CCRP Recap: October

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

CCRP Recap: October

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

OK – I said I’d do a recap. Instead of going through the posts one by one as they happened, I will try a different format, focusing on individual groups. Please, by all means PM me if you think I missed something important or I got something wrong. I am certain I missed some things as I did this somewhat in a hurry. At any rate, here it goes :)

(1) Radjar upon entering Dragon Master land, sees a company of Cross Knights, but he and his companions, Keavur and Rosa decide not to meet them, suspecting that they might be loyal to Bloodvaine. Indeed they are, for a short time later they march onto a small village and kill its inhabitants. Alex, Logan and Jos lead a covert mission into Classic Legoland and confront a body of Cross Knights who mysteriously draw off halfway through the fight. We later find out they have been summoned by Aezazel to face the advancing allied army.

(2) At Drullen Bell Keep, the entourage of Forestmen, Wolfpack, Bulls, and smaller groups of other factions work day and night, getting the allied army organized and equipped. Jack Craft prepares a body of medics. Green Fox, wishing to do something right for a change, joins. A week later, while the Falcons are setting up camp just west of Orion and the Classic Legolanders making their way through Dragon Master territory, the Allied army sits just a few dozen miles from the Golden City. When Eroth Gamus is killed, Aros notices that his pendant is once more clear again – the relief of a dragon removed. At the same time the Falcon army under Falconis is departing from camp, the allied army arrays itself near Orion. When dawn breaks, the fight begins, the center of the army surging against the small guard of Dragon Masters at the gate. The battle increases in intensity as more and more troops of both sides start fighting each other. In the early afternoon, the allies right flank is nearly overwhelmed by a fresh body of Cross knights, but the arrival of allied dragon masters, (now painted pink to distinguish themselves) and deft maneuvering of dark Forestmen hold them back. Lord Void removes the threat poised by Aezazel by crashing his airship into the demon’s. A spectacular explosion follows as both airships blow up. Derek then confronts the demon and both kill each other. Green Fox is wounded and Jack cares for him. Bjarn is nearly killed and comes to the infirmary to the point of death. His leg splintered up, Green Fox comes to Bjarn’s bedside, and apologizes. He goes off and finds Jack Craft drunk. Seeing nothing better to do, he does the same and gives some of the drink to a feeble Bjarn, much to Shianya’s dismay. Most of the resistance ends, but there are isolated incidents of attacks as night comes. The next day, The leaders of the united Factions meet and Quorandis seeks out Constantinus who appears to be next in line for the position of Emperor. Targon makes a pathetic attempt to pose as the true heir, and is mysteriously swallowed by the ground.

(3) Down in Talistran Palace, while the sorcerer-King is finally making arrangements with Quorandis to visit the old ruins, a messenger breaks in bringing in news of the Emperor’s death and how Bloodvaine has taken power. Quorandis breaks off with the frustrated Sorcerer and calls an emergency meeting. It is determined that Quorandis, now the temporary self-proclaimed emperor will lead an invasion to recover Orion. The Sorcerer King is forbidden to visit the old ruins in such a crisis. (see 9). Three days later, the army of Classic Legolanders departs and arrives on the shoreline of Royal Knight territory, picking up a body of Dragon Masters along the way. They make their way through Dragon Master territory, passing through the Neverwood along the way and meeting up with a group of Dragon Masters who had taken Rosa, Radjar, and some others captive. They explain who they are and they are set free. Just as they are leaving, the Legolanders and the aforementioned Dragon Masters meet. Joining forces, they continue their march to Orion, taking the Dark Dragon’s den along the way. Unbeknownst to both groups, Gart has been watching, preventing the Legolander army from harm. (see 7). From there they encamp just southwest of Orion and receive news of the advancing Falcon army. (see 5) Most of the dragon Masters then break off, intent on aiding the allied army. (see 2)

(4) Frederick, taken prisoner by a Black Knight galley, reaches Glondor. Peter, the captain of the ship goes into town and receives news of the siege that is being undertaken at Rathoan. Forming up a small body of men, he marches to the besieged city. A few days later, about halfway to Rathoan, Frederick manages to escape and begins his trek to Falconis City. When he reaches Limtol, a small trading town in Royal Knight land, he obtains a horse and continues to his destination. There he stops at the embassy for the Black Falcon isles and learns of the disasters that have befallen the Black Falcons and how Falconis has gone out in person to take charge of the situation. We learn here of his ardent and perhaps foolish loyalty to Falconis.

