Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: November

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Hey RPers, look what I just found:

This soooooooo says Twin Pendants of King Kris to me! At last Reno and Aros can actually have them! KK2 has it's good points...

viewtopic.php?t=3187
I own this tile Nate and if you want to do a trade or have me make some kind of RP MOC.

PM me.

LR
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

!

i was just browsing the t.v channels here in england, and i come across a lego advertisement. It said something like :-
"The great castle of Morciais under siege"

I thought to my self "Morcia, eh" : i had heard it some where before.
I thought of a certain C-C Rp Location, in the ninja district of the map - Morcia.

Lego copied our name!!! :evil:

Nik
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

lone ranger wrote:I own this tile Nate and if you want to do a trade or have me make some kind of RP MOC.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll just get a couple from Bricklink sometime.
the_great_one wrote:i was just browsing the t.v channels here in england, and i come across a lego advertisement. It said something like :-
"The great castle of Morciais under siege"

I thought to my self "Morcia, eh" : i had heard it some where before.
I thought of a certain C-C Rp Location, in the ninja district of the map - Morcia.

Lego copied our name!!! :evil:
:lol: Hehe, actually, KK2 and the Castle of Morcia set had already been announced when Lugz first used the name 'Morcia' for a Ninja town. Great minds think alike?

On a related note, there are two Ninja towns that have almost the same name, Morica and Moria. I think Moria should be changed to avoid confusion, and since (I think, Mike refresh my memory please) that Moria is also a Dwarven mine in LOTR. Thoughts?
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:On a related note, there are two Ninja towns that have almost the same name, Morica and Moria. I think Moria should be changed to avoid confusion, and since (I think, Mike refresh my memory please) that Moria is also a Dwarven mine in LOTR. Thoughts?
You asked for it....

A dwarven mine? Moria was the dwarven mine. Or rather, dwarven cavern-kingdom. Moria was more than just a mine, it was the home of hundreds (thousands more likely), where they lived, worked, and died. The only reason for the dwarves to leave was to get food.

Then the balrog came.... but's that's a long story.

Actually, Moria only acquired that name after the dwarves fled it after the balrog's arrival. It's true name was the dwarvish Khazad-dum (with a couple of those funky symbols over the vowels), which meant Dwarf-cave (roughly).

The original elven name had been a more-or-less direct translation of Khazad-dum, the exact pronunciation/spelling of which eludes my memory at the moment. They (the elves) took to calling it Moria once it acquired an evil reputation (thanks to the balrog). Moria means "black pit".

Okay....

My apologies for the Tolkien discourse, but it's been so-oooooo long.... :twisted:
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Say, I was thinking of joining in with this whole roleplay. Can someone explain the storyline to me?
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

SKM from BZPower wrote:Say, I was thinking of joining in with this whole roleplay. Can someone explain the storyline to me?

Well you can go here and read the archives and just browse. I suggest reading the Roleplay as far back as July. You can read it all if you like though! Just go to the archives, and where ever they stop you can go to the gaming forum and look for the next month!

After you have the basic idea of what's up you can create a character. Just click on the link I provided and click join. Then copy the from, and paste it here. Then fill out the form for your character and you can join once your character is aproved. :D

I hope you decide to join!
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

To expand on what Forester said, the CC-Roleplay is basically an open-ended story, set within the space shown in the CC-Roleplay map.

Basically, everyone creates one or more characters, and then tells their story, including any and all interactions with the other characters. The main rule in doing so is that you must keep the "autoing" (that is, the actions of other people's characters) within the character of that person. Also, anything written in the Roleplay is set in stone. Unless it is found to be in contravention of the rules, in which case it will be modified or deleted.

Before you can join, you need to read all of the Roleplay up to this poin (or at least the previous 5 months or so, in addition to recaps), as well as all the rules and character bios. I'll also link you to the RulesPage. The Bios can also be found on the Gaming Page (up from the Rules).

If you have any further questions, they can be asked here in this thread. We'll do our best to answer.

Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator
Last edited by Formendacil on Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Well, my move is finished. I just posted my pathetic and short attempt at re-entering the roleplay.

By the way, great job with everything, guys. The writing has really improved.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Devari wrote:Well, my move is finished. I just posted my pathetic and short attempt at re-entering the roleplay.

By the way, great job with everything, guys. The writing has really improved.

That was actually a great post. It was better than my "Returning post" after I had been gone for a shorter time then you.

It's kind of hard to come back and post after you've been gone for a while, huh? Trust me I know. I wanted to catch up with everything because I needd to meet up with Radjar and company, etc. etc. etc.

Anyways the psot wasn't BAD at all. You just may be a bit "rusty". It will all come back after a few posts. Mine did. :wink:
Space rocks.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Heh, thanks.

What you say about being rusty is true. I don't think I've done solid RPing since I left here.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Devari wrote:Heh, thanks.

What you say about being rusty is true. I don't think I've done solid RPing since I left here.

Yeah. It's kinds hard to get back into the "swing" of things.
Space rocks.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Well, I've looked through the Misfits of Dametreos in the Archives, and though the story's kind of huge, it was very exciting all the way through :D . Is there anything else I should look at before I send off to join?
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

SKM from BZPower wrote:Well, I've looked through the Misfits of Dametreos in the Archives, and though the story's kind of huge, it was very exciting all the way through :D . Is there anything else I should look at before I send off to join?
Did you read up to the present? Did you look at all the Characters Descriptions? If so, than you now just have to create a character and get it aproved.
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

SKM from BZPower wrote:Well, I've looked through the Misfits of Dametreos in the Archives, and though the story's kind of huge, it was very exciting all the way through :D . Is there anything else I should look at before I send off to join?
The Rest of the story.

The story has only been archived for the first little while or so, I believe to the end of the original Roleplay thread.

You can continue to bring yourself up to date by reading the Roleplay threads posted since, which are all dated by month. Be warned though, that it'll be a bit of a long haul....

Here's March, a short one.

Here's April, an even shorter one.

Here's May, the last short one.

After May, the posting started to increase again. You can find the June, July, August, September, October, November, and December threads by checking out the Gaming Forum thoroughly. They will be entitled Classic-Castle Roleplay: Month's Name.

Enjoy!

Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator.