening from the castle. The Black Falcons, dazed and confused, many of them without weapons or armor tried vainly to follow their commanders orders, when there was a commander to be found. Randolph shook his head in disgust.

"Archers! Fall out and take places behind the battle lines! I have business to attend to!"

Spurring his horse, Randolph rode as fast as he could to a group of some 400 Falcons a mile away, one of the bodies that had been positioned to effect a full siege on the city and had consequently been left out so far. The men were scurrying from their tents and putting on their armor. Riding up to the small camp, Randolph faced a small body of soldiers.

"Where is your commander?"
"I am here", a man said pushing himself through the small group that had clustered there. His shirt was dirty and his face looked like it had only been half shaved. The men beside him looked around, their faces struck with fear and amazement "What should we do?" the commander asked, his voice tremoring with shock.
"Form your men up. Tell the other groups that are scattered around to form ranks and push onto the Black Knight's right flank when you are ready. We have been caught by surprise, and time is crucial. If we act quickly, we might turn the tide. Now hurry!"

Randolph spurred his horse away and galloped back the same way he had come, riding barely a half mile from the side of the battle. The Black Knights had taken the initiative and the first few ranks of the Black Falcons had already yielded. Digging his spurs deeper in the horse's flanks, Randolph rode as hard as he could. A stray arrow struck the ground just ahead of him and he goaded his horse even harder. A few minutes later, he had come around to Adolfus's tent. This section of the camp had escaped the fire and men were running around, forming groups while officers formed them up. As Randolph jumped off his horse, the commander walked out from his tent in full armor. He held the helmet in his hand, and on his breastplate, there was an emblazoned figure of a Falcon. His face was bent in a scowl, and turning to a man beside him, he barked some orders. Turning to Randolph, he spoke.

"Our army is in disarray - the Black Knights are approaching with rapid speed. In ten minutes, they will be where we are standing right now."
"I know that. I have just spoke..."
"Stop. We have no time to talk. I want you to form up as many horsemen as possible. Charge into the enemies ranks. Do whatever you must. Just give us time to regain our bearings. The lines that are forming will be swept away. The greater portion of the army must get away to regroup. Right now, we can either destroy the Black Knights for good, or have it the other way around. You have eight minutes. Now go!"

Randolph jumped on his horse and sped off. The men here were more prepared and were retreating in good order. Coming to the enclosure where the horses were kept, Randolph found almost two hundred men already mounted with several dozen more coming. He rode up to Gustav, his second in command.

"Take the left flank and intercept those coming out of the city. I will take the right and attempt to stem the flow. Get as many man as can be found in five minutes time. Then charge - we must act quickly."

Already, nearly four hundred knights were ready. From the low hill he was on, Randolph could see the situation - it looked like the complete disaster it was. Half the tents were burnt, and it was over this ground that the two lines were fighting. The Black Knights clearly had the upper hand, and were literally plowing through the Falcon ranks. At the edge of the unburnt tents, another line of Falcons stood, about 800 yards from the battle. More were coming each second, and it appeared they would stand longer. Craning his neck, Randolph saw fresh bodies of Falcons that had been positioned around the city form up, some of them being engaged by groups of Black Knights that had broken off from the main body. To his left, hundreds of wagons, soldiers, and equipment were retreating out of the back of the tent city. The first line was shattered. The Black Knights kept coming. His time was up.

Looking behind him, Randolph called to his men, their ranks swelled up to nearly five hundred men by newcomers.

"Let us stay this onslaught. We will turn the tide of this battle. Charge!"
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Sirion didnt withdraw from the first Black Knight line. His ranks were strong, and there axes swift. But he heard a voice from behind.

“KING SIRION! THE 8000 FRESH TROOPS ARE JOIN US NOW!”

Sirion quickely picked up a axe from a dead Black knight.

“FORWARD!”

Sirion let his axe down. Swiftely it crushed a Falcons helmet and into his head. Killing the Falcon.

It only took a few more second and the Falcons 2nd line had been wiped out.

“ARCHERS! FIRE!” A Falcons gave out a order from there 3rd line.

A wave of arrows hitt the Black Knights first line killng 235 men. But then the 8000 freash troops joined the Black knights. They hit the third line hard.

“M'lord! There are 800 horses with Knights ready for advancmet!”

“Take me too them!” Sirion yelled out as he withdraw from the main battle.

LR