(5) A full siege is underway at Rathoan. Adolfus, the commander of the Black Falcon Army appoints Randolph to command the siege corps. A wizard, somehow a friend of Sirion states that he will ride Beleriand into battle one last time. Randolph is rebuked by Adolfus for not forcing a full siege on the city. The Black Falcon army is split up into several scattered segments to accomplish this. About four days into the siege, Beleriand reappears with the wizard on his back. The Falcons are taken by surprise, and nearly half of their tents are destroyed. Thousands are killed as they frantically attempt to regroup. Sirion takes advantage of the confusion and leads a sortie out of Rathoan. The Falcons start forming lines, but their confusion and disarray make it easy for the Black Knights to surge through. The group of elite Falcons forms up and holds back the Black Knights as the larger part of the army makes a hasty retreat. A group of mounted Black Knights tries to get to the retreating men, but they are intercepted by Gustav’s division. Both are wiped out while Randolph’s body of horsemen makes contact with the main line of Black Knights. Most of his men are killed as well, and he barely gets away with a few dozen of his men. Eroth Gamus makes his appearance and fights with Beleriand. Both kill each other. The Black Knights kill off the last of the standing Falcons as the main body is already burning bridges behind them. Lacking the strength or the recourses to continue, the Black Knights withdraw back to Rathoan.
A week later, the Falcons encamp just a few dozen miles west of Orion. Falconis meets with them, removes Adolfus from the head of the army and passes the position to Martin. Upon hearing of the Allied army marching on Orion, Falconis decides to split his army and take the better segment of it to aid Bloodvaine. They are intercepted by a group of dragons commandeered by some of the Dragon Masters that had joined Quorandis’s army. Most of the Falcons break ranks and flee, and Randolph uses this opportunity to escape to the Legolander camp. He then reveals that he and most of his men oppose Falconis’s rule and they will be glad to join the Legolander army. (see 3) Quorandis agrees to the offer and a short time later, the combined forces swing to the east of the Falcon Army and catch what little is regrouped at a small town to the north while being harrased by hidden groups of Legolanders. Randolph fights Falconis and mortally mounds him before falling to the ground himself. Later on he wakes up in a makeshift hospital set up for wounded Black Falcons. During the night, Martin escapes with the core of the army back to the camp. Falconis briefly recovers and tells the general that he wants him to be the next king instead of his weak son. Falconis then dies, and Martin withdraws the army further north, into conquered Royal Knight territory. There, he disbands the greater part of the army and meets with the Marquis Durlass who is now regent over the prince. Martin then plots how to best seize control of the Falcon government.

(6) The Lone Falcon departs from Drullen Bell to make his way to Falconis city. When he arrives, he receives news of Falconis’ he meets with his good friends in the resistance, Vanderdious and Mayriz. There, he plans to assassinate Durlass, but when he and a disguised Vander arrive, the find that he has left as well as the recent death of the king. Their plans foiled, the lone falcon and his cohorts go back undercover to wait events out for the time being.

(7) Gib – or rather Aezazel, presents the spirit box to Bloodvaine who commands him to keep it safe. For the first time we see that the necromancer is somewhat shaken. After returning from The now destroyed Fire Breathing Fortress, Bloodvine collapses – exhausted, the Mana now drained. When the allied army reaches the city, he literally goes mad, and sacrifices a multitude of people in order to draw mana from them. Gart arrives with his dragon and invites Aezazel into his body and in turn releasing Gib. Before he can use his regained power though, Gib, Aezazel now departed from him, uses the spirit box to kill Bloodvaine.

(8 ) At the Fire breathing Fortress, Drock and Caimlin meet, planning to lead the Dragon Masters in revolt against Bloodvaine. Their plans are ruined though when Bloodvaine teleports to their location. Caimlin escapes while Drock and Bloodvaine duke it out. By accident, Bloodvaine destroys the fortress in a tremendous and impressive blast, barely escaping himself. Drock is apparently killed. Lord Void, having received a teleharm from Caimlin, speeds his airship to the spot, rapidly picking up the survivors and races back to the allied army. (see 2) Later on, Lord Void having teleported here, finds that he has lost his power. He then joins up with a thoughtful Gart.

(9) As Bloodvaine dies, there is an assassination attempt on the Sorcerer king by a ninja. Frustrated and fed up, the ruler sets off to the old ruins.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

WOW, that all happened in one month??? :shock:

Thanks a ton for doing this, Lemon, feel free to do next month's as well... :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Ouch!!!

Remembering my own recap, that's a lot of pain and agony.

You did an excellent job though. Your format worked well, although I don't personally see it as much different than the way Nathan or I did it.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

Whooof! I tried to join in this month, but it was all too confusing at first..... :? Hopefully I'll catch up this month. :D
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

good work! :D
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Great Job. I jsut bnow took the time to Read your whiole Recap. I notice you did an exceptional job!

Congrats!
Space rocks.