Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: October

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: October

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Greetings Roleplayers!

Questions and comments regarding the CCRP should be posted here. Additions to the continuing epic should be posted in this thread.

Let the adventure continue!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

AAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!

I started a very long post when the "september" topic was open, and when I had finished it, the topic was locked!!!!

AAAAAGGHH!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

So can't you copy the post into October and post it there?
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:So can't you copy the post into October and post it there?
When I hit "submit", "the topic is locked" comes up. When I click back, I go back to the topic, and clicking forward takes me to the "locked" screen.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Uh... Nate... that last post of yours is a bit irrelevant, considering Radjar is on the road to a CLassic twon following some soldiers.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Jack Craft
Freeman

Post by Jack Craft »

Green Fox wrote:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:So can't you copy the post into October and post it there?
When I hit "submit", "the topic is locked" comes up. When I click back, I go back to the topic, and clicking forward takes me to the "locked" screen.
This is one of the reasons I generally work on my entries on wordpad before I cut and paste them in.

Well, that and the fact that my internet connection is about as stable as a jello skyscraper.
Truffula Trees are what everyone needs.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Daimyo wrote:Uh... Nate... that last post of yours is a bit irrelevant, considering Radjar is on the road to a CLassic twon following some soldiers.
hmmm...oops...I didn't see your last post...thought I really don't like the idea of this group that is supposed to be going to the Ninjas being distracted by something else...

:?

Well...lemme think of something and I'll edit my post...

:?
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Lucius Van DeMorte
Place In Heirarchy: Aezazel's Leige, Imperial Duke, and Templar of the Order of the Cross
Alignment: Evil
Bio: Lucius Van Demorte is the aristocratic leader of the Order of the Cross army, evil, cruel, and sadistic, he has resolved that he will not resign himself until he has killed Derek and Keavur Stormspear, who he believes are "the ultimate prey." He has distinct Aryan features that accent coldness and brooding, and is obsessed with power and murder. He enjoys battle, the act of killing itself, as a sport and a game for his pleasure.
Equipment: Silver Templar Sword, Cross Armor
Looks: Up soon
Secondary Character

Nate, please delete Danner Violess, if you will.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I just finished re-reading some of the August posts, and I think we all did some of of the best writing at that time. All the posts conveyed a sense of emotion and high adventure... Senses that would be could at this time in the Roleplay.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Notice how GK mentioned "The Wolf" in his post? This might just be a coincidence, but Searil is envisioned as a wolf by Radjar earlier in the epic.
Jack Craft
Freeman

Post by Jack Craft »

Green Knight, take a bow.

Having Aezazel/Gib steal the spirit box is a sinister twist-- and Bloodvaine's reaction to it is perfect. It's nice to see him finally nervous about something.

Excellent post, Green Knight!
Truffula Trees are what everyone needs.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Ok, in my latest post I've really set things in motion, but can I ask a favor? I'll be gone tomorrow and I don't want to miss any of the fun, so could you guys hold off from actually sending everyone into battle please? Developments prequeling the battle is fine, but I would like to be here when the Battle For Dametreos(TM) begins.

Thanks alot!
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Ok, in my latest post I've really set things in motion, but can I ask a favor? I'll be gone tomorrow and I don't want to miss any of the fun, so could you guys hold off from actually sending everyone into battle please? Developments prequeling the battle is fine, but I would like to be here when the Battle For Dametreos(TM) begins.

Thanks alot!
I don't think I want the battle to start tomorrow, or even in three days for that matter!!!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Ok guys, I've been thinking a lot about the roleplay lately and I guess I've got a lot to say. So if I happen to ramble on without end please excuse me.

So I'm reading this thread and once I get past all the lost posts and continuity fixes I come to this:
I just finished re-reading some of the August posts, and I think we all did some of of the best writing at that time. All the posts conveyed a sense of emotion and high adventure... Senses that would be could at this time in the Roleplay.
Yeah, it's really cool to look back at everything that's brought us here. The crusaders began to have troubles with BloodVaine. Gib wound up with a dragon in his woods. Lord Void discovered the theft of his lizard. Aezazel awoke. The Drullen Bell was attacked.

Even then the troubles were confined to the Forestmen and Dragon Masters. And now.... Well, I've got more to say about the future of Dametreos, but it can wait.
So next I see this:
Notice how GK mentioned "The Wolf" in his post? This might just be a coincidence, but Searil is envisioned as a wolf by Radjar earlier in the epic.
Actually when I mentioned the wolf I was referring to Jackal. However, now that I look back on it, I can see that it could be taken that way and... I think it's a happy coincidence that might make even more sense the way you took it.

And after that came this:
Green Knight, take a bow.

Having Aezazel/Gib steal the spirit box is a sinister twist-- and Bloodvaine's reaction to it is perfect. It's nice to see him finally nervous about something.

Excellent post, Green Knight!
Mwauhahahaha :twisted: Yeeeeeeesss, Sam sinister has nothing on me! Seriously though... I hope this complicates things in a good way.
After that, this...
Ok, in my latest post I've really set things in motion, but can I ask a favor? I'll be gone tomorrow and I don't want to miss any of the fun, so could you guys hold off from actually sending everyone into battle please? Developments prequeling the battle is fine, but I would like to be here when the Battle For Dametreos(TM) begins.

Thanks alot!
and this:
I don't think I want the battle to start tomorrow, or even in three days for that matter!!!
Personally I think the battle should start as soon as possible, but not so soon that it seems unrealistic. It'll likely take a few days to get everything ready.

By the way, I'm loving these titles. Battle For Dametreos(TM). BloodVaine Saga. It's great!

Well that pretty much brings us up to date. Now for my rambling. Ok so i've been thinking about the future of Dametreos right, and I know it's been said a million times, but what do you think's going to happen after this "saga" is over? I mean, this is something hard to top. Not that we have to. I don't know if we could take another one of these epic storylines. The death and destruction gets kinda old after a while and I kinda miss the old days. Maybe in another year or something, but I think Dametreos needs some time to heal first.

Speaking of the future... What are our plans for the one year birthday party that's coming up. I'm sure that between all of us we can think of some fun events or contests or something.

Also I think that this epic stuff is going to change some things. Friends will be made, alliances will be forged, the stage will be set for a whole new string of adventures. Evil lurks in the darkest corners, and the defeat of BloodVaine will not end all troubles.

See ya! :D
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Why top anything? You don't need to rise to new, devastating heights with each new cycle. This is about storytelling, I would say, and stories aren't necessarily just about world-shaking events, they are also about individual's adventures. Like, we could have medieval Indiana Jones/archaelogy quest, a spy thriller in rebuilt Orion, pirate-hunting south of Talistrand, just to name a few ideas.

Of course, the Old Man/Sorceror-king quest is still kicking around out there, and it will probably last a bit longer than BloodVaine, just because BloodVaine has been delaying them a bit, so there's always room for retired heroes to jump in on that adventure sometime